PDA

View Full Version : NHC Dundee / McCann

Craig_in_Prague
12-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Strange one that, Neil McCann came out of retirement to play for Dundee..........scored the winner today 5mins into stoggage time.

Nameless
12-02-2011, 09:29 PM
How are they able to sign a player when they are in administration?

hibee_girl
12-02-2011, 09:30 PM

He played as a trialist

Craig_in_Prague
12-02-2011, 09:30 PM

I believe he can play for 3 games as a trialist..........which bides them a little time until they can 'sign' players....... i think

BS44
12-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Strange one that, Neil McCann came out of retirement to play for Dundee..........scored the winner today 5mins into stoggage time.

Any chance of Albert Kidd coming out of retirement?

Sir David Gray
12-02-2011, 10:03 PM
I heard this on Radio Scotland earlier and it was the first I had heard of it.

Does this mean that his pundit career on Sky is finished?

majorhibs
12-02-2011, 10:04 PM
Any chance of Albert Kidd coming out of retirement?

Albert Kidd (sir) will never be "retired". Just like Mcloud in the movie "Highlander" he is "Immortal". :flag:

hibee_girl
12-02-2011, 10:05 PM
I heard this on Radio Scotland earlier and it was the first I had heard of it.

Does this mean that his pundit career on Sky is finished?

No, he said in the paper today that Sky are his first priority but playing today didn't affect his Sky commitments at all.

ArabHibee
12-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Hated him when he played for the Dee's, hated him when he was a jambo.

greenlex
12-02-2011, 10:43 PM

He played as a trialist

Thats just taking the pish IMO. The SFL should take action and punt them into the lowest division like they should have done in the first place.
Sanctions for going into Administration are not tough enough.:grr:
If I was a creditor that had just been shafted I would be very angry at this. Are we to believe he played for nothing?:rolleyes: How can he possibly be fielded as a trialist? He is about 500years old FFS. Blatantly taking the piss

Removed
12-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Thats just taking the pish IMO. The SFL should take action and punt them into the lowest division like they should have done in the first place.
If I was a creditor that had just been shafted I would be very angry at this. Are we to believe he played for nothing?:rolleyes: How can he possibly be fielded as a trialist? He is about 500years old FFS. Blatantly taking the piss

:agree:

Surely bringing the game as a whole and the name of Dundee FC into disrepute.

Ed De Gramo
12-02-2011, 10:46 PM

Believe it or not, players do play for nothing if it will save the club they started out with. :agree:

Fairplay to Dundee and McCann.

greenlex
12-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Believe it or not, players do play for nothing if it will save the club they started out with. :agree:

Still wrong he can play as a trialist. Goes against the regulations of administration. Shouldnt be allowed. As I said taking the piss.

Removed
12-02-2011, 10:52 PM

It's not fairplay though is it Gramo.

Ed De Gramo
12-02-2011, 10:55 PM
Still wrong he can play as a trialist. Goes against the regulations of administration. Shouldnt be allowed. As I said taking the piss.

If they ain't paying him then how does it go against the regulations? He didn't get his name on the back of a shirt (cost of shirt printing) so he basically played for nothing and it costs Dundee nothing.

A shrewd move

greenlex
12-02-2011, 11:03 PM
If they ain't paying him then how does it go against the regulations? He didn't get his name on the back of a shirt (cost of shirt printing) so he basically played for nothing and it costs Dundee nothing.

A shrewd move
Ok maybe not regulations but it smacks of cheating to me. They are in Administration and lucky only to be deducted 25 points and the pull a stunt like this. Not right. Shrewd my arse. If I was a fan of anyone else in that division I would be livid and see it as a form of cheating.

Removed
12-02-2011, 11:04 PM

A shrewd move

Would you agree it was shrewd and "fair play" if it was the yams?

Ed De Gramo
12-02-2011, 11:10 PM
Would you agree it was shrewd and "fair play" if it was the yams?

It would hurt me to say it but I would say its fairplay.

Different twist on you question....if this was Hibs in Dundee's problem, would you still be calling it a disgrace?

ArabHibee
12-02-2011, 11:11 PM

Different twist on you question....if this was Hibs in Dundee's problem, would you still be calling it a disgrace?
We wouldn't pull a stunt like that.

Not Hibs Class

Removed
12-02-2011, 11:13 PM

Yes, no hesitation.

Dundee should have been punished more severely. Other clubs doing the same thing should be too. Dundee don't understand the term fairplay or integrity. If they can't pay their bills put them out of business. It's that simple.

greenlex
12-02-2011, 11:15 PM

What position is that Gramo? They havent been beaten in umpteen games and not looking like they will be relegated. Its wrong and I would be disappointed if Hibs pulled a stunt like that.

ArabHibee
12-02-2011, 11:16 PM
If I ever darken the doorstep of Dens Park again, I'll be paying 6p to the £ for my ticket.
Bet they wouldn't like that. No wonder their creditors are peed off.

Ed De Gramo
12-02-2011, 11:19 PM
If I ever darken the doorstep of Dens Park again, I'll be paying 6p to the £ for my ticket.
Bet they wouldn't like that. No wonder their creditors are peed off.

Dundee a better team than that pile of cack thats called Dundee Utd :wink:

ArabHibee
12-02-2011, 11:26 PM

Aye, whatever Gramo.
As long as they beat the manky Smeltc tomorrow, I'll be happy.

Removed
12-02-2011, 11:29 PM

That's another discussion Gramo. Arabs 6p in the £ comment is correct. They wouldn't like it but have shafted individuals and businesses in Dundee in the same way. You really haven't got a leg to stand on in this one mate.

PC Stamp
13-02-2011, 12:03 AM
That's another discussion Gramo. Arabs 6p in the £ comment is correct. They wouldn't like it but have shafted individuals and businesses in Dundee in the same way. You really haven't got a leg to stand on in this one mate.

I hate to say it but he has probably got two legs to stand on. What Dundee have done is obviously within the rules otherwise I suspect they wouldn't have done it, therefore having a go at Dundee is having a go at the wrong target. I suspect every club if in a similar situation would explore such options. Maybe yet again it's the rulemakers and beaurocrats who run the various elements of the Scottish game who should be the target?

If you ain't broke no rules then how can you be cheating?

Removed
13-02-2011, 12:10 AM
I hate to say it but he has probably got two legs to stand on. What Dundee have done is obviously within the rules otherwise I suspect they wouldn;t have done it, therefore having a go at Dundee is having a go at the wrong target. Maybe yet again it's the rulemakers and beaurocrats who run the various elements of the Scottish game who should be the target?

If you ain't broke no rules then how can you be cheating?

I was meaning morally. They're obviously within the rules but as I said earlier they should have had a harder punishment, especially as this is their 2nd time in administration.

H18SScottW
13-02-2011, 12:20 AM
Aye, whatever Gramo.
As long as WE beat the manky Smeltc tomorrow, I'll be happy.

As they like to say and do on Hibs.net; Fixed that for you!

There's no doubt that some involved in the running of DFC prior to this second administration knew what was going on and what it's likely outcome would be, but IMO the club as a whole deserves to carry on having suffered the punishment it received.

Surely, bearing in mind that punishment, they won't have broken any rules by fielding McCann today to risk further problems?

And as a PS, it'll be interesting to see how long their current self-righteous indignation lasts amongst Utd fans should their own financial problems come home to roost.

PC Stamp
13-02-2011, 12:20 AM
I was meaning morally. They're obviously within the rules but as I said earlier they should have had a harder punishment, especially as this is their 2nd time in administration.

Morals in football went out back in the 50's and 60's I'm afraid. Football sadly now is big money business and those with morals, whilst to be admired, rarely win.

ArabHibee
13-02-2011, 12:34 AM
As they like to say and do on Hibs.net; Fixed that for you!

Cheers. I do tend to get my "they's" and "we's" mixed up from time to time.

:wink:

H18SScottW
13-02-2011, 12:41 AM
Cheers. I do tend to get my "they's" and "we's" mixed up from time to time.

:wink:

... as your username would suggest :agree:

Anyhoo, welcome back and enjoy the game tomorrow :aok:

blackpoolhibs
13-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Personally i dont see anything wrong in this. If they brought in a player from some amateur side, there would be nothing said. This is just a player who used to play for them helping them out, and for free it seems? Its the sfa of the other mob who run the 1st division who are at fault here.

They should have been demoted to the 3rd division, i think most folk agree with this. All they are doing now is abide by the rules, is that not what we all wanted them to do in the first place?

Brooster
13-02-2011, 11:51 AM
McCann regularly trained with Hibs at East Mains whenYogi was in charge, I dont know if he still does. PS I cant stand Dundee, I wish they had folded.

blackpoolhibs
13-02-2011, 11:55 AM
McCann regularly trained with Hibs at East Mains whenYogi was in charge, I dont know if he still does. PS I cant stand Dundee, I wish they had folded.

Funny that mate, they are my 2nd favorite team, and Alberts my favorite non Hibs player of all time.:greengrin

Brooster
13-02-2011, 11:56 AM
Nice one. They have knowingly made a James Hunt of everyone and got away with it twice.

blackpoolhibs
13-02-2011, 12:03 PM
Nice one. They have knowingly made a James Hunt of everyone and got away with it twice.

I agree, but if the authorities wont punish them how they should be punished, they wont punish themselves further by not trying to work within the rules now?

I think we all agree they should have been punished much harder, but i just cant hate them, in fact whenever i hear their name mentioned, it brings a smile to my face.:greengrin

Removed
13-02-2011, 12:10 PM
I think we all agree they should have been punished much harder, but i just cant hate them, in fact whenever i hear their name mentioned, it brings a smile to my face.:greengrin

:agree: makes "we are Hibernian FC......" seem a bit silly

Should be "we hate jam tarts but we love dundee" :greengrin

HibbyAndy
13-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Aye, whatever Gramo.
As long as they beat the manky Smeltc tomorrow, I'll be happy.

I hope Celtc absolutley molest Dundee utd today.

Rip them an utter new hole :agree:

--------
13-02-2011, 12:19 PM

Remember the guy Livingston employed as a 'public relations officer' while in admin?

It got them round the rules regarding the terms of their administration, but then he started playing for them as an 'unpaid amateur'?

IIRC he had been capped as an international by one of the North African countries.

McCann isn't a trialist. Calling him that doesn't make him so. Bending the rules, and if we were competing with Dundee either for promotion or against relegation right now, we'd all be going ballistic. But then Hibs are big enough to cope - we did a lot of business legally in our Div One adventure and came back up first time. Other teams in Div One right now can't do that, and if this keeps Dundee up at the expense of someone 'smaller' (but who hasn't gone into admin), it's wrong, IMO.

Just Jimmy
13-02-2011, 02:00 PM
the real loosers here are Raith Rovers. Challenging for the title after YEARS of abiding by every ****ed up, stupid arse rule the SFA/SPL imposed, including increasing the capacity of Starks Park to meet the 10k seats rule at the time. They have faught back from crippling debt and are on the brink of playing in the big boys league again.

Dundee, who have this far, ****ed everyone and their dog over, play a former Dundee, Herts, Rangers and Scotland player as a TRIALIST? He'll play one game this season, yet only the Rovers suffer.

It's a disgrace and Dundee are a disgrace.

--------
13-02-2011, 02:07 PM
the real loosers here are Raith Rovers. Challenging for the title after YEARS of abiding by every ****ed up, stupid arse rule the SFA/SPL imposed, including increasing the capacity of Starks Park to meet the 10k seats rule at the time. They have faught back from crippling debt and are on the bring of playing in the big boys league again.

Dundee, who have this far, ****ed everyone and their dog over, play a former Dundee, Herts, Rangers and Scotland player as a TRIALIST? He'll play one game this season, yet only the Rovers suffer.

Which was a rule Dundee had signally failed to abide by the season they were promoted and we were relegated, IIRC.

They were allowed to come up with Dens in the same state it had been in for years (a tip); Falkirk the season after our promotion weren't allowed any leeway and were refused promotion because of the state of Brockville - which was no worse than Dens had been 2 years earlier.

ancient hibee
13-02-2011, 02:19 PM
Just as much to the point is that it shows what a poor standard the division is that the top of the league team can allow a guy nearer 40 than 30 who hasn't played for yonks to come off the bench and score the winner.

Nameless
13-02-2011, 02:28 PM
the real loosers here are Raith Rovers. Challenging for the title after YEARS of abiding by every ****ed up, stupid arse rule the SFA/SPL imposed, including increasing the capacity of Starks Park to meet the 10k seats rule at the time. They have faught back from crippling debt and are on the brink of playing in the big boys league again.

:top marks

Spot on. Rovers do business the right way, stay within the rules and honour agreements with local businesses etc.....Administration is cheating by another name.