PDA

View Full Version : Take a bow, Vic...

new malkyhib
12-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Did this laddie Palsson break sweat today?

Absolutely strolled the game, playing in two separate positions, thumped in a pressure penalty, and even had time to stir the crowd up when we went to 10 men.

Future Hibs captain if we can hold onto him.

Well done son:top marks

Liam89
12-02-2011, 06:24 PM
He is something special!

tamig
12-02-2011, 06:36 PM

Absolutely strolled the game, playing in two separate positions, thumped in a pressure penalty, and even had time to stir the crowd up when we went to 10 men.

This boy looks to be the real deal. Tbh, I can't really see him even lasting the 18 months if he keeps this form up. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if his contract has a clause giving Liverpool first dibs on him - effectively an 18 month loan deal. One thing's for sure, when he does leave, he'll not be heading west. He also seems to have a great affinity with the support - almost Budgie-esque. We should enjoy every minute he's with us. Top prospect. And I'd love him to be here for the long haul.

CapitalHibs
12-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Multi million pound player IMO.

jackhfc
12-02-2011, 06:53 PM
It really does annoy me that the guys played three games for us and already we're talking about him leaving, don't just see why we can offer these players better wages and make them stay:yawn:

sammy7
12-02-2011, 06:56 PM
I'm sure he is just on loan anyway!

Haymaker
12-02-2011, 06:58 PM

18month deal. Not a loan.

Greenblood70
12-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Very impressed with this lad. Very calm on the ball, almost always picks the right option and the maturity to slot the winning pen.

I hope we can hold onto him as long as is reasonably possible because if he continues his form I envisage a few offers in the Summer window.

Craig_in_Prague
12-02-2011, 07:01 PM
More than happy to sign players that are destined for bigger and better things.

The more of these we sign and sell, the better cash flow overall. Rather than signing numpties, or having to pay players off, or new managers can't wait to get shot of them etc, ....my feeling is in our current solid state financially, we'll be able to slowly raise our wages further etc, and be at least in a better position to attract better players and keep those we want.

Anyway, it was clear after about 5 mins at Tannadice that this guy was a good yin.

Would be surprised if we dont get offers this summer already for him.

Was not so long ago CC and Petrie were being slated for shopping at Lidl. :rolleyes:

ps. Thornhill looks very good too :aok:

sammy7
12-02-2011, 07:03 PM

good stuff then! :agree:

hibee_girl
12-02-2011, 07:04 PM
He's something else :agree:

He slotted back into defence with such ease after Dickoh got sent off.

Also loved his geeing up the East Stand:greengrin

Badge
12-02-2011, 07:04 PM
It really does annoy me that the guys played three games for us and already we're talking about him leaving, don't just see why we can offer these players better wages and make them stay:yawn:

No way can we compete with what he would be offered by a premiership or championship side. We need to enjoy his time here and get as much as we can for him when the time comes for him to move on.

Hibs Class
12-02-2011, 07:05 PM
I missed the St Mirren game due to work so today was the first time I saw the new guys, and VP was the standout by a mile.

IWasThere2016
12-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Different class :agree:

Clearly has it upstairs! :thumbsup:

Getting the East going too - quality! :not worth

Badge
12-02-2011, 07:10 PM
Pity he couldn't bring a few of his mates from the Iceland under 21s with him.
Another couple from Liverpool might help as well.

jackhfc
12-02-2011, 07:11 PM
No way can we compete with what he would be offered by a premiership or championship side. We need to enjoy his time here and get as much as we can for him when the time comes for him to move on.

Agree if he gets an offer from a Premiership club then he'll be offski, but if the yams can offer more than championship clubs for Andy Webster, why can't we offer more for Palsson :confused:

WindyMiller
12-02-2011, 07:11 PM
good stuff then! :agree:

Talking to yersel.
You'll get taken away!

BEEJ
12-02-2011, 07:17 PM
:agree: We need to accept that as our lot. He's a class act though.

However, IMHO Murray was MoM today.

Badge
12-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Agree if he gets an offer from a Premiership club then he'll be offski, but if the yams can offer more than championship clubs for Andy Webster, why can't we offer more for Palsson :confused:
What did they offer webster. Can't believe it would be more than a championship side.

jackhfc
12-02-2011, 07:26 PM
What did they offer webster. Can't believe it would be more than a championship side.

Not sure on the exact figures, but at the time he had recieved offers from Hearts, Hibs and a few Championship clubs:dunno:

Andy74
12-02-2011, 07:28 PM
:agree: We need to accept that as our lot. He's a class act though.

However, IMHO Murray was MoM today.

Eh? Murray is finished and looked miles off the pace today. Some nifty footwork in one run second half but he was murder otherwise.

Badge
12-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Not sure on the exact figures, but at the time he had recieved offers from Hearts, Hibs and a few Championship clubs:dunno:

There might have been clauses in the deals offered by other sides. Pay if you play, length of contract? Who knows. He will have taken the deal he thinks is best for him. If they have offered silly money then he will have taken it. Did he play today?

new malkyhib
12-02-2011, 07:32 PM

Aye but as soon as it got out that we wanted him, then they just had to have him didn't they? - and are probably paying him silly money in the process.

You can only hope it bites them on the @rse one of these days.

Up the Hibs.

Arch Stanton
12-02-2011, 07:35 PM
He's something else :agree:

He slotted back into defence with such ease after Dickoh got sent off.

Also loved his geeing up the East Stand:greengrin

Totally looked the part taking the penalty and ditto when he lined up as Centre Back in a ten man formation - I was surprised at the time that Murray wasn't put there but in the event it was clearly the right move.

Kaiser1962
12-02-2011, 08:09 PM

So his agent told us all :whistle:

down-the-slope
12-02-2011, 08:11 PM

Scouser mate of mine who lives in Edinburgh reckons he was their reserve Captain....anyone else here this :rolleyes: He certainly does not suffer from a lack of confidence in his ability...and so far has been able to back it up

ScottB
12-02-2011, 08:21 PM

Because Hearts don't care how much debt they rack up. Just because they are happy to chuck ludicrous amounts of money around doesn't mean we should.

Besides, it assumes that the sole motivation for any player is cash, which as much as some like to think it is, isn't necessarily true. A player of Palsson's apparent class isn't going to spend his time in the SPL when bigger clubs in better leagues come calling, regardless of how much cash we offer him.

AFKA5814_Hibs
12-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Scouser mate of mine who lives in Edinburgh reckons he was their reserve Captain....anyone else here this :rolleyes: He certainly does not suffer from a lack of confidence in his ability...and so far has been able to back it up

Palsson was Liverpool's reserve captain. There was an article in the paper last week where he said he captained the reserve side and Gerrard was playing in the same team. Tremendous player, a real find by Calderwood.

oconnors_strip
12-02-2011, 09:49 PM

:agree: http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/liverpool-prepared-to-let-captain-leave

the lad has more confidence on and off the park than guys who have been playing the game professionally for years!

BEEJ
12-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Eh? Murray is finished and looked miles off the pace today. Some nifty footwork in one run second half but he was murder otherwise.
I was thinking more about his tackling and intervention play than his forward attacking movements. He was labouring early in the second half but seemed to get his second wind when we went down to ten men.

Thought he was immense defensively.

roondheid
12-02-2011, 10:25 PM
:hibees

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/51224000/jpg/_51224309_palsson_goal.jpg

Removed
12-02-2011, 10:27 PM

That's my new laptop background :thumbsup:

Iceman
12-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Glad he scored. If he keeps this up he'll be playing full internationals for Iceland very soon.

According to Icelandic media he loves it in Edinburgh and sees this as the perfect place to establish himself in the game. Could stay at Hibs for quite few years.

greenlex
12-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Glad he scored. If he keeps this up he'll be playing full internationals for Iceland very soon.

According to Icelandic media he loves it in Edinburgh and sees this as the perfect place to establish himself in the game. Could stay at Hibs for quite few years.
That would be brilliant but if he keeps this level of performance up he will be off next January. Probably to Celtic or Rangers but hopefully back down south.
I think he is gonna be a stick out star for the Hibees. :thumbsup:

greenlex
12-02-2011, 10:49 PM
That's my new laptop background :thumbsup:
:agree: And mine. :hibees

bingo70
12-02-2011, 10:50 PM
from what i've seen i think he's going to be a terrific player for us and the way he slotted into defence today showed maturity beyind his years.....however i thought he is a better player than he showed in midfield today, i think against st mirren he really stamped his mark all over the game but today i actually thought he struggled to make such an impression, killies attacking midfielders were running riot in the first half and i don't think he made much of an impression.

Excellent when he moved back into defence though so the boy is clearly a talented player :agree:

Graham Law
12-02-2011, 10:53 PM
More than happy to sign players that are destined for bigger and better things.

The more of these we sign and sell, the better cash flow overall. Rather than signing numpties, or having to pay players off, or new managers can't wait to get shot of them etc, ....my feeling is in our current solid state financially, we'll be able to slowly raise our wages further etc, and be at least in a better position to attract better players and keep those we want.

Anyway, it was clear after about 5 mins at Tannadice that this guy was a good yin.

Would be surprised if we dont get offers this summer already for him.

Was not so long ago CC and Petrie were being slated for shopping at Lidl. :rolleyes:
ps. Thornhill looks very good too :aok:

Craig, lets get one thing clear here... I was the one that mentioned shopping at Lidl...or one of them and I never shy away from a statement I have made so I will retord you with this.

I have never once slated CC for his signings or where he gets them and for that matter I have never slated CC on anything since he arrived.. so please be a bit more accurate if your gonna play that type of card.....

I am perhaps a bit more of a realist than a few others on here but I will hang fire with my views of the current crop of signings at this stage..although granted it looks promising and I will be delighted if CC has an eye for a player.

I guess having to watch all the Hibs matches on the internet now makes me a bit uncomfortable putting across as strong an opinion as yourself about how well the current crop of new players have settled as I strongly believe its hard to really judge a player on the net or TV as you actually miss half of what really goes on out on the park (very frustrating part of tv football):brickwall.. but judging by reports of people who's view I actually respect and from feedback from a few of the players.. The new signings look to have settled well and long may it continue..

But as for my point about Lidl... I 110% stand by that statement as we very much are shopping in the bargain basement and that was always the point of my Lidl post. And no matter how you dress it up about liverpool reserve or top club like forest etc we again went for inexperience when i think we desperately more than ever needed to buy experience and i just hope the gamble pays off which at this stage looks promising:agree:.

Craig, sometimes there is more to a post than meets the eye. If you think I was basing the Lidl remark purely on the clubs we purchased the current set of players from them you are mistaken as there was more to it than that and judging by the amount of want to be accountants on here I am sure some will work out that is where my point was always coming from... but that debates for another day and not today..

Great result Hibs and well done CC and the team.. Oh and the fans as you lot sounded great through the net today.. Although the stream was again poor quality.

GGTTH

Dashing Bob S
12-02-2011, 11:13 PM
Craig, lets get one thing clear here... I was the one that mentioned shopping at Lidl...or one of them and I never shy away from a statement I have made so I will retord you with this.

I have never once slated CC for his signings or where he gets them and for that matter I have never slated CC on anything since he arrived.. so please be a bit more accurate if your gonna play that type of card.....

I am perhaps a bit more of a realist than a few others on here but I will hang fire with my views of the current crop of signings at this stage..although granted it looks promising and I will be delighted if CC has an eye for a player.

I guess having to watch all the Hibs matches on the internet now makes me a bit uncomfortable putting across as strong an opinion as yourself about how well the current crop of new players have settled as I strongly believe its hard to really judge a player on the net or TV as you actually miss half of what really goes on out on the park (very frustrating part of tv football):brickwall.. but judging by reports of people who's view I actually respect and from feedback from a few of the players.. The new signings look to have settled well and long may it continue..

But as for my point about Lidl... I 110% stand by that statement as we very much are shopping in the bargain basement and that was always the point of my Lidl post. And no matter how you dress it up about liverpool reserve or top club like forest etc we again went for inexperience when i think we desperately more than ever needed to buy experience and i just hope the gamble pays off which at this stage looks promising:agree:.

Craig, sometimes there is more to a post than meets the eye. If you think I was basing the Lidl remark purely on the clubs we purchased the current set of players from them you are mistaken as there was more to it than that and judging by the amount of want to be accountants on here I am sure some will work out that is where my point was always coming from... but that debates for another day and not today..

Great result Hibs and well done CC and the team.. Oh and the fans as you lot sounded great through the net today.. Although the stream was again poor quality.

GGTTH

Didn't Palsson come from Lidlpool?

ScottB
12-02-2011, 11:18 PM
That would be brilliant but if he keeps this level of performance up he will be off next January. Probably to Celtic or Rangers but hopefully back down south.

Doubt they will have the funds to lure him West, and if Palsson as ambition to match his talent, I can't see him considering going there anyway.

AFKA5814_Hibs
12-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Doubt they will have the funds to lure him West, and if Palsson as ambition to match his talent, I can't see him considering going there anyway.

Palsson has more class than to be a soapdodger. :agree:

greenlex
12-02-2011, 11:31 PM
He wont cost much in 12 months and it will be down to wages.:boo hoo:

Edinburgh Green
12-02-2011, 11:33 PM
from what i've seen i think he's going to be a terrific player for us and the way he slotted into defence today showed maturity beyind his years.....however i thought he is a better player than he showed in midfield today, i think against st mirren he really stamped his mark all over the game but today i actually thought he struggled to make such an impression, killies attacking midfielders were running riot in the first half and i don't think he made much of an impression.

Excellent when he moved back into defence though so the boy is clearly a talented player :agree:

Totally agree, i'm amazed how many people on the player ratings thread were giving our midfielders especially Palsson such high marks. Killies midfield passed and dribbled through ours with ease.

Saying that I think he'll be a quality player for us. :aok:

ScottB
12-02-2011, 11:44 PM

We got £250k for Bamba even with 6 months left. Rangers dream of the days when they could afford to drop that upfront on a transfer fee.

In any case, if it does come down to wages, the Old Firm would be gazumped with ease by a good 30 odd clubs South of the Border.

hibsbollah
12-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Would it not make more sense to slag the boy off mercilessly on here and at the ground, to persuade potential buyers he is, in fact, no very good?

Personally im hoping he has a shocking few months to put off any potential suitors.

HibbyRod
13-02-2011, 01:05 AM
Would it not make more sense to slag the boy off mercilessly on here and at the ground, to persuade potential buyers he is, in fact, no very good?

Personally im hoping he has a shocking few months to put off any potential suitors.
Get your irony .... But loady....! :greengrin

Diclonius
13-02-2011, 03:55 AM

We're not prepared to spend money we don't have.

In all seriousness though I think we should offer this guy the best deal we can give him at the end of the season. Class act.

essexhibee
13-02-2011, 08:24 AM

Is there any other photos from the game in thay site?

jon paul jones
13-02-2011, 09:14 AM
I was thinking more about his tackling and intervention play than his forward attacking movements. He was labouring early in the second half but seemed to get his second wind when we went down to ten men.

Thought he was immense defensively.

Real deal by Palsson

D D D D Victor Palsson

essexhibee
13-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Kissing the badge already what a legend!

Franck Stanton
13-02-2011, 11:33 PM

Huv a word mate, Murray was BY FAR man of thye match on Saturday. Yes he has lost his pace but in this game his heart for the challenge was unquestionable and certainly led by example. Geez - some people are never satisfied.

Teo10
14-02-2011, 07:54 AM
What a very calm taken penalty, kind of reminded me like Gerrard (with that being his idol, no wonder!) but the passion he has shown for this club in the very short time he has been here is going to make him more of a fans favourite than he is already. His celebration at FT and clapping the fans the past two weeks has been good to see! And trying to rally us up to make some noise and cheer on the team on Saturday was brilliant (as was the reply he got from the East!)

Woody70x2
14-02-2011, 07:59 AM
What a very calm taken penalty, kind of reminded me like Gerrard (with that being his idol, no wonder!) but the passion he has shown for this club in the very short time he has been here is going to make him more of a fans favourite than he is already. His celebration at FT and clapping the fans the past two weeks has been good to see! And trying to rally us up to make some noise and cheer on the team on Saturday was brilliant (as was the reply he got from the East!)

Palsson is a leader on the park... something we have been missing for ages... there was an occasion in Saturdays game that a couple of the midfield were dragged out of position and he let them know about it. Good lad! :aok:

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2011, 08:19 AM
Huv a word mate, Murray was BY FAR man of thye match on Saturday. Yes he has lost his pace but in this game his heart for the challenge was unquestionable and certainly led by example. Geez - some people are never satisfied.

Not for me, yes his 2nd have performance was superb, but palson for me was MOM for his performance over the 90 minutes.

The Falcon
14-02-2011, 08:34 AM

I think that was the reason he (his "advisors") insisted that the deal be 18 months so that by the time the new season starts he will already be in the "final year".

The man knows what he's doing and where he's going but I doubt very much that his journeys end will be anywhere near the Land of No Soap (or No Soap of Rome?)

aberhibsfc
14-02-2011, 08:55 AM
This boy looks to be the real deal. Tbh, I can't really see him even lasting the 18 months if he keeps this form up. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if his contract has a clause giving Liverpool first dibs on him - effectively an 18 month loan deal. One thing's for sure, when he does leave, he'll not be heading west. He also seems to have a great affinity with the support - almost Budgie-esque. We should enjoy every minute he's with us. Top prospect. And I'd love him to be here for the long haul.

:agree:

joe breezy
14-02-2011, 09:42 AM

Because Hibs play in the SPL which gets poorer TV Revenues than the English Championship (possibly League 1 too?).

We would need an alternative league or regular, successful Champions League football to do otherwise

Pretty Boy
14-02-2011, 10:01 AM
Kissing the badge already what a legend!

Pretty much guarantees he'll be offski in a few months then.:wink:

The guy is pure class though. Looks like he is loving being here, has played well in all 3 games thus far (although i do agree he wasn't quite as good yesterday as in previous weeks) and has a maturity about him that is way beyond his years.

Destined for the top if he keeps performing like he has been.

MacBean
14-02-2011, 10:11 AM

When Gerrard was recovering from injury he played alongside him for a good few game with Polsson RETAINING his captains armband in the reserves. So yes, yes he did captain the Liverpool reserves.

tamig
14-02-2011, 10:48 AM

I honestly can't see him going west. The Premiership is where this boy wil be heading. And as I mentioned earlier, wouldn't be surprised if his contract has a clause giving Liverpool first claim on him.

Westie1875
14-02-2011, 10:53 AM
Every match report I've read on the game states Palsson is on loan. Where have the press got this idea from as they all seem to think the same?

MB62
14-02-2011, 11:08 AM

I couldn't disagree more. I thought Murray did a lot of covering work and tackling and was well worth his wages on Saturday.
If you want to talk about somebody being off the pace then Thornhill is yer man to mention there.

MB62
14-02-2011, 12:07 PM

I was mightily impressed with the way he took charge at the penalty, quietly telling Deeks to forget it (or whatever words he used) as he was taking it.
The when Dicoh was wrongly red carded, Ian Murray was about to step in to centre half and again Palsson took control and told Murray to stay where he was as he was now going to play centre half.

MOTM by a distance for me, although Spoony put in a fantastic shift and deserves mention too.

Jack
14-02-2011, 12:25 PM
Now, just supposing here.

VP is on an 18 month loan from Liverpool [to get some 1st team experience under his belt].

His contract with Liverpool expires in 18 months.

As it seems likely this young man is the real deal. If this continues, or indeed gets better, I can see Liverpool coming back in 6 / 12 months time offering the laddie an extension to his contract with them. That will protect their investment.

Whether that future agreement includes or excludes him staying with us will be upto them. One thing I’m certain of, in my own tiny mind :greengrin, is that Glasgow will not even enter the young mans thoughts for the future.

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-02-2011, 12:28 PM
Every match report I've read on the game states Palsson is on loan. Where have the press got this idea from as they all seem to think the same?

Really don't think the press care about little things like facts unless its the Old Firm involved tbh. They have maybe jst assumed he is loan and not bothered to check. Hibs have always stated that its an 18 month contract.

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2011, 12:43 PM

VP is on an 18 month loan from Liverpool [to get some 1st team experience under his belt].

As it seems likely this young man is the real deal. If this continues, or indeed gets better, I can see Liverpool coming back in 6 / 12 months time offering the laddie an extension to his contract with them. That will protect their investment.

Whether that future agreement includes or excludes him staying with us will be upto them. One thing I’m certain of, in my own tiny mind :greengrin, is that Glasgow will not even enter the young mans thoughts for the future.

He's our player, Liverpool would have to buy him if they wanted him back before his contract AT Hibs runs out.

Sir David Gray
14-02-2011, 12:46 PM

He's not on loan from Liverpool, he signed for Hibs and is our player until the summer of 2012.

BEEJ
14-02-2011, 12:46 PM
As he's not playing for either side of the OF, little details like that are neither here nor there to the sports journalists in this country.

Hibs signed him on an 18 month deal. He spoke early on in an interview about the dilemma he faced leaving a club as big as Liverpool in order to get first-team experience.

Therefore having made the move he no longer has any connection with Liverpool FC.

END OF
:wink:

Jack
14-02-2011, 01:14 PM
He's our player, Liverpool would have to buy him if they wanted him back before his contract AT Hibs runs out.

He's not on loan from Liverpool, he signed for Hibs and is our player until the summer of 2012.

Something myself and a few others seem to have picked up incorrectly as I cant find a reference – probably cant find it as it doesn’t exist. :rolleyes:

Jack
14-02-2011, 01:28 PM
Does exist :na na:

HIBS are set to clinch a loan deal for Liverpool midfielder Victor Palsson (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2011/01/28/hibs-close-in-on-liverpool-midfielder-victor-palsson-as-zemmama-opens-talks-with-boro-86908-22882003/)

Hibs close on Palsson loan deal (http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/28012011/63/hibs-close-palsson-loan-deal.html)

Hibernian close on Palsson loan deal (http://www.football.co.uk/hibernian/hibernian_close_on_palsson_loan_deal_rss1573671.sh tml)

Liverpool's Victor Palsson is on the verge of a loan move to Hibernian, (http://www.manchesterwired.co.uk/news.php/126228-Palsson-about-to-sign-for-Hibs-as-Zemmama-nears-exit#)

I appreciate there are plenty others that just say he's signing :dummytit:

Iceman
14-02-2011, 01:39 PM
Victor Palsson is a Hibernian player with no strings attached to Liverpool at all. He signed a 18 month deal at Hibernian and there are rumours, he'll be offered another longer contract in the summer if he continues his good work.

His Liverpool deal was going to run out THIS summer, not the summer of 2012, so he would have been a free agent this summer.

Liverpool therefore agreed to let Victor sign for Hibernian on a free.

PS. I dont think Liverpool will want to sign Victor again in order to give him a second chance. Their youth players in the same position are amazing - most notably Conor Coady who is the reason why Palsson all of a sudden wasnt in their plans.

I think Palsson will want to cement his career here at Hibs for at least 3-4 years, he´ll only be 23 in four years time so he will still have much time to play somewhere else, providing he continues his good form here. Dont forget players fade away very quickly and Palsson still hasnt played against the top of crop here in Scotland. Dont make him out to be he isnt as people could get eggs on their faces if he doesnt live up to his early promise.

Jim44
14-02-2011, 01:50 PM

Exactly. Alan Patullo in the Scotsman refers to him as Hibs on-loan player about three times in his article. Is this lazy, rubbish journalism or is it done intentionally to steal, in a petty sort of way, some thunder from Hibs improving situation. It's a known fact that Patullo and Bathgate are dyed in the wool Jambos and don't miss any opportunity to belittle Hibs.

Speedway
14-02-2011, 02:30 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110128/palsson-deal-completed_2262950_2279290

Does this help?

Jim44
14-02-2011, 02:52 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110128/palsson-deal-completed_2262950_2279290

Does this help?

I think most of us are aware of the fact he has signed a contract with us. The irritating fact is that for some reason, known only to themselves, these so-called journos choose to ignore the facts and write incorrect information. Is it purely to annoy us? :greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
14-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Exactly. Alan Patullo in the Scotsman refers to him as Hibs on-loan player about three times in his article. Is this lazy, rubbish journalism or is it done intentionally to steal, in a petty sort of way, some thunder from Hibs improving situation. It's a known fact that Patullo and Bathgate are dyed in the wool Jambos and don't miss any opportunity to belittle Hibs.

I dunno about Bathgate, but Patullo is a Dundee fan. He's written umpteen articles of the "do you remember player x from when Dundee used to be a big team?" variety.

SRHibs
14-02-2011, 03:03 PM

I'd imagine it's just shoddy journalism and a little bit of paranoia on your behalf. Don't think they'd intentionally write their article up with misinformation. It is their job after all.

Anyway, Palsson's the man.

Jack

Does this help?

I’ve read that a few times and no it doesn’t really. :rolleyes: :greengrin

The words ‘has brought in’ doesn’t make it clear on what signing basis he has been signed. Palsson himself says ‘was really keen to join’ rather than he 'was really keen to sign' if you know what I mean. That, and given the articles I mentioned earlier, leaves the whole thing open to interpretation, IMO.

The difference in the wording in the Scott signing (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110125/scott-signs_2262950_2275919)“Hibernian can confirm … signed a three and a half year deal … transfer completed” to Palsson (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/PlayerProfiles/0,,10290~54103,00.html)page “joined Hibernian during the transfer window” - see :confused:

This page http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110131/player-update_2262950_2281477 is clearer in that Towell is mentioned as a loan whereas VP isn't, but that is the only black and white note from the club where which might suggest he's all ours.

Hibs are as infamous for saying nothing as they are for omitting when it suits. There are no lies, just enough for folk to read what they want to ‘hear’.

:devil:

MacBean
Does exist :na na:

HIBS are set to clinch a loan deal for Liverpool midfielder Victor Palsson (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2011/01/28/hibs-close-in-on-liverpool-midfielder-victor-palsson-as-zemmama-opens-talks-with-boro-86908-22882003/)

Hibs close on Palsson loan deal (http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/28012011/63/hibs-close-palsson-loan-deal.html)

Hibernian close on Palsson loan deal (http://www.football.co.uk/hibernian/hibernian_close_on_palsson_loan_deal_rss1573671.sh tml)

Liverpool's Victor Palsson is on the verge of a loan move to Hibernian, (http://www.manchesterwired.co.uk/news.php/126228-Palsson-about-to-sign-for-Hibs-as-Zemmama-nears-exit#)

I appreciate there are plenty others that just say he's signing :dummytit:

and here (page 2)

Shabby Journo at Scotsman, originally scrambled these words together, today in the paper:
In Victor Palsson Hibs look to have found the midfield general they have been crying out for all season. The on-loan Liverpool player even excelled in defence when Francis Dickoh's red card made for an absorbing last 15 minutes or so.

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibernian-2--1-Kilmarnock.6717675.jp

pain in the erse :agree:

Jack
14-02-2011, 03:06 PM
and here

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibernian-2--1-Kilmarnock.6717675.jp

pain in the erse :agree:

ME? :confused:

I know :agree:

MacBean
14-02-2011, 03:07 PM
ME? :confused:

I know :agree:

nah not you :wink:

I was referring to the journos :greengrin

SRHibs
14-02-2011, 03:08 PM

The words ‘has brought in’ doesn’t make it clear on what signing basis he has been signed. Palsson himself says ‘was really keen to join’ rather than he 'was really keen to sign' if you know what I mean. That, and given the articles I mentioned earlier, leaves the whole thing open to interpretation, IMO.

The difference in the wording in the Scott signing (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110125/scott-signs_2262950_2275919)“Hibernian can confirm … signed a three and a half year deal … transfer completed” to Palsson (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/PlayerProfiles/0,,10290~54103,00.html)page “joined Hibernian during the transfer window” - see :confused:

This page http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110131/player-update_2262950_2281477 is clearer in that Towell is mentioned as a loan whereas VP isn't, but that is the only black and white note from the club where which might suggest he's all ours.

Hibs are as infamous for saying nothing as they are for omitting when it suits. There are no lies, just enough for folk to read what they want to ‘hear’.

:devil:

Palsson follows in the footsteps of Matt Thornhill, Martin Scott and loan recruit Richie Towell by joining Hibernian in January, and has signed a deal until the end of season 2011/2012.

I think it's pretty clear.:agree:

MacBean
14-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Someone get emailing the club for an official statement! This needs clarifying, put all the journalists and unsettled Hibees minds to rest :agree:

BEEJ
14-02-2011, 05:34 PM

[/FONT]This page http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110131/player-update_2262950_2281477 is clearer in that Towell is mentioned as a loan whereas VP isn't, but that is the only black and white note from the club where which might suggest he's all ours.
Try this page then.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/PlayerProfileIndex/0,,10290,00.html

In the squad list on the right hand side both Duffy and Towell are listed in brackets as being on loan with their clubs also mentioned. Palsson isn't.

:na na:

Hibstrooper
14-02-2011, 05:48 PM
Slightly off topic however related to VP.

I was out for dinner at the Witchery between Christmas and new year and there was a young looking chap with what looked like an agent (either that or it was something a bit ruder). I said to the folk I was with that he looked like a footballer and his agent.

I took a mental note of what he looked like just in case and it was in fact our very own Victor Palsson.

Raises the question though if we were speaking to him in December why we waited so long to bring him in

Jack
14-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Try this page then.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/PlayerProfileIndex/0,,10290,00.html

In the squad list on the right hand side both Duffy and Towell are listed in brackets as being on loan with their clubs also mentioned. Palsson isn't.

:na na:

I'm convinced :woohoo:

essexhibee
14-02-2011, 07:47 PM
I think Victor is my new hibs hero! :thumbsup:

Speedway
14-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Confirmation in today's Scotsman:

Calderwood was at pains to point out that former Liverpool kid Victor Palsson had signed a contract as opposed to a loan deal, as had been widely reported.

'Look Nobslaps, He signed a frigmotherin contract right in front of me, comprende?'

Video capture from Sportscene here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK2tWVj6lXw

Jack
14-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Confirmation in today's Scotsman:

Calderwood was at pains to point out that former Liverpool kid Victor Palsson had signed a contract as opposed to a loan deal, as had been widely reported.

'Look Nobslaps, He signed a frigmotherin contract right in front of me, comprende?'

Video capture from Sportscene here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK2tWVj6lXw

I'M CONVINCED :woohoo::woohoo:

Craig_in_Prague
14-02-2011, 08:49 PM

GGTTH

Also Sky TV & ESPN.

So those of us watching Hibs via Hibs TV (which for me usually is a decent pic through TV and HDMI connection), Sky TV / ESPN, are not in a position to comment on Hibs or the players?
Perhaps I see more of Hibs than many on this site. We're on live on foreign channels too a lot (in pubs, not internet).

ps, Torres haven a bit of a nightmare. Or is this large HD TV playing tricks.

sorry, but there were so many folks complaining we never signed 'experience' or SPL players, both of which we already had and which had us in the mess we found ourselves in!

CC knows what he's doing, ask you contacts or mates you respect, hope they think the same.