PDA

View Full Version : Dickoh - Penalty or not?

DaveF
12-02-2011, 05:14 PM
I couldn't really see it well but tackle looked OK to me?

So, was it penalty, was the guy offside when he got the ball? Was the red card justified?

H18sry
12-02-2011, 05:17 PM
Well the ref was less than 10 yards away and never deemed it a penalty so you have to ask what the linesman saw, he may have gave it for Dickoh's reaction to the alleged dive where he lifted his hands to the Killie player.

3pm
12-02-2011, 05:17 PM
I thought it was a pen. Ours was debatable in my view.

Ken
12-02-2011, 05:18 PM
I thought it was a stonewaller from where I was (middle of the East), but how the hell the ref didn't see it, since he was only a few yards away, I'll never know.

Ref was shocking (for both sides) today!!!

hibbybrian
12-02-2011, 05:19 PM
I couldn't really see it well but tackle looked OK to me?

So, was it penalty, was the guy offside when he got the ball? Was the red card justified?

I only saw it on HibsTV however Dickoh's tackle looked ok to me :greengrin

The Killie player had previously dived in the box and got away with it and in the penalty incident, which happened within 5 yards of the ref, Dickoh was giving the guy grief for diving before the linesman got involved :rolleyes:

Craig_in_Prague
12-02-2011, 05:21 PM
Im not convinced our pen was a pen either, so maybe evens it out......although going down to 10 men was the hard part.

johnbc70
12-02-2011, 05:21 PM
Well the ref was less than 10 yards away and never deemed it a penalty so you have to ask what the linesman saw, he may have gave it for Dickoh's reaction to the alleged dive where he lifted his hands to the Killie player.

Yes the ref was closer than the linesman and never gave it, spent about 5 mins looking at the linesman who realised he was being asked to make a call. He then gave the penalty, which fair enough maybe it was. But if the ref was in a better position and never gave it then why put the pressure on the linesman who would have not seen it any better than the ref.

hibbybrian
12-02-2011, 05:23 PM
Im not convinced our pen was a pen either, so maybe evens it out......although going down to 10 men was the hard part.

looked like Deeks got an elbow to the face which is foul play, and inside the box is a penalty :aok:

hibee_girl
12-02-2011, 05:27 PM
I thought it was more of a penalty than ours :agree:

Craig_in_Prague
12-02-2011, 05:27 PM
looked like Deeks got an elbow to the face which is foul play, and inside the box is a penalty :aok:

Wasn't the best of pics on the stream today at that time.....so i guess it must have been a clear elbow coz the play itself didn't look as if it had merited a pen, so good to know it was deserved. Will need to see the killie one again on the highlights...

givescotlandfreedom
12-02-2011, 05:33 PM
Ref and both linesmen were garbage today. I didn't see a foul on the Killie boy (who as mentioned had previously taken a dive in the box) though wasn't in a good position to judge. The clearest claim was the stonewaller not given to Sodje who was pulled down blatantly whilst in possesion.

CropleyWasGod
12-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Penalty happened right in line with me, in the East. Clear penalty to me, and I burst out laughing when the ref didn't give it.

If it was a penalty, had to be a straight red anyway, but Dickoh had to walk IMO for throwing the guy over.

ozzie
12-02-2011, 05:45 PM
deeks was deffinatley a penalty, he took an arm to the throat. i was about 5 rows back in the famous five & it was deffinatley an arm to the wind pipe.

Badge
12-02-2011, 05:45 PM
I thought it was a stonewaller from where I was (middle of the East), but how the hell the ref didn't see it, since he was only a few yards away, I'll never know.

Agree with you. Looked a stonewaller for me too. Also middle of the east.

Badge
12-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Their guy did make a meal of it.I watched the linesman run to the corner flag and I watched the ref watching the linesman going to the corner flag.That's the linesman's signal for telling a ref that he thinks it's a pen....So I feared the worst.As for the red card,I think it was wrong as it could only have been for a last man thing and there were players converging from the sides.
Denying a goal scoring opportunity

CapitalHibs
12-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Watching on Hibs TV. My first reaction was....Oh ****** that's an effin penalty:grr:

Hibs Class
12-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Their guy did make a meal of it.I watched the linesman run to the corner flag and I watched the ref watching the linesman going to the corner flag.That's the linesman's signal for telling a ref that he thinks it's a pen....So I feared the worst.As for the red card,I think it was wrong as it could only have been for a last man thing and there were players converging from the sides.

Is that right? I always thought it was holding his flag across his chest?

Badge
12-02-2011, 06:16 PM
So did I

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-02-2011, 06:31 PM
i thought it was a penalty right enough but the way that it was given was bizarre. If the referee's assesor is doing his job correctly tonight when writing up the report, then he must be asking questions about this incident, irrespective of whether it resulted in the correct outcome or not.

whiskyhibby
12-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Middle top row west at front, did not think the Dickoh challenge was a penalty, Dickoh got the ball clear, then fell on his a**e after which the Kille player fell over Dickoh..........Referee was a shambles

How he misssed the two footed lunge on Murray just before it all kicked off is beyond me

:cgwa:cgwa

Badge
12-02-2011, 06:44 PM
That's to tell him time is up:agree:

What? Never seen that in my life. You at the wind up?

H18sry
12-02-2011, 06:46 PM

:agree:

So did I:agree:

That's to tell him time is up:agree: :rolleyes:

http://www.wikihow.com/Understand-Soccer-Assistant-Referee-Signals

Badge
12-02-2011, 06:48 PM

:rolleyes:

So it can be both.

Removed
12-02-2011, 06:48 PM

From my perfect view from the FF lower I thought the Killie player grabbed DR round the neck. I was shocked he never got a red card at the time.

Couldn't see the Dickoh tackle so can't comment.

Hibs Class
12-02-2011, 06:50 PM

:rolleyes:

To be fair to A Regulator I did a bit of googling too. It seems there isn't an official FIFA signal for assistants to indicate a penalty. It varies between regions and it can be either a flag across the chest or running to the corner flag. (No idea where the time's up idea came from though!)

Badge
12-02-2011, 06:53 PM
To be fair to A Regulator I did a bit of googling too. It seems there isn't an official FIFA signal for assistants to indicate a penalty. It varies between regions and it can be either a flag across the chest or running to the corner flag. (No idea where the time's up idea came from though!)
Neither have I, that's why I was asking.

H18sry
12-02-2011, 06:54 PM
I qualified to referee a few years ago and we were taught that the lines person's signal to indicate a penalty was the flag across the chest :agree:

Mac
12-02-2011, 06:54 PM
Never a penalty, its quite clear those in the West could clearly see Dickoh took the ball and player then fell doon, those in the East wouldnt see that as both players would be blocking clear view, why the linesman gave the decision he did was baffling!!!!

The officials were horrific and the referee completely lost control of the game!!!

The tackle for the scramash showed this, he booked the hibs player who won the ball yet the KILLIE player who went through him late got nowt.

greenlex
12-02-2011, 06:56 PM
You can usually tell by the reaction of the players. That reaction makes it not a penalty. The guy who makes the foul usually protests but the fact half the team were incensed its enough for me to think not a penalty.

thebakerboy
12-02-2011, 06:57 PM
From the FF Deeks was a straight arm across the face or throat a dead cert pen. As for the Killie one I thought it may have been given for Dickoh's reaction to the dive due to the time taken and the ref waving play on , thus the red card also, If its reported as violent conduct that will be the reason.

sahib
12-02-2011, 07:17 PM
I didn't think Dickoh's it was a penalty. My view was from row QQ in the West stand which is quite far away.

matty_f
12-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Never a penalty, its quite clear those in the West could clearly see Dickoh took the ball and player then fell doon, those in the East wouldnt see that as both players would be blocking clear view, why the linesman gave the decision he did was baffling!!!!

The officials were horrific and the referee completely lost control of the game!!!

The tackle for the scramash showed this, he booked the hibs player who won the ball yet the KILLIE player who went through him late got nowt.
Had a great view of Dickoh's challenge and IMHO it was a good tackle. Ref was abysmal and the west stand linesman should have been nowhere near an SPL game.

Hibs Class
12-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Had a great view of Dickoh's challenge and IMHO it was a good tackle. Ref was abysmal and the west stand linesman should have been nowhere near an SPL game.

If that's the case then presumably it's worth appealing, given it was a straight red.

EH6 Hibby
12-02-2011, 07:42 PM

From the FF Deeks was a straight arm across the face or throat a dead cert pen. As for the Killie one I thought it may have been given for Dickoh's reaction to the dive due to the time taken and the ref waving play on , thus the red card also, If its reported as violent conduct that will be the reason.

Can a penalty be awarded because of a players reaction? I understand a booking or a sending off, but surely a penalty can only be awarded if there is a foul committed. :confused:

harpo
12-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Middle top row west at front, did not think the Dickoh challenge was a penalty, Dickoh got the ball clear, then fell on his a**e after which the Kille player fell over Dickoh..........Referee was a shambles

How he misssed the two footed lunge on Murray just before it all kicked off is beyond me

:cgwa:cgwa

Exactly how I saw it and I was in the east stand to the left. Never a penalty!

StevieC
12-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Can a penalty be awarded because of a players reaction?

Yes.

H18sry
12-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Can a penalty be awarded because of a players reaction? I understand a booking or a sending off, but surely a penalty can only be awarded if there is a foul committed. :confused:

The foul is the raising of the hands no matter where the ball is the offence is where the incident occurred . :agree:

EH6 Hibby
12-02-2011, 08:09 PM
The foul is the raising of the hands no matter where the ball is the offence is where the incident occurred . :agree:

Ah ok, I was thinking along the lines of that if the Killie player dived, then play should surely have stopped immediately, but I suppose it was only Dickoh's opinion that the Killie player dived so play would still be going on. :doh:

Ghaax
12-02-2011, 08:12 PM

It may have been fairly soft but technically it was definitely a penalty.
We were sitting 6 rows up in the FF on the West side of the goal.
Deeks knocked it passed Sissoko and went to run round him. Defender got worried he wouldn't get to it in time and blocked him off. However, instead of obstructing Deeks and running the risk of an indirect free kick he raised his arm to block Deeko. Caught him across the top of the chest. Not hard, not dangerous but stupid as it forced the ref to give a direct free kick instead. :agree:

Mixu may be moaning about these key decisions going against Killie (the Sodje challange prior to his goal as well) but they were not wrong decisions. I think when he looks at them again he will be more furious at his defenders in both situations. :na na:

Cannae comment on the Killie penalty as I could hardly see the half way line from where I was sitting - never mind the Dunbar end penalty box!! :greengrin

Badge
12-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Glad I've enlightened you :greengrin

Still waiting to be enlihgtened about time up.:confused::confused::confused:

lyonhibs
12-02-2011, 08:27 PM

:agree::agree:

That;'s pretty much it. I await to see from a different angle, but that looked that a stick-on penalty from where I was sitting, and - in that position - if it's a penalty, it's got to be a red card.

Still we hung on in the end :flag:

GGTTH

IWasThere2016
12-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Thought both pens were poor decisions by the officials tbh.

BS44
12-02-2011, 08:48 PM

Even if the ball is out of play?

The Harp Awakes
12-02-2011, 10:17 PM
I'm in the West and my instant reaction was that it was a clear dive. I actually thought the Killie player was going to get booked.

Billy
12-02-2011, 10:30 PM
IMHO, It looked like Derek took an elbow to the head. There is not much reaction from the Kilmarnock players once the referee blew for the penalty.

At the other end, it looks like Francis wins the ball. If you look at the direction the ball takes, you can see he changes it. The kilmarnock fans only react when their player goes down, not many react to the initial challenge.

greenlex
12-02-2011, 10:32 PM
IMHO, It looked like Derek took an elbow to the head. There is not much reaction from the Kilmarnock players once the referee blew for the penalty.

At the other end, it looks like Francis wins the ball. If you look at the direction the ball takes, you can see he changes it. The kilmarnock fans only react when their player goes down, not many react to the initial challenge.
:agree: Player reaction tells a lot Billy

Twiglet
12-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Just see the replay on the freeview tv on the hibs website. The quality's not the best, but I would say no penalty Kilmarnock. It looks like Dickoh got the ball and was round the side of him. The camera's in the west in the middle so maybe the BBC have another angle that will clear it up.
My initial reaction was it was a dive.

No idea about our penalty. It's not on the freeview thing and highlights aren't up yet. All I saw was Deeks on the ground and the ref pointing to the spot.

Don't think it was a sending off. I wonder if Hibs will appeal the red card. If Dickoh is suspended that means we'll be without Dickoh and Murray for the match next weekend.
If the ref had doubts about it being a penalty, never mind a sending off, what do you reckon the chances are of a successful appeal?

Oh, and I thought Conroy had a shocker. Again inconsistant, as were his assistants. How Killie weren't reduced to 10 men when the Killie player kicked out at the Hibs player I don't know. I've seen players sent off for that before, why not this time? Surely the ref saw his leg(s) go up to try and take a swipe?!

If I was the fan of certain teams, I'd say the refs had it in for us or use the "c" word, but I will put it down to incompetance.

whiskyhibby
12-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Yes.

No :agree::agree:

Franck Stanton
13-02-2011, 12:09 AM

I'd far rather refs would call these incidents honestly than " evening them out ". As for todays game the only penalty that looked a stone-waller was the one at end of game ref didn't give - thankfully as it would have been against us.