PDA

View Full Version : Liam Miller

Broken Gnome
12-02-2011, 04:56 PM
Cue obvious responses of 'first time for everything' and 'he should do it more often', but when he's accused of being a wage thief and a coward so often, he should get the praise when it's merited.

Proved a point with his exploits late on. He cares :agree:

LaMotta
12-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Cue obvious responses of 'first time for everything' and 'he should do it more often', but when he's accused of being a wage thief and a coward so often, he should get the praise when it's merited.

Proved a point with his exploits late on. He cares :agree:

What did he do?

.Sean.
12-02-2011, 05:00 PM
He's gonna have to do more than show 'he cares' to get back into the side anyway. Thornhill and Palsson seem a fine combination, and Scott looks like a player.

Broken Gnome
12-02-2011, 05:04 PM
What did he do?

Showed the dig and desire that everyone's been wanting from him. Obviously other players contributed more today, but he made the last few minutes a lot easier than they could have been.

Cropley10
12-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Showed the dig and desire that everyone's been wanting from him. Obviously other players contributed more today, but he made the last few minutes a lot easier than they could have been.

:agree: completely

3pm
12-02-2011, 05:14 PM
I've never got anything good to say about Miller. However, he's been alright the last 2 games. He seems to be better as a sub unfortunately...can't afford to pay top wages to a sub.

Arch Stanton
He's gonna have to do more than show 'he cares' to get back into the side anyway. Thornhill and Palsson seem a fine combination, and Scott looks like a player.

The way we are picking up bookings we will still need him. Maybe starting on the bench is teaching him that there's more to it than just being a classy player - he managed to look quite an exciting player when he came on.

LaMotta

cool cheers:thumbsup:

Broken Gnome
12-02-2011, 05:19 PM
The way we are picking up bookings we will still need him. Maybe starting on the bench is teaching him that there's more to it than just being a classy player - he managed to look quite an exciting player when he came on.

Think you're probably right. I don't think his first thoughts on putting pen to paper for Man Utd were 'I'll be warming the bench for Hibs' in five or six years. Might be the kick up the arse he needed, and seems to be working on the basis of his last two appearances.

Greenblood70
12-02-2011, 06:03 PM
I thought Miller did well when he came on, he was always an option when we were in possession in the last 5 mins and burst a gut on a couple of occasions to make it onto long balls into the Killie half.

Bayern Bru
12-02-2011, 06:21 PM
I reckon having decent players around him ie not Rankin or McBride suits him. When he's trying to do more than one job he's often posted missing. But past two games he's done well when he's come on. Still a wee bit of a tendency to bottle some challenges though.

CapitalHibs
13-02-2011, 12:01 AM
I thought Miller did well when he came on, he was always an option when we were in possession in the last 5 mins and burst a gut on a couple of occasions to make it onto long balls into the Killie half.

:agree:

Also the wee cheeky flick off the killie boy's leg that won us a throw in our own half deep in injury time

Franck Stanton
13-02-2011, 12:04 AM

Credit where credit is due. Not so long ago however he wouldn't have run 10 yards to put in some of the challenges he did today.

Dashing Bob S
13-02-2011, 12:08 AM
I reckon having decent players around him ie not Rankin or McBride suits him. When he's trying to do more than one job he's often posted missing. But past two games he's done well when he's come on. Still a wee bit of a tendency to bottle some challenges though.

Totally agree. A very good player, but needs to be surrounded by bigger harder guys to really thrive.