PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings v Killie

GreenCastle
12-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Just in..

Stack -8 - Two great saves which kept us in the game - kicking was a little erratic but commanded the back 4 pretty well.

Towell 7 - Keeps improving and looking more comfortable. Lost the ball in 1st half which nearly cost us a goal

Hanlon 8 - Another solid performance - can't remember much he did wrong

Dickoh 7 - Seems to play better in 2nd halves than the 1st - 1st half won the ball with good tackles then gave it away cheap - needs just to learn to clear the ball. Sending off seemed harsh - would like to see it again.

Booth - 7 - Like Towell - likes to get forward - just needs to improve fitness and decision making with the ball. Good to have both full backs who show for the ball and don't hide.

Wotherspoon 7.5 - Did well again and is playing much better the last few weeks - needs to be more confident to go past players 1v1 - ran till the end

Pallson - 7 - Took the pen well - did well at CB after the sending off. Needs to take more control of centre midfield as he's a class above alot of other players. Loved it when he turned to the East and got the crowd going - great noise from the East back :agree:

Thornhill 7 - Doesn't look fit yet - which is understandable - works hard and links midfield to the forwards - something we had been missing when losing;

Murray 9 - MOM - Even though his legs have gone I thought today he looked fresh and worked tirelessly - got tighter to his player and made some good tackles - A real captains performance.

Sodje - 8 - Worked hard again for the cause and is becoming a fans favourite - the reports about him seem true - works for the team and is a little erratic. Won several balls in the air and took his goal well - 2 games 1 goal - not a bad rate :wink:

Riordan 6.5 - Needs to get fitter - never had real pace but finds it hard to go past a player. Didn't have many chances but needs to do a little more for the team - still poses a goal threat. Needs to stay onside :rolleyes: Won the penalty - but looked like he went down easily. Good to see him let Victor take the pen.

Subs..

Scott - 4 - good energy - not much time do anything significant. Will be important in the next few games with Murray out.

Miller 6 - doesn't like to tackle but showed his experience when he came on which helped.

Hart - 4 - not on long enough to fully judge. Lost one header in the air - that's all I remember.

REF and assistants - shocking as always - strange decisions both ways - both pens questionable and booking 3 Hibs players at one stage :rolleyes:

Crowd - 12th Man continues to back the team well - last 15 minutes were most exciting at ER for a while :cgwa

Good win against a Killie team who passed the ball around well - would take No 10 Tauol off them.

We still look dodgy at corners but more fight and looking more organised - was good to take the lead again - to boost confidence - another massive 3 points - next challenge...an away win !!

Broken Gnome
12-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Stack - Vital - 8

Towell - Excellent after early slack moment - 8
Hanlon - Better every week, class - 8
Dickoh - Much better - 7
Booth - Exposed a few times, not as great an influence as previous weeks - 6

Wotherspoon - Stuck in through a ropey second half spell, bit of the quiet side overall - 6
Murray - Got better as the game went on and helped us home - 7
Palsson - Strolled it - 7
Thornhill - Bit disappointing so far, industry has been more commendable than performance - 6

Riordan - Anonymous, as petty as it sounds he was even lucky to win the penalty - 5
Sodje - Way beyond what most of us expected - 8

hibee_girl
12-02-2011, 06:23 PM
Stack 8 - two great saves

Towell 7 - Played well
Hanlon 8 - another solid game from him
Dickoh 7 - sending off seemed harsh but do think it was a penalty
Booth 7 - good game

Wotherspoon 7 - got stuck in
Thornhill 7 - impressed with him
Palsson 8 - great game, looked solid when he moved back after the sending off too
Murray 7 - solid game from him

Riordan 5 - posted missing, lucky to win the penalty imo
Sodje 8 - took his goal well

jackhfc
12-02-2011, 06:27 PM
Glad I got Sodje on the back of my kit for a tenner, well worth it:thumbsup:

hibbybrian
12-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Glad I got Sodje on the back of my kit for a tenner, well worth it:thumbsup:

Sodje far so good :greengrin

GreenCastle
12-02-2011, 06:31 PM
Forget to mention Sodje dance celebration...:greengrin

7 / 10

3pm
12-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Murray worth a 7. The rest were below that in my view.

Albion Hibs
12-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Stack 8 - Some key saves, including the one at the death

Towell 7 - Good going forward some slack passing but showed good pace on the break in the first half
Hanlon 8 - Excellent from first minute until the last
Dickoh 7 - Did not look like a penatly, I guess the reply will tell
Booth 7 - Played well

Wotherspoon 7 - Floated in and out a bit but overall another very good game
Thornhill 6 - Thought his passing and positioning at times was not the best, looks like a good player in him though.
Palsson 7 - Good game, looked decent at CH which may be just as well as he is likely to go in there if Dickoh red card stands
Murray 8 - MOM for me

Riordan 6 - Did not have a lot to work with
Sodje 8 - took his goal well, won plenty in the air, well done

Decent atmosphere, great result, a bunch of hopeless officials - not questioning there integraty just there ability to tell black from white.

Crab apple
12-02-2011, 07:17 PM
The defence seem to be more assured with Stack. He made some ggod stops today but what I liked most was his time wasting when we were down to 10. Very calm and took the pressure off when it mattered. Even the most simplest of catches and he took the ball down to the ground with him. Special mention to CC also for his judicious use of subs today.

Arch Stanton
12-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Stack - Vital - 8

Towell - Excellent after early slack moment - 8
Hanlon - Better every week, class - 8
Dickoh - Much better - 7
Booth - Exposed a few times, not as great an influence as previous weeks - 6

Wotherspoon - Stuck in through a ropey second half spell, bit of the quiet side overall - 6
Murray - Got better as the game went on and helped us home - 7
Palsson - Strolled it - 7
Thornhill - Bit disappointing so far, industry has been more commendable than performance - 6

Riordan - Anonymous, as petty as it sounds he was even lucky to win the penalty - 5
Sodje - Way beyond what most of us expected - 8

Pretty much as I saw it - except I expected Sodje to perform :greengrin

I don't know if Murray was pacing himself but it looked to me like he was knackered after 20 mins - but then came on to a great game in the second half.

And Riordan looked awful for the most part - any time he tried to beat a man he would be destroyed for pace, either that or he would trip over the ball. And for the penalty he was lucky to get punched as he was taking the ball away from the danger area.

Bayern Bru
12-02-2011, 07:18 PM

Really? Were you there?
Murray was good, but Palsson bossed the midfield for a start and deserves an 8 I'd say. Can't work out whether you're trying to be controversial or just a harsh marker :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
12-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Really? Were you there?
Murray was good, but Palsson bossed the midfield for a start and deserves an 8 I'd say. Can't work out whether you're trying to be controversial or just a harsh marker :greengrin

Opinions, eh?

I thought Murray was MOM, too.

And, yes I was.:rolleyes:

crash
12-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Really? Were you there?

Not wishing to put a downer on it but nobody deserved an 8 for todays performance.

Hibs Class
12-02-2011, 07:28 PM

Really? Were you there?

I think the first comment is fair. Whether it's a 7 or 8 is academic, but given Kilmarnock are the 4th best team in the country now I thought they were pretty poor. We outfought them and got a bit of luck. Palsson was MOTM for me.

Andy74
12-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Anyone who was at the game and didn't have Murray as MOM has an opinion that's irrelevant :agree: :greengrin

That's me then. Miles off the pace. He's done.

3pm
12-02-2011, 07:50 PM
That's me then. Miles off the pace. He's done.

He wasn't today.

3pm
12-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Really? Were you there?

Yes, I was there and I am not trying to be controversial.

Palsson never bossed the midfield at all. He was particularly poor in the 1st half in my view. Better in the 2nd half but nowhere near as effective as the St Mirren game. Decent at CH to be fair....and great pen.

whiskyhibby
12-02-2011, 07:57 PM
Really? Were you there?

Palsson was my MOM , he has class written all over him.....................:agree::agree:

IIMHO he could easily be playing for one of the lower EPL sides

Beefster
12-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Stack - 8 - no complaints.

Towell - 6 - Fine. Wasn't helped by Murray drifting into the centre constantly.

Hanlon - 6 - A few shaky moments in the first half.

Dickoh - 6 - A few shaky moments in the first half. Was unlucky with the pen, I thought.

Booth - 7 - Looks like a player.

Wotherspoon - 6 - Played well in spells but needs to learn that you can't piss about in possession.

Thornhill - 7 - Looked good but was knackered after 50 minutes. To be expected I suppose.

Palsson - 9 - I love him already. You can tell he's absolute class.

Murray - 6 - I'm obviously watching a different Murray from most other folk. The one I see has plenty of determination and stamina but no pace and an occasionally poor touch.

Riordan - 5 - Got the penalty and looked livelier than he has done but needs to start assuming that Sodje is going to win a header and making a run based on that. Riordan and Murray would give each other a good go for pace.

Sodje - 8 - The big man did great. Harried, put himself about, scored and generally made a nuisance of himself. If he can add a bit of composure and arrogance to his game, he'll do okay for us.

Bayern Bru
12-02-2011, 08:12 PM
Anyone who was at the game and didn't have Murray as MOM has an opinion that's irrelevant :agree: :greengrin

Never said I didn't. Just felt Palsson played better than a lot of others think. Mind you, after Rankin and de Graaf, not difficult... :greengrin

Not wishing to put a downer on it but nobody deserved an 8 for todays performance.
In retrospect, you're probably right. Although the team spirit was heartening to see.

Opinions, eh?

I thought Murray was MOM, too.

And, yes I was.:rolleyes:
As before, never said I didn't think Murray was MOM :wink: Should also point out the 'were you there' comment was tongue-in-cheek as it seems to be what every person with a differing opinion is asked on here! :agree:

Palsson never bossed the midfield at all. He was particularly poor in the 1st half in my view. Better in the 2nd half but nowhere near as effective as the St Mirren game. Decent at CH to be fair....and great pen.

As before, I think after de Graaf and Rankin, he looks positively brilliant. :greengrin

Overall though guys, Murray probably edges the MOM for me, but I felt Palsson was our next best player. Fair point?

fishybeaver
12-02-2011, 08:17 PM

Stack deffo worth 7 min, gained us two points at the end.

3pm
12-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Stack deffo worth 7 min, gained us two points at the end.

Agreed! My mistake!

Andy74
Stack - 8 - no complaints.

Towell - 6 - Fine. Wasn't helped by Murray drifting into the centre constantly.

Hanlon - 6 - A few shaky moments in the first half.

Dickoh - 6 - A few shaky moments in the first half. Was unlucky with the pen, I thought.

Booth - 7 - Looks like a player.

Wotherspoon - 6 - Played well in spells but needs to learn that you can't piss about in possession.

Thornhill - 7 - Looked good but was knackered after 50 minutes. To be expected I suppose.

Palsson - 9 - I love him already. You can tell he's absolute class.

Murray - 6 - I'm obviously watching a different Murray from most other folk. The one I see has plenty of determination and stamina but no pace and an occasionally poor touch.

Riordan - 5 - Got the penalty and looked livelier than he has done but needs to start assuming that Sodje is going to win a header and making a run based on that. Riordan and Murray would give each other a good go for pace.

Sodje - 8 - The big man did great. Harried, put himself about, scored and generally made a nuisance of himself. If he can add a bit of composure and arrogance to his game, he'll do okay for us.
You are watching the same Murray as me!

Arch Stanton

Killie were a far superior team to St Mirren - you don't think that makes a difference?

Killie were better than us today mainly down to their link-up play and understanding (something which we may aspire to over the coming weeks but something we havent had for a number of years).

However, by graft and determination we stayed with Killie and ran out winners. Personally I wouldn't single out Palsson as being instrumental in this but he certainly was a significant contributor.

fife hfc
12-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Kilmarnock look a decent side and attack at pace and caused us problems. But we stuck in there and fought hard for the win and played well in patches.

Stack.......8 excellent. organises the defence and had two great saves.

Towell......7 stuck in well and contributed to the win
Booth......6 The lad is composed and loves to get forward and stood up well to fast breaks.
Hanlon.....6 Got better as game went on and helped keep Killie at bay
Dickoh....6 Even if it was a penalty a yellow card would have been fair. Was getting better at that point.

Palsson.....7 I love his passion and fight and very composed with penalty.
Thornhill....6 Looks like he is still getting his fitness but you can see that he will improve the side.
Murray.....9 outstanding. I have been critical of him but he was brilliant today
Wotherspoon.....6 Ran himself into the ground. Not his usual self in driving forward with ball but still fought for the cause.

Riordan.......6 quiet game but he did work to close down the killie players.
Sodjie........7 very composed for goal and worked the Killie defenders hard.

SUBS Scott.....5 certainly not scared to put boot in and will pick up a few cards
hart....3 helped close out the game after Dickohs sending off
miller......5 still powder puff in the tackle but chased hard to ensure Killie did not equalise.

3pm
12-02-2011, 08:22 PM
As before, I think after de Graaf and Rankin, he looks positively brilliant. :greengrin

Overall though guys, Murray probably edges the MOM for me, but I felt Palsson was our next best player. Fair point?

Aye, OK! :o)

Delighted we have him but didn't think we were that good but we dug in! I'll take the 3 points!

3pm
12-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Killie were a far superior team to St Mirren - you don't think that makes a difference?

Killie were better than us today mainly down to their link-up play and understanding (something which we may aspire to over the coming weeks but something we havent had for a number of years).

However, by graft and determination we stayed with Killie and ran out winners. Personally I wouldn't single out Palsson as being instrumental in this but he certainly was a significant contributor.

Think that's fair mate. Not trying to run VP down, I just think we go a bit OTT at times!

IWasThere2016
12-02-2011, 09:00 PM
He wasn't today.

Andy's never rated IM - was evident in his first spell also.

Arch Stanton
12-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Think that's fair mate. Not trying to run VP down, I just think we go a bit OTT at times!

I know what you mean about OTT but holding on with 10 men against an in-form Killie side did feel like one of our famous victories at the end, especially in the context of the depths we've been plummeting over the past while.

IWasThere2016
12-02-2011, 09:04 PM
Thought Stack, Towell, Hanlon, Booth, IM, Palsson (MOTM for me) and Sodje were our best. No failures though.

CC got it right and the 12th man was class! :thumbsup:

truehibernian
12-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Gritty performance today where the second half battles won us the points. Kilmarnock will be gutted at not taking a point, and rightly so IMHO, however how refreshing is it to see a Hibernian team who have players all over the park prepared to dig in, tackle, compete and do the easy thing rather than play themselves into trouble.

I have been a harsh critic of him but for me Stack takes the match ball today. Crucial save first half, handling good, knew when to slow the pace down, and a match winning save in injury time. Palsson was very very good throughout, and Booth just looks like he has been there for years. Terrific first touch the lad has.

Thornhill still looks like he is getting used to the pace of the game, Sodje battled and won headers and took his goal well. Towell is a cracking wee player but I felt the booking took the edge off his game a little second half.

Both penalties were very soft and debatable. Referee horribly inconsistent and linesman on West Stand side atrocious. What did he keep on speaking into Booth's ear for each and every time he took a throw in ? Didn't see him doing that to any Killie player.......bizarre !

In summer if we can get some pace up top, a commanding centre half, and some creativity on the wide area, we will be a very difficult team to beat. Very impressed with his signings, especially Vic Palsson. He is going to be a top top player.

Great win, exactly the type of win we needed too after St Mirren, and we go into the next game with growing confidence and a team that looks for once like a team rather than individuals. Fans were terrific today too.......10 out of 10 to you all :agree:

Woody70x2
12-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Stack 8 - two great saves

Towell 7 - Played well
Hanlon 8 - another solid game from him
Dickoh 7 - sending off seemed harsh but do think it was a penalty
Booth 7 - good game

Wotherspoon 7 - got stuck in
Thornhill 7 - impressed with him
Palsson 8 - great game, looked solid when he moved back after the sending off too
Murray 7 - solid game from him

Riordan 5 - posted missing, lucky to win the penalty imoSodje 8 - took his goal well

How dare you? You will have a lynch mob after you! The only goal threat in the team. 8, simple as! :wink:

Few folk in the East bickering about Riordan's contribution today... some moaning, some believing he deserves to be on the park regardless and defending his contribution...

ekhibee
12-02-2011, 09:52 PM
I disagree with the people who thought Murray was MOM, although he played better than he has done for a long time. IMO Sodje thoroughly deserved Man of the Match. He worked hard the entire time he was on the field, even if it meant chasing lost causes. To me he was just the kind of player that we need right now, and has the kind of spirit so obviously lacking in the rest of the team in the last few months. But to be honest, today I wouldn't give any of the team low marks, they all worked really hard for the cause.

Andy74
12-02-2011, 09:56 PM
Andy's never rated IM - was evident in his first spell also.

True overall. Likes a tackle but really limited. No pace but done well for himself with his commitment.

First spell I always think mcleish ruined a good hibs team by putting laursen central and Murray at left wing back.

I do like him as a character but as a player I think he's out of place in a far stronger midfield now.

IWasThere2016
12-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Andy - I think Ian will struggle to play often next season. His fitness does (sadly) appear to be an issue. We could do with XI with his heart though.

I thought he was excellent today.

He is an asset IMO - he is very versatile also.

blackpoolhibs
12-02-2011, 10:12 PM
stack 8.5 best keeper we have organizes so well.
towell 7.5 big improvement.
booth 7 superstar in the making.
dickoh 8 superb.
wotherspoon 7.5 worked his bollox off.
hanlon 8 superb.
thonhill 7 maybe still lacking fitness.
palson 9 quality player.
murray 8 average 1st half, seemed to loose 10 years in the 2nd.
riordan 6 poor for me, did nothing most of the game but did win the pen.
sojke 7.5 scored his only chance, great finish.

I thought we were lucky to win today, but there's fight in that team now. :top marks

lucky
13-02-2011, 12:25 AM
Stack 7 good save at the end and ran down the clock well

Towell 6 decent player did ok but some loose passes
Dickho 6 played his part today. I thought he unlucky to be sent off
Hanlon 6 Did ok but often gets dragged out of position
Booth 6 very good player in the making,

Palsson 7 has a wee bit of class
Murray 6 tries hard but now the weak link in the midfield
Thornhill 6 drifted in out the game
Spoony 6 worked hard but sometimes his final ball is poor

Deeks 5 just not his day but won the softest penalty for us
Sodje 7 not blessed with great skill but worked very hard

Over all Hibs battled well against a decent Killie side who knocked the ball about well.

HibbyRod
13-02-2011, 12:37 AM
Gritty performance today where the second half battles won us the points. Kilmarnock will be gutted at not taking a point, and rightly so IMHO, however how refreshing is it to see a Hibernian team who have players all over the park prepared to dig in, tackle, compete and do the easy thing rather than play themselves into trouble.

I have been a harsh critic of him but for me Stack takes the match ball today. Crucial save first half, handling good, knew when to slow the pace down, and a match winning save in injury time. Palsson was very very good throughout, and Booth just looks like he has been there for years. Terrific first touch the lad has.

Thornhill still looks like he is getting used to the pace of the game, Sodje battled and won headers and took his goal well. Towell is a cracking wee player but I felt the booking took the edge off his game a little second half.

Both penalties were very soft and debatable. Referee horribly inconsistent and linesman on West Stand side atrocious. What did he keep on speaking into Booth's ear for each and every time he took a throw in ? Didn't see him doing that to any Killie player.......bizarre !

In summer if we can get some pace up top, a commanding centre half, and some creativity on the wide area, we will be a very difficult team to beat. Very impressed with his signings, especially Vic Palsson. He is going to be a top top player.

Great win, exactly the type of win we needed too after St Mirren, and we go into the next game with growing confidence and a team that looks for once like a team rather than individuals. Fans were terrific today too.......10 out of 10 to you all :agree:

Without reading any further ..... I agree with all you have written!!! :thumbsup:

machibby
13-02-2011, 12:49 AM
Liked what I saw of Thornhill today, although agree match fitness still to come. Thought he did well though, pressing the play when out of possession and a few great passes in particular one down to Booth in the east corner. As the fitness improves I reckon he'll get us a few goals.
That apart left the game still wondering where Wotherspoons best position is, anyone care to enlighten me

MountcastleHibs
13-02-2011, 05:00 AM
Stack - 7. Played well and made a key save at the end, but he seems to be stuck to his line every time a cross comes in.

Towell - 7. Confident and provides the movement we've missed from full backs of late.
Dickoh - 6. Looks nervous and makes too many wee errors. His excellent tackle followed by pass to Killie players epitomises this.
Hanlon - 9. My man of the match. Looks a lot older than his age, marshalls the defence well and looks a great prospect for us.
Booth - 7. Left exposed by Murray at times, but like Towell offers th wing back support we've missed.

Palsson - 7. Poor first half, good second half and a well taken penalty.
Thornhill - 7. When he gets up to speed with the Scottish game he'll be a good player for us. Few nice touches and passes.
Wotherspoon - 6. Wasn't involved too much and dithered on the ball too often.
Murray - 7. A great leader, and had a few good tackles and used nice skill on a couple of occasions to beat his man.

Sodje - 8. The target man we've been crying out for. Actually jumps to win headers, holds the ball up well, and even gets stuck in defensively. Well taken goal too.
Riordan - 4. Contributed nothing( bar a lucky penalty decision), too lazy, doesn't look fit or interested to be honest. But because he's 'one of our own' it seems he's exempt from criticism.

Subs: Scott - 5. Has grit and determination and looks like he'll fight for the cause.
Miller - 5. Has the heart of a scarecrow and shyed out of 50/50s a couple of times.
Hart - 4. Looks slow and awkward and I think he'll be on his way in the summer.

BT58
13-02-2011, 10:54 AM
Was not at game yesterday
However, we have to remember that yes Kilmarnock
are a good team, but they have had a preseason& all the games together
to merge,
this team( hibs) the majority have been brought in together in January
they've only played together for 2/3 games
A 2-1 win for us,keeps us going in the right direction
What I would like to ask is
How many players will CC need in the summer to get us near third place???
At least we now have a team who are gonna fight for the shirt:thumbsup::thumbsup:

greenlex
13-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Was not at game yesterday
However, we have to remember that yes Kilmarnock
are a good team, but they have had a preseason& all the games together
to merge,
this team( hibs) the majority have been brought in together in January
they've only played together for 2/3 games
A 2-1 win for us,keeps us going in the right direction
What I would like to ask is
How many players will CC need in the summer to get us near third place???
At least we now have a team who are gonna fight for the shirt:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Another 8 players will be enough. Another three strikers two more for midfield three defenders would do it. a few laddies in there too and jobs a good un. :thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
13-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Another 8 players will be enough. Another three strikers two more for midfield three defenders would do it. a few laddies in there too and jobs a good un. :thumbsup:

:agree: Think we will see exactly this also.

Cropley10
13-02-2011, 06:11 PM

:agree: - great post.

I've read and heard a few comments from CC about 'finding a team spirit'... anyone who'd played or been involved with team sport will know what he means. I thought we showed the start of that yesterday - Murray leading from the front, and Miller busting a gut, literally, at the end, everyone in between doing their bit.

Contrast this thread with the other keep/release thread too! :greengrin

PerthHibee
13-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Stack - 8 Calm, collected, great saves and looks the sort of mad keeper we need, definite improvement on Smith.

Towell - 7 Defensively solid, dealt well when faced with two attackers, won headers he had no right to and runs up the pitch always resulted in something positive. Best attacking rightback since Whittaker. Good throw-ins and set-pieces too.

Hanlon - 7 Class, looks several years over his age and future captain material. Needs to beef up though

Dickoh - 7 Unlucky for penalty. Solid

Booth - 7 Doesn't look out of depth at this level. Good pace, links well and again good set-pieces.

Palsson - 7 Class, never panicked or hurried. Dictates pace of game. Different game from him than we saw against St Mirren (less big tackles but more maturity) Great find by Calderwood

Wotherspoon - 6 Best option we have as a right-sided shuttler but needs to use the ball better (look for towell on the outside or find sodje early) and not get pulled to central in defence

Thornhill - 6 Made some good interceptions and didn't give Hamill time on the ball. Still looked unfit and perhaps Miller would be better in this position as while the midfield looks much stronger now there seems to be a lack of creativity

Murray - 8 Paced himself from start to finish. Looks more mature but lack of pace means his bursts into the box when Riordan comes to his wing aren't as effective as they once were.

Sodje - 8 Epitomises the benefits of Calderwood's approach. Fights for everything, never gives up and has just a touch of class

Riordan - 5 On yesterday's performance he was out of place in this squad. A pacier striker willing to get in behind the defence (Duffy/Byrne, or even Nish) would be a far better utilisation of our current team. Looks out of place and form.

Subs
Scott - 4 Energetic and inventive. Long-term replacement for IM
Hart - Slow. Too late for an impact
Miller - Needs to learn to tackle but could offer another dimension as currently we look as if the direct approach is the only one we have.

CC - Finally with the January acquisitions he's been able to apply his blue-print to the team and thankfully he was given the time he needed

The Fans - Great atmosphere again, best I can remember for a long while in the last couple of weeks.

Brads Laing
13-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Stack - 8 - Made key saves, kicking needs to be more accurate
Towell - 6 - Looks quite shaky, could be a weak link
Dickoh - 7 - Not his biggest fan but did well, harsh sending off
Hanlon - 6 - Looked quite shaky unlike other games where he has been commanding
Booth - 7 - Solid and steady, looks very good prospect
Wotherspoon - 7 - Worked hard and looked better
Palsson - 7 - Took responsibility in second half, looks classy although he was better against st.mirren
Thornhill - Looks ok, needs match fitness
Murray - 9 - Set pace of the game in second half, back to his best
Riordan - 6 - Needs to work harder, couple of nice touches
Sodje - 8 - Worked hard, won a lot, took goal well

greenlex
13-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Stack - 8 Calm, collected, great saves and looks the sort of mad keeper we need, definite improvement on Smith.

Towell - 7 Defensively solid, dealt well when faced with two attackers, won headers he had no right to and runs up the pitch always resulted in something positive. Best attacking rightback since Whittaker. Good throw-ins and set-pieces too.

Hanlon - 7 Class, looks several years over his age and future captain material. Needs to beef up though

Dickoh - 7 Unlucky for penalty. Solid

Booth - 7 Doesn't look out of depth at this level. Good pace, links well and again good set-pieces.

Palsson - 7 Class, never panicked or hurried. Dictates pace of game. Different game from him than we saw against St Mirren (less big tackles but more maturity) Great find by Calderwood

Wotherspoon - 6 Best option we have as a right-sided shuttler but needs to use the ball better (look for towell on the outside or find sodje early) and not get pulled to central in defence

Thornhill - 6 Made some good interceptions and didn't give Hamill time on the ball. Still looked unfit and perhaps Miller would be better in this position as while the midfield looks much stronger now there seems to be a lack of creativity

Murray - 8 Paced himself from start to finish. Looks more mature but lack of pace means his bursts into the box when Riordan comes to his wing aren't as effective as they once were.

Sodje - 8 Epitomises the benefits of Calderwood's approach. Fights for everything, never gives up and has just a touch of class

Riordan - 5 On yesterday's performance he was out of place in this squad. A pacier striker willing to get in behind the defence (Duffy/Byrne, or even Nish) would be a far better utilisation of our current team. Looks out of place and form.

Subs
Scott - 4 Energetic and inventive. Long-term replacement for IM
Hart - Slow. Too late for an impact
Miller - Needs to learn to tackle but could offer another dimension as currently we look as if the direct approach is the only one we have.

CC - Finally with the January acquisitions he's been able to apply his blue-print to the team and thankfully he was given the time he needed

The Fans - Great atmosphere again, best I can remember for a long while in the last couple of weeks.
Thornhill played an exquisite outside of the right foot first time pass in the second half and if Deeks(might be doing him a dis service here as it may have been someone else) had been on his toes would have been straight through on goal

PerthHibee
13-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Thornhill played an exquisite outside of the right foot first time pass in the second half and if Deeks(might be doing him a dis service here as it may have been someone else) had been on his toes would have been straight through on goal

In retrospect could be being a bit harsh here and should wait till his fitness is at a higher level before making any judgements.

crash
13-02-2011, 08:40 PM
In retrospect could be being a bit harsh here and should wait till his fitness is at a higher level before making any judgements.

Thornhill was a big disappointment for me. I counted six consecutive passes to the opposition. Didn't look like a player, instead looked lost most of the time.

blackpoolhibs
13-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Stack - 8 - Made key saves, kicking needs to be more accurate
Towell - 6 - Looks quite shaky, could be a weak link
Dickoh - 7 - Not his biggest fan but did well, harsh sending off
Hanlon - 6 - Looked quite shaky unlike other games where he has been commanding
Booth - 7 - Solid and steady, looks very good prospect
Wotherspoon - 7 - Worked hard and looked better
Palsson - 7 - Took responsibility in second half, looks classy although he was better against st.mirren
Thornhill - Looks ok, needs match fitness
Murray - 9 - Set pace of the game in second half, back to his best
Riordan - 6 - Needs to work harder, couple of nice touches
Sodje - 8 - Worked hard, won a lot, took goal well

I was at a different game i think?

KWJ
14-02-2011, 12:13 AM

It was Deeks and he knew it. Gave Thornhill and apologetic thumbs up.

I had to leave for work just as we scored our pen so for me it's 70 min marks and we won 2-0.

Stack - 8 - Solid, with decent kicking.

Towell - 6 - Bombs forward always offering an option, great to see.
Dickoh - 6 - Very, very raw.
Hanlon - 7 - Composed, learning every game.
Booth - 6 - See Towell.

Murray - 7 - Committed, involved in everything.
Thornhill - 7 - I like him, along with Sodje I think he shows what Calderwood wants to bring and so long as there's some flair in there I like it.
Palsson - 7 - Seems to have that extra second on other player because of his touch, shows passion. Still a little raw too, going to be a top player.
Wotherspoon - 6 - Set up Sodje. I like DW and he's an exciting young player but this tough year has brought some bad elements to his game.

Riordan - 4 - Got very lucky to win penalty when he ****ed up a chance, didn't show the commitment he did against St. Mirren. He's not used to playing off a player that wins headers and it'll take a bit of getting used to but his positioning and movement was very poor, Sodje must have been so frustrated winning headers to nobody.

Sodje - 9 - I love him. Never seen a Hibs player win so many headers. If that dipping belter had of gone in :not worth