PDA

View Full Version : Mixu bustup

KiddA
12-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Why did Mixup not get sent to the stand? he managed to get three Hibs players booked for squaring up to Scott :fuming:

Great win though and Hibs had the last laugh :flag:

David_D
12-02-2011, 05:17 PM
The only reason I can see why he wasn't sent to the stand is because he lost the plot and was booking people just to try make himself look in control. Overall I thought he was pretty poor.

KiddA
12-02-2011, 05:19 PM
The only reason I can see why he wasn't sent to the stand is because he lost the plot and was booking people just to try make himself look in control. Overall I thought he was pretty poor.

Yeah you are right, I thought the ref was shocking today :agree:

hibee_girl
12-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Probably because the ref didn't have a scooby what actually went on.

Craig_in_Prague
12-02-2011, 05:22 PM
As a home side, we get asboslutely **** all !!!

But 2 wins in a row is great, considering the pressure we've been under and bellend ref's and linesman don't help.

Killie players are a bunch of cants. Enjoy your trip hame, losers :bye:

KiddA
12-02-2011, 05:26 PM

But 2 wins in a row is great, considering the pressure we've been under and bellend ref's and linesman don't help.

:agree::thumbsup:

--------
12-02-2011, 05:36 PM

It was Conroy, wasn't it? Did he not ref the St Mirren game as well?

Maybe this is the refs' revenge for the way the SFA upheld DA's appeals this week?

GreenCastle
12-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Mixu is a Hibs legend for the 3 goals against the yams.

It didn't work for him as manager at Hibs.

He has done well with Killie and they play some really good stuff - moving the ball around - today passing very close to goal was a little mad but they got away with it.

He's a passionate manager and maybe should have been sent to the stand - but was more surprised 3 Hibs players got booked and only 1 Killie player ? :confused:

Arch Stanton
12-02-2011, 06:09 PM

He has done well with Killie and they play some really good stuff - moving the ball around - today passing very close to goal was a little mad but they got away with it.

He's a passionate manager and maybe should have been sent to the stand - but was more surprised 3 Hibs players got booked and only 1 Killie player ? :confused:

I was sure I saw 2 Killie players booked but the report only shows Hamill - certainly should have been more than 1 as there was plenty shoving going on.

DaveF
12-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Hibs legend or not, Mixu was bang out of order at that incident. The players were not bothered about the tackle, the ref gave the free kick and if he hadn't got his knickers in a twist then nothing would have happened.

Hibs were outpassed today but not outfought. Mixu, enjoy your sour grapes.

GreenCastle
12-02-2011, 06:11 PM
I was sure I saw 2 Killie players booked but the report only shows Hamill - certainly should have been more than 1 as there was plenty shoving going on.

Maybe it was 2.

From my angle looked a bad challenge on Scott and he went over the top of the Killie player to protect himself /avoid it.

Saw players grabbing Murray by the throat and all sorts :tin hat:

Crab apple
12-02-2011, 06:11 PM

Quickest spate of bookings I've seen in a while. I thought the ref was over fussy first half and got worse second half. Overall all the offcials were poor today.

Phil D. Rolls
12-02-2011, 06:12 PM
Can we please be clear that this is not the Mixu Paataleinen who was put forward on this forum as the man to save Hibs? Any resemblance between the psychotic monster who probably had to be chemically restrained in the tunnel today, and the footballing genius who would have take us to the Champions League final is solely restricted to the name.

The real Mixu Paataleinen is manager of Kilmarock and, er....

DaveF
12-02-2011, 06:12 PM

Defo two Killie players booked. Might have been Pascali, but he ran over to the penalty box furtherest away from me so couldn't really make him out.

GreenCastle
12-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Hibs legend or not, Mixu was bang out of order at that incident. The players were not bothered about the tackle, the ref gave the free kick and if he hadn't got his knickers in a twist then nothing would have happened.

Hibs were outpassed today but not outfought. Mixu, enjoy your sour grapes.

:agree:

3 points was vital - so I am not bothered.

The officials were poor today - didn't feel like 4 mins for injury time so not fully complaining :greengrin

ancient hibee
12-02-2011, 06:26 PM
Kilmarnock are difficult to play against because they seldom give the ball away.We did well.Think the ref was being told who to book by the 4th official over his ear piece.If Dickoh was sent off for raising his hands then 3 Killie players should have walked.Glad to see we no longer take a backward step.

CropleyWasGod
12-02-2011, 06:36 PM
Defo two Killie players booked. Might have been Pascali, but he ran over to the penalty box furtherest away from me so couldn't really make him out.

Definitely Pascali. Was in front of the East.

givescotlandfreedom
12-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Ref got conned twice today - first in the first half where Towell made a bad challenge and referee wasn't booking him until the wee cheat Taouil started the theatrics. He's a horrible wee nyaff asnd reminded me of Fergusons and Lennons with his constant moaning and cheating.
Then at the end Mixu started going psycho and managed to get half the Hibs team booked - shame he wasn't that full of savvy when he was Hibs boss.

Badge
12-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Kilmarnock are difficult to play against because they seldom give the ball away.We did well.Think the ref was being told who to book by the 4th official over his ear piece.If Dickoh was sent off for raising his hands then 3 Killie players should have walked.Glad to see we no longer take a backward step.
I thought he pulled the guy down and was sent off for denying a goal scoring opportunity. Never saw him lift his hands.

CropleyWasGod
12-02-2011, 06:44 PM
I thought he pulled the guy down and was sent off for denying a goal scoring opportunity. Never saw him lift his hands.

Grabbed him and almost threw him over.

Dinkydoo
12-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Ref got conned twice today - first in the first half where Towell made a bad challenge and referee wasn't booking him until the wee cheat Taouil started the theatrics. He's a horrible wee nyaff asnd reminded me of Fergusons and Lennons with his constant moaning and cheating.
Then at the end Mixu started going psycho and managed to get half the Hibs team booked - shame he wasn't that full of savvy when he was Hibs boss.

If Towell made a bad challenge then perhaps the ref thought it was worthy of a booking irrespective of Taouil's antics. :confused:

IIRC Mixu acted like a major tit on sidelines in his first 5 - 6 games for us resulting in him getting a ban and being all over the papers for weeks.

ozzie
12-02-2011, 06:54 PM
If Towell made a bad challenge then perhaps the ref thought it was worthy of a booking irrespective of Taouil's antics. :confused:

IIRC Mixu acted like a major tit on sidelines in his first 5 - 6 games for us resulting in him getting a ban and being all over the papers for weeks.

the ref wasn't going to book towel until he twice went over to give taouil a hand up. pretty petty imho.

WindyMiller
12-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Even that prick Preston said it should have been a foul for Hibs!

Hibs Class
12-02-2011, 07:11 PM

There was a bit of afters but the above is what the red card was for. Ref gave a corner until he spoke with the assistant and it was on assistant's say so that pen and red card was given.

Bayern Bru
12-02-2011, 07:16 PM
It was Conroy, wasn't it? Did he not ref the St Mirren game as well?

Maybe this is the refs' revenge for the way the SFA upheld DA's appeals this week?

Tumilty was the ref vs St Mirren. However it is easy to understand you thinking the way you did as both refs were garbage...

givescotlandfreedom
12-02-2011, 07:17 PM

As quoted by another poster it was Taouil's reaction that got the card out.
I think Mixu got a name for himself for refusing to back down to Walter Smith for a shocking challenge on I think Gatheussi at Ibrox in the cup replay. The media didn't like that.

greenlex
12-02-2011, 08:05 PM
Disagree with the Towell incident. A dserved booking. The ref went to see if Taouill was ok before booking Towell which was the correct thing to do. Imagine if he had stopped to book Towell with the player lying seriously injured. Taouill made a meal of it but the booking was spot on.
The other incident was nonsense.

ronaldo7
12-02-2011, 09:22 PM

:agree:The hibs boys are back.

NYHibby
12-02-2011, 09:27 PM
I realised today that this was the first game I've seen Mixu manage. I missed his whole time with us as I moved back to America days before John Collins resigned and then moved back here a couple games into the Yogi era.

The Harp Awakes
12-02-2011, 11:12 PM
The incident was quite close to me in the West Stand. Looked a good clean tackle from Scott to me. Mixu lost the plot and caused all the bother.

Jonnyboy
12-02-2011, 11:15 PM

It was him Dave, the same Pascali that ran 70 yards to confront the linesman following Dickoh's challenge. Clearly trying to influence the officials. I hate that Killie yob with a passion. **** of the earth

Ed De Gramo
12-02-2011, 11:18 PM
Anyone else see Mixu waving to the fans when we were singing 'Mixu, Whats The Score?'.......:greengrin

StevieC
12-02-2011, 11:36 PM
the same Pascali that ran 70 yards to confront the linesman following Dickoh's challenge

Whilst waving his hand in a "booking" motion!

I always thought that in itself was a booking??

:confused:

CallumLaidlaw
12-02-2011, 11:38 PM
Whilst waving his hand in a "booking" motion!

I always thought that in itself was a booking??

:confused:

That would be logical. When was there a referee in Scotland that was logical?

Bad Martini
13-02-2011, 12:00 AM
Mixu behaved like a dick. He should have been sent to the stand. Ref was ****ing awful and he should have sorted Mixu anaw!

Hibs legend/nice guy/whatever or not.....he's against us now and he can **** off getting us aggro. There's naebody bigger than Hibs and that includes Mixu and his frickin diamond formation and huffs.

Was delighted to hear that whistle to gie it a big girfuy killie, killies fannies and mixu anaw for his pish.

Glory glory ya bass

ENDOF

givescotlandfreedom
13-02-2011, 12:10 AM
Mixu behaved like a dick. He should have been sent to the stand. Ref was ****ing awful and he should have sorted Mixu anaw!

Hibs legend/nice guy/whatever or not.....he's against us now and he can **** off getting us aggro. There's naebody bigger than Hibs and that includes Mixu and his frickin diamond formation and huffs.

Was delighted to hear that whistle to gie it a big girfuy killie, killies fannies and mixu anaw for his pish.

Glory glory ya bass

ENDOF

Once they leave they no longer exist
:greengrin

Saorsa
13-02-2011, 12:26 AM

Hibs were outpassed today but not outfought. Mixu, enjoy your sour grapes.:agree: Always had time for big Mixu but he sank a long way in my estimations today. ref is a ******

Albion Hibs
13-02-2011, 01:57 AM

I would agree with that. The ref should either have gone through all of the killie players that were involved or shown a bit of common sense and left the cards in his pocket.

With regards to Scott and Mixu I was a little disappointed at Scotts reaction, a bit too cocky for me bearing in mind Mixu's place in the history of hibs. If he ever sticks three past the hertz i will take that back!

TrickyNicky
13-02-2011, 04:45 AM

Glory glory ya bass

ENDOF
I agree 100% !

Mixu acted like a prat, what sort of manager screams in the face of an opposition player - especially the player of a team that you supposedly have the utmost respect for?

skipster7
13-02-2011, 07:59 AM
good old mixu,just when we were getting a wee bit nervous he pushes a hibs player and ignites the whole ground, lifts the atmosphere and helps us push Hibs over the finishing line:greengrin

500miles
13-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Green tinted specs off here, from my angle (right next to Mixu) it looked like Scott went in with one leg and followed through with the other to try and inflict a bit of pain.

Mixu didn't like it, has words with Scott, a Killie sub takes it upon himself to kick things up a notch. More players get involved, ref couldnt control situation, and just starts throwing bookings around because he couldnt identify the appropriate players.

hibbybob
13-02-2011, 09:42 AM
I realised today that this was the first game I've seen Mixu manage. I missed his whole time with us as I moved back to America days before John Collins resigned and then moved back here a couple games into the Yogi era.

Sadly Mixu's Hibs team didn't play in the same style as his Killie team. Nobody was impressed by the hoofball he played at ER wheras Killie are really good to watch.

Points on the board are most important at present but I hope CC is able to offer similar football in the future.

Golden Bear
13-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Judging by yesterday's post match comments, Mixu is still very sensitive about the reputation he probably didn't deserve to earn as being a Manager who preferred the "direct" approach to football.

Here's what he said:-

"I felt the boys were hard done to today by the key decisions. Hibs caused us problems with long balls. I thought Manuel Pascali was fouled in the build up to the first goal and I didn't think it was a penalty"

There's nothing like a gracious loser eh.

:rolleyes:

skipster7
13-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Judging by yesterday's post match comments, Mixu is still very sensitive about the reputation he probably didn't deserve to earn as being a Manager who preferred the "direct" approach to football.

"I felt the boys were hard done to today by the key decisions. Hibs caused us problems with long balls. I thought Manuel Pascali was fouled in the build up to the first goal and I didn't think it was a penalty"

TBF i agree with him.our first could easily have been blown for a foul and from the halfway line our pen looked pretty soft.to balance it up though it also looked like theirs was a wrong call from where i was in the east.
i dont think theres any doubt they were more pleasing on the eye but at the minute its points at all costs for us.:agree:

CropleyWasGod
13-02-2011, 05:40 PM

Actually, I thought he had a point for the first goal. I thought it was a foul.

Kaiser1962
13-02-2011, 06:36 PM

I am happy to see that too AH. The young or the less brave (not a criticism, it takes all types of personalities to make a team) amongst the players will take great confidence knowing that if they get singled out for rough treatment, or given a couple of dull ones, they now have team mates who will watch their back and give it back in spades.

When it all kicked off near the end I thought that Scott, who went to ground, got the ball clean enough and the Killie player went over the top into Scott. Have to wait till midnight to see it on the telly but that was my take on it. It was good to see plenty green shirts getting wired in though and the message sent out was well worth the three booking Hibs got.

Ritchie
13-02-2011, 06:55 PM

Pascalli got booked.

That Kelly is a horrible wee ****!!

Westie1875
13-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Actually, I thought he had a point for the first goal. I thought it was a foul.

I wasn't sure until I watched it again, and having done that I don't think Sodje did anything wrong, he used his strength but it wasn't a foul IMO. Pascali made the mistake of falling over and waiting for the ref to blow the whistle, if that had been the other way round I'd have been raging at our defender for being so weak.

blackpoolhibs
13-02-2011, 07:12 PM
I wasn't sure until I watched it again, and having done that I don't think Sodje did anything wrong, he used his strength but it wasn't a foul IMO. Pascali made the mistake of falling over and waiting for the ref to blow the whistle, if that had been the other way round I'd have been raging at our defender for being so weak.

:agree: Chris Hogg has made a career out of doing just that.

hibsbollah
13-02-2011, 07:16 PM

I thought Mixu regularly behaved like a complete erchie on the sideline when he was our manager, roaring and shouting and generally just behaving like an oaf. I dont see any reason to change my mind now he's the opposition.

--------
13-02-2011, 07:20 PM

Yup. Straightforward challenge. He let Sodje on his wrong side and the big guy's touch was good. Pascali knew he had sold the goal and fell over hoping for a favour. If defenders start getting free-kicks for that sort of thing, the game's ruined.

If Dickoh was sent off for raising his hands, a few Kilmarnock players (and possibly Mixu as well) should have gone too. Dickoh certainly seemed to take the ball cleanly enough - wossname went down like the dying swan. FD hard done by.

I still can't get used to the cameras being in the West Stand, though.

Bishop Hibee
13-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Yup. Straightforward challenge. He let Sodje on his wrong side and the big guy's touch was good. Pascali knew he had sold the goal and fell over hoping for a favour. If defenders start getting free-kicks for that sort of thing, the game's ruined.

If Dickoh was sent off for raising his hands, a few Kilmarnock players (and possibly Mixu as well) should have gone too. Dickoh certainly seemed to take the ball cleanly enough - wossname went down like the dying swan. FD hard done by.

I still can't get used to the cameras being in the West Stand, though.

Having been at the game and just watched the highlights, I agree with all the above. Mixu made a career of being stronger than centre halves so his comments regarding the first goal are a bit rich.

As for the bust-up, the ref was clueless, the linesman worse and the bookings were guesswork. CC was telling the ref to sort the Killie bench out but the lilly livered prat did nothing :grr:

--------
13-02-2011, 08:01 PM
Having been at the game and just watched the highlights, I agree with all the above. Mixu made a career of being stronger than centre halves so his comments regarding the first goal are a bit rich.

As for the bust-up, the ref was clueless, the linesman worse and the bookings were guesswork. CC was telling the ref to sort the Killie bench out but the lilly livered prat did nothing :grr:

:agree: And OUR assistant manager's on a 6-match touchline ban?

Paatelainen was clearly instrumental in exacerbating the situation at the bust-up, and appears on the highlights video to have raised both hands into the face of one of the Hibs players (Jimmy Scott?).

Strong stink of managerial hypocrisy and official cowardice, IMO.