PDA

View Full Version : The new East Stand

Archie70
11-02-2011, 11:54 PM
I wanted a two tier, mirror image, stand. Thought single tier was a mistake. Hands up, I was wrong! I've followed Hibs for over 40 years and for a long time thought the ground lacked atmophere. This year, in footballing terms without doubt one of the worst I've seen, crowds among some of the lowest. However, the atmosphere, singing and noise is one of the few successes. I've no doubt we'll come again and when we do we'll see that stand full. The atmophere will be electric, a huge lift for our players and intimdating for others. Until then keep up the noise an take a bow each and every one of you. You the 12th man are this seasons success.

Sir David Gray
12-02-2011, 12:06 AM
I was like you, I wanted a two-tiered stand and I thought making the East Stand a one-tiered stand, when the rest of the stands had two tiers, would make the stadium look really odd.

If I'm being honest, I still haven't completely changed my mind as my preference would still be for it to have been a two-tiered effort, however I like the new East Stand a lot more than I thought I would at the time of hearing that it was only going to have a single tier. I also like my new seat.

However, I don't agree that the fact it's only got a single tier is the reason for the good atmosphere and the suggestion that it wouldn't have been the same if it had been a two-tier. Celtic, Rangers and Hearts fans sit in the South Stand which has got two-tiers and they manage to make a lot of noise during games.

The 12th man lot seem to be a really determined group of people and I think they are the type who would be able to make themselves heard, no matter what kind of stand they were in.

tamig
12-02-2011, 12:13 AM
As an East Stander since the seats first went in back in the early 90s I always wanted a big steep single tier effort. That's what we got and once this team gets playing the atmosphere will be something else. Still miss the old East but I'm sure the new stand will come into it's own in the near future.

Rossco1875
12-02-2011, 01:38 AM
the single tier stand was the best option for keeping the atmosphere and may long it continue.:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa

McHibby
12-02-2011, 02:19 AM
I love the single tier. I was a season ticket holder for the East before I moved to England and while I was sad to see it go I think Easter Road looks cracking now :agree:

I came up from Cambridge for the first game with the new stand, and all the crazy characters were still there, which was great to see. I think Tamig is right, when the stand is full it's going to be an awesome atmosphere.

The_Horde
12-02-2011, 02:30 AM
the single tier stand was the best option for keeping the atmosphere and may long it continue.:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa

Who's this May Long you speak of?

Some hobo? :wink:

AgentDaleCooper
12-02-2011, 03:44 AM
I was like you, I wanted a two-tiered stand and I thought making the East Stand a one-tiered stand, when the rest of the stands had two tiers, would make the stadium look really odd.

If I'm being honest, I still haven't completely changed my mind as my preference would still be for it to have been a two-tiered effort, however I like the new East Stand a lot more than I thought I would at the time of hearing that it was only going to have a single tier. I also like my new seat.

However, I don't agree that the fact it's only got a single tier is the reason for the good atmosphere and the suggestion that it wouldn't have been the same if it had been a two-tier. Celtic, Rangers and Hearts fans sit in the South Stand which has got two-tiers and they manage to make a lot of noise during games.

The 12th man lot seem to be a really determined group of people and I think they are the type who would be able to make themselves heard, no matter what kind of stand they were in.
they have an away-support mentality at these games though, which is a large advantage.