PDA

View Full Version : Media Akpo Sodje- Legend

Wotherspiniesta
11-02-2011, 05:30 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9394056.stm

Not even listened to the rest of the interview yet, but listening to the first 26 seconds has made my mind up.

Journo: "What do you know about Scottish football? "

Akpo: " A little. I know about Celtic, Rangers, Hibs....Kilmarnock and the top 6"

:not worth

No mention of the big club. Nobody even knows them :na na:

Badge
11-02-2011, 05:36 PM

Not even listened to the rest of the interview yet, but listening to the first 26 seconds has made my mind up.

Akpo: " A little. I know about Celtic, Rangers, Hibs....Kilmarnock and the top 6"

Liked the bit about us being in the Champions League

SRHibs
11-02-2011, 05:40 PM
Liked the bit about us being in the Champions League

Seems well informed. :agree:

SMAXXA
11-02-2011, 06:00 PM
What do you know about Kilmarnock, "Well I know its s football club" :faf:

Do you know where Kilmarnock is "I dont know where it is but its in Scotland" :faf:

I love this guy already brilliant!

Bookkeeper
11-02-2011, 06:16 PM
Is there any danger Sodje could get a 2nd booking for telling the ref his name?

hibsbollah
11-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Legend? dont make me laugh:rules::fuming::grr:

:worms:

James70
11-02-2011, 06:50 PM
"Hibs haven't been in this position before" (fighting relegation) :greengrin

hibsbollah
11-02-2011, 07:06 PM
"Hibs haven't been in this position before" (fighting relegation) :greengrin

He obviously doesnt 'know his history'.
Love the interview though, he's proper Saaf London:agree:
I have a funny feeling he'll perform in the derby. Big strong and wont get bullied.

seanraff07
11-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Love him already... walking in a Sodje wonderland!

7Hero
11-02-2011, 07:25 PM
certainly talks a good game, although he doesn't really know that much lol, some silly quotes.

sounds calm / experienced / intelligent..

hopefully can score a barreload for the cabbage..

welcome

Springbank
11-02-2011, 08:37 PM
Still like the chant, he ain't efe he's his brother. Thats real good

One Day Soon
11-02-2011, 08:53 PM

You mean he didn't just say 'Ah dunno'? Did he blow any kisses at anyone?

There must be some clause in the legend disqualification rules under which he can be excluded. Never scored a goal for Hibs. Never been in a final. Never been on the winning side in a derby. Never refused to transfer to the Old Firm.

Meh

R'Albin
11-02-2011, 09:10 PM
I
You mean he didn't just say 'Ah dunno'? Did he blow any kisses at anyone?

There must be some clause in the legend disqualification rules under which he can be excluded. Never scored a goal for Hibs. Never been in a final. Never been on the winning side in a derby. Never refused to transfer to the Old Firm.

Meh

Lighten up ffs:rolleyes:

One Day Soon
11-02-2011, 09:25 PM
I

Lighten up ffs:rolleyes:

Keep up FFS

R'Albin
11-02-2011, 09:56 PM
Keep up FFS

Presuming this is a joke that has gone over my head or something?

Craig_in_Prague
11-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Good bubbly character and definitely will give his all for us.
That in itself is good enough for me.

Reckon he'll be good around the training ground and with the squad.

Character, bottle? :agree:
Something Yogi went on and on about and didn't really do anything about it !!

One Day Soon
11-02-2011, 10:04 PM
Presuming this is a joke that has gone over my head or something?

See the 'Scott Brown - Legend' thread :tee hee:

CRAZYHIBBY
11-02-2011, 10:45 PM
Champions league?? never been in this position before in our history? Has anyone actually told him what club he plays for:greengrin

hfc rd
11-02-2011, 11:45 PM
Fantastic interview!! This guy is a legend and I loved that interview!! I look forward to listening to more of his interviews in the near future. :thumbsup: :top marks

Removed
11-02-2011, 11:50 PM
Fantastic interview!! This guy is a legend and I loved that interview!! I look forward to listening to more of his interviews in the near future. :thumbsup: :top marks

Really? :faf:

He's played how many games for us and scored how many goals? :confused:

hfc rd
11-02-2011, 11:56 PM

I mean he is a legend by that interview. Yes he has played the one game against St Mirren and his shooting was laughable that night so therefore he has no goals yet but he worked his socks off and deserved the massive standing ovation when he came off and if he continues that sort of peformance and adds a few goals then he could be remembered as a legend. The big strong target man we really need who can stay on his feet and actually link up with with the team unlike Nish p*** & Trakys.

Removed
12-02-2011, 12:01 AM
I mean he is a legend by that interview.

Sorry, you've lost me.

You think he planned what he was going to say and did it on purpose to wind up the yams :confused:

Really? Seriously?

1875godsgift
12-02-2011, 12:18 AM
I mean he is a legend by that interview. Yes he has played the one game against St Mirren and his shooting was laughable that night so therefore he has no goals yet but he worked his socks off and deserved the massive standing ovation when he came off and if he continues that sort of peformance and adds a few goals then he could be remembered as a legend. The big strong target man we really need who can stay on his feet and actually link up with with the team unlike Nish p*** & Trakys.

Exactly! I like his attitude and so what if he doesn't know where Kilmarnock is, how many people on here know where Canvey Island is?
Without googling, cos that's cheating!

1875godsgift
12-02-2011, 12:21 AM
Sorry, you've lost me.

You think he planned what he was going to say and did it on purpose to wind up the yams :confused:

Really? Seriously?

Sorry, you lost me.

Where did the poster quoted mention anything about the yams? :confused:

Removed
12-02-2011, 12:24 AM
Sorry, you lost me.

Where did the poster quoted mention anything about the yams? :confused:

The OP did and the poster quoted is agreeing with him that the player is a legend.

Removed
12-02-2011, 12:27 AM
Exactly! I like his attitude and so what if he doesn't know where Kilmarnock is, how many people on here know where Canvey Island is?

Eh, I do, I've been there.

So he's a legend now cos he doesn't know where killie is :faf: magic.

Let's hope he finds his shooting boots then or he'll not be a legend for long :wink:

1875godsgift
12-02-2011, 12:30 AM
The OP did and the poster quoted is agreeing with him that the player is a legend.

Sorry mate, misinterpreted the bit about the " big club "

And I'm not even going to enter into any debate about legends :greengrin

1875godsgift
12-02-2011, 12:34 AM

Let's hope he finds his shooting boots then or he'll not be a legend for long :wink:

I never said he was a legend because he doesn't know where Killie is, that would probably make 99.9% of the worlds population legends, which surely would elevate the other 0.1% to superhuman ( Scott Brown ) status?

iwasthere1972
12-02-2011, 12:35 AM

:agree:

Stupid question.

Wotherspiniesta
12-02-2011, 01:01 AM
Who are Hearts? :confused:

sunshine1875
12-02-2011, 07:29 AM
Sodje is not a legend. No, he is a fortune teller and doesn't realise it.

Think about it, in a few years Hibs will have that Champion Leagues history and Hearts will a distant memory, a bad smell, before the super Tesco was built.

:wink:

Phil D. Rolls
12-02-2011, 08:34 AM
A regular Steven Fry and no mistake. Did they ask him if he knows what a haggis is, or ask him to dress up in a kilt? That one is always guaranteed a laugh.

JimBHibees
12-02-2011, 08:34 AM
Great photo here of Akpo in a Sheffield derby taking no prisoners. :not worth:thumbsup:

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/oNFlwjgvQm0/Sheffield+Wednesday+v+Sheffield+United/RkZw_YmqXtr/Akpo+Sodje

hibsbollah
12-02-2011, 08:35 AM

And so it continues:greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
12-02-2011, 08:42 AM

He's fast approaching De Graaf status. :agree:

BEEJ
12-02-2011, 09:01 AM
Love him already... walking in a Sodje wonderland!
Like it. :agree:

Still like the chant, he ain't efe he's his brother. Thats real good
:hilarious

Both of these songs are excellent. The guy has got his own play-list and he's only played one match. :greengrin

One Day Soon
12-02-2011, 10:05 AM
I never said he was a legend because he doesn't know where Killie is, that would probably make 99.9% of the worlds population legends, which surely would elevate the other 0.1% to superhuman ( Scott Brown ) status?

I don't think Scott Brown knew where Kilmarnock was when he played with us, which is when he earned his legend status.

SRHibs
12-02-2011, 10:13 AM

Christ almighty. Stop taking the word 'legend' so literally. No-one's saying that he's going to go down in club history forever because of that interview. It's an exaggeration to call him that no doubt, but it's not being said in the literal sense of the word. Lighten up a bit.

Removed
12-02-2011, 10:18 AM
Christ almighty. Stop taking the word 'legend' so literally. No-one's saying that he's going to go down in club history forever because of that interview. It's an exaggeration to call him that no doubt, but it's not being said in the literal sense of the word. Lighten up a bit.

:faf: did you not see the wink

Jack
12-02-2011, 10:20 AM
Rather than a legend perhaps we could say he has the making of a player that will go down in Hibs folk lore and that wonderful interview could be chapter two of his-story!

Phil D. Rolls
12-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Rather than a legend perhaps we could say he has the making of a player that will go down in Hibs folk lore and that wonderful interview could be chapter two of his-story!

Oh don't start that. The next thing is we'll have an official fans group set up to write his biography. :greengrin

SRHibs
12-02-2011, 10:27 AM
:faf: did you not see the wink

Yeah, but the wink clearly doesn't indicate that both that and your previous posts were jokes.

skipster7
12-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Comes across very well,watched that with a wee smile despite the daft wifie (copyright Andy Gray) asking what the discipline is like at the club:confused:
get a goal today & he'll be on the first rung of the legend ladder.:agree:

hibsbollah
12-02-2011, 11:26 AM
first rung of the legend ladder.:agree:

Theres a ladder??:coffee:

--------
12-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Comes across very well,watched that with a wee smile despite the daft wifie (copyright Andy Gray) asking what the discipline is like at the club:confused:
get a goal today & he'll be on the first rung of the legend ladder.:agree:

Not a deep thinker about the Scottish game, maybe, but allowing for the banality of the questions - I mean, we're talking newspaper reporters here, guys; male or female, morons goes without saying - he smiled nicely, was patient with the Barbie-doll and generally came over well. Seems a nice guy. :agree:

Removed
12-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Yeah, but the wink clearly doesn't indicate that both that and your previous posts were jokes.

And you're telling me to lighten up :rolleyes:

SRHibs
12-02-2011, 01:37 PM
And you're telling me to lighten up :rolleyes:

Well done, you can read.:agree:

jacomo
12-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Oh don't start that. The next thing is we'll have an official fans group set up to write his biography. :greengrin

If Albion Place isn't renamed "Sodje Way" by May Petrie can GTF.

One Day Soon
12-02-2011, 03:20 PM

This must move him a few rungs up the Legend Ladder, no?

Do you think its like spinal pay columns? Once you reach the top you try to get moved on to a column that can reach higher.

Mibbes Aye
12-02-2011, 05:03 PM

:agree:

Similar to the 'icon escalator'

SteveHFC
12-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Sodje :not worth

FT'J'Bo's
12-02-2011, 06:16 PM
To the tune of 2 Unlimited's No Limits.

Sodje.... Akpo.... Sodje....Akpo Sodje....Akpo Akpo Sodje (repeat) :thumbsup:

http://youtu.be/aFd5Cci_pE4

frazeHFC
12-02-2011, 06:20 PM
Sodje looks like he loves playing for the club, great target man and i find him a cult hero already. :thumbsup:

I loved the interview about "Hibs are never in this position in their history.....they are used to Champions League football" :na na:

KWJ
23-02-2011, 12:46 AM
Apologies for bumping a thread that perhaps didn't need bumping, why would it. Akpo rocks our socks.

I saw this pic and wanted to share. Akpo > Anty!

http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Sheffield+Wednesday+v+Sheffield+United+e36vwrY5gnK l.jpg

Love Martin's cartoon on the front page too, brilliant. May even make it my FB profile.

jdships
23-02-2011, 09:57 AM
I don't think Scott Brown knew where Kilmarnock was when he played with us, which is when he earned his legend status.

If you have ever spoken to Scott Brown you will know it's doubtful if he knows where Edinburgh Castle is !!
:greengrin:wink:

EskbankHibby
23-02-2011, 10:12 AM
Apologies for bumping a thread that perhaps didn't need bumping, why would it. Akpo rocks our socks.

http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Sheffield+Wednesday+v+Sheffield+United+e36vwrY5gnK l.jpg

Love Martin's cartoon on the front page too, brilliant. May even make it my FB profile.

Is that Anthony Stokes in the background of that picture?

matty_f
23-02-2011, 10:30 AM

He'll haver been trying to get someone to take a bet on the winner of the scrap.

--------
23-02-2011, 11:30 AM

It is. Skulking around in the background as usual - he probably caused all the trouble in the first place.