PDA

View Full Version : Khan v McCloskey

Dashing Bob S
11-02-2011, 03:16 PM
I feel an upset coming on here...mind you, I always say that with Khan, who is shaping up to be a really great fighter.

Pretty Boy
11-02-2011, 04:55 PM
I fancy Khan to win this but it's certainly not the 'warm up' for Bradley that a few people seem to think it is. McCloskey is no mug.

Also seems Hayemaker promotions have just broken the record for the highest purse bid for a British fight in their attempts to promote George Groves v James DeGale in the British and Commonwealth super middleweight unification bout. That will be a cracker of a fight, Groves beat DeGale in the amateurs, both hold proper titles after 11 and 9 fights respectively, both unbeaten, both got bags of talent and they genuinely dislike each other.

Dashing Bob S
11-02-2011, 11:32 PM
I fancy Khan to win this but it's certainly not the 'warm up' for Bradley that a few people seem to think it is. McCloskey is no mug.

Also seems Hayemaker promotions have just broken the record for the highest purse bid for a British fight in their attempts to promote George Groves v James DeGale in the British and Commonwealth super middleweight unification bout. That will be a cracker of a fight, Groves beat DeGale in the amateurs, both hold proper titles after 11 and 9 fights respectively, both unbeaten, both got bags of talent and they genuinely dislike each other.

No wonder they shelled out on that one as it has the makings of a real classic. DeGale looked great against Paul Smith, but Groves will be a big test. Both have decent KO records so I can't see it going the distance. I'd be inclined to go for Groves, but it's a very tough one to call.

Since90+2
13-02-2011, 01:30 PM
Khan will stop McClockey mid fight.

Degale and Groves should be interesting for the first couple of rounds but Degale will stop him within 6 I think.