PDA

View Full Version : Under 19s in Cup match this Sunday

oconnors_strip
10-02-2011, 08:33 PM
Hibs under 19s are playing Falkirk in the quarter finals of the Scottish Youth Cup this Sunday at East Mains, kick off 1.30pm

maturehibby
10-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Why not play the game at Easter Road ?
would give the boys a big boost and would also encourage the fans to go along and support the team

Sir David Gray
10-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Come on the bairns! :thumbsup:

The Hibs bairns, that is, as opposed to the Bairns bairns! :greengrin

oconnors_strip
10-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Why not play the game at Easter Road ?
would give the boys a big boost and would also encourage the fans to go along and support the team

i dont know but its very annoying!! only chance for majority of the lads to play at a large stadium and the club take it away from them. and as you say it would encourage fans to go along, easier to get to ER than east mains.

my dad reckons it could be to protect the pitch since we have a game on saturday and the following week:confused:

Sir David Gray
10-02-2011, 09:30 PM
i dont know but its very annoying!! only chance for majority of the lads to play at a large stadium and the club take it away from them. and as you say it would encourage fans to go along, easier to get to ER than east mains.

my dad reckons it could be to protect the pitch since we have a game on saturday and the following week:confused:

After the game on Saturday, we don't have another game at Easter Road for two weeks (game vs Inverness). We are away to St Mirren the week after next.

oconnors_strip
10-02-2011, 09:32 PM
After the game on Saturday, we don't have another game at Easter Road for two weeks (game vs Inverness). We are away to St Mirren the week after next.

so we are.:rolleyes: its just typical ****ing hibs when it comes to the under 19s! they get poor coverage and they dont think about what the players want when it comes to games like this!

Randerson_4
10-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Can't make it along sadly, would be good if they can get through! Expecting a tough game, basically a cup final for Falkirk

Believe that it's not at Easter Road cos of game the day before, make of that what you will

KWJ
10-02-2011, 10:27 PM
Can't make it along sadly, would be good if they can get through! Expecting a tough game, basically a cup final for Falkirk

Believe that it's not at Easter Road cos of game the day before, make of that what you will

Where is exactly is the training centre? Can someone link it on google maps please.

oconnors_strip
10-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Where is exactly is the training centre? Can someone link it on google maps please.

follow Tranent high street right through, then you come to the traffic lights at a fork junction. signed Pencaitland to the left & Ormiston to the right. follow the road to Ormiston (B6371) at least about a mile or so up the road on the left you have trees then you will see a white kerb & a green arrow sign that says HTC. follow the private road right to the end where the fence and gates to the centre are. park in the car park and walk over to the pitches

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&sugexp=nspc&xhr=t&q=eh35+5ng&cp=8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

mim
10-02-2011, 10:45 PM
I can get to Edinburgh by bus.
If someone can provide transport to EM from the city centre, I'd love to see the lads. :wink:

berwickhibee
11-02-2011, 05:50 AM

east mains is easier to get to for some:wink:

blackpoolhibs
11-02-2011, 07:48 AM
Wasn't one of the reasons east mains was built, was for this very purpose? The pitches there will most probably be in better condition than easter road anyway.

Us Hibs fans will find anything to moan about, even when clearly we have spent mega money building a state of the art centre for this purpose, and it saves the pitch at easter road into the bargain?

bob12345
11-02-2011, 08:15 AM
Like before, if anyone fancies trying their hand at a match report, PM me!

oconnors_strip
11-02-2011, 12:54 PM
east mains is easier to get to for some:wink:

longer lie in for you then:greengrin

Wasn't one of the reasons east mains was built, was for this very purpose? The pitches there will most probably be in better condition than easter road anyway.

Us Hibs fans will find anything to moan about, even when clearly we have spent mega money building a state of the art centre for this purpose, and it saves the pitch at easter road into the bargain?

its the quarter final of the scottish cup!!! majority of the fans who go to watch the 19s and the players would have liked the chance to play the game at ER as i have said above, it might be the only opportunity these players get to play at a full sized stadium. yes we built a fantastic academy and pitches that we play our league and friendly games on but tbh the condition of the pitch the 19s use isnt much better compared to the ER pitch:rolleyes:

anyway....all the best lads. :wink:

HibbyKeith
11-02-2011, 01:53 PM

its the quarter final of the Scottish cup!!! majority of the fans who go to watch the 19s and the players would have liked the chance to play the game at ER as i have said above, it might be the only opportunity these players get to play at a full sized stadium. yes we built a fantastic academy and pitches that we play our league and friendly games on but tbh the condition of the pitch the 19s use isn't much better compared to the ER pitch:rolleyes:

:agree:

To be fair to Hibs i understand them wanting to protect the ER pitch, (or is it the manager protecting the players from club fines?:devil:) could you imagine the uproar if the surface was in an even worse state than it is currently had there been a dozen or so u19/reserve games being played there.

That being said the u19 cup games should be played there, an extra few games a season on the pitch wont kill it.

We all know the history of hibs and the Scottish cup, imo we should be providing these young guys with everything we can to help get them used to winning Scottish cup ties. a game at Easter Road once in a while wouldn't hurt, and i would imagine provide them with a bit of a boost.

:flag:

blackpoolhibs
11-02-2011, 02:31 PM

its the quarter final of the scottish cup!!! majority of the fans who go to watch the 19s and the players would have liked the chance to play the game at ER as i have said above, it might be the only opportunity these players get to play at a full sized stadium. yes we built a fantastic academy and pitches that we play our league and friendly games on but tbh the condition of the pitch the 19s use isnt much better compared to the ER pitch:rolleyes:

What, all 20 or so? As i said before, the pitch needs to be looked after, its not in the best condition now, and the new training centre was built with these games in mind. If the under 19s want to play at easter road, force your way into the side.

oconnors_strip
11-02-2011, 02:42 PM
What, all 20 or so? As i said before, the pitch needs to be looked after, its not in the best condition now, and the new training centre was built with these games in mind. If the under 19s want to play at easter road, force your way into the side.

On average there is 40 fans at league games(when hibs actually advertise and make people aware of the games), cup games there is 60+. Previous games at ER have seen over 100 fans attend! As for forcing myself into the side...I'm a 26 year old female!!

blackpoolhibs
11-02-2011, 02:58 PM
On average there is 40 fans at league games(when hibs actually advertise and make people aware of the games), cup games there is 60+. Previous games at ER have seen over 100 fans attend! As for forcing myself into the side...I'm a 26 year old female!!

I dont think the hammering the pitch takes is worth it, not even if there were 1000 fans wanting to go. I'd imagine the pitches at east mains are regulation size, and if so quite sufficient for this level of game.

I was not saying you should force yourself into the side, i was meaning the under 19s. Although while you mention it, that will be the next one, the ladies team will probably have an important cup game soon, perhaps they should play it at easter road?

They would probably get a bigger crowd? :wink:

Nando™
11-02-2011, 03:24 PM
A year or two ago, a youth Hibs team slaughtered Queen of the South at Easter Road and one thing that stuck out was that someone (possibly many people) on this board pointed out that it was a requirement that SC games were to be played at the proper home of the home team.

If this is/was true, then what happened to that rule?

Judas Iscariot
11-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Even when the pitch isn't ****ed the 19's don't play at ER so using the bad pitch line is just an excuse..

There would defo be a bigger following and bigger crowds for the laddies if Hibs advertised/publicised more about them..

The odd game at ER wouldn't hurt the pitch too much and I'm sure there'd be a pretty decent turn out..

These guys are potentially the future of Hibs and we should try and give them as much support as possible!

blackpoolhibs
11-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Even when the pitch isn't ****ed the 19's don't play at ER so using the bad pitch line is just an excuse..

There would defo be a bigger following and bigger crowds for the laddies if Hibs advertised/publicised more about them..

The odd game at ER wouldn't hurt the pitch too much and I'm sure there'd be a pretty decent turn out..

These guys are potentially the future of Hibs and we should try and give them as much support as possible!

How much is not too much? And who's next, the ladies?

Craig_in_Prague
11-02-2011, 10:41 PM

Are you John Rankin :greengrin

Brooster
12-02-2011, 07:08 AM
156 folk at last weeks game v Hamilton.

KWJ
14-02-2011, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the info o'connors strip.

I see from the link that there is a 44 bus stop right there, take it that's right then aye? Very handy and gives the guy looking for a lift a way there.

oconnors_strip
15-02-2011, 07:00 AM
Thanks for the info o'connors strip.

I see from the link that there is a 44 bus stop right there, take it that's right then aye? Very handy and gives the guy looking for a lift a way there.

I'm no sure where the closest stop is as I normally ask the driver to drop me off right on the corner of the lane to the centre :greengrin