PDA

View Full Version : Derby and Accies games moved for TV (merged)

Carheenlea
10-02-2011, 04:22 PM
I notice that this fixture is still down for a 3pm KO on Saturday 2nd April.

Is it too early to assume that the game will not be on TV and therefore the KO time won`t be altered or game moved to Sunday?

It`s not far away, and with the holiday period at that time, it would be handy to know for sure what the script is before making plans.

hibeelin
10-02-2011, 04:22 PM
As per SPL site. Now at 12.45 on Sunday 3rd April.

I hate Sunday lunchtime games :brickwall:brickwall:brickwall

Skanko79
10-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Thats alot of crap. wish they would keep it on a saturday....

.Sean.
10-02-2011, 04:24 PM
I can tolerate a Saturday lunchtime, but I hate Sunday lunchtimes. No enough time for a bevvy pre-match and the hangover prevents you getting into 'Derby Mode'.

How hard is it to schedule it for 3pm on a Sunday instead?

Golden Bear
10-02-2011, 04:26 PM
At the end of the season it will be interesting to find out how many of our home games kicked off at 3pm on a Saturday.

It's a worrying trend imo.

Barney McGrew
10-02-2011, 04:51 PM
How hard is it to schedule it for 3pm on a Sunday instead?

It would overlap with Sky's 'Super Sunday' 4pm EPL kick off which will no doubt see a massive clash between the likes of Wigan and Fulham.

frazeHFC
10-02-2011, 04:53 PM
I hate all Sunday Hibs games :brickwall

Hibs_SW
10-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Hibs v Hamilton game been changed to Sunday 17th April 12 noon kick off!!

Just been announced on spl website!

Live on espn!

sambajustice
10-02-2011, 05:11 PM
Relegation decider!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Golden Bear
10-02-2011, 05:11 PM
This fixture will not be a relegation tussle come the 17th April as Hamilton will be well clear by then.

:wink:

hibee_girl
10-02-2011, 05:15 PM
It's Mothers Day that day too, last time we played on Mothers Day we won the cup :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-02-2011, 06:01 PM
I'm in Prague that w-end, quite happy!

3pm
10-02-2011, 06:29 PM
That's my birthday. Hope it's a gid yin!

3pm
10-02-2011, 06:33 PM
If we do the business by then it won't matter.

Dunbar Hibee
10-02-2011, 06:40 PM
**** modern football

Saorsa
10-02-2011, 06:43 PM
:bitchy: :grr: :brickwall :timebomb:

Saorsa
10-02-2011, 06:44 PM
another ****in' ***** time sunday fixture :brickwall:brickwall

Wembley67
10-02-2011, 06:44 PM
Dunno why folk are greeting, expected was it not?

MSK
10-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Dunno why folk are greeting, expected was it not?Expected or not ..pish day pish time ..

3pm
10-02-2011, 06:52 PM
Expected or not ..pish day pish time ..

I'd play the tramps on the moon at midnight if I thought we'd win.

one day maybe...
10-02-2011, 06:52 PM
I wonder if they would ever give a Friday evening kick off 7.45pm derby a go? What a way to start the weekend :party:

Baldy Foghorn
10-02-2011, 07:00 PM
I hate all Sunday Hibs games :brickwall

:agree::agree:

pain in the proverbial

Baldy Foghorn
10-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Important game, but can't understand the need to be a Sunday.....

Westie1875
10-02-2011, 07:06 PM
12 noon on Sunday, for Hamilton at home :bitchy:

darwenhibby
10-02-2011, 10:04 PM
First Train does not get into Edinburgh til 12.40:grr::fuming::furious:

Shall I organise a bus Lancashire Hibby's:wink::timebomb::stirrer:

iwasthere1972
10-02-2011, 10:18 PM
At the end of the season it will be interesting to find out how many of our home games kicked off at 3pm on a Saturday.

It's a worrying trend imo.

At the moment it's 5 out of 12 in the SPL.

essexhibee
10-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Get in!

Won't miss the match now its been moved!

Eric
10-02-2011, 11:38 PM
To put it mildly, I am not amused!:grr:

We have had arrangements in place since July for the annual Orkney Hibs and Shetland Hibs supporters visit to ER to take place on 16 April for the Hamilton game. The change of KO to Sunday is totally unacceptable to the vast number of fans who make the long journey down from the Northern Isles and for this reason we will now be postponing the visit until the early part of next season.

To be fair to Hibs I did get a very apologetic phone call before the change was made public but I don't think the SPL know or care about the effect that such a change can have on so many people at such short notice. And all for the sake of TV:grr:

fife hfc
11-02-2011, 04:48 AM
The derby is on my birthday. I have a crap record of watching Hibs on my birthday! Lets hope it changes this year.

Moulin Yarns
11-02-2011, 05:16 AM
I'd play the tramps on the moon at midnight if I thought we'd win.

Aye, but then there will be some moaners on here complaining about the lack of atmosphere:greengrin

Removed
11-02-2011, 07:04 AM
Aye, but then there will be some moaners on here complaining about the lack of atmosphere:greengrin

:greengrin

Agree with the majority of other posters though. Paying customer shafted yet again. And they wonder why crowds are falling. Only in football.

**** sky. **** Espn.

LancsHibs
11-02-2011, 07:09 AM
Shall I organise a bus Lancashire Hibby's:wink::timebomb::stirrer:

Sounds like a plan, maybe you could put some diesel in this time!:greengrin:devil::doh::clown::whistle:

blackpoolhibs
11-02-2011, 07:35 AM
First Train does not get into Edinburgh til 12.40:grr::fuming::furious:

Shall I organise a bus Lancashire Hibby's
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Sounds like a plan, maybe you could put some diesel in this time!:greengrin:devil::doh::clown:

:faf::faf:

Dunbar Hibee
11-02-2011, 11:12 AM

Agree with the majority of other posters though. Paying customer shafted yet again. And they wonder why crowds are falling. Only in football.

**** sky. **** Espn.

:agree: Couldn't agree more.

Albion Hibs
11-02-2011, 11:21 AM
I would be interested to know how many times over recent years a derby at tynecastle has been played on a saturday v's a sunday and the same for us. It always seems to be a saturday kick off at their bit, not always on telly no wonder they pull in bigger / sell out crowds.

Shetland_Hibby
11-02-2011, 01:20 PM

We have had arrangements in place since July for the annual Orkney Hibs and Shetland Hibs supporters visit to ER to take place on 16 April for the Hamilton game. The change of KO to Sunday is totally unacceptable to the vast number of fans who make the long journey down from the Northern Isles and for this reason we will now be postponing the visit until the early part of next season.
:grr:

It is very annoying Eric - I just booked my flights for that trip last week! Ah well, can just come for a holiday instead.
:cheers:

Wakeyhibee
11-02-2011, 01:49 PM
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

:faf::faf:

:faf: 20 years as El Presidente and nothing changes

Sir David Gray
11-02-2011, 02:13 PM
I would be interested to know how many times over recent years a derby at tynecastle has been played on a saturday v's a sunday and the same for us. It always seems to be a saturday kick off at their bit, not always on telly no wonder they pull in bigger / sell out crowds.

Since season 05/06, derbies at Tynecastle have been played on the following days;

Saturday-7
Sunday-1
Thursday-1
Monday-1
Tuesday-1

Derbies at Easter Road have been played on the following days;

Saturday-4
Sunday-8
Wednesday-1 (League Cup)

I can only find info for matches since 08/09 but in that time, there hasn't been a league derby that hasn't been televised, either at Easter Road or Tynecastle.

franks
11-02-2011, 02:55 PM

To be fair to Hibs I did get a very apologetic phone call before the change was made public but I don't think the SPL know or care about the effect that such a change can have on so many people at such short notice. And all for the sake of TV:grr:

Was looking forward to the Orkney/Shetland day on the 16th which has now had to be postponed. The Hamilton game was chosen long ago because it was considered unlikely the game would be televised.

A lot of members have already made arrangements to travel down on the 16th. The paying fans are the last consideration when the TV gets involved. TV are the reason that a 10 team SPL is being suggested so they are guaranteed 4 old firm games a season although all the fans I know (including old firm fans) would prefer a 16/18 team league.

Broken Gnome
11-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Since season 05/06, derbies at Tynecastle have been played on the following days;

Saturday-7
Sunday-1
Thursday-1
Monday-1
Tuesday-1

Derbies at Easter Road have been played on the following days;

Saturday-4
Sunday-8
Wednesday-1 (League Cup)

I can only find info for matches since 08/09 but in that time, there hasn't been a league derby that hasn't been televised, either at Easter Road or Tynecastle.

There were 2 games in 04/05 not televised, one game each at home, then in 05/06 one game at Tynecastle was while the other three were Saturday 3pm. Every cup and league game since has been televised. Given the games are over their short-lived 'must see' status, would be nice to get one or two back to their rightful place on a Saturday afternoon.

cocopops1875
11-02-2011, 04:16 PM

**** sky. **** Espn.

totally with you on that think the feeling on this thread goes someway to showing why season ticket numbers are dropping. I play golf on sundays most club comps are on sundays so i have to miss out not the end of the world i admit but there must be folk with real issues work/kids/hangovers:greengrin who this puts off buying, I know that games will change but when i buy my season ticket i assume that most games will be saturday 3pm

Judas Iscariot
11-02-2011, 04:36 PM

Sunday Hibs games are 9/10 pish and causes utter havoc with other Sunday footie :rolleyes:

cocopops1875
11-02-2011, 06:41 PM

Sunday Hibs games are 9/10 pish and causes utter havoc with other Sunday footie :rolleyes:

Aye fair FB its the first time in years iv seriously thought about not renewing (well the efforts on the park were no helping either :wink:) its time football was given back to the fans :cgwa

LancashireHibby
11-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Wish the Hearts game would kick off an hour or two later but probably going to struggle now.

Will be in Halifax for the rugby on the day of the Hamilton game so I'm sure the Yam who owns the Pump Room pub near the station will be happy to put the game on!