PDA

View Full Version : White Stripes No More

Phil D. Rolls
10-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Sad to see they've officially called it a day. Jack is up there with Elvis, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Phil Spector and the Pistols for me. He is an original. Meg is a much better drummer than she is given credit for, and I will miss their innovative sound. :boo hoo:

Sylar
10-02-2011, 11:55 AM
Sad to see they've officially called it a day. Jack is up there with Elvis, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Phil Spector and the Pistols for me. He is an original. Meg is a much better drummer than she is given credit for, and I will miss their innovative sound. :boo hoo:

A fantastic band, but probably the right call following their last album, which was nowhere near as good as the previous.

I've little doubt Jack White will go on and do something else though - he is indeed a fantastic musician.

Phil D. Rolls
10-02-2011, 02:25 PM
A fantastic band, but probably the right call following their last album, which was nowhere near as good as the previous.

I've little doubt Jack White will go on and do something else though - he is indeed a fantastic musician.

Just shows how subjective music can be, I thought Icky Thump was a return to form, after Get Behind Me Satan. I agree though, there wasn't much left for them to do.

seanraff07
16-02-2011, 03:19 AM
I've never listened to them much but i still know a few of their songs but the split looked on the cards as Jack White seems to be upto a lot other than concentrating on the White Stripes solely, Meg's the same aswell i think.

pacorosssco
16-02-2011, 04:28 PM
great band but it always better to burn out than fade away

Phil D. Rolls
16-02-2011, 05:06 PM
great band but it always better to burn out than fade away

There's always more to the picture than meets the eye. :agree:

pacorosssco
16-02-2011, 05:54 PM
There's always more to the picture than meets the eye. :agree:

Paul Hartley is G.A.Y.