PDA

View Full Version : CC to West Brom? (Nope, Roy Hodgson got the job)

Rosevillehibby
09-02-2011, 10:10 PM
Radio 5 reporting that WBA interested in Houghton and if he takes job he wants Calderwood as his assistant!!!

Lofarl
09-02-2011, 10:13 PM
I would doubt he would go. CC said he wanted to manage again.

Westie1875
09-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Radio 5 reporting that WBA interested in Houghton and if he takes job he wants Calderwood as his assistant!!!

Can't see CC going anywhere, he is only just getting started building his own team at Hibs.

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Rod Petrie won't sanction any move for CC under any circumstances. Certainly not for any circumstances that don't equate to paying up the rather long contract that he signed. That would handily leave an assitant in charge that CC apparently didn't want, but someone we were looking at for the manager's job.

scoopyboy
09-02-2011, 10:21 PM

So why did CC leave Newcastle?

Houghton was the manager when he came to us.

3pm
09-02-2011, 10:22 PM
It wouldn't surprise me.

Woody1985
09-02-2011, 10:30 PM

Maybe CH knew he would be on the way out, was it not only 3-4 weeks later he left?

I'd like to see CC get time to build his own squad because the players that have come in are encouraging.

smurf
09-02-2011, 10:32 PM

I honestly believe that he left because he desperately wanted to be his own man as a manager himself again.

However, should it unfold that Houghton gets the job and an approach be made for CC then it was either something else or he wants out at Hibs...

Because Houghton and CC will obviously still talk and why would he brief or approach if in private CC has made it known he's happy at ER?

LancashireHibby
09-02-2011, 10:38 PM
I think/hope it's just a case of lazy journalism. CC has got a job to do at ER, but maybe the likelihood of him staying depends on how confident he is to carry out the job he was brought in to do?

Sir David Gray
09-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Can't see this happening.

Calderwood left a job as an assistant to Hughton at Newcastle as he wanted to be a manager in his own right again.

Newcastle's a bigger club than West Brom so if Calderwood thought that the manager's job at Hibs was more appealing than the assistant manager's job at Newcastle, I don't see him taking another assistant job at a smaller club than the one he left, only 4 months ago.

HibeeMcGinn1
09-02-2011, 10:41 PM
It could mean us getting loans from WBA?

WindyMiller
09-02-2011, 10:56 PM
The 5 live reporter (Pat Murphy) said that Houghton had been offered the WBA job, and that he wanted to bring in his own team.
He also mentioned that WBA would need to negotiate CC departure with Hibs.

LaMotta
09-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Houghton should never have been sacked and neither should Di Matteo. Bleedin madness:grr:

hfc rd
09-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Can't see this happening.

Calderwood left a job as an assistant to Hughton at Newcastle as he wanted to be a manager in his own right again.

Newcastle's a bigger club than West Brom so if Calderwood thought that the manager's job at Hibs was more appealing than the assistant manager's job at Newcastle, I don't see him taking another assistant job at a smaller club than the one he left, only 4 months ago.

I agree. I simply cannot see caldo leaving to return as an assistant manager again. I think he will resist any moves for the time being and will move on when he has taken us as far he can take us. But it will all come down to how successful he is with hibs. If he is a success then I think he will be on many shortlists down south in the championship or possiby the prem, but if he turns out to be unsuccessful then he will end up like Yogi - unemployed. Who knows? We will have to wait and see what the future holds.

snooky
09-02-2011, 11:00 PM
We need CC to come out and say "I'm here for as long as you want me" or "I still have a job to do here".
Something of substance that will put us all at ease. :wink:

truehibernian
09-02-2011, 11:05 PM
More likely he will take Paul Barron his other assistant at Newcastle, who happened to play for West Brom years ago too.

Can't see CC even considering it to be honest. His opening gambit taking the Hibernian job was that he wanted to be a No 1 again.

I wonder if Derek McInnes might consider it though.

WHUHibs
10-02-2011, 01:57 AM
Possibilities of Calderwood going to WBA if his mate Houghton gets the job. Also Steve Baron out of work so the team would be reunited.

I hope Calerwood stays to finish the job he has now started and we dont need another change at the moment!

Cheshire Hibee
10-02-2011, 02:14 AM
Heard on Five live on way home from work that WBA interested in Chris Houghton however did say that fact he would want his former backroom team maybe an issue particulary with regard to compensation to Hibs for CC.

Seems they are assuming that CC may automatically jump ship personally I think he would prefer to a number 1 and raise his profile at ER.

Iain G
10-02-2011, 02:56 AM
We need CC to come out and say "I'm here for as long as you want me" or "I still have a job to do here".

Oh you are awful :greengrin

Heckys Wheel
10-02-2011, 05:58 AM
Am I right in thinking CC took the Hibs job while Houghton was still at Newcastle?

smurf
10-02-2011, 06:18 AM
Am I right in thinking CC took the Hibs job while Houghton was still at Newcastle?

Yes.

Ringothedog
10-02-2011, 07:08 AM

:faf: :top marks

The Falcon
10-02-2011, 08:02 AM
I honestly believe that he left because he desperately wanted to be his own man as a manager himself again.

However, should it unfold that Houghton gets the job and an approach be made for CC then it was either something else or he wants out at Hibs...

Because Houghton and CC will obviously still talk and why would he brief or approach if in private CC has made it known he's happy at ER?

Thats pretty much every feasible outcome covered there smurf. :rolleyes:

smurf
10-02-2011, 08:13 AM
Thats pretty much every feasible outcome covered there smurf. :rolleyes:

Well the other is what price RP would have on the head of CC as everyone has one....

EskbankHibby
10-02-2011, 08:26 AM
Looks like WBA are preparing to be in the Championship next year, install a manager with a proven track record of leaving that division (and decent in the premiership if they stay up), very prudent and a good choice imo.

Can't see CC considering the job of his assistant again, he openly stated he wanted to be his own man again and whatever criticism may be levelled at CC i don't think telling porkies is one of them.

poolman
10-02-2011, 08:28 AM
It could mean us getting loans from WBA?

Just what we need

The Falcon
10-02-2011, 08:33 AM
Well the other is what price RP would have on the head of CC as everyone has one....

CC may actually have some input and if he goes or stays it just might be because that is actually what he wants to do. :dunno:

Lofarl
10-02-2011, 08:35 AM
Last week plenty would have welcomed CC leaving. I wonder if people will be so keen to see CC stay if we get beat on sat.

lucky
10-02-2011, 08:48 AM
A few weeks ago around 70% on here wanted him emptied . Now cos we have won 1 game this year he should stay. Personally not really that fussed if he goes. Remember his son is still in Northampton so the midlands might well be appealing. Rodders will be wetting himself. Compensation for a guy many wanted sack. It could only happen at Hibs

Part/Time Supporter
10-02-2011, 08:52 AM
Last week plenty would have welcomed CC leaving. I wonder if people will be so keen to see CC stay if we get beat on sat.

Hibs need another managerial change like the proverbial hole in the head.

What would players that Calderwood has just brought to the club (eg Thornhill) make of him leaving?

Hopefully its a loadypish.

aberhibsfc
10-02-2011, 09:01 AM

:agree:

That and the fact he wanted to be his own man.

hibsbollah
10-02-2011, 09:04 AM

What would players that Calderwood has just brought to the club (eg Thornhill) make of him leaving?

just what i was thinking. Thornhill palson scott all came with the understanding cc would be here. If i was petrie id say 'no chance'.

matty_f
10-02-2011, 09:17 AM
just what i was thinking. Thornhill palson scott all came with the understanding cc would be here. If i was petrie id say 'no chance'.

Same here.

I can't free the board letting him go without a fight, they've just let him start reshaping the team, and I think most fans are behind calderwood to the point where people are feeling more positive about the club. A change now could be catastrophic.

happiehibbie
10-02-2011, 09:22 AM
I think if he wants to go then great I am not impressed with CC the same as as a lot of other people on the site.

I think this is why RP brought in Adams ( pls note CC did not bring him in)

my thoughts are if he does not want to be the hibs manager then fine go I think we have a replacement all ready in place and for all i dont agree with RP i think he has done it again sign a guy get him on a contract then flog him on

marinello59
10-02-2011, 09:26 AM

You mean like any manager or player at any club in Scotland then?

Cheshire Hibee
10-02-2011, 09:37 AM
I think if he wants to go then great I am not impressed with CC the same as as a lot of other people on the site.

I think this is why RP brought in Adams ( pls note CC did not bring him in)

my thoughts are if he does not want to be the hibs manager then fine go I think we have a replacement all ready in place and for all i dont agree with RP i think he has done it again sign a guy get him on a contract then flog him on

I'd be sorry to see CC go he inherited a crock of s**t from Yogi and in the first window has shown he knew were our priorities lay in terms of what was needed in the short term to turn the team round. Hopefully he is already looking ahead to the summer to further strenghten and no doubt he will then concentrate on the defence & attack to complement the midfield players he brought to the club.

Can you honestly see Adams bringing the same level of players to the club no doubt he identified Scott but outside of Scotland I doubt he has the level of player knowledge or contacts that CC has.

CC stated he wanted to be his own man therefore think he may resist any move by WBA to build on what he has started and raise his profile and possibly move own to Championship club in the top tier in a few seasons as a manager, by then he may have passed on some knowledge to Adams to succeed him then.

Wilson
10-02-2011, 09:42 AM
I should imagine CC is feeling a lot more positive about the hibs job now that he has started to mould his own team. Im impressed with his signings and hope he stays to finish the job.

greenlex
10-02-2011, 09:43 AM
I shouldn't worry . The 5live reporter probably is unaware that CC left Newcastle for us and just assumed he took the job here after team Houghton was punted from Newcastle.
Nothing to worry about.

Cropley10
10-02-2011, 09:44 AM
So - Calderwood may need to decide between the SFL and the SPL or the CCC or the EPL...

The next few games will be critical in determining where we'll play our football next season.

But I don't know why everyone's worrying Derek Adams was brought in to succeed Calderwood whenever he went. If that's sooner rather than later at least we're not scrambling around for a new manager.

blackpoolhibs
10-02-2011, 10:37 AM

:agree: £1m compo, get Yogi back for nowt. Petrie will wet his pants at his luck. Everyone's a winner.

Hibernia Na Eir
10-02-2011, 10:50 AM

Why leave a big club like Newcastle Utd to be your own man at HFC and then leave to join WBA as 2nd in command ? (WBA smaller club than Newcastle by miles).

Wouldnt add up.

Not worried in the slightest.

truehibernian
10-02-2011, 10:53 AM
The only concern I see is a family related one. Does CC not still have to travel down south to see his children ?

Can't see it happening, but if it does I also like Derek Adams and he will be particularly good at developing young players too.

It's a story that could develop as they say.

Phil D. Rolls
10-02-2011, 10:58 AM
Couldn't blame him if he walked after some of the rubbish that's been spouted on here. Of course if he goes it will be Petrie's fault for not doing enough to hang onto him, just like it was his fault for bringing him in the first place.

truehibernian
10-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Couldn't blame him if he walked after some of the rubbish that's been spouted on here. Of course if he goes it will be Petrie's fault for not doing enough to hang onto him, just like it was his fault for bringing him in the first place.

I think the comments of both Ian Murray and Derek Riordan would suggest that it will be Hibs' loss completely if we let him go. You don't treat comments like "he is a breath of fresh air" from Ian Murray lightly IMHO......clearly CC has the respect of the dressing room and the players have faith in him and want to do well under him.

Green_one
10-02-2011, 11:35 AM
[QUOTE=Hibernia Na Eir;2731715]Why leave a big club like Newcastle Utd to be your own man at HFC and then leave to join WBA as 2nd in command ? (WBA smaller club than Newcastle by miles).

Wouldnt add up.
QUOTE]

Tend to agree unless Houghton has actually said he is after CC. In which case he will have almost certainly already spoken to him. Petrie will get cash so no problems there. So the whole thing is unlikely but not impossible.

The wonders of supporting Hibs:rolleyes:

Phil D. Rolls
10-02-2011, 11:37 AM
I think the comments of both Ian Murray and Derek Riordan would suggest that it will be Hibs' loss completely if we let him go. You don't treat comments like "he is a breath of fresh air" from Ian Murray lightly IMHO......clearly CC has the respect of the dressing room and the players have faith in him and want to do well under him.

Obviously the jury is still out, I reckon he has what it takes, I'd be upset to see him go.

heretoday
10-02-2011, 11:49 AM
CC has brought in some good players recently and the future looks a bit brighter although the reaction to the St Mirren win was over-the-top to say the least.

It would seem unlike him in the circumstances to jump ship so early after all he's said about being his own man etc.

We don't really know though, do we? Like everyone else in football, if he's offered enough moolah he could be off.:rolleyes:

Jim44
10-02-2011, 12:16 PM
It would be really ironic if CC were to move back down to join Houghton after all the criticism he has had up here. I'm a bit indifferent towards him so I wouldn't lose any sleep if he stays or goes.

joe breezy
10-02-2011, 12:21 PM
It would be really ironic if CC were to move back down to join Houghton after all the criticism he has had up here. I'm a bit indifferent towards him so I wouldn't lose any sleep if he stays or goes.

Same here

silverhibee
10-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Can anyone tell me how long CC had left on his contract at Newcastle before he came to Hibs.

:cgwa :flag: :cgwa

Golden Bear
10-02-2011, 12:28 PM
It's far too early to make a judgement on CC or for that matter Derek Adams.

The players seem happy with him and he does seem to have an eye for a good player (and presumably bad players :wink:)

I'd be sorry to see him leave right now but I honestly think it's a total non story in any case.

BoltonHibee
10-02-2011, 12:29 PM

He was on a pittance at Newcastle...

truehibernian
10-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Can anyone tell me how long CC had left on his contract at Newcastle before he came to Hibs.

:cgwa :flag: :cgwa

Can't be 100% SH, but I think Hughton's contract was up at the end of season 2010/11, so by the laws of averages, CC may have been on the same kind of contract (although I am sure it was Joe Kinnear that brought CC in initially).

I think that was the issue with both Hughton and CC, that Newcastle were stalling on contracts despite their good record at getting them promoted (that and the low transfer budget too)

blackpoolhibs
10-02-2011, 12:41 PM
He was on a pittance at Newcastle...

Hi pal, do you know this guy, i heard something last week that he may want to invest in Hibs?
http://www.j2retailsystems.com/biography.php

Jack
10-02-2011, 12:43 PM
If he goes it will be the last time I reckon he’d ever be considered for a #1 managers job again.

If he goes now the bare facts are that in his time here he has failed spectacularly in a league considered weak by many down south. Any prospective employing chairman would probably be looking for a manager that could turn any squad round. CC has shown that’s not him.

For all we are optimistic (I sense) about our short, medium and long term future the fact is we are, today, far too close to rock bottom for comfort. CC has to stay and fight and prove he’s better than 'one of the others that help the manager'; he’s got to prove himself (again) as a #1.

Greenheart
10-02-2011, 12:49 PM

Oh lets hope so:bye:

GloryGlory
10-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Hi pal, do you know this guy, i heard something last week that he may want to invest in Hibs?
http://www.j2retailsystems.com/biography.php

Who? Moray, Norman, Alexander or Tony?

blackpoolhibs
10-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Who? Moray, Norman, Alexander or Tony?

Him, i heard yesterday he will actually be at the game against Inverness.

joebakerforever
10-02-2011, 01:07 PM
The only concern I see is a family related one. Does CC not still have to travel down south to see his children ?

Can't see it happening, but if it does I also like Derek Adams and he will be particularly good at developing young players too.

It's a story that could develop as they say.

Overriding domestic reasons, if they exist, would probably be the main reason that CC would consider moving to WBA as assistant manager.

Hopefully the usual unfounded speculation by the journos.

Dinkydoo
10-02-2011, 01:13 PM
How ironic would it be for CC to turn round and stick two fingers up at the fans who didn't even give him a chance to build a team before having a go...........

Who now have all presumably changed thier mind after he brought in a few fresh faces and got a win under our belt :greengrin

Not that I'd actually want him to leave; the story seems to be just a bit of lazy journalism anyway.

Jack
10-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Him, i heard yesterday he will actually be at the game against Inverness.

Does he know a season ticket holder?

blackpoolhibs
10-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Does he know a season ticket holder?

I believe he is a season ticket holder.

PaulSmith
10-02-2011, 01:36 PM

Brilliant, just brilliant blaming any potential departure on postings on a Hibs Net.

Supporters should of course have been happy that we won 2 out of 13 games and failed to get past Ayr United. :rolleyes:

Meekel
10-02-2011, 01:38 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9393498.stm

Good bit of news!

GloryGlory
10-02-2011, 01:41 PM

Good bit of news!

So that'll be him away, then! :greengrin :devil:

happiehibbie
10-02-2011, 02:27 PM
I have not changed my mind on him but footie is all about opinions mines is if he stays and does well fantastic if he goes not bothered

if he stays and is not any good I bet your the first to put your two fingers up lol :wink:

--------
10-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Rod Petrie won't sanction any move for CC under any circumstances. Certainly not for any circumstances that don't equate to paying up the rather long contract that he signed. That would handily leave an assitant in charge that CC apparently didn't want, but someone we were looking at for the manager's job.

Diabolically cunning Petrie-plan. :agree:

Sign CC on a fairly long contract, then sign DA as assistant.

Persuade Newcastle to sack Hughton.

When Hughton gets another job and wants his old mate CC to join him, claim massive amounts of compensatory poundses and poundses from the nasty club what's stealing our manager.

CC goes (Much against RP's wishes).

RP announces that due to the aforementioned (entirely unforeseen) chain of events, DA will take over as manager of Hibernian FC immediately....

Simples! :devil:

Rosevillehibby
10-02-2011, 03:05 PM

Phew!

Rosevillehibby
10-02-2011, 03:06 PM

Phew!

ooops already posted I see!!

--------
10-02-2011, 03:10 PM

Phew!

I thought we all wanted rid of him.... :confused:

joe breezy
10-02-2011, 03:14 PM

Good bit of news!

Lots of use of the word YET.

Reading in betweeen the lines, if he gets offered it he will go

stokesmessiah
10-02-2011, 03:36 PM

OMG you just cant make it up....he stresses how much he sees Hibs as an opportunity and he is staying and somewhere in there you pick up that he is going??

Only on.....:hnet:

Leithenhibby
10-02-2011, 03:36 PM

Just like when Alex McLeish said exactly the same thing after we won the 1st division in front of 16,500 fans...

:faf::faf::na na: Never going to happen though ...

FitbaFolkKen
10-02-2011, 04:31 PM
A few weeks ago around 70% on here wanted him emptied . Now cos we have won 1 game this year he should stay. Personally not really that fussed if he goes. Remember his son is still in Northampton so the midlands might well be appealing. Rodders will be wetting himself. Compensation for a guy many wanted sack. It could only happen at Hibs

Bobby Williamson...how we managed to get money for him is still a mystery to me!:confused:

Golden Bear
10-02-2011, 04:35 PM

I'm not reading between the lines and the message is quite CLEAR.

He's staying.

ancienthibby
10-02-2011, 04:43 PM

He's staying.

:top marks

I agree and I am growing in confidence about our new manager.

He has already proved:
that he's unflappable;
that he's unfazed by the negative crap surrounding Hibs;
that he knows his own mind and game plan;
that he's fair with players;
that he can sign better quality than we've had;
and
that we might just have a real quality manager in the making.:agree:

On you go, son!!:agree:

sesoim
10-02-2011, 05:16 PM
If he goes it will be the last time I reckon he’d ever be considered for a #1 managers job again.

If he goes now the bare facts are that in his time here he has failed spectacularly in a league considered weak by many down south. Any prospective employing chairman would probably be looking for a manager that could turn any squad round. CC has shown that’s not him.

For all we are optimistic (I sense) about our short, medium and long term future the fact is we are, today, far too close to rock bottom for comfort. CC has to stay and fight and prove he’s better than 'one of the others that help the manager'; he’s got to prove himself (again) as a #1.

:agree: Some good points. Quite a few people hear have suddenly had their head turned by one win - at home to St Mirren ffs. Pretty embarassing really. As things stand, he has a shocking record at the club. If we lose at home to Killie or Hamilton, no doubt a few of these poeple will change their mind again.

I've always felt CC was a poor appointment and I think it WOULD be better if he left, but only if the Hibs board can get it right with the next appointment. And unfortunately I have NO confidence in them doing that.

So for the moment, if he does stay, I hope CC can get things right for all our sakes.

sesoim
10-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Why leave a big club like Newcastle Utd to be your own man at HFC and then leave to join WBA as 2nd in command ? (WBA smaller club than Newcastle by miles).

Wouldnt add up.

Not worried in the slightest.

Maybe he knows that if Hibs were to lose their next couple of games he would be out of a job anyway? If would certainly be hard for him to get a job if he got Hibs relegated.

Just a suggestion - let's hope it doesn't come to all that!

truehibernian
10-02-2011, 05:28 PM
The man has won promotions with each of the three teams he has managed or been assistant manager. All in the space of less than 8 years.

His record, whether some like it or not, simply blows Mixu, Hughes and Collins (who I rate) away.

CC is as good an appointment as the club is likely to make. He WILL turn things around, I am 100% confident of that.

We really need to learn some degree of patience. :agree:

Melvin Hibs
10-02-2011, 05:44 PM
:top marksI could not agree more!
The man has won promotions with each of the three teams he has managed or been assistant manager. All in the space of less than 8 years.

His record, whether some like it or not, simply blows Mixu, Hughes and Collins (who I rate) away.

CC is as good an appointment as the club is likely to make. He WILL turn things around, I am 100% confident of that.

Golden Bear
10-02-2011, 06:01 PM
He's being interviewed on Radio Scotland tonight - sometime between 6pm and 7pm. From the prelude to the interview CC is quite adamant that he'll be staying at ER.

superfurryhibby
10-02-2011, 06:04 PM
I would be surprised to see CC go, regardless of how close his relationship with Houghton is. He is the main man here and to go back to being a number two would surely be hard?

What I find amusing is the absolute nonsense suggested by some that posters on Hibs net could influence his choice:faf:Talk about blame culture going mad.

With regard to the fans. I don't recall any chants directed against Calderwood. The odd tube shouting, sure, but even then it's rare. When a team are as pish as we are then it's only natural that people respond with emotion and question WTF is going on. Most Hibs fans I know realise that the malaise at the club runs a hell of a lot deeper than Calderwoods managerial acumen.

IWasThere2016
10-02-2011, 06:17 PM

I agree and I am growing in confidence about our new manager.

He has already proved:
that he's unflappable;
that he's unfazed by the negative crap surrounding Hibs;
that he knows his own mind and game plan;
that he's fair with players;
that he can sign better quality than we've had;
and
that we might just have a real quality manager in the making.:agree:

On you go, son!!:agree:

:thumbsup:

Disclaimer: TQM reserves the right to a u-turn in the event of the Hibs failing in a Barca-style 5-0 slaughtering of Killie on Saturday :wink:

James70
10-02-2011, 06:17 PM
He has just signed 6 players for us, the first opportunity he has had to bring in his own men. Why would anyone want him to leave now or be happy to see him go?

He has addressed the problem that Yogi highlighted but did damn all about.
OK, it has only been one game but everyone on here has been in agreement that the change in attitude of the team on the park has been dramatic.

What we need now to save our season and SPL status is stability and if CC leaves it can only be bad news for our club.

Peevemor
10-02-2011, 06:18 PM
He has just signed 6 players for us, the first opportunity he has had to bring in his own men. Why would anyone want him to leave now or be happy to see him go?

He has addressed the problem that Yogi highlighted but did damn all about.
OK, it has only been one game but everyone on here has been in agreement that the change in attitude of the team on the park has been dramatic.

What we need now to save our season and SPL status is stability and if CC leaves it can only be bad news for our club.
:agree:

basehibby
10-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Changing manager AGAIN at this stage would be disastrous IMO so I'm glad CC has come out and stated his intention to remain at ER. The jury's still out as to whether he's got 'it' or not - the win vs St Midden was encouraging but one swallow doesn't make a summer. His signings are looking promising though and he really does deserve a proper crack at the whip now he's got his stamp on the team - so there's no way I'd like to see CC moving anywhere at the mo.

NB - would also be very surprised if CC wanted to go into an assistants job anyway - surely a backwards step - EPL or no.

matty_f
10-02-2011, 07:03 PM

:top marks This.

The difference has been notable since his own signings have arrived, and I include the performance in the 0-3 loss to Utd in that.

smurf
10-02-2011, 07:31 PM
You mean like any manager or player at any club in Scotland then?

No. Wrong.

Worldwide.:wink:

Did i say anything different?

jabis
10-02-2011, 08:07 PM
I have not changed my mind on him but footie is all about opinions mines is if he stays and does well fantastic if he goes not bothered

if he stays and is not any good I bet your the first to put your two fingers up lol :wink:

as far as opinions go,I've alway's been of the OPINION,that stadium announcers are like politicions,anyone who wants to be one should be terminated from the gene pool.
Sorry to go off on one,but you do spout.......(in my humble opinion)
How did the interview go,by the way ?

NotoriousLor
10-02-2011, 08:26 PM

Once, that's how many times the word yet is used in that piece.

Beefster
10-02-2011, 08:36 PM
:agree: Some good points. Quite a few people hear have suddenly had their head turned by one win - at home to St Mirren ffs. Pretty embarassing really. As things stand, he has a shocking record at the club. If we lose at home to Killie or Hamilton, no doubt a few of these poeple will change their mind again.

I've always felt CC was a poor appointment and I think it WOULD be better if he left, but only if the Hibs board can get it right with the next appointment. And unfortunately I have NO confidence in them doing that.

So for the moment, if he does stay, I hope CC can get things right for all our sakes.

Football fans are notorously fickle and it is astonishing how many folk have changed their mind, either way, based on one or two games.

What's equally embarrassing though are Hibs fans who have never given Calderwood a chance and seem to delight in taking every possible opportunity to trash the current Hibs manager's reputation.

Son_Of_Anarchy
10-02-2011, 10:01 PM
In my mind, if CC even has unofficial talks over the phone if or when hughton gets WBA job then it makes it clear he has no interest in staying at hibs, and i dont want a manager or player who doesnt want to be here as they not perform to the best of there ability, and the ability he has shown up to now has not been great ! albeit with a bad squad of players, yes he seems to have a decent eye for a player, but we are yet to see if he can motivate them as a team.

i know he said on bbc site he is not interested, but how many times have we seen players or managers saying this in the press only to be on their way the next again week.

i dont want him to leave yet but i also wouldnt be very upset if he did end up leaving, yes he beat st mirren last week, but i would have expected any manager who has been here a few months no matter how bad the squad to be able to get a result against a bad st mirren team, other results and performances tho have been very uninspiring.
I have not decided if he is or is not good enough yet,if he stays then time will tell if he is upto the job. the next month will be vital in telling this.

does he have another 3 years after this? and how much compo would we roughly be looking at if he were to leave?

snooky
11-02-2011, 12:33 AM

Aye, that's how I'm reading it.
"Yet" (that old weasel clause)
GJP, Mogga, _ _ ? (Fill in the blank - double letters allowed)

1875godsgift
11-02-2011, 01:07 AM

Nice one mate, in so many respects that's one of the most negative posts possible, but that's your perogative!
Personally, I would love him to stay, I think he has the mindset to push us forward, but as you say, maybe the Hibs board could get it right with the next appointment.
Perhaps you could enlightnent us with your thoughts on the next manager who could take us further?

J-C
11-02-2011, 02:09 AM
Must admit I wasn't overly impressed with his first 3 months in the job, the fact he couldn't get any of the players left to him to even up their game was indeed very depressing. Like many, we all expected an upturn by some of the players, especially when a new guy takes charge but in his case, it was the same old guff on the park.

We all assumed we had by comparison to other teams a no bad squad, a suad that should've been in the top 6, we all also assumed Yogi was mainly to blame, due to the rumours about his management style. Hence I think we were all a bit disheartened when CC couldn't even get a stirring from any of the players and the team looked even worse than under Yogi.

CC comes over very dour, I don't know if that's his way to the media or is he like that all the time but his mannerisms don't inspire me with confidence. I was all for giving him a chance to prove me wrong but if he 's even thinking about going, then get going quick CC as your tenure here hasn't exactly been exhilerating stuff has it.

There was stories of unrest after promotion with his 2 English clubs, and fans weren't exactly clambering to keep him, maybe there's something in that and CC just isn't cut out to be a head coach/manager.

legends of 73
11-02-2011, 06:35 AM
There was stories of unrest after promotion with his 2 English clubs, and fans weren't exactly clambering to keep him, maybe there's something in that and CC just isn't cut out to be a head coach/manager.

Exactly there were STORIES when are you going to stop believing the guff people tell you in the back of your taxi and who do you want as manager enlighten me.:confused::confused:

Duffys13
11-02-2011, 08:44 AM

I don't think we need to worry anymore as according to Talksport, Houghton will not be taking the West Brom job as he cannot get the backroom staff he wanted. Hodgson is now favourite. They are blaming the club for telling Houghton who his assistant will be. Sounds familiar if you beleive some of the stuff we have read on here previously.

bighairyfaeleith
11-02-2011, 09:09 AM
Exactly there were STORIES when are you going to stop believing the guff people tell you in the back of your taxi and who do you want as manager enlighten me.:confused::confused:

your profile picture interests me:agree:

greenlex
11-02-2011, 09:25 AM
I don't think we need to worry anymore as according to Talksport, Houghton will not be taking the West Brom job as he cannot get the backroom satff he wanted. Hodgson is now favourite. They are blaming the club for telling Houghton who his assistant will be. Sounds familiar if you beleive some of the stuff we have read on here previously.
Maybe he wanted Calderwood but Calderwood said he was happy where he was? :wink:

Keith_M
11-02-2011, 09:58 AM

It is indeed, he uses the phrase 'at the minute' three times. Whilst I'm convinced that's a made up expression (at the moment?), it hardly inspires confidence.

Still, I expect he's got 'unfinished business' at Hibs :wink:

mrdependable
11-02-2011, 10:32 AM
Roy Hodgson just been appointed as WBA manager (sky sports)

derekHFC
11-02-2011, 10:37 AM

That'll be that rumour blown out the water then :taxi

M11BMO
11-02-2011, 10:45 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_bromwich_albion/9391291.stm

Duffys13
11-02-2011, 10:56 AM
Maybe he wanted Calderwood but Calderwood said he was happy where he was? :wink:

I would like to hope so, or the Tash demanded a crazy fee for releasing him!!!. I actually reckon there might be truth in the part about West Brom telling Houghton who his assistant would be. Surely, you would not rule yourself out a job just because you couldn't persuade your old buddy to join up with you? You would just go for someone else would you not.

Greenblood70
11-02-2011, 11:04 AM

Good, upheaval at this stage of the season is the last thing we need. I'm looking forward to seeing Calderwood develop the team of youngsters he has.

Skanko79
11-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Is that not Roy Hodgsons 4000th job in management. guy has been about.

Part/Time Supporter
11-02-2011, 11:53 AM
It is indeed, he uses the phrase 'at the minute' three times. Whilst I'm convinced that's a made up expression (at the moment?), it hardly inspires confidence.

I think you can see now the implication of what he said was "hold your horses, Hughton hasn't got the job yet", rather than stalling for time.

The "truth" about West Brom telling Hughton who his backroom staff would be is that West Brom have a director of football (Dan Ashworth) who they wanted to keep irrespective of the managerial change.

http://www.ex-canaries.co.uk/players/ashworth-dan.htm

scott7_0(Prague)
11-02-2011, 12:40 PM
Is that not Roy Hodgsons 4000th job in management. guy has been about.

Not quite 4000th but not far away...

1971–1972 Maidstone United Assistant Coach
1976 Carshalton Athletic
1976–1980 Halmstad
1980–1982 Bristol City
1982 Oddevold
1983–1985 Örebro
1985–1990 Malmö FF
1990–1992 Neuchâtel Xamax
1992–1995 Switzerland
1995–1997 Internazionale
1997–1998 Blackburn Rovers
1999 Internazionale
1999–2000 Grasshopper
2000–2001 FC Copenhagen
2001 Udinese
2002–2004 United Arab Emirates
2004–2005 Viking
2006–2007 Finland
2007–2010 Fulham
2010–2011 Liverpool
2011– West Bromwich Albion

J-C
11-02-2011, 01:53 PM

Not in the taxi but someone did post a link to the Notts F fans forum and they didn't have a lot of good things to say about him after promotion.

I'm happy with CC, the interview was a bit vague and he could've been a bit more forthright re his position at ER. It would've been nice to here him say he has no interest moving fom Hibs as he's only just begun the task of building a team here.

I like many others were surprised he didn't get a wee lift from the players when he took over, but you can't polish a turd and he realised this was the case. He has a big job ahead and good luck to him, it's actually good to have someone not associated to Hibs in charge and he can look at the job more with his head and less with his heart.

Hibby Kay-Yay
11-02-2011, 02:48 PM
I thought the response to cc being appointed was the win at ibrox? Maybe I imagined that...

J-C
11-02-2011, 03:32 PM
I thought the response to cc being appointed was the win at ibrox? Maybe I imagined that...

It was only 1 game out of quite a few, unfortunately the players he inherited are a bunch of wage thieves except 3-4, I don't think he realised this was going to be the case when he took over. Just look what pa Broon has done at Aberdeen, crap under Mcgoo but he's managed to get a few responses fron them, there was nothing at first to suggest CC couldn't do the same, unfortunately a different group of players at ER.

Arch Stanton
11-02-2011, 03:53 PM
Not in the taxi but someone did post a link to the Notts F fans forum and they didn't have a lot of good things to say about him after promotion.

I'm happy with CC, the interview was a bit vague and he could've been a bit more forthright re his position at ER. It would've been nice to here him say he has no interest moving fom Hibs as he's only just begun the task of building a team here.

I like many others were surprised he didn't get a wee lift from the players when he took over, but you can't polish a turd and he realised this was the case. He has a big job ahead and good luck to him, it's actually good to have someone not associated to Hibs in charge and he can look at the job more with his head and less with his heart.

If CC gets us established as a decent top 6 team next season then there will be a fair number of posters criticising his ability and the board's ambition if we are not splitting the Old Firm - that's what fans' forums are all about.

As for the interview, I would say it was clumsy rather than vague. He made two points - the first was that he was staying at Hibs and the second was that Hughton hadn't been appointed by WBA (i.e. the question put to him was meaningless).

Someone more astute at answering questions would have realised that the second point didn't need to be made and only obscured things - made him sound vague I guess you could say.

RickyS
11-02-2011, 04:21 PM
It was only 1 game out of quite a few, unfortunately the players he inherited are a bunch of wage thieves except 3-4, I don't think he realised this was going to be the case when he took over. Just look what pa Broon has done at Aberdeen, crap under Mcgoo but he's managed to get a few responses fron them, there was nothing at first to suggest CC couldn't do the same, unfortunately a different group of players at ER.

Kaiser1962
12-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Someone more astute at answering questions would have realised that the second point didn't need to be made and only obscured things - made him sound vague I guess you could say.

Had it been an interview with John Reid then I am pretty sure every phrase would be required to be analysed to the n'th degree to find it's true meaning and forensically taken apart letter by letter to establish not just what he said, but what he didnt say.

It wasnt though, it was with Colin Calderwood. And it does just what it says on the tin.

Phil D. Rolls
12-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Ha ha Calderwood, so you thought you were going to West Brom and when you didn't get you realised you would have to start producing the goods? I hope you are linked with Barcelona soon. :na na:

Springbank
12-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Not quite 4000th but not far away...

1971–1972 Maidstone United Assistant Coach
1976 Carshalton Athletic
1976–1980 Halmstad
1980–1982 Bristol City
1982 Oddevold
1983–1985 Örebro
1985–1990 Malmö FF
1990–1992 Neuchâtel Xamax
1992–1995 Switzerland