PDA

View Full Version : Free Tickets from Hibs - Great Offer (Green Day - Get Your Tickets Here)

PaulSmith
09-02-2011, 04:32 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110209/green-day_2262950_2289451

Basically, every ST holder is able to nominate another Hibs fan for a free ticket

Gatecrasher
09-02-2011, 04:36 PM
:top marks

CMac1988
09-02-2011, 04:37 PM
Outstanding offer. :thumbsup:

If we play our part then hopefully we'll be able to fill most of the stadium.

:cgwa

zlatan
09-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Right, who's getting me a freebie then?

And my nephew, dad, sister, mate and hamster?

Cocaine&Caviar
09-02-2011, 04:40 PM
I thought we had about 11,000 ST holders? In theory there could be 22,000 with tickets, which is more than capacity, and would leave no room for away fans or walk ups. Wont happen of course.

Bobby's Cinema
09-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Should give a decent indication into how much free tickets impact on the crowds.

Brilliant offer :aok:

Gus Fring
09-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Brilliant Offer :thumbsup:

CMac1988
09-02-2011, 04:46 PM
I thought we had about 11,000 ST holders? In theory there could be 22,000 with tickets, which is more than capacity, and would leave no room for away fans or walk ups. Wont happen of course.

Would be great if we could get enough to allow half the of the south to be opened.

HibeeSince85
09-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Great offer from Hibs again!

Anyone else think they are trying to make up with us:greengrin

hibeenicol
09-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Great offer by the club:thumbsup:

Shows that they do listen.

:cgwa:cgwa

Riordans Boots
09-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Brilliant from the Club :thumbsup::flag:

DaveF
09-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Great idea and good way to get these nominated lapsed supporters onto an updated database for future marketing \ incentives.

HibbyAndy
09-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Top class Hibs :aok:

Alex1875
09-02-2011, 05:10 PM
as the person you choose to give the ticket to cant actually sit with you unless the seat next to you is empty.. AND your not allowed to ask for your season ticket seat to be relocated for that game!

.Sean.
09-02-2011, 05:10 PM
What a fantastic initiative.

Superb stuff Hibs. Well done :top marks

.Sean.
09-02-2011, 05:13 PM
as the person you choose to give the ticket to cant actually sit with you unless the seat next to you is empty.. AND your not allowed to ask for your season ticket seat to be relocated for that game!
:rolleyes:

A free ticket is a free ticket, surely this scheme will encourages more folk to attend so I personally can't see where the problem lies.

FranckSuzy
09-02-2011, 05:14 PM

There's always one :rolleyes: :wink:

hibee_girl
09-02-2011, 05:15 PM
A great idea from Hibs :thumbsup:

Probably won't take my son due to not getting a seat near mine but I'm sure my uncle won't mind sitting on his own for free :greengrin

Jack
09-02-2011, 05:15 PM
Great idea, you'd have thought it! :confused:

Great that the [season ticket] support is being rewarded; and the “importance of the Hibs 12th Man cannot be underestimated” that’ll be everyone getting behind the team, not just the current Singing Section in the East :cgwa but get yourselves a Singing Section in the West :na na: and the Famous Five :na na: or the East Singing Section :cgwa might be paying you a visit! :devil:

frazeHFC
09-02-2011, 05:17 PM
It had better not be a sellout, loud atmosphere, 5-0 win. :rolleyes:

I hope it is a crappy attendance, quiet, 1-0 scrappy win. :devil:

Because it is the first home game in ages i am missing.

But great offer none the less. :aok:

Albanian Hibs
09-02-2011, 05:21 PM

:yawn: your comment is pointless

Great move Hibs. I can't wait to get my free ticket and my Dad has a seat free right beside him :cgwa

NYHibby
09-02-2011, 05:26 PM
This is a great idea. Unfortunately I am already going to the FC Köln game.

Cabbage East
09-02-2011, 05:30 PM

You're pointless son.

blairwallace
09-02-2011, 05:36 PM
i'll like to nominate sir tom farmer to get his ass to ER and cheer on his (literal) team :greengrin

The Voice Of Reason
09-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Great stuff from the club - a massive "well done" to all concerned. :thumbsup:

Lets hope a lot of ST Holders take the club up on this offer :agree:

HTID (Hibs Till I Die).

Johnny_Leith
09-02-2011, 05:56 PM
:flag:Great stuff Hibs, its up to us now to make sure ER is a sell out in the home end

RoYO!
09-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Think thisll be interesting to see how many turn up.

There was a thread earlier on in the season about reducing ticket prices to get a bigger crowd. So if it is lacklustre numbers for the game- pretty much not selling out the ground, then that's prob the death nell of the 'reduce prices to increase crowd' argument.

We'll also get an idea about how many hibbees there are that can be bothered to turn up.

Get along to the ground. Get behind the team.

Removed
09-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Great initiative :thumbsup:

One question though - I know it says "every" but are concession ST holders (student, child, disabled,oap) able to do this as well and introduce anyone?

Mikey
09-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Don't forget folks, this isn't just going to happen itself.

YOU have to find someone to bring along.

YOU have to pass the details onto the club and get the ticket.

A lot of fans have drifted away over the last couple of years. This is YOUR chance to help get those people back.

Don't leave it to someone else :wink:

KeithTheHibby
09-02-2011, 06:52 PM
Great gesture Hibs and not limited to concession season tickets.

I just need to find 3 select people to offer the tickets to now!

Speedy
09-02-2011, 07:10 PM
Good to see Hibs are following my suggestions :greengrin

(Only joking but I did mention this on the reduced gate prices thread)

BEEJ
09-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Some excellent marketing initiatives emerging from the club of late.

Well done to those concerned.

:flag:

iwasthere1972
09-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Top class Hibs :aok:

Hi. Love all the posts you make.

From one non-season ticket holder to a season ticket holder. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Can we not organize something on here, putting season ticket holders in touch with non season ticket holders? :dunno:

Saorsa
09-02-2011, 07:37 PM
as the person you choose to give the ticket to cant actually sit with you unless the seat next to you is empty.. AND your not allowed to ask for your season ticket seat to be relocated for that game!:rolleyes:

Saorsa
09-02-2011, 07:38 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110209/green-day_2262950_2289451

Basically, every ST holder is able to nominate another Hibs fan for a free ticket:thumbsup: :flag: :thumbsup:

well done Hibs :agree: :top marks

Removed
09-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Can we not organize something on here, putting season ticket holders in touch with non season ticket holders? :dunno:

The more intelligent ones have pm'd me already :greengrin

That's my 3 ordered :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
09-02-2011, 07:45 PM

:thumbsup: I'll take one (if I can get the day off) :wink:

Speedy
09-02-2011, 07:48 PM

Likewise. If anyone has a spare nomination give me a PM.

Edit: If anyone has 2 nominations then that would be even better(although I'm more than happy to sit on my own)

CallumLaidlaw
09-02-2011, 08:06 PM

Hope we can get folk that wouldn't be paying at the gate anyway.
Would be great to get 20,000

FranckSuzy
09-02-2011, 08:14 PM
The more intelligent ones have pm'd me already :greengrin

That's my 3 ordered :thumbsup:

Aye, but I didnae want to sit by you :na na: :greengrin

hibee92
09-02-2011, 08:15 PM
Brilliant idea! :thumbsup::top marks:cgwa

Mikey
09-02-2011, 08:20 PM

The cogs are turning :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2011, 08:22 PM

:greengrin Done my bit now. :agree:

Removed
09-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Aye, but I didnae want to sit by you :na na: :greengrin

You never complained the last time :wink:

..................but there again you had a better offer :faf:

Jones28
09-02-2011, 08:24 PM

Which is why you do the sensible thing and sit in 2 empty seats, its a brilliant offer -no doubt- but its still not going to fill the stadium agains ICT

FranckSuzy
09-02-2011, 08:25 PM
You never complained the last time :wink:

Aye, but there was drink involved then :greengrin I was also hoping that Eric might pick on you instead :faf:

lyonhibs
09-02-2011, 08:31 PM
I thought the Hibs board were purely after the bottom line, didn't give a flying fig about the fans, ran the football purely as a business, etc etc etc?? :confused:

This is the latest in a long line - they've had more of those extra "Family Days" in the FF Lower in the past season than in the 10 (??) seasons beforehand - of incentives/cheaper kids tickets/giving something back to the fans that have been coming more to the fore in the past 12 months or so.

Well done the board :thumbsup::worms:

GGTTH

Chuck Rhoades
09-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Thats mine ordered! Bring on the sell out!

Removed
09-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Which is why you do the sensible thing and sit in 2 empty seats, its a brilliant offer -no doubt- but its still not going to fill the stadium agains ICT

Any ST holder who hears about this and doesn't do it needs to have a long hard look in the mirror imo.

I think it's a clever option and anyone reading this should be telling their ST holding mates to ensure they send an email in. We all must know someone who has stopped coming for whatever reason. Lets fill the ground, I don't see any reason why we can't if we ALL play our part.

jakki
09-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Anytwo want to nominate me but I'll need 2 tickets as I need a helper.(He's a good hibee and we're both already on the database):thumbsup:

Please PM if you can help. Thank you

Jakki

now sorted out

Speedy
09-02-2011, 08:53 PM
I thought the Hibs board were purely after the bottom line, didn't give a flying fig about the fans, ran the football purely as a business, etc etc etc?? :confused:

This is the latest in a long line - they've had more of those extra "Family Days" in the FF Lower in the past season than in the 10 (??) seasons beforehand - of incentives/cheaper kids tickets/giving something back to the fans that have been coming more to the fore in the past 12 months or so.

Well done the board :thumbsup::worms:

GGTTH

I agree that this is a very good idea and a good gesture by the club and I know you are just having a dig at those who slag the board but it is about the bottom line. Companies don't hand out free samples because it makes them feel good.

More people will come along, this freebie may result in more coming back which means more revenue.

It's a very good idea and imo the best way to make money is to make the customers feel like they're getting a good deal. This does that, as you say Well done the board :thumbsup:

Mango Man
09-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Any spare nominations going then please do get in touch.

BroxburnHibee
09-02-2011, 09:02 PM
I've got 3 but I'm asking about before I offer them on here.

Mikey
09-02-2011, 09:12 PM

I think this thread is looking after itself really.

If you can offer a free ticket to someone then post it up on this thread. If someone takes you up on it just edit the thread so that others can see that it's gone.

It can be done by PM, on this thread, or wherever.

Let's get as many people along as possible.

:hibees

Sir David Gray
09-02-2011, 09:13 PM
This is an excellent move by the club. :agree:

Although I probably won't be in a position to take up either this or the shirt printing offer that was made yesterday, this type of thing has been long overdue.

The one thing I don't agree with is that it states that the season ticket holder is responsible for the person that they nominate for a ticket.

Surely if the nominee is an adult, they are solely responsible for how they conduct themselves in a public place?

No-one else should be held accountable, in my opinion, and since the nominee's personal details have to be given to the club at the outset, surely if they are involved in any unruly behaviour at this game, their details can be easily taken off the database on a permanent basis and they will be subsequently banned from attending any Hibs games in the future, without any need for reprimanding the season ticket holder.

SRHibs
09-02-2011, 09:16 PM
If anyone wants to nominate me for one then it'd be massively appreciated. Just can't afford to go at the moment unfortunately.

Send me a PM if you're willing. :greengrin:flag:

smurf
09-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Excellent initiative from our club.

Well done to Chairman Rod Petrie and the rest of the board.

KinchHibee
09-02-2011, 09:49 PM
PM me if you want my 'nomination' :greengrin

first come first serve :aok:

EDIT: Gone!

seanraff07
09-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Fantastic Hibs, good to see the board thinking of ways to increase the numbers at ER.

Gonna get my auld man a ticket.:thumbsup:

HibeeDaz6270
09-02-2011, 10:09 PM
My dad and brothers birthdays are at the end of febraury ( both ex season ticket holders but drifted away due to work commitments) so anyone who can help with 2-4 tickets would be saving me from buying birthday presents:greengrin mail me if you can help! thanks in advance.

mim
09-02-2011, 10:12 PM
After the two 1-1 draws against ICT and Hamilton in September, I swore not to go back until things changed drastically.

With the recent additions to our midfield, I'm now of the mind that it might be worth going back for another look.

If any season ticket holder would care to nominate me, drop me a pm and I'll give you my details.

Ta. :wink:

edit: I'm sorted. Thanks to marinello59 .....and also to others that have offered.

stoneyburn hibs
09-02-2011, 10:16 PM
any kind season ticket holders can p.m. me if they wish , i will be a pay at the gate with my laddie for this game, but wouldnt knock back a freebie :greengrin

legends of 73
09-02-2011, 10:21 PM
i wish they had told us about this last week it would have saved me buying danderhall hibs a birthday present now he's getting 2 gifts from me:grr::grr:

great idea from hibs lets get as many there as possible

:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa

matty_f
09-02-2011, 11:04 PM
i wish they had told us about this last week it would have saved me buying danderhall hibs a birthday present now he's getting 2 gifts from me:grr::grr:

great idea from hibs lets get as many there as possible

:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa

:tee hee:

Cheshire Hibee
10-02-2011, 01:26 AM
Happy to take a seat in the East if any ST would like to encourage me to travel up from Cheshire and join the other Lancs Hibs bampots who will be there. Did intend to travel up but happy to save some money. :thumbsup:

Woody1985
10-02-2011, 08:42 AM
Great idea by the club and actively gets st holders involved in the offer, I suspect it will mean less friction than if it was reduced prices and the cost of st's becomes an issue.

Cheers to billy as well. :greengrin

I really just replied to this to bump it.* hopes it's not a sticky *

blackpoolhibs
10-02-2011, 09:41 AM
Happy to take a seat in the East if any ST would like to encourage me to travel up from Cheshire and join the other Lancs Hibs bampots who will be there. Did intend to travel up but happy to save some money. :thumbsup:

We are on the 10.58am from preston, 18.12 coming back. Boltonhibs booked his yesterday, £33 return i think he said for a day return. If he'd only booked it before xmas like me, it was £11.40. :tee hee: If you need a ticket i can get you one. PM me if with your details and i will send it off for you.

Gary.

IFONLY
10-02-2011, 09:58 AM
My dad and brothers birthdays are at the end of febraury ( both ex season ticket holders but drifted away due to work commitments) so anyone who can help with 2-4 tickets would be saving me from buying birthday presents:greengrin mail me if you can help! thanks in advance.

Scrooge wouldnae get a look in wi you around

iwasthere1972
10-02-2011, 12:45 PM

I'll take one too please. I have the day off. :wink:

GreenCastle
10-02-2011, 01:06 PM
Great work Hibs again :top marks

In a short space of time we have the shirt offer and now the ticket offer.

Just the type of deals that should happen over a season as a thank you to fans for their efforts.

Will be interesting to see how many fans we get for the game - how much of the South Stand will be filled..

hibeeleicester
10-02-2011, 03:28 PM
If anybody is giving away 2 i'd make the trip up for this game!

iwasthere1972
10-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Still waiting on that pm. :wink:

frazeHFC
10-02-2011, 03:56 PM
:brickwall Trust it to happen on the game i miss. I have a season ticket but will be gutted if i miss a full capacity crowd match:grr:

KWJ
10-02-2011, 04:44 PM
Would love a ticket if somebody has a nomination spare :agree:

Been to the last 2 home games and would probably go to this anyway but always nice to have a freebie.

DH1875
10-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Would love a ticket if somebody has a nomination spare :agree:

Me too :thumbsup:.

3pm
10-02-2011, 06:39 PM
If anyone wants 'nominated' drop me a PM. No probs.

reservoir hibee
10-02-2011, 07:13 PM
im a day off on saturday so would be up for it

anybody want to get me a return flight from auckland????

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

no been to a game for ages!!!:flag:

Jack
10-02-2011, 07:16 PM
im a day off on saturday so would be up for it

anybody want to get me a return flight from auckland????

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

no been to a game for ages!!!:flag:

Anyone but you matey! ;-)

reservoir hibee
10-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Anyone but you matey! ;-)

:-(

i miss going to games!!!

i miss tamsons and the 4!!!!

if/when i get back for a game its gonna be weird to see everybody again and not recognise 1 player and a new stand/management team....

look forward to my first game back though

gonna make it a bit of a party day

sboothibs
10-02-2011, 07:24 PM
My Sons birthday is on 21st and he and his 2 mates + Me would love 2 be there ( we both are ex season ticket holders but could not afford it this season just walk ups at the moment). So if anyone can help with 2-4 tickets would be saving my skin and it would be a great birthday present:greengrin mail me if you can help! thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

If any season ticket holder would care to nominate us i will pass on the details. :hibees

sahib
10-02-2011, 07:44 PM
All this says to me is that my custom, as a walk up fan is no longer wanted, so F. em, I wont be going back. That will leave lots of room for the season ticket holders ( many of them posted missing from the cat B games I have been at)
and their pals.

3pm
10-02-2011, 07:49 PM
If anyone wants 'nominated' drop me a PM. No probs.

Deano88 has claimed mine.

iwasthere1972
10-02-2011, 07:52 PM

Deano88 just pm'd me to say he can't make it that day and to pass the ticket onto me.

Honest guv. :agree:

3pm
10-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Deano88 just pm'd me to say he can't make it that day and to pass the ticket onto me.

You still needing one?

iwasthere1972
10-02-2011, 08:01 PM
You still needing one?

:agree:

If I don't get one then I'll do the decent thing and pay at the gate.

3pm
10-02-2011, 08:10 PM

If I don't get one then I'll do the decent thing and pay at the gate.

I should be able to sort you both out. If Deano and you check your PM's around 1pm tomorrow we'll get the ball rolling!

Speedy
10-02-2011, 08:16 PM

http://andymaslen.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/pants-on-fire.jpg

:greengrin

iwasthere1972
10-02-2011, 08:16 PM
I should be able to sort you both out. If Deano and you check your PM's around 1pm tomorrow we'll get the ball rolling!

Much appreciated.

:aok:

iwasthere1972
10-02-2011, 08:17 PM
http://andymaslen.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/pants-on-fire.jpg

That's pants. :greengrin

ronaldo7
10-02-2011, 08:41 PM
That's another two attending:cgwa

Deek9
10-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Guys, me and my son are recently lapsed ST holders. I've got the promise of 1 free ticket but would appreciate if anyone could offer 1 more for both of us to be able to go. PM me if possible.
Cheers!

Deek9
10-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Guys, me and my son are recently lapsed ST holders. I've got the promise of 1 free ticket but would appreciate if anyone could offer 1 more for both of us to be able to go. Heard good things about the new signings last week. PM me if possible.
Cheers!

Captain Trips
10-02-2011, 09:20 PM
I said I wasnt going back this season as I didnt feel that I wanted to contribute to the wages of some of the players, however..........................................: greengrin

If anyone wishes to allow me the opportunity to go along then I would of course be delighted, I would like to take my partner to a match so I will brass neck it for 2 tickets but I guess having them together maybe the problem.

PM if you can help, HT pie and bovril would be on me :greengrin

Speedy
10-02-2011, 09:28 PM
I said I wasnt going back this season as I didnt feel that I wanted to contribute to the wages of some of the players, however..........................................: greengrin

If anyone wishes to allow me the opportunity to go along then I would of course be delighted, I would like to take my partner to a match so I will brass neck it for 2 tickets but I guess having them together maybe the problem.

PM if you can help, HT pie and bovril would be on me :greengrin

It says something about sending the application for 2 tickets together on the one email. So you'll presumably need to find a couple of season ticket holders that know each other and get one of them to send the email.

Captain Trips
10-02-2011, 09:30 PM
It says something about sending the application for 2 tickets together on the one email. So you'll presumably need to find a couple of season ticket holders that know each other and get one of them to send the email.

Cheers

TowerHibs
11-02-2011, 07:58 AM
I would love a nomination f there are still some going!!!

Cheeky wee PM would be great if someone can offer me a ticket

Keith_M
11-02-2011, 08:08 AM

I wondered how long it would take. Actually, three posts, that entitles me to say

LTYF!

BOGOF!

Keith_M
11-02-2011, 08:16 AM
I think this is a fantastic idea and kudos to the club. This exact idea was suggested by another poster on here quite recently, so the club ARE listening.

However, Green Day (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?172843-Atmosphere-Green-Day-Further-Update&highlight=green+day)? I shall be consulting my lawyer forthwith.

:na na:

Keith_M
11-02-2011, 08:28 AM
All this says to me is that my custom, as a walk up fan is no longer wanted, so F. em, I wont be going back. That will leave lots of room for the season ticket holders ( many of them posted missing from the cat B games I have been at)
and their pals.

Don't you know ANY Season Ticket holders? I'm sure somebody would help you out with a free ticket.

greenlex
11-02-2011, 08:35 AM
and their pals.

:hilarious:dummytit:

Godsahibby
11-02-2011, 09:23 AM
Am I the only one who thinks these tickets should really be aimed at Hibs fans who over the last few years have stopped going to the games for whatever reason and need a nudge back in the right diretion rather than a number of regular walk up fans who are too tight to pay the £22 on the gate.

I'm all for getting as many people inside ER as possible but from what I've rad on here there seems to be a few regular walk up fans who want to take advantage of this and get a free day out.

CallumLaidlaw
11-02-2011, 09:29 AM
Am I the only one who thinks these tickets should really be aimed at Hibs fans who over the last few years have stopped going to the games for whatever reason and need a nudge back in the right diretion rather than a number of regular walk up fans who are too tight to pay the £22 on the gate.

I'm all for getting as many people inside ER as possible but from what I've rad on here there seems to be a few regular walk up fans who want to take advantage of this and get a free day out.

:top marks Said the same to my dad last night. If I couldnt find any takers then I would offer them to anyone, but my first priority was to find someone who isnt a regular/hasnt been in a while

PaulSmith
11-02-2011, 09:56 AM

Surely the onus is on the Hibs ST holder then to identify these guys. Yes possible that the club could've sent out free tickets to all lapsed ST holders but then you'd have walk up fans posting that there being treated as 2nd class Hibs fans.

It's a great idea and how the tickets are used is entirely up to Hibs fans.

(I'm sure however the details obtained will be used for marketing purposes to get these guys bacj)

iwasthere1972
11-02-2011, 10:50 AM

So what makes you think that after 90 minutes against ICT that they will start going to games again. If they haven't been to Easter Road for a few years I would say that it would take more than a category B game to entice them to return. Maybe when we are challenging for Europe or in the latter stage of cups will be the time that they get back on board.

Personally I would rather see a free ticket going to someone who has put their hand in their pocket over the past year or so despite the product and results on the pitch than someone who has sat at home or in the pub booing at the tv.

Yes I've put my name forward for a free ticket but if nothing becomes of it then as normal I will stump up my £22 and pay at the gate.

Regardless of who gets those tickets I hope that ER will be close to capacity for the visit of ICT and we all enjoy a great performance by the team and the 12th man. Seeing ER bouncing may entice Adam Rooney to sign for us. :aok:

:flag: :flag:

Godsahibby
11-02-2011, 11:23 AM
So what makes you think that after 90 minutes against ICT that they will start going to games again. If they haven't been to Easter Road for a few years I would say that it would take more than a category B game to entice them to return. Maybe when we are challenging for Europe or in the latter stage of cups will be the time that they get back on board.

Personally I would rather see a free ticket going to someone who has put their hand in their pocket over the past year or so despite the product and results on the pitch than someone who has sat at home or in the pub booing at the tv.

Yes I've put my name forward for a free ticket but if nothing becomes of it then as normal I will stump up my £22 and pay at the gate.

Regardless of who gets those tickets I hope that ER will be close to capacity for the visit of ICT and we all enjoy a great performance by the team and the 12th man. Seeing ER bouncing may entice Adam Rooney to sign for us. :aok:

:flag: :flag:

I've got no idea if the people will go again, they might not become ER regulars but even if it encouraged them to go to a few games a season then it would be worth while.

You would rather see a free ticket going to someone who has put their hand in their pocket over the last year or so and gone to games regulary, what like season ticket holders?

I've not got an issue with the free ticket scheme, I think it is a great idea and for what it's worth i've given my allocation to someone. As I said above, he might not become a regular again but even if it ecourages him to come to a few games its worth while.

My issue is with regulars who pay at the gates, who irrespective of the free ticket would be there anyway.

As for your last point, totally agree. It will be great seeing ER bouncing.

sahib
11-02-2011, 11:26 AM
Don't you know ANY Season Ticket holders? I'm sure somebody would help you out with a free ticket.

I don't know any ST holders but that is not really the point. I don't fancy paying money while thousands (potentially) are getting in for free. It is a bit like the prodigal son thingy from Hibs point of view, perhaps, but I can't believe I am the only pay at gate supporter who might feel miffed. Either they haven't considered this or they feel they can take us for granted.

Gatecrasher
11-02-2011, 11:29 AM
I don't know any ST holders but that is not really the point. I don't fancy paying money while thousands (potentially) are getting in for free. It is a bit like the prodigal son thingy from Hibs point of view, perhaps, but I can't believe I am the only pay at gate supporter who might feel miffed. Either they haven't considered this or they feel they can take us for granted.

What? like a STH?

its a fantastic offer from hibs, i dont see the fuss. The whole point is to entice folk back to ER and theres no better way IMO

Jack
11-02-2011, 11:31 AM

As I see it, it aimed at those who are currently investing in the club with their season tickets and heading off any critics among them who might say what's the point in buying a season ticket in future when there is little incentive to do so – see multiple threads about STs not providing a sufficient enough saving; no point in STs anyone will get into any game now the capacity has increased blah, blah, etc., blah!

I’m sure there will be a wide cross section of all Hibbies among the nominees from regular walk ups; former ST holders; folk that who haven’t been for years; partners who don’t come along that often or never and maybe even a few virgins (in the Rocky Horror meaning :greengrin).

The vast majority of freebies will be with pals and may be encouraged to go back as paying pals in the future.

iwasthere1972
11-02-2011, 11:35 AM
I've got no idea if the people will go again, they might not become ER regulars but even if it encouraged them to go to a few games a season then it would be worth while.

You would rather see a free ticket going to someone who has put their hand in their pocket over the last year or so and gone to games regulary, what like season ticket holders?

I've not got an issue with the free ticket scheme, I think it is a great idea and for what it's worth i've given my allocation to someone. As I said above, he might not become a regular again but even if it ecourages him to come to a few games its worth while.

My issue is with regulars who pay at the gates, who irrespective of the free ticket would be there anyway.

As for your last point, totally agree. It will be great seeing ER bouncing.

:aok:

Perhaps the Hibs marketing team and season tickets holders could conjure something up between them whereby those fans who haven't been to ER for a couple of years or so are tempted back with a 3 game pass rather than just a one off game. It's not as if we don't have the seats to accommodate them and it wouldn't cost the club anything except manpower (or womanpower) and postage etc.

Something has to be done but what that is I don't know.

lyonhibs
11-02-2011, 11:39 AM
So, is ANYBODY paying in the old fashioned walk-up way then?? :greengrin

Great incentive from Hibs though. They'll be hoping some of the poverty-strcked scaffs (joking, joking :greengrin I'd be there on a freebie if I was in town) that take up a free ticket will be tempted back into coming along to a few more games as walk-ups in the future, cos they must be losing money on this as a one-off.

flash
11-02-2011, 11:42 AM

What a strange attitude. Surely as a season ticket holder i am paying to get in as well.

Speedy
11-02-2011, 11:45 AM

To be honest I think you are either being unreasonable or aren't looking at the big picture.

They are giving free samples because they are trying to entice people to try that product again i.e. getting people to go to games again.

If you always buy a caramel wafer every day for your lunch would you be pissed off if Tunnock's gave away a crate of caramel wafer's to increase their customer base?

hibbymac
11-02-2011, 12:05 PM
and their pals.

Serious question, do you really think that's what Hibs are saying?

Sir David Gray
11-02-2011, 12:10 PM
To be honest I think you are either being unreasonable or aren't looking at the big picture.

They are giving free samples because they are trying to entice people to try that product again i.e. getting people to go to games again.

If you always buy a caramel wafer every day for your lunch would you be pissed off if Tunnock's gave away a crate of caramel wafer's to increase their customer base?

But that's not quite the same issue. You don't buy a year's supply of caramel wafers, in advance, in August though, like you do with a season ticket when you're effectively buying to see 19 home games all in one go so that the club receives much needed cash, up front in a lump sum.

If Tunnock's decided to give away a free crate of their wafers, you would still benefit as you would get a free wafer out of it, even if you had been buying them for years.

With this deal, someone who is a season ticket holder and who has paid for 19 home games last summer, in advance, is really losing out on one game because people who are not season ticket holders are getting to see one of those 19 matches free of charge.

As a season ticket holder myself, I personally have no objections to this offer and I think it's a good move by Hibs, as I have already said before in this thread. I'm just trying to see things from the other side of the argument.

RoYO!
11-02-2011, 12:14 PM
It's up to hibs fans to make this a success.

Can you imagine the stick we'd get if we don't get a big number there? - 'can't sell it out even when you GIVE the tickets away!'

ST holders Might need to be nagged to get a mate along if they haven't already. They might not even know about the offer if they don't read MSG boards etc.

Spread the word.

If you build it, they will come :wink:

.Whitey.
11-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Im geting my brother a ticket for his first hibs match (he is 24 - and doesnt support any socer team as my family are all American Football daft) im sure this will change after watching 90mins of hibernian fc :greengrin

Removed
11-02-2011, 12:22 PM
It's up to hibs fans to make this a success.

Can you imagine the stick we'd get if we don't get a big number there? - 'can't sell it out even when you GIVE the tickets away!'

ST holders Might need to be nagged to get a mate along if they haven't already. They might not even know about the offer if they don't read MSG boards etc.

Spread the word.

If you build it, they will come :wink:

Stick? From them :faf:

They fuds have been giving away free tickets and lying about attendances for years :agree:

sahib
11-02-2011, 12:44 PM
What? like a STH?
its a fantastic offer from hibs, i dont see the fuss. The whole point is to entice folk back to ER and theres no better way IMO

No, I mean the guests.
That said, if this was announced or implied, in the info for season ticket buyers, then I can't really object, since that offer was open to me too.

legends of 73
11-02-2011, 12:48 PM
and their pals.

think your missing the point we as season ticket holders we have paid our money up front.

the person i'm taken would love to go every week but curcumstances mean he can't so get off your high horse or are you feeling left out cos you don't know any seasn ticket holders:na na:

blackpoolhibs
11-02-2011, 02:26 PM
But that's not quite the same issue. You don't buy a year's supply of caramel wafers, in advance, in August though, like you do with a season ticket when you're effectively buying to see 19 home games all in one go so that the club receives much needed cash, up front in a lump sum.

When i buy caramel wafers, i buy them in packets of 10. I buy 2 packets and have one a week, and one left for when we play in the cup.:wink:

If Tunnock's decided to give away a free crate of their wafers, you would still benefit as you would get a free wafer out of it, even if you had been buying them for years.

With this deal, someone who is a season ticket holder and who has paid for 19 home games last summer, in advance, is really losing out on one game because people who are not season ticket holders are getting to see one of those 19 matches free of charge.

:agree: but i have no objection, if it helps bring fans back i'm all for it.

As a season ticket holder myself, I personally have no objections to this offer and I think it's a good move by Hibs, as I have already said before in this thread. I'm just trying to see things from the other side of the argument.

I understand, but i do like you think the club are to be applauded for this. There's been plenty of folk saying the price is to high, yet when they tell us we can have free entry, they are still wrong. The club cant win it seems?

CallumLaidlaw
11-02-2011, 02:54 PM
It is most certainly a good move. They are trying to get a good atmosphere for a big home game, trying to get more people on the database, trying to get lapsed fans back in the swing of things. An they may just make a bit extra cash in the club shop, etc.

Really good stuff coming from marketing at the club at the minute.
I am also a ST holder but really don't mind that up to 8000 people could be getting in for free in 2 weeks. The more the merrier.

Only hibs fans could make an argument out of this!!

GreenCastle
11-02-2011, 03:00 PM
It is most certainly a good move. They are trying to get a good atmosphere for a big home game, trying to get more people on the database, trying to get lapsed fans back in the swing of things. An they may just make a bit extra cash in the club shop, etc.

I am also a ST holder but really don't mind that up to 8000 people could be getting in for free in 2 weeks. The more the merrier.

More fans in the ground = hopefully better atmosphere.

You can support your club in different ways - season ticket or not.

Fans knew with a season ticket that every game wasn't going to sell out.

iwasthere1972
11-02-2011, 03:04 PM

Wait until the news gets out that Hibs are offering a free Tunnock's caramel bar to anyone who shows their "Complimentary" ticket at Easter Road for the ICT game. :partyhibb:partyhibb

:******:

down-the-slope
11-02-2011, 03:34 PM
great job by club...doing what we have all been asking for...trying to encourage more to come to ER...while involving ST's rather than doing it in a way that alienates them...best people to get you into something is those who are hooked....

Its a good way of helping with the push up the table which is in itsself worth the 'investment' as well as a cheap way of gaining marketing details of lots of potential future 'customers'...:cgwa

Also clever waiting until the team is not so honking and looking like being worth watching again.

Hibby D
11-02-2011, 04:47 PM
and their pals.

I think the reason this is aimed at ST holders is that it allows the club to track where the free tickets are going. The result is hopefully a few hundred new, and old, ( legit ) Hibs fans entered onto the database, as well as a packed house house at a time where we need the 12th man more than we have done for some time.

I don't think for one minute this is the club sticking the two fingers up to you or any other walk-up fan. When you think about it, it's not as if ST holders are getting 'something for nothing'; only those they choose to nominate :agree:

It's a fantastic marketing campaign by the club - :top marks

calumhibee1
11-02-2011, 04:57 PM
I think the reason this is aimed at ST holders is that it allows the club to track where the free tickets are going. The result is hopefully a few hundred new, and old, ( legit ) Hibs fans entered onto the database, as well as a packed house house at a time where we need the 12th man more than we have done for some time.

I don't think for one minute this is the club sticking the two fingers up to you or any other walk-up fan. When you think about it, it's not as if ST holders are getting 'something for nothing'; only those they choose to nominate :agree:

It's a fantastic marketing campaign by the club - :top marks
:agree: I can't believe people are making this out to be a bad thing. I've paid for my season ticket but if it meant a better atmosphere and better results i'd be delighted if we had 10000 getting in for free every single game, even if I wasn't one of them.

Albanian Hibs
11-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Got my email from Hibs today saying that my ticket has been sent :flag:

BroxburnHibee
11-02-2011, 07:39 PM
None of you freeloaders are getting my tickets :devil: I'll be offering my 3 to the PM's :tee hee:

Speedy
12-02-2011, 01:08 AM

I understand the season ticket argument but in this case it is the same issue as my example because this is a walk up fan that is complaining so, as you say, he/she can also benefit from the offer.

madhibby
12-02-2011, 09:24 AM
I think its a great idea.

Myself and my family have 4 season tickets. We live in Glasgow so don't have too many Hibee mates!

Anyways if anybody wants to take up the free tickets with four available send me a PM. It would be easier if you are taking the lot for family mates but if you only want one or two no problem.

You will have to provide all the details to me as per Green day form and I'll do the rest.

We are in the east stand so I assume unless it is already sold out your ticket(s) is/are likely for there as well.

If i get swamped not sure how I will decide -first to respond? I'm off to game today so I'll check PMs tonight

Jack
12-02-2011, 09:30 AM
I was speaking with the club and have been told that everyone who has applied will get an acknowledgement of their application.

There were issues around some folks emails being treated as spam. The club have now addressed this and are checking their spam folders to get the ones that have slipped through.

lucky
12-02-2011, 09:35 AM
This is a great initiative from the club. I'm a ST holder as are most of my mates, But I'm not complaining cos some are getting in free for 1 game. It would be great to see 3 stands full for the ICT game. I would also reduce the price for Caley fans too (especially after the way they were treated at the last game at ER) . Football should be a fun day out. Hopefully lots will take up this offer and the stadium will be bouncing.

madhibby
12-02-2011, 09:38 AM
iwasthere1972

i got your pm and tried to reply saying you have a ticket but it said your pm box is full?

iwasthere1972
12-02-2011, 09:43 AM
iwasthere1972

i got your pm and tried to reply saying you have a ticket but it said your pm box is full?

Sorry about that. Box is now empty

Cheers. :aok:

Antifa Hibs
12-02-2011, 09:58 AM

Why?

So someone who hasn't been back since the league cup win in 2007 is more deserving of a freebie than someone who has paid there £22/£27 for every home game this season :confused:

And season ticket holders moaning about losing out... technically your not losing out, we're just gaining. And i'm sure the lads/lassies who get the freebie will look after you. Think i'll be getting my auld boys, he'll get well looked after, pie and bovril in the ground, few pints, wee accumulator on for him etc.

Petrie (the most miserable bassa in world fitba) is giving away FREE tickets, no strings. Yet people are still moaning. We could win the treble this season and this place would still be full of miserable gits :greengrin

Cheers Hibs (and the person who gives me his ticket):thumbsup:

DaveSo
12-02-2011, 10:00 AM
I got an email back yesterday saying my nomination was accepted and got my ticket in the post this morning. Excellent and speedy processing. :thumbsup: to the Ticket Office.

Removed
12-02-2011, 10:01 AM
Antifa - not seen many ST holders moaning about this :confused: in fact vast majority posting that it's a great idea.

Biggest moan from someone with nae ST holding pals :faf:

Antifa Hibs
12-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Antifa - not seen many ST holders moaning about this :confused: in fact vast majority posting that it's a great idea.

Biggest moan from someone with nae ST holding pals :faf:

Never read the whole thread, just skimmed through and seen things about season tickets and years supply of caramel wafers. Just assumed it was a rant, my apologies :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
12-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Good to see loads of Hibbies offering their nominations. Lets hope that they're all snapped up. It is VITAL that we show the club that this kind of initiative is worth doing.

Removed
12-02-2011, 10:06 AM
Never read the whole thread, just skimmed through and seen things about season tickets and years supply of caramel wafers. Just assumed it was a rant, my apologies :greengrin

:thumbsup:

Anyone mention buying jeans in the sales :wink:

SRHibs
12-02-2011, 10:06 AM
PM me if you want my 'nomination' :greengrin

first come first serve :aok:

EDIT: Gone!

:hibees:hibees:hibees

Jack
12-02-2011, 10:12 AM
This is a great initiative from the club. I'm a ST holder as are most of my mates, But I'm not complaining cos some are getting in free for 1 game. It would be great to see 3 stands full for the ICT game. I would also reduce the price for Caley fans too (especially after the way they were treated at the last game at ER) . Football should be a fun day out. Hopefully lots will take up this offer and the stadium will be bouncing.

I’m sure if you followed that story through to the end Lucky it was one or two ICT fans being idiots and quite rightly getting chucked oot!

Albanian Hibs
12-02-2011, 11:18 AM
Got my ticket this morning for the seat right next to my old man (my old season ticket seat).

Glory glory :cgwa

AFKA5814_Hibs
12-02-2011, 11:29 AM
My brother got his ticket today, in the seat next to me. Well done Hibs. :thumbsup:

Speedy
12-02-2011, 11:56 AM
Why?

So someone who hasn't been back since the league cup win in 2007 is more deserving of a freebie than someone who has paid there £22/£27 for every home game this season :confused:

And season ticket holders moaning about losing out... technically your not losing out, we're just gaining. And i'm sure the lads/lassies who get the freebie will look after you. Think i'll be getting my auld boys, he'll get well looked after, pie and bovril in the ground, few pints, wee accumulator on for him etc.

Petrie (the most miserable bassa in world fitba) is giving away FREE tickets, no strings. Yet people are still moaning. We could win the treble this season and this place would still be full of miserable gits :greengrin

Cheers Hibs (and the person who gives me his ticket):thumbsup:

It's not that they're more deserving but the point is to get more people at ER. That won't happen by giving free tickets to people that are going anyway.

I don't have any objection to either group taking advantage of this

roondheid
12-02-2011, 12:35 PM
My brother got his ticket today, in the seat next to me. Well done Hibs. :thumbsup:

Likewise, got mine this morning. :flag:

Jack
14-02-2011, 09:03 PM
There must be loads of season ticket holders out there who have not taken up this offer yet :-(
Come on guys let loose with your love on Valentines Day and let a fellow Netters have a freebie! xxx

GreenCastle
15-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Hibs should send out reminders via emails to fans who haven't done it yet.

Good to see that they are trying to find tickets next to current ST seats.

Hibs_SW
15-02-2011, 12:12 PM
My nephew has a season ticket and is under 15 is it only a kid he can nominate or can it be an adult!?

Fife-Hibee
15-02-2011, 12:17 PM
My nephew has a season ticket and is under 15 is it only a kid he can nominate or can it be an adult!?

He can nominate anyone :thumbsup:

Hibs_SW
15-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Brilliant! Well in that case i can nominate someone!? But only one remember :) if anyone would like to be nominated send me your details in private mail! lets hope for a BIG support at this game!!

EDITED: TICKET NOW GONE!!!

ronaldo7
15-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Our nominated two got their tickets today, well done the Hibs:flag:

Albanian Hibs
15-02-2011, 01:01 PM
I wonder how many tickets have been given away so far? It would be great to see a near full house

CallumHibs07
15-02-2011, 01:14 PM
If we get a significant increase in the crowd it might convince RP to do other things like this, or lower ticket prices!

hibeeleicester
15-02-2011, 05:00 PM
If we get a significant increase in the crowd it might convince RP to do other things like this, or lower ticket prices!

Buy one get one free would work well :agree:

Eg. Say we have around 9.000 season ticket holders.

3,000 walk up fans all get a free ticket with everyone they purchase. 15 thousand hibees at a CAT B game would be awesome :thumbsup:

Keith_M
15-02-2011, 05:43 PM
3,000 walk up fans all get a free ticket with everyone they purchase. 15 thousand hibees at a CAT B game would be awesome :thumbsup:

Oh great, so Season Ticket holders lose out again?

:duck:

Speedy
16-02-2011, 01:32 PM

Got my ticket today. Thanks a lot, much appreciated!