Brown;
Miller;
Naismyth.

California-Hibs
08-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Thats a good strong team IMO :agree: C'mon Scotland!! :thumbsup::saltireflag

Matty_Jack04
08-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Finding it more and more difficult to get up for scotland games, normally love them but espec after all this fletcher stuff im thinking of giving it up and retreating to watching them in the house (not that im plannin a trip to dublin)

just cant understand how they can close the door on fletch but openly go cap n hand to barry the crab begging him to return, also not select deek when he was playing well because of off feild problems but call up goodwillie and beg andy carroll to swap engerlund for us before he was capped.

im off it till the jambo is out.

bingo70
08-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Finding it more and more difficult to get up for scotland games, normally love them but espec after all this fletcher stuff im thinking of giving it up and retreating to watching them in the house (not that im plannin a trip to dublin)

just cant understand how they can close the door on fletch but openly go cap n hand to barry the crab begging him to return, also not select deek when he was playing well because of off feild problems but call up goodwillie and beg andy carroll to swap engerlund for us before he was capped.

Agree with much of what you say but my feelings towards Levein have nothing to do with him being a Jambo, in international football club allegiences need to be put to one side but i just absolutely detest that fud.

I hate this pish about trying to get anyone that qualifies to play for us, chucking caps about left right and centre to anyone is completely devaluing the jersey and papering over the cracks, that 4-6-0 formation and the way he dropped his knickers to the huns has just left me with no respect for him or the national team.

I still want Scotland to do well, i'll not be one of these guys that want us to lose to prove a point or hates the national team i just find it difficuilt to have any enthusiasm for the national team while that **** is in charge.

H18sry
08-02-2011, 06:16 PM

Who has closed the door on Fletch? Fletch asked to be left out of this game and the papers went to work on it.
:agree:

FifeeHibee
08-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Thats a good strong team IMO :agree: C'mon Scotland!! :thumbsup::saltireflag

Caldwell (sorry), Bardsley and Naismyth shouldn't be near the team. And McGregor shouldn't be picked coz he's an outright fud.

TRC
08-02-2011, 06:28 PM
Also why give N.ireland our team before hand. Allways seems daft to me, means the other coach gets more time to prepare his players for what to expect:confused:

Hibeescott
08-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Caldwell (sorry), Bardsley and Naismyth shouldn't be near the team. And McGregor shouldn't be picked coz he's an outright fud.

Caldwell I agree. Naismith I didnt rate much in the past but he has performed well for Scotland in the last couple of games.

But Bardsley?! How can you say he shouldnt be near the team? Left back has been a trouble position for Scotland as of late and he has played well as a regular starter for Sunderland in the EPL. What better LB's do we have??

Matty_Jack04
08-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Who has closed the door on Fletch? Fletch asked to be left out of this game and the papers went to work on it.

Peter Houston in the paper this morning saying he wont be considered for any future games. might be media drivel as you say but there was quotes, take from it what u may

Hiber-nation
08-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Agree with much of what you say but my feelings towards Levein have nothing to do with him being a Jambo, in international football club allegiences need to be put to one side but i just absolutely detest that fud.

I hate this pish about trying to get anyone that qualifies to play for us, chucking caps about left right and centre to anyone is completely devaluing the jersey and papering over the cracks, that 4-6-0 formation and the way he dropped his knickers to the huns has just left me with no respect for him or the national team.

I still want Scotland to do well, i'll not be one of these guys that want us to lose to prove a point or hates the national team i just find it difficuilt to have any enthusiasm for the national team while that **** is in charge.

I would also have dropped that cheating bawbag Naismith.

Matty_Jack04
08-02-2011, 07:53 PM

yeh i agree, i dont dislike levein just for being a jambo altho that is how it seemed with my post i just dont agree with anything he says or does! he's a tool plain and simple the man failed stepping up a level to the dizzy heights of leicester city and now he thinks he's the messiah to scottish football!
4-6-0 was a sacking offence alone, he inspires no excitement on my part and il no be paying the cash to head anywhere to watch his team all tho i still want them to win no matter what

H18sry
08-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Peter Houston in the paper this morning saying he wont be considered for any future games. might be media drivel as you say but there was quotes, take from it what u may

I am just repeating what Fletcher has said,what paper was it in?

frazeHFC
08-02-2011, 08:22 PM

Seriously! :confused:

He has been in immense form for Sunderland this year. Showed he can attack with his great goal against Chelsea last week. And he has been one of the EPLs top performers this year from what i have seen.

But opinions are opinions, that's what these forums are for. :wink:

Matty_Jack04
08-02-2011, 08:59 PM

only read the metro this morning, tried to look for a link but can only find english sport news

M11BMO
09-02-2011, 09:52 AM

He has been in immense form for Sunderland this year. Showed he can attack with his great goal against Chelsea last week. And he has been one of the EPLs top performers this year from what i have seen.

I agree :agree:

Everytime I have seen him he had look impressive. I'd have him in the team. :aok:

Ritchie
09-02-2011, 09:55 AM
is it stephen or gary caldwell??

i heard it was stephen!

EDIT - just checked... its stephen!

bigstu
09-02-2011, 10:10 AM
why is the scotland team always announced ahead of time?? Surely that gives the other team the upper hand???

Wilson
09-02-2011, 10:12 AM
why is the scotland team always announced ahead of time?? Surely that gives the other team the upper hand???

That we're Scotland gives the other team the upper hand...

robinp
09-02-2011, 10:16 AM

He has came on leeps and bounds in the last 12-18 months for Sunderland, now looks like a Premieship player week in week out. Played very well in his last outing for Scotland as well.

WindyMiller
09-02-2011, 10:34 AM

It's in here.......
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/8309261/Scotland-No-2-Peter-Houston-defends-Steven-Naismiths-dive-in-Old-Firm-battle.html

hibsbollah
09-02-2011, 11:00 AM
Anyone know if Sproule made their squad?

Cocaine&Caviar
09-02-2011, 11:42 AM
Just the three englishman then...

Dinkydoo
09-02-2011, 12:45 PM

Why reinvent the wheel and all that; pretty much my exact feelings on speccy.

FWIW I actually didn't mind him before he became Scotland boss, hated him when he was at the yams but after doing a decent job with Dundee Utd with virtually no resources I started tio respect him, just a little though.

That 4-6-0 formation, his refusal to take any of the blame and this whole giving the shirt to anyone who just so happens to have a great Scottish Grandad has almost all but put me off the national team.

Tin hat on here but when I pay to go watch Scotland play I actually want it to be a Scottish team on the pitch and one that don't cower behind the ball for 90 minutes at that.

patlowe
09-02-2011, 12:52 PM
MacRankers,
Hutton,
Caldwell,
Berra;
Bardsley;
Adam;
Commons;
Morrison
Brown;
Miller;
Naismyth.

When you add the Fletchers, McFadden, Dorrans, Wilson, Thomson and a load of decent looking youngsters coming through to that side then we have a good group of players to pick from*. About time we stop these negative formations, start taking the iniative in games and make watching Scotland something to look forward to.

*Would be even better if young Scottish guys like McGeady and McCarthy actually played for the country they were born and developed in...

HibeeSince85
09-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Anyone know if Sproule made their squad?

Nope, he's not in the squad.

Sylar
09-02-2011, 03:19 PM
MacGregor
Hutton Caldwell Berra Bardsley
Naismith Morrison Adam Brown Commons
Miller

I assume it'll be something as above? Can't see him playing Naismith as a second striker.

hibsbollah
09-02-2011, 03:39 PM
MacGregor
Hutton Caldwell Berra Bardsley
Naismith Morrison Adam Brown Commons
Miller

I assume it'll be something as above? Can't see him playing Naismith as a second striker.

Thats a strong team. On paper the best since 98 at least. We should be doing a lot better than we are.

frazeHFC
09-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Can't wait for the game. Com'on Scotland!!! :thumbsup:

SteveHFC
09-02-2011, 03:51 PM
1-0 Scotland :saltireflag

Antifa Hibs
09-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Who they playing :confused:

Hainan Hibs
09-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Weak at centre back but apart from that we do have a very decent squad.

Hopefully we see some decent performances in this competition to set us on our way for September.

We have a bit of a hill to climb for qualification, but if Levein lets the team play like it can and have a (right good) go at the opposition, we have a very decent chance of making the play offs.

--------
09-02-2011, 04:40 PM

It's in here.......
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/8309261/Scotland-No-2-Peter-Houston-defends-Steven-Naismiths-dive-in-Old-Firm-battle.html

Levein and Houston have closed the door on Fletcher.

Arch Stanton
09-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Levein and Houston have closed the door on Fletcher.

WHere did you see that????