PDA

View Full Version : Quite Good This (Back To The Future - New Shirt Offer)

Bobby's Cinema
08-02-2011, 04:19 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110208/back-to-the-future-_2262950_2288653 :agree:

hibees59
08-02-2011, 04:30 PM
Nice touch by the club (for once :wink:).

Gettin' Auld
08-02-2011, 04:36 PM
I wouldn't think there's too many people with those names on the back of their shirt, with the exception of "Bamba"

:wink:

HibbyAndy
08-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Does Petrie ken about this?

Perspective
08-02-2011, 05:55 PM
Having been critical of Hibs' marketing and communications in the past while, I'd like to say that this is an excellent gesture.

Top marks to whoever came up with it.

1875godsgift
08-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Having been critical of Hibs' marketing and communications in the past while, I'd like to say that this is an excellent gesture.

Agreed, it's a brilliant idea, has any other club done it before?

Very handy if your name's Scott as well, brand new top for a tenner!

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Good PR twice in one day? they must be reading the pages about them on here

:rolleyes:

CropleyWasGod
08-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Good PR twice in one day? they must be reading the pages about them on here

:rolleyes:

Isn't it one of the responsibilities of a business to listen to their customers?

jonny
08-02-2011, 06:39 PM
I'm sure there was a thread on here last month about fans that had got "De Graff" on the back of their shirts, one guy said he hadn't worn it since about the second game. Great opportunity to get it replaced.
:thumbsup:

hibsboy90
08-02-2011, 06:49 PM
In addition to the' Back to the Future' shirt amnesty, the Clubstore is also rallying support behind the new players, with an offer of any shirt printed with any of the new players listed below for only £10 including printing!

Scott, Divis, Thornhill, Palsson, Sodje, Towell.
Is it just me, or can we get a new Shirt for only a tenner with one of these names?

NYHibby
08-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Is it just me, or can we get a new Shirt for only a tenner with one of these names?

I was just going to post the same thing. I think that is what they intended, but if you go to the shop, maybe they would sell you a "Sodje" shirt without the name printed on.

Gus Fring
08-02-2011, 06:53 PM

Thats how I read it as well.

Cocaine&Caviar
08-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Do you think it would apply to the away shirt?

Gus Fring
08-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Do you think it would apply to the away shirt?

I think it's for all the shirts.

If you can get a shirt for 10 quid with a new players name on it, it would shift shirts and support the new guys. I dont imagine we'd be selling many shirts at this time of year anyway?

Cocaine&Caviar
08-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Have to say, as much as I am against anyone over 13 years old having the name and number of a player on the back of their shirt, dont think i can resist a Palsson 91 Mint Shirt, for £10, for the gym like...

JoJo_07
08-02-2011, 07:06 PM
OR if you have a strip get Hogg put on it (£3.40) and get an exchange.:wink:.How long before they get wise to this one?

Gus Fring
08-02-2011, 07:10 PM
OR if you have a strip get Hogg put on it (£3.40) and get an exchange.:wink:.How long before they get wise to this one?

Surely they wouldn't put Hogg on it anyway?

seanraff07
08-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Might get another home top with Palsson 91 on the back, good deal.

JoJo_07
08-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Surely they wouldn't put Hogg on it anyway?

I've been in the shop where fans of other clubs have asked for them to do the lettering on other strips than Hibs so of course you could go elsewhere to get this done.

callumstewart
08-02-2011, 07:58 PM
does anyone now if the deal still works online or do you have to go down to the shop?:confused:

I'm_cabbaged
08-02-2011, 08:04 PM

Thats how I read it as well.

Cannae be right, think it's just the name and number for a tenner.

Put it this way if you were exchanging your old strip and getting Thornhill and 26, it would cost more than a tenner for the printing. :wink:

callumstewart
08-02-2011, 08:10 PM

Put it this way if you were exchanging your old strip and getting Thornhill and 26, it would cost more than a tenner for the printing. :wink:
surely not scott would be less than a tenner no?

I'm_cabbaged
08-02-2011, 08:16 PM
surely not scott would be less than a tenner no?

See what you're saying and I can't remember what I paid for the laddies top, but why would you exchange you're old top and pay over a tenner for the printing when you could keep it and get a new one cheaper?

edit: what does it cost for printing?

callumstewart
08-02-2011, 08:18 PM
See what you're saying and I can't remember what I paid for the laddies top, but why would you exchange you're old top and pay over a tenner for the printing when you could keep it and get a new one cheaper?

edit: what does it cost for printing?
if you exchange you old top they give you a new one with a new players name on it for free you have to pay a tenner for a new top with a new players name on it i think

I'm_cabbaged
08-02-2011, 08:26 PM
if you exchange you old top they give you a new one with a new players name on it for free you have to pay a tenner for a new top with a new players name on it i think

Read it again, you've to pay for the printing. :wink:

callumstewart
08-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Read it again, you've to pay for the printing. :wink:
did not notice that was just going to buy a new one anyway but didnt know if you could get them online as i will not be able to make saterday

Cocaine&Caviar
08-02-2011, 08:37 PM

"with an offer of any shirt printed with any of the new players listed below for only £10 including printing!"

Why would it say including printing, if it wasnt in reference to the shirt aswell?

w.connectionfc
08-02-2011, 08:43 PM
Shirt and name printing for a tenner........... We,re not about to announce a new strip after this offer finishes are we ???

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Isn't it one of the responsibilities of a business to listen to their customers?

Of course it is but they took their time about it :rolleyes:

CropleyWasGod
08-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Of course it is but they took their time about it :rolleyes:

Damned if they do.... etc etc.

I'm_cabbaged
08-02-2011, 09:02 PM
"with an offer of any shirt printed with any of the new players listed below for only £10 including printing!"

Why would it say including printing, if it wasnt in reference to the shirt aswell?

Beginning to think you're right, I thought it was about £1.50 a letter but the missus has told me that's for a number.
Think a cup run would've been our only chance of selling the excess stock so seems a bit of a bargain. :thumbsup:

Bobby's Cinema
08-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Damned if they do.... etc etc.
:agree: Good that their showing a bit initiative. Worst that can happen is that nobody bothers with it. I'm sure it will cater for someone though

sleeping giant
08-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Thats excellent from Hibs :flag:

Great idea :aok:

Liked this at the bottom of the page ...
"The Club want as much green and white in Easter Road Stadium as possible for every home game, starting on Saturday - get your kit now, and play your part!"

Need to get an xxxxl to fit over my Parka :greengrin

matty_f
08-02-2011, 09:54 PM

"The Club want as much green and white in Easter Road Stadium as possible for every home game, starting on Saturday - get your kit now, and play your part!"

Need to get an xxxxl to fit over my Parka :greengrin

I agree, it's a great idea. Saying that, I have sauzee on the back of my top each season, so I'll probably stick with what I have!

zlatan
08-02-2011, 10:24 PM
If I go in with a gun and a child wearing a shirt with Bamba on the back will they just bring the man himself back up?

Pretty Boy
08-02-2011, 10:43 PM
The £10 including printing for a new shirt seems plausible considering we will be changing our strip at the end of the season anyway.

Good gesture by Hibs and a good way to get rid of some excess stock into the bargain.

SRHibs
08-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Going to pick myself up a Palsson one I think.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dunbar Hibee
09-02-2011, 01:33 AM
So you can go in to the store pick up the home top and get Palsson 91 on the back all for a tenner?:confused:

deeks01
09-02-2011, 03:20 AM
hold on a minute... new shirt AND printing for only a tenner? If this is true I'll be getting a palsson 91 on saturday :greengrin: cues may be large though :faf:

oregonhibby
09-02-2011, 06:34 AM
An excellent way of shifting surplus stock.

Great idea by the Club.

Oranje39
09-02-2011, 07:43 AM
An excellent way of shifting surplus stock.

Great idea by the Club.

Pity it doesn't work online!

jst1875
09-02-2011, 07:45 AM
if i get one with towell on it .... when he goes back to smeltic in the summer can i take it back and get a new one free of charge ............... :greengrin

SouthMoroccoStu
09-02-2011, 08:26 AM
So you can go in to the store pick up the home top and get Palsson 91 on the back all for a tenner?:confused:

Yeah thats what I'm thinking.

Is it only the home or can it be the away?

Does it have to be a swap for the home with a play who left name on the back?

Too early to figure out this :coffee:

zlatan
09-02-2011, 09:52 AM
Can you make orders over the phone if they don't update online?

If there's a stipulation I have to do something ridiculous such as go to a football match for this I won't be happy.

Cocaine&Caviar
09-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Can confirm this, went down this morning and got the mint with Palsson 91, although it took them two attempts as their bit of paper, had it Spelt Polsson!

_hucks_
09-02-2011, 12:03 PM
Can you make orders over the phone if they don't update online?

If there's a stipulation I have to do something ridiculous such as go to a football match for this I won't be happy.

I'll be trying it by phone, as its a complete pain that I can't order online given that I live a good distance away from the club store!

SouthMoroccoStu
09-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Can confirm this, went down this morning and got the mint with Palsson 91, although it took them two attempts as their bit of paper, had it Spelt Polsson!

Did you have to take in an old shirt?

Ollie75
09-02-2011, 12:27 PM
I'll be trying it by phone, as its a complete pain that I can't order online given that I live a good distance away from the club store!

Instore only offer apparently. Though if you got it sent would you not have to pay £4 postage? Still a good deal for £14 quid.

Dinkydoo
09-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Quite fancy the idea of a Palsson or Scott shirt for a tenner since I didn't bother getting the home top this season.

Wonder how many brave people will have Sodje on the back of their shirt before the end of the season.......:greengrin

Sherlock Jones
09-02-2011, 12:56 PM

That's exactly what I did today :thumbsup:

Yeah thats what I'm thinking.

Is it only the home or can it be the away?

Does it have to be a swap for the home with a play who left name on the back?

Too early to figure out this :coffee:

Just the home top for a tenner. I think they'll swap a mint for a mint though.

Think the idea of the swap option is to give you a blank shirt and you can get whatever you like printed on it - but you have to pay for the lettering and numbers.

Dunbar Hibee
09-02-2011, 01:10 PM
That's exactly what I did today :thumbsup:

Just the home top for a tenner. I think they'll swap a mint for a mint though.

Think the idea of the swap option is to give you a blank shirt and you can get whatever you like printed on it - but you have to pay for the lettering and numbers.

So its just the home top that you get for a 10r and have to pay extra for lettering and numbers?

Sherlock Jones
09-02-2011, 01:14 PM
So its just the home top that you get for a 10r and have to pay extra for lettering and numbers?

The tenner deal is the shirt plus any of the 6 new guys name (Scott, Divis, Thornhill, Palsson, Sodje, Towell) and their numbers included in the tenner.

So for instance... a home shirt + PALSSON + 91 = £10

greenlex
09-02-2011, 01:15 PM
I predict the store will run out of the letter S by the end of the week.

Edit - letter O might be in danger too. :greengrin

hibee_girl
09-02-2011, 01:16 PM

It's the home top with one of the new boys names on it for a £10.

If you have a home strip that has a name of a player who has just left you'll get a nameless strip in return, if you want a name on that strip you have to pay for the name as normal.

I think :greengrin

Dunbar Hibee
09-02-2011, 01:24 PM
The tenner deal is the shirt plus any of the 6 new guys name (Scott, Divis, Thornhill, Palsson, Sodje, Towell) and their numbers included in the tenner.

So for instance... a home shirt + PALSSON + 91 = £10

Nice one :aok: Cheers mate.

LancashireHibby
09-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Wouldn't mind one with Palsson on the back but I'll just wait for the price to drop online instead if they seem to have a load of stock.

lyonhibs
09-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Shirt and name printing for a tenner........... We,re not about to announce a new strip after this offer finishes are we ???

Couldn't care less if they are. If that's the deal - Joe Bloggs (i.e. me) walks into the shop, goes "Hmm I'd quite like the home top with Palsson on the back" "That's £10 please" "Kerching" then that is a great deal.

Seems too good to be true though. The wording of the website does definitely give this to be the case??

Has someone gone over Petrie's head on this or what??

GGTTH

GreenCastle
09-02-2011, 01:45 PM
Sounds like a great deal :agree:

Well done Hibs :cgwa

Hibby K
09-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Great deal by Hibs!

Can we have a calendar amnesty next?
Replace the transferred player's pages with pictures of Petrie and the rest of the board, that way the calendar won't show meaningless pictures for the rest of the year.
For a double whammy put it above the mantelpiece and the tache will keep the children away from the fire!

Makaveli
09-02-2011, 02:46 PM
At first I thought they had just worded it very poorly, but if people are getting a new shirt with name and number for £10 total then fair play to Hibs! Great way to get rid of the stock and boost support for the new signings :agree:

SlickShoes
09-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Sounds like a good deal to me, especially since my name is Scott so if Scott leaves then nevermind!

HibeeSince85
09-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Well done Hibs! - Quite a good shout.

I'm one of those that isn't keen on the players names and numbers on ma back now that i'm older that most of the new signings:greengrin

Should go down well though.

Cheshire Hibee
09-02-2011, 03:16 PM
Son's gutted he gave me money to get him home shirt for £25 when I was up at weekend.Thought he was getting a bargain. He's :fuming: now.

Sherlock Jones
09-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Now appearing in the online store...

http://www.hibsshop.co.uk/list-88-prodlist-327

Cocaine&Caviar
09-02-2011, 03:41 PM
I take full responsibility for them changing the spelling of Palsson :thumbsup:

There was a guy getting Sodje when I was in there, apart from that the shop was empty.

Cocaine&Caviar
09-02-2011, 03:42 PM

Strange theyre not showing the away shirt, had plenty in stock this morning.

skedders
09-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Dang... no mint strips are available online.... Only home strips....

Does anyone know if the mint strips are available in store for £10? Will get someone to pop down to the club shop for me if they are.

Had my heart set on being a cool-minty-fresh-Palsson hibee...!

Sherlock Jones
09-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Strange theyre not showing the away shirt, had plenty in stock this morning.

Guy told me the offer only applies to home shirts.

TRC
09-02-2011, 03:52 PM
Sorry, thought this was only for people that had a strip with someone that had left the club?:confused:

Cocaine&Caviar
09-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Dang... no mint strips are available online.... Only home strips....

Does anyone know if the mint strips are available in store for £10? Will get someone to pop down to the club shop for me if they are.

Had my heart set on being a cool-minty-fresh-Palsson hibee...!

I got one this morning, no bother at all.

Sherlock Jones
09-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Sorry, thought this was only for people that had a strip with someone that had left the club?:confused:

There are 2 offers.

1. If you currently have a top with the name of someone who has left, you can exchange it for a brand new blank one. You can then pay the going rate to have numbers and letters put on it.

2. You can pay £10 for a shirt printed with the name and number of a new player (Scott, Divis, Thornhill, Palsson, Sodje, Towell).

Cocaine&Caviar
09-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Off topic, but isnt De Graff only out on loan? An indication that he might not be back?

zlatan
09-02-2011, 04:38 PM

No goalie top for a tenner with thingymabob on it, disgusting, heads should roll for this.

Oranje39
09-02-2011, 04:56 PM
No goalie top for a tenner with thingymabob on it, disgusting, heads should roll for this.

Here its is!

http://www.hibsshop.co.uk/list-88-prodlist-329

hibee_girl
09-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Off topic, but isnt De Graff only out on loan? An indication that he might not be back?

He won't be back this season though so no point having this seasons top with his name on it.

1875godsgift
09-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Here its is!

I fancy getting that one but do you have to have the name & number on the back?

magpie1892
09-02-2011, 05:22 PM

I was in the club shop this afternoon about 2.20pm.

1x long-sleeved away top + SODJE 18 = GBP10
1x short-sleeved home top + SODJE 18= GBP10

One for me, one for a mate.

Two young team printing the shirts and a lassie working the till.

I approached the sales desk to enquire as to the terms of the offer. Was informed any top with any of the new boys printed for a tenner a piece.

Total bargain, I am totally chuffed. The club can't be making money on this, not possible,

Well done Hibs.

zlatan
09-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Here its is!

Ahhh, re-employ the person that just got sacked!!

magpie1892
09-02-2011, 05:23 PM
I fancy getting that one but do you have to have the name & number on the back?

Yes.

SlickShoes
09-02-2011, 05:38 PM
My dad went along to the shop to get me a couple, walked in at 3 minutes to 5 and was told to leave as the shop was closed. Doors were still open he was inside about to buy two strips but the guy told him they were closed, my dad asked if they didnt want his money and the guy said, sorry we are closed.

Pretty crap since he drove 45 minutes to get down there for me! You would think they would be wanting to sell as much stuff as possible just now.

magpie1892
09-02-2011, 05:41 PM
My dad went along to the shop to get me a couple, walked in at 3 minutes to 5 and was told to leave as the shop was closed. Doors were still open he was inside about to buy two strips but the guy told him they were closed, my dad asked if they didnt want his money and the guy said, sorry we are closed.

Pretty crap since he drove 45 minutes to get down there for me! You would think they would be wanting to sell as much stuff as possible just now.

Three minutes to five? That's considerate for people that have been on their feet all day!

Mikey
09-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Anyone know why the club isn't just selling these off at the local church hall. Cash only!

:tee hee:

Cocaine&Caviar
09-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Didnt even think about getting a LS one :rolleyes:

Jack
09-02-2011, 06:08 PM

Even if they do, who cares?

LancashireHibby
09-02-2011, 06:31 PM
Offer now available online, shall get one ordered soon :thumbsup:

Houchy
09-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Just ordered mine however I've gone and ordered a large. I'm normally between L and XL so I'll maybe be buying another one next week.

HibsMax
09-02-2011, 06:50 PM

That sucks. I understand that it's close to closing time but the key word here is CLOSE. If they were closed, why were the open? I don't know how long it takes to prepare the order you had in mind but it's not very good PR. Awww, poor sales person has to work a few minutes past 5. LOL.

HibsMax
09-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Three minutes to five? That's considerate for people that have been on their feet all day!
Maybe they should change the shop hours so that their day ends at 4:55pm instead? :wink:

HibsMax
09-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Done!! Palsson 91. 20 quid including shipping. :)

Speedy
09-02-2011, 07:02 PM

I would imagine the people that work there don't really care about the sales, it's not like they are making any more money from it.

Does anyone know if you have to get a name on the back of the shirt? I'd rather just get the shirt without anything printed on it.

P.S. I think I have worked out how I'm going to spend the £10 voucher I won on here :greengrin

SlickShoes
09-02-2011, 07:09 PM

Aye i suppose its no like anyone else works and raced there after work to try and get there for 5 you are completely correct.

NYHibby
09-02-2011, 07:57 PM
Does anyone know if you have to get a name on the back of the shirt? I'd rather just get the shirt without anything printed on it.

This has been asked a couple times already. Magpie1892 was at the shop today and posted that you have to get one of the names.

Houchy
09-02-2011, 08:20 PM
This has been asked a couple times already. Magpie1892 was at the shop today and posted that you have to get one of the names.

Sounds crazy but totally true. If you want one without a name, it's on the website as £24.99 for the SS version. Add to that the fact that Hibs are then adding 2 numbers plus a name and charging £14.99 less shows that they really want us to get right behind the new guys.:agree:

Speedy
09-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Sounds crazy but totally true. If you want one without a name, it's on the website as £24.99 for the SS version. Add to that the fact that Hibs are then adding 2 numbers plus a name and charging £14.99 less shows that they really want us to get right behind the new guys.:agree:

If they have already printed them then I can understand why but if they haven't then it doesn't make sense...

I had a look on the website and I expected the prices to be what they are on there. Has anyone tried asking in the shop? Are the shirts pre-printed?

LancashireHibby
09-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Palsson shirt now ordered along with a £1 HFC bottle opener that will no doubt come in handy on the train up at the next game I get to :thumbsup:

snooky
09-02-2011, 09:48 PM

Isn't Towell only in on loan? Could be back with Celtc at the end of the season, no? :dunno:
If so, do can we throw the Towell in and get a new strip?

ScottB
09-02-2011, 10:45 PM
Wow what an offer!!

Was tempted by Palsson but went with my firstname and chose Scott. Really fantastic offer from the club, can't wait to get my strip through :greengrin

H18SScottW
09-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Wow what an offer!!

Was tempted by Palsson but went with my firstname and chose Scott. Really fantastic offer from the club, can't wait to get my strip through :greengrin

:agree: Yep, SCOTT 44 strip hopefully on it's way up ASAP. Folk will think I'm older than I am though!

As long as the shop has had the foresight :confused: to stock up on the required letters and numbers to meet the likely demand (they surely already have all the strips they are likely to have sold over the remainder of this one's 'life') then this is an excellent idea. It's unlikely I would've spent anything in the club shop over the remainder of this season but, having chucked a few other bits in the basket aswell as the shirt, the club shift their stock and get some money in at what another post mentioned, must normally be a pretty quiet time of year ...

... might be a busy shop with this offer on Saturday matchday though!

Phil D. Rolls
10-02-2011, 08:17 AM
Are we not approaching the time when last season's strip is sold at cut price? Fantastic bit of marketing that means that people get two Hibs strips in a season for around about £60 (would that figure be fair).

You can't blame the club, it's how they make money, and money is how we fund players. I just find it stunning how people can say they are skint and continually shell out hard earned on these artefacts. Good luck to them though.

LancashireHibby
10-02-2011, 10:52 AM
Are we not approaching the time when last season's strip is sold at cut price? Fantastic bit of marketing that means that people get two Hibs strips in a season for around about £60 (would that figure be fair).

They'd already reduced them to £25 the other week. They'd run out of certain sizes earlier in the season but these are now back in stock so I think they must have banked on higher sales during the season that obviously haven't happened, no doubt related to the team's performance.

Phil D. Rolls
10-02-2011, 11:19 AM
They'd already reduced them to £25 the other week. They'd run out of certain sizes earlier in the season but these are now back in stock so I think they must have banked on higher sales during the season that obviously haven't happened, no doubt related to the team's performance.

A pretty innovative approach to the situation though, so fair play for them thinking outside the box.

tanfield
10-02-2011, 11:20 AM

:agree:

LancashireHibby
10-02-2011, 11:44 AM
A pretty innovative approach to the situation though, so fair play for them thinking outside the box.

Completely agree, better than them gathering dust in a storeroom somewhere.

hibsforeurope
10-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Has anyone been in to the shop today and got their shirt printed?
I was in after work yesterday and they said they had run out of some letters so could not print until the delivery come in today.

LancashireHibby
10-02-2011, 12:04 PM
I was in after work yesterday and they said they had run out of some letters so could not print until the delivery come in today.

Odds on that letter being 'S'? :wink:

Gatecrasher
10-02-2011, 12:12 PM
Thornhill on order for me :greengrin

Speedy
10-02-2011, 12:13 PM

Perfect opportunity to get the shirt without the printing?

NYHibby
10-02-2011, 12:15 PM
If they do run out of letters, maybe they will sell the shirts without names for the £10, which is exactly what some of us want.

Speedy
10-02-2011, 12:16 PM
If they do run out of letters, maybe they will sell the shirts without names for the £10, which is exactly what some of us want.

:agree: hopefully

SlickShoes
10-02-2011, 01:55 PM
My dad has just got me a couple but the shop have now run out of the letter S.

They expect more in tomorrow or Saturday.

nickwhibs
10-02-2011, 02:11 PM

Yeah hope they do this too.

mickeythehibbee
10-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Just been down and got my new Hibs home strip with Thornhill printed on the back! Top offer. :thumbsup:

They've run out of the letter S and the lady who served me said they should be getting some in the next few days.

I also got the last white I so thornhill's now only available on the mint strip!

iwasthere1972
10-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Just been down and got my new Hibs home strip with Thornhill printed on the back! Top offer. :thumbsup:

They've run out of the letter S and the lady who served me said they should be getting some in the next few days.

I also got the last white I so thornhill's now only available on the mint strip!

They could just use a 5 instead. Some folk on here do when they want to say 5hite etc. :greengrin

SouthMoroccoStu
10-02-2011, 02:52 PM

Heard there was more coming tomorrow!

AMAZING DEAL - Well done to the Hibees on this one.

Sing it :cgwa:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa

mentalhibee
10-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Picked up the Mint top with thornhill 26, couldn't get palsson, no S's. The woman said they are getting new letters for the home top but not for the away. Great deal.:top marks

SouthMoroccoStu
10-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Picked up the Mint top with thornhill 26, couldn't get palsson, no S's. The woman said they are getting new letters for the home top but not for the away. Great deal.:top marks

Gutted. It's the mint top with Palsson I wanted:confused:

mentalhibee
10-02-2011, 03:39 PM
Same here mate, said they are only getting the white letters in though not the black ones for the away.. Could have just been saying that to me to shift the thornhill top. Can't complain for £10quid tho.

SouthMoroccoStu
10-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Same here mate, said they are only getting the white letters in though not the black ones for the away.. Could have just been saying that to me to shift the thornhill top. Can't complain for £10quid tho.

Very true. But I still will:wink:

Gives me something to do tomorrow

Speedy
10-02-2011, 04:34 PM
My dad has just got me a couple but the shop have now run out of the letter S.

They expect more in tomorrow or aturday.

Fixed that for you :greengrin

OtterHibee
10-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Great deal from Hibs and good to see so many taking advantage of it :top marks

Not for me though. Think I'll stick with 'Hogg, 4' for the rest of the season :greengrin

fat freddy
10-02-2011, 05:26 PM
i was down getting tickets today...popped into the shop and i got a thornhill strip for a tenner....they'd run out of letters for palsson and sodje so it was a toss up between a towell,scott,the new goalie or thornhill....i took thornhill as it has more letters than the others which makes it an even better bargain...got a pair of kids slippers and 2 pairs of kids socks for a total of 4 quid....they're a tight fit but you cant let bargains like that pass you by..

snooky
10-02-2011, 06:58 PM
i was down getting tickets today...popped into the shop and i got a thornhill strip for a tenner....they'd run out of letters for palsson and sodje so it was a toss up between a towell,scott,the new goalie or thornhill....i took thornhill as it has more letters than the others which makes it an even better bargain...got a pair of kids slippers and 2 pairs of kids socks for a total of 4 quid....they're a tight fit but you cant let bargains like that pass you by..

I drove 20 miles into town to buy three tops at the shop this afternoon.
Got there at 4.30pm and the steel shutters were up. :brickwall
The website says 5pm closing!!!!!????
That's even worse than "open but closed at 4.55pm" as mentioned in an earlier post. What planet are the PR guys on?

Definitely cancelling my tickets for the Hibs "Piss-Up-In-A-Brewery" day trip.

weonlywon6-2
10-02-2011, 07:01 PM

:top marks

brilliant gesture by the club,well done

snooky
10-02-2011, 07:07 PM
:top marks

brilliant gesture by the club,well done

Do you mean shutting the shop before 4.30?

:stirrer:

greenlex
10-02-2011, 09:31 PM
I predict the store will run out of the letter S by the end of the week.

Edit - letter O might be in danger too. :greengrin

Dontcha just luv being a smarterse.:rolleyes: :agree::greengrin

IWasThere2016
10-02-2011, 09:34 PM
Great offer - well done the Hibs :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
10-02-2011, 09:55 PM

:hilarious "Give me the one with the most letters in it please"!

How were there enough S's for Scott but not for Palsson or Sodje?!

3pm
10-02-2011, 10:03 PM
:hilarious "Give me the one with the most letters in it please"!

How were there enough S's for Scott but not for Palsson or Sodje?!

Wait til Paatelainen returns. They'll be queueing round the blocks for all those letters. Round the block I tell you.

tomhorn
11-02-2011, 11:18 AM
anyone know if they got a new supply of letters in today?

Sherlock Jones
11-02-2011, 11:33 AM
anyone know if they got a new supply of letters in today?

Should be back in stock around mid-day tomorrow.

They'll sell you a blank shirt today and you can take it in when they have the letters and they'll do your printing.

So if folks want a blank shirt for a tenner... today's the best day.

Loopz
11-02-2011, 12:19 PM
Should be back in stock around mid-day tomorrow.

They'll sell you a blank shirt today and you can take it in when they have the letters and they'll do your printing.

So if folks want a blank shirt for a tenner... today's the best day.

This is correct. Just back from the shop with 2 new tops for £20.00 No names on back (not that I would have minded), but what a bargain. A nice surprise for my 11year old when he gets home from school.

tomhorn
11-02-2011, 12:20 PM
<p>
Should be back in stock around mid-day tomorrow.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>They'll sell you a blank shirt today and you can take it in when they have the letters and they'll do your printing.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
So if folks want a blank shirt for a tenner... today's the best day.</p>

Not quite. You can pay for it today but you can't collect it until it has been printed. And they are still out of numbers at the moment.

tomhorn
11-02-2011, 12:23 PM
<p></p>

Not quite. You can pay for it today but you can't collect it until it has been printed. And they are still out of numbers at the moment.

Folks - sorry if thats a bum steer but thatw what the shop just told me when i phoned...

Sherlock Jones
11-02-2011, 12:24 PM
<p></p>

So how come I'm sitting here with a blank shirt for a tenner? :greengrin

Sherlock Jones
11-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Folks - sorry if thats a bum steer but thatw what the shop just told me when i phoned...

Could be they're doing that over the phone to save you a journey. They take your order including who you want on the back then get in touch when it's ready?

tomhorn
11-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Could be they're doing that over the phone to save you a journey. They take your order including who you want on the back then get in touch when it's ready?

sorry mate - I dont doubt you. i just went with what they told me on the phone. The boy i spoke to said i could pay for it but wouldnt get it until it's printed. It put me off going down there which is a bummer cos i'd probablly be sitting with a home top for £10 if i had just went. Ach well, I'll head up an hour or so before kick off the morn and see what the queue is like.

Sherlock Jones
11-02-2011, 02:24 PM
sorry mate - I dont doubt you. i just went with what they told me on the phone. The boy i spoke to said i could pay for it but wouldnt get it until it's printed. It put me off going down there which is a bummer cos i'd probablly be sitting with a home top for £10 if i had just went. Ach well, I'll head up an hour or so before kick off the morn and see what the queue is like.

Nae bother mate. Good luck :aok:

tomhorn
12-02-2011, 09:18 AM
Nae bother mate. Good luck :aok:

Just picked up 2. Long and short sleeved. Still nae letter A's so if ye want Palsson, ye can take away unprinted and bring them back next week (or not)....

LancashireHibby
12-02-2011, 09:24 AM
In that case I might e-mail them to see if they will send it out unprinted, though I'm now come round to the idea of having my first printed shirt in years.

TornadoHibby
12-02-2011, 09:28 AM

Not true! :wink:

You can get a strip without a name if you want it at least up to noon today, as the numbers and letters required to put the names/numbers on the back of said strip don't arrive at the shop till around noon iirc! :agree:

The shop staff will hold onto the strip and put the numbers/letters on later if you want them but you can take the strip away without them if you want!

I suspect that will still be the position after noon too! :wink:

Jack
12-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Not true! :wink:

You can get a strip without a name if you want it at least up to noon today, as the numbers and letters required to put the names/numbers on the back of said strip don't arrive at the shop till around noon iirc! :agree:

The shop staff will hold onto the strip and put the numbers/letters on later if you want them but you can take the strip away without them if you want!

I suspect that will still be the position after noon too! :wink:

... and have a new players stuff added at a later date for free so long as you keep your receipt.

tanfield
12-02-2011, 10:43 AM
Been down this morning. No "a"'s so just collected an adult and kids long sleeved and can take them back next week to get them printed if I want to. Win/win

Hibernia Na Eir
12-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Got 2 shirts what a deal! Martin Lewis would be proud of this deal!

Calvin
13-02-2011, 06:55 AM
Got a Thornhill 26 long sleeve mint kit, Towell 34 home kit and a Divis 41 keeper strip for the princely sum of £30. Top notch.

ArabHibee
13-02-2011, 09:22 AM

Need to get an xxxxl to fit over my fat belly :greengrin

Fixed that for you.:aok:

blackpoolhibs
13-02-2011, 03:54 PM
I stood for 20 minutes in the queue after the game with a xxl home top. I handed it over and he gave me a new one in a bag. Got home last night, tried it on this morning, and thought thats tight, looked at it and the clowns given me an xl. Idiot.:grr:

Speedy
14-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Does anyone know if there is a time limit on this offer? I was going to get one already but i forgot my voucher.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-02-2011, 07:46 PM
In that case I might e-mail them to see if they will send it out unprinted, though I'm now come round to the idea of having my first printed shirt in years.

I e-mailed them asking that question this morning. Nae bother was the prompt reply!

Dunbar Hibee
14-02-2011, 08:01 PM
Ordered mine last Tuesday and still not came !

Green Man
15-02-2011, 07:44 AM
Went down to the shop yesterday and the guy said they've basically run out of every letter, he gave me the top unprinted and said I could get it done when the letters come back in - they're expecting them later this week but advised to phone first to check. I'm quite happy with no name on it.

.Sean.
15-02-2011, 08:31 AM
Excellent, again, from the club. I'll be ordering mine up and I should have no bother getting it signed by the squad. Put it in a nice frame and it should look quality!

LancashireHibby
15-02-2011, 10:50 AM
I e-mailed them asking that question this morning. Nae bother was the prompt reply!

Shall do that now then, cheers.

GreenCastle
15-02-2011, 01:54 PM
Just been in the club shop.

Bought 6 in total :greengrin

Bought x 1 for myself

x5 for other friends as gifts when I visit in different countries.

The offer is 10 quid for a top...that can be womens, adult - home or away and even both GK Tops!!

Asked before I bought about the shirt printing and said you don't have to get the name on the back of the shirt.

Think some of the letters were back in though - the guys seemed busy printing and the club probably happy to save money on giving free letters out.

Really good deal - get yourself to ER if you haven't already :agree:

DrSpaceMonkey
15-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Ordered mine last Tuesday and still not came !

same here :dunno: not fair :no way:

LancashireHibby
15-02-2011, 10:40 PM
same here :dunno: not fair :no way:

Best e-mailing the shop to see if they're waiting until they've got the letters back in stock. I had an email back this afternoon within about an hour of first contacting them and they said they'd send an unprinted shirt out to me by Special Delivery tonight :thumbsup:

SlickShoes
15-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Got my home and away ones but was told that you had to get lettering and number, they wouldnt sell me a blank shirt.

hibbymac
17-02-2011, 08:53 AM
Got my home and away ones but was told that you had to get lettering and number, they wouldnt sell me a blank shirt.

Went to the shop yesterday afternoon, asked if the £10 offer was still on for the tops, girl said yes and before I could ask the next question, she said, "and you don't need to have them printed", so 2 Adult tops ( Home & Away) 1 childs top, £30,........ was going to ask if I could get them any cheaper as they didn't have the cost of printing :greengrin

Great bargain, well done to Hibs.

The Slav
17-02-2011, 02:11 PM

Never go to Easter Road with SlickShoes

1st attempt - shop shut early and didn't get in
2nd attempt - No numbers or letters, so didn't get
3rd attempt - won't sell you a blank shirt, whilst everyone else seems to have no problems.

Ever thought of taking up watching Ice Hockey

GreenCastle
17-02-2011, 02:26 PM

3rd attempt - won't sell you a blank shirt, whilst everyone else seems to have no problems.

:faf:

SlickShoes
17-02-2011, 03:18 PM

I got two tops in the end and they have my own name on the back so i am happy with that! Second time they did have numbers but had run out of 'S'.

Gatecrasher
17-02-2011, 04:27 PM
my top came today, well chuffed :thumbsup:

LancashireHibby
17-02-2011, 05:42 PM
Top arrived today complete with Palsson printing. Result!

Hibernia Na Eir
22-02-2011, 09:22 AM
anyone know if this offer is still on (without the lettering)?

looking for an infant one for ma wee yin

hibbymac
22-02-2011, 09:41 AM
anyone know if this offer is still on (without the lettering)?

looking for an infant one for ma wee yin

From official site - "Terms and conditions: these offers are open from 9am, 8 February to 5pm, 25 February 2011, while stocks last."

Last Minute
22-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Fantastic offer, but don't understand why when I phoned the shop to ask if I bring my top in how much would it be to get Riordan and the number 10 on the back they said £22.95 ? :confused: I wanted it as was going to get it signed on Saturday and Framed. May just pop down and get the Palsson one for a tenner now.

Why is it so expensive just to get Riordan on the back of my own top.

TamHibs
22-02-2011, 09:45 AM
Fantastic offer, but don't understand why when I phoned the shop to ask if I bring my top in how much would it be to get Riordan and the number 10 on the back they said £22.95 ? :confused: I wanted it as was going to get it signed on Saturday and Framed. May just pop down and get the Palsson one for a tenner now.

Because the £10 offer only applies to the new signings.

Players that were here at the start of the season you still have to pay full whack for unfortunately.

hibbymac
22-02-2011, 09:56 AM

Think they've got their sums wrong, according to the official site it costs .85p per letter and 2.99 per number. :confused:

Hibs_SW
22-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Maybe they have picked you up wrong and thought you meant if buying a top and getting riordan on the back as aposed to taking your own in. As getting the top for 10 and the writing would equate to something along the lines of the price quoted.

While talking about prices and being picked up wrong at Easter Road i asked for half a pizza and bottle of water for my nephew last sat and was charged £6.30 and the boy started pouring a bovril and a coffee.....He thought i asked for a bovril and coffee dont know where that sounds like a bottle of water other than they both start with "B"!