PDA

View Full Version : Music Festivals

CB_NO3
08-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Beyonce headlining Glastonbury :wtf: is happening to the world. What happened to all the good rock bands over the years who used to stick one middle fingure up to the system and so on. Jay Z, I could just about put up with but beyonce mimeing and wiggling her ass for a couple of hours is just a farce and is not music as I know it. Whats next Take That to headline T in the Park. :brickwall.

.Sean.
08-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Beyonce headlining Glastonbury :wtf: is happening to the world. What happened to all the good rock bands over the years who used to stick one middle fingure up to the system and so on. Jay Z, I could just about put up with but beyonce mimeing and wiggling her ass for a couple of hours is just a farce and is not music as I know it. Whats next Take That to headline T in the Park. :brickwall.
Cannae wait to hear what King Noel has to say on this one :hilarious

Rockness for me this year. Kasabian confirmed already.

easty
08-02-2011, 06:29 PM

I wanted to see Jay-Z at TITP last year, but I was passed out in a portaloo after spewing all down myself watching The Cribs and deciding I was going for a sleep...

Pretty Boy
08-02-2011, 06:34 PM
I'm off to Coachella, good line up this year.

Kings of Leon headlining the Friday (this would have excited me 3 or 4 years ago). Also on the Friday are Black Keys, Interpol and Chemical Brothers.

Saturday headlined by Arcade Fire. Also appearing are Bright Eyes (whom i can't wait to see again), Animal Collective, Empire of the Sun and Mumford and Sons (:yawn:).

Sunday has 2 headliners: Kanye West and The Strokes (:thumbsup:). Probably the best day overall as it also features Duran Duran, Death from Above, Leftfield, Dj Zinc, Neon Trees, Jimmy Eat World, Nas, Damian Marley and PJ Harvey.

Can't wait.

.Sean.
08-02-2011, 06:48 PM
I'm off to Coachella, good line up this year.

Kings of Leon headlining the Friday (this would have excited me 3 or 4 years ago). Also on the Friday are Black Keys, Interpol and Chemical Brothers.

Saturday headlined by Arcade Fire. Also appearing are Bright Eyes (whom i can't wait to see again), Animal Collective, Empire of the Sun and Mumford and Sons (:yawn:).

Sunday has 2 headliners: Kanye West and The Strokes (:thumbsup:). Probably the best day overall as it also features Duran Duran, Death from Above, Leftfield, Dj Zinc, Neon Trees, Jimmy Eat World, Nas, Damian Marley and PJ Harvey.

Can't wait.
The Sunday sounds superb mate, a really excellent mixture of artists. Especially Duran Duran! :greengrin

MrRobot
08-02-2011, 08:05 PM
Jimmy Eat World are awesome.

Kinda fancy T for Blink 182 and Foo Fighters but dont the rest of the line up will be pish id imagine.

Download or Reading im hoping for.

stevensons-fan
08-02-2011, 10:17 PM
I'll be off to Creamfields again for the third time in a row. I absolutely love this festival, great music and pretty cheap too! Creamfields and Ibiza in the space of a few days, what a summer! :thumbsup:

Calvin
09-02-2011, 07:50 AM
I wanted to see Jay-Z at TITP last year, but I was passed out in a portaloo after spewing all down myself watching The Cribs and deciding I was going for a sleep...
:hilarious

I stayed conscious through the Cribs just because Unicorn Kid was on when they finished but woke up in a similar state in a corner of the Slam Tent later on during Fake Blood, then realising it was 9:20 and I'd missed half of Madness, thus performing the fastest 800m sprint ever seen at T!

I quite fancy Benicassim this year but it's the week after T so not sure if I could handle that, I require at least a weeks recuperation after T normally! Rock am Ring, Roskilde, Pukkelpop, Primavera and Sziget are all festivals I want to visit sooner rather than later.

Coachella looks great, wish I could jet off the the States for it. A genuine mixture of great artists and I never tire of seeing Interpol.

Unless Pulp get round to announcing a proper tour, I'll head down to see them at Wireless at the start of July.

The_Horde
12-02-2011, 05:18 AM

I think I saw you do that at the cribs. Was sitting on a wee patch of grass with my auld man, can mind laughing and him telling me he'd been in that state at festivals many a time.

Steve-O
15-02-2011, 07:07 AM
Beyonce headlining is a bit of a shocker to be honest. I'd even be less appalled if it was Lady Gaga...even she's better than Beyonce!

I am off to Soundwave in Australia in a couple of weeks...Iron Maiden headlining :rockin:

http://www.soundwavefestival.com/lineup

A fair bit of the line up is not really to my taste, but I'm actually glad because nobody I want to see clashes with anyone else! :agree:

Hibby70
15-02-2011, 04:25 PM
haddowfest, titp and wickerman again this year for me, waiting impatiently for more lineup news.

KdyHby
15-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Off to Wickerman again, 10th anniversary so hopefully some surprises.

Hillsidehibby
15-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Too many people with events management degrees if you ask me.

Calvin
16-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Got it confirmed that this year will be my first Benicassim.

We're seriously looking to go to InMusic festival in Zagreb. Has anyone been before?

cocopops1875
16-02-2011, 08:26 PM
Im off to reading this year having given up on T (too many people from glasgow) and oxegen ( the weather has been shocking both times iv been) done reading the day ivan popped in 3 :hibees scorching hot with my hibs top on with loads of english telling me the score :greengrin foo fighters,incubus,nofx,and iron maiden were no bad too

ArabHibee
16-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Rewind Festival for me.
:aok:

CropleyWasGod
16-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Glasto again for this old hippie.

Removed
16-02-2011, 08:57 PM
Rewind Festival for me.
:aok:

Rick Astley :faf: