PDA

View Full Version : NHC Keys and Gray back in broadcasting

H18sry
08-02-2011, 03:03 PM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/5123/6/keys-and-gray-sign-talksport :rolleyes:

Never took them long :rolleyes:

LancashireHibby
08-02-2011, 03:06 PM
It was either Al-Jazeera or TalkSport where they'd end up. Read in to that what you like!

suavegav
08-02-2011, 03:09 PM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/5123/6/keys-and-gray-sign-talksport :rolleyes:

Never took them long :rolleyes:

I wonder if they'll get to talk about syncronised swimming. :greengrin

jacomo
08-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Katie will be envious that these two friends managed to find new jobs at the same employer.

Maybe he'll facebook Scotty about it later.

Forthview
08-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Interesting, I'm sure talksport is owned by Sky.

H18sry
08-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Interesting, I'm sure talksport is owned by Sky.

http://www.utvmedia.com/radio/ Part of the UTV media group

heretoday
08-02-2011, 03:51 PM
I can picture it now.

They'll be trying to avoid any sexist remarks "Oops we're not allowed to say that Andy!"

"Over to the lovely Nikki for the weather. Sorry, Nikki, no offence!"

White Van men everywhere will be in fits.

Salary-wise I expect it'll be a big comedown - not that they need the money.

aberhibsfc
08-02-2011, 04:20 PM
I'm not saying their behaviour was right and although it seems they were deliberately set up, they still had to say the words.

They should have got their knuckles wrapped. It's a PC storm in a tea cup. They shouldn't be cast up as poster boys but they needn't be continually castigated either.

I wish all the worlds problems were as simple as this.

I still think they're a pair of annoying tw@ts, especially Gray on my beloved EA FIFA. But at least when they are on Talk Sport I can happily avoid them as they are all twonks on there.

I hope SKY resist pimping Nickerless as some pundit messiah, he can't string a single sentence without sounding like an Elmer.

Groathillgrump
08-02-2011, 04:31 PM
They'll fit in well at Talksport. Anytime I've listened to it it's been full of xenophobic, laddish, white van man drivel. It's a marriage made in heaven IMHO.

heretoday
08-02-2011, 04:33 PM
I'm not saying their behaviour was right and although it seems they were deliberately set up, they still had to say the words.

They should have got their knuckles wrapped. It's a PC storm in a tea cup. They shouldn't be cast up as poster boys but they needn't be continually castigated either.

I wish all the worlds problems were as simple as this.

I still think they're a pair of annoying tw@ts, especially Gray on my beloved EA FIFA. But at least when they are on Talk Sport I can happily avoid them as they are all twonks on there.

I hope SKY resist pimping Nickerless as some pundit messiah, he can't string a single sentence without sounding like an Elmer.

I think you're right about the storm in a teacup. An apology on Sky would have sufficed. The furore hurt the woman in the case more than Keys/Gray.

I listen to Talksport quite a lot. Generally, it's tongue in cheek. Two presenters often take up opposite positions on some current topic and provoke argument.

Some of the humour is dry and amusing - notably Hawksbee and Jacobs. Danny Kelly is a genuinely clever and articulate man.

FifeeHibee
08-02-2011, 05:57 PM
:greengrinHopefully they'll stick to commentating on women's sport.

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Alan Brazil wont be happy, him and Gray detest each other. :take that:take that As a side note, love him or hate him the station will miss Mike Parry, he's resigned today, although there's been no reason given, i think its to do with this appointment?

E.T. is a Hibee
08-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Talk Sport is part of group of companies that make up the Sky Corp, why have they given these two strokers a job! I cant stand them, the station is for folk with below average intelligence and this prooves it!

They will loose more listners than gain with this!

Gatecrasher
08-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Talk Sport is part of group of companies that make up the Sky Corp, why have they given these two strokers a job! I cant stand them, the station is for folk with below average intelligence and this prooves it!

I like talk sport, they talk about football all day, its better than the local stations who all seem to have NOW 5694520 (or whatever number its on now) on random for weeks on end.

I hope its not cold away up on your high horse :rolleyes:

E.T. is a Hibee
08-02-2011, 07:37 PM
I like talk sport, they talk about football all day, its better than the local stations who all seem to have NOW 5694520 (or whatever number its on now) on random for weeks on end.

I hope its not cold away up on your high horse :rolleyes:

Mate, apart from Danny Kelly the DJ's are a bit tedious. Maybe when I was in my twenties I would of liked it but nowadays I find it crap and it's full of rent a gobs!

5 Live kicks the a**e off it!

snooky
08-02-2011, 07:37 PM
I think you're right about the storm in a teacup. An apology on Sky would have sufficed. The furore hurt the woman in the case more than Keys/Gray.

I listen to Talksport quite a lot. Generally, it's tongue in cheek. Two presenters often take up opposite positions on some current topic and provoke argument.

Some of the humour is dry and amusing - notably Hawksbee and Jacobs. Danny Kelly is a genuinely clever and articulate man.

:agree: God bless the media. They got their headline and in the process probably ruined an innocent young girl's career as a referee. That's the tragedy.

Meanwhiles, I see the twin-twats have managed to land on their feet.

E.T. is a Hibee
08-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Mike Parry was brilliant..A great tease.What happened there?

Looked around the station and started to notice that it resembled a home for the menatlly ******ed!

The Hurricane
08-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Looked around the station and started to notice that it resembled a home for the menatlly ******ed!
Mike Parry was and is a broadcasting legend massive miss and I for one will not be tuning in between 10 and 1 to listen to those 2 arrogant sleazebags

Captain Trips
08-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Not impresssed that they are on and Parry has quit, I just dont really like them but Parry was a good laugh.

lucky
08-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Parry was a total fud but always worth listening just to see how many people call up or text just to have a go at him. It a station based on winding listeners up to get them to text or call. I did enjoy when George Galloway stood in for Parry as the little Englanders would go ape ****. Better than most radio station but unsure what these too will bring to it.

Hiber-nation
08-02-2011, 08:53 PM
They'll fit in well at Talksport. Anytime I've listened to it it's been full of xenophobic, laddish, white van man drivel. It's a marriage made in heaven IMHO.

:agree:

Correctemundo Grumpy. I'd rather listen to the cricket on 5 live than listen to that pish.

essexhibee
08-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Que andy gray exclusive newspaper interview now he's back in a job. Andy gray "my sexism hell" or Andy gray "Im sorry".

Fat bassas should GTF. Despicle comments said in a spiteful manor. Yet more drivel from the guy who never shuts up moaning during his "commentary" .

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Think Talksport also took Rodney Marsh after his Tsunami gaffe. Generally can't stand this station but TBH I would only listen to it in the car and the reception is gash.

heretoday
08-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Parry was a total fud but always worth listening just to see how many people call up or text just to have a go at him. It a station based on winding listeners up to get them to text or call. I did enjoy when George Galloway stood in for Parry as the little Englanders would go ape ****. Better than most radio station but unsure what these too will bring to it.

I agree. It's a wind-up and most of their presenters are good at it. Parry was the ultimate. He played the buffoon and provoked the white van man's natural propensity to bully and jeer at the wee fat guy. I actually thought he was one of the bosses there. Maybe not.

I don't think Gray and Keys will fit in. It's clear they've just been taken on because of the current tabloid value. They don't know any more about football than most pundits and I can't see them doing the wind-up thing very well.

Talk Sport doesn't pretend to be anything other than a commercial station with a throwaway content. What I really hate about Five Live is the way they try to reach down to us footy types and be laddish. All their Greenys, Lauros and that specky Irish bloke can take a hike for my money - and it is my money come to think of it!

4 Front Teeth
08-02-2011, 10:25 PM

Takes one to know one Teflon.

skipster7
09-02-2011, 09:08 AM

i sometimes tune in to see what they might be debating,it can be quite funny sometimes, same as posting about low IQ and with 2 spelling mistakes :faf:

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2011, 09:11 AM
Mike Parry was brilliant..A great tease.What happened there?

If my memory is right, Brazil and Gray were on sky when it first started, and Brazil was touting himself as the font of all knowledge as a football pundit. They were both up for the job with Keys, and Gray got it. Brazil was not happy and gave a newspaper article slating Gray. A few days later he was dumped from sky.

lapsedhibee
09-02-2011, 09:16 AM
i sometimes tune in to see what they might be debating,it can be quite funny sometimes, same as posting about low IQ and with 2 spelling mistakes :faf:
Or 3.

E.T. is a Hibee
09-02-2011, 10:26 AM

Aye v gid, what are you spelling bee champion 2010!

poolman
09-02-2011, 10:36 AM

Aye, right then :rolleyes:

sambajustice
09-02-2011, 10:39 AM

:greengrin:faf:

It doesnt stop there though, go to post #18, if you can find it, you might not be able to if you're "menatlly" ******ed... :wink:

poolman
09-02-2011, 10:46 AM

Has it gone off air :rolleyes: