PDA

View Full Version : Danny Galbraith Called Up To Scotland U21's

Darth Hibbie
07-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Not seen it mentioned elsewhere but Danny has been added to the squad for the U21's next game.

Well done Danny :thumbsup:

H18sry
07-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Called up to the u-21's squad :thumbsup:

Scotland U21 squad update:
OUT: Steven Saunders (Motherwell), Graeme Shinnie (Inverness Caledonian Thistle), Bradden Inman (Newcastle United), Jamie Ness (Rangers)
IN: Kieran Duffie (Falkirk), Ryan Jack (Aberdeen), Danny Galbraith (Hibernian), Dale Hilson (Dundee United on loan to Forfar)

happiehibbie
07-02-2011, 10:03 AM
well I never thought that would happen he a lucky boy !!

Stevie Reid
07-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Had a really good wee cameo against St. Mirren last Wednesday. He has the attributes to earn himself a new contract.

blackpoolhibs
07-02-2011, 10:54 AM
Well done Danny. :top marks

matty_f
07-02-2011, 11:58 AM
I think Danny's been coming onto a game in recent weeks and has given a good contribution to the side.

The call up is definitely merited, and I hope it's the first of many more for him.

He's definitely one I'd be keeping at the club. Still very young and has a lot of improving to do, it would be great if he did that at Hibs.

Golden Bear
07-02-2011, 12:34 PM
Congratulations Danny.

Brilliant for you and brilliant for the Club.

:thumbsup:

silverhibee
07-02-2011, 01:17 PM
I think Danny's been coming onto a game in recent weeks and has given a good contribution to the side.

The call up is definitely merited, and I hope it's the first of many more for him.

He's definitely one I'd be keeping at the club. Still very young and has a lot of improving to do, it would be great if he did that at Hibs.

:agree:

JimBHibees
07-02-2011, 01:43 PM

I agree he had an amazing run in the Motherwell game recently when he sped past about 5 Well players. As you say he looks like he is improving and hopefully CC can continue to develop him as a player.

poolman
07-02-2011, 01:49 PM

Why exactly

Jim44
07-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Look's like Harry Potter has no input to the U21's selection. :wink::rolleyes:

happiehibbie
07-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Why exactly

I dont think he is good enough for Scotland or Hibs but i hope he proves me wrong

Golden Bear
07-02-2011, 02:54 PM
I dont think he is good enough for Scotland or Hibs but i hope he proves me wrong

I'm sure he will.

scoopyboy
07-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Happy for Danny too.

Four Hibs players is excellent.

Only negative for me however is they are due to play Killie tomorrow and Morton Wednesday.

I understand the Hibs boys aren't playing against Morton at the club's request but I hope Killie don't knock lumps out them with a view to this weekend.

Simkin911's-Son
07-02-2011, 03:52 PM
Congrats Danny :thumbsup:
can only do wonders for his confidence :agree:

frazeHFC
07-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Happy for Danny too.

Only negative for me however is they are due to play Killie tomorrow and Morton Wednesday.

I understand the Hibs boys aren't playing against Morton at the club's request but I hope Killie don't knock lumps out them with a view to this weekend.

Never knew we were playing them, i'd rather they were pulled out of the Killie game for the reason that you mentioned.

Hibs90
07-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Really? He's done nothing to stand out tbh, maybe worth a year's extension to see if he can step up a bit more but that's about it.

scoopyboy
07-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Never knew we were playing them, i'd rather they were pulled out of the Killie game for the reason that you mentioned.

Not 100% but I think Hibs might want them back to EM on Wednesday as the players generally get Thursdays off.

.Sean.
07-02-2011, 08:01 PM
Happy for Danny too.

:agree:

However, they are 'pencilled in' to play some part of the game versus Killie.

hfc rd
07-02-2011, 09:44 PM
He has peformed really well in the team and I hope him and Deeks are given a contract extension sooner rather than later.
Well done Danny on this brilliant and well deserved achievement. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:.

lucky
07-02-2011, 10:36 PM
I Think the jury is still out on him. He appears to have potential but often his final ball is poor

Dashing Bob S
07-02-2011, 11:17 PM

If he has two legs that are roughly the same size he's good enough for Scotland.

snooky
07-02-2011, 11:26 PM
If he has two legs that are roughly the same size he's good enough for Scotland.

Overqualified, I'd say.

Shrekko
08-02-2011, 07:02 AM
Look's like Harry Potter has no input to the U21's selection. :wink::rolleyes:
Remember- Danny has been at Hearts so qualifies.

Tricla
08-02-2011, 07:14 AM

Really? He's done nothing to stand out tbh, maybe worth a year's extension to see if he can step up a bit more but that's about it.

Nothing like showing a bit of support for one of your own eh. :rolleyes:

Hamish
08-02-2011, 02:32 PM
I Think the jury is still out on him. He appears to have potential but often his final ball is poor

The final sentence would apply to 95% of decent wingers I reckon

Hamish
08-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Nothing like showing a bit of support for one of your own eh. :rolleyes:

Seems to be a fairly regular thing on .net now by some posters - any chance to post a negative comment is relished

PeterboroHibee
08-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Galbraiths only 20 and people are already doubting whether hes got it :confused:. Maybe in a few years but hes still got a lot of developing to do, and its only recently hes been getting a decent run in the first team.

Think hes got ability, his decision making and final ball are questionable at times but thats just youth and inexperience, with good coaching reckon he could be a good player. Think it would be ridiculous to write of a young player so quickly.

As for the call up, he must be doing something right as the Scotland U21s are decent, and if it gives him a bit more experience and confidence then its only a good thing.

scoopyboy
09-02-2011, 08:46 AM
All four of our laddies played yesterday against Killie.

Killie full strength apart from Eremenko.

Scotland won 2-0.

CC watching.

Forgot to say all 4 back at EM today as CC didn't want them to be away for another day.

truehibernian
09-02-2011, 08:58 AM

Scotland won 2-0.

CC watching.

Forgot to say all 4 back at EM today as CC didn't want them to be away for another day.

Good stuff scoopy.

Was Bryson given any game time do you know. I think he was back doing light training. Could do with him and Eremenko being absent at the weekend to be honest.

scoopyboy
09-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Good stuff scoopy.

Was Bryson given any game time do you know. I think he was back doing light training. Could do with him and Eremenko being absent at the weekend to be honest.

Pretty sure Bryson played with a view to having him ready for Saturday.

truehibernian
09-02-2011, 09:16 AM
Pretty sure Bryson played with a view to having him ready for Saturday.

Cheers mate.

With Eremenko suspended, could have done with Bryson being out a bit longer. Very hopeful of a Hibs win though with our midfield now looking much more competitive and balanced.

.Sean.
09-02-2011, 05:01 PM

Scotland won 2-0.

CC watching.

Was about to post this but you've beat me to it. Unsure how much game-time Hanlon, Galbraith or D got but Callum Booth got the full 90. All the Hibs boys got home last night.

There was an under-21s game earlier today aswell, any info on that Scoop?

scoopyboy
09-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Was about to post this but you've beat me to it. Unsure how much game-time Hanlon, Galbraith or D got but Callum Booth got the full 90. All the Hibs boys got home last night.

There was an under-21s game earlier today aswell, any info on that Scoop?

Just know that it was Morton they were going to be playing.

I think it was a strong team that played yesterday and it may be others that are getting a game today.

truehibernian
09-02-2011, 05:12 PM
4-3 for Scotland U21's......cracking game apparently

.Sean.
09-02-2011, 05:15 PM
4-3 for Scotland U21's......cracking game apparently
Cheers :aok:

truehibernian
09-02-2011, 05:16 PM
Scotland won it at the death sean......text from my only Morton supporting mate. And it wasn't Arthur Montford :greengrin