PDA

View Full Version : interpol investigate match fixing - newcastle vs arsenal

steviecarnie
06-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Best rumour ive ever heard!!! Personally think its drivel because why would interpol be investigating this rumour of rosicky and dowd? it would be the met police and northumberland police. not interpol

http://talldah.co.uk/newcastle-arsenal-interpol-investigation/

Number69
06-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Better give me my £113 the *******s cost me then!!!! Only team to let me down you can imagine how gobsmacked i was!!!:agree:

Supraninja
06-02-2011, 09:21 PM
What, are they gonna investigate Tiote's boots for potential laser guiding systems :confused:

3pm
06-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Pish.

Zazu62
06-02-2011, 09:49 PM
It's just not cricket :wink:

iwasthere1972
06-02-2011, 09:52 PM
It's just not cricket :wink:

Asif you would know butt I wouldn't rule it out. Amir keeping an open mind. :wink:

Toaods
06-02-2011, 10:03 PM
If large amounts have been placed at that stage it is worth looking into.

3pm
06-02-2011, 10:19 PM
If large amounts have been placed at that stage it is worth looking into.

So the team 2nd top of the league, having not won a trophy in 5 years, threw the game?

Removed
06-02-2011, 10:23 PM
So the team 2nd top of the league, having not won a trophy in 5 years, threw the game?

Did Interpol investigate the goings on in 1986 when the team at the top threw the double :dunno:

3pm
06-02-2011, 10:27 PM
Did Interpol investigate the goings on in 1986 when the team at the top threw the double :dunno:

They were just 5h1te.

lapsedhibee
06-02-2011, 10:54 PM

What happened in 1986 like? :dunno:

--------
07-02-2011, 12:33 AM
Best rumour ive ever heard!!! Personally think its drivel because why would interpol be investigating this rumour of rosicky and dowd? it would be the met police and northumberland police. not interpol

http://talldah.co.uk/newcastle-arsenal-interpol-investigation/

I see Arsene's English gets no better, then.

I can see their point, though - it's not often a team throws away a four-goal lead in a vital league match. I can't think of another game where that's happened recently ...

... can you? :devil:

Removed
07-02-2011, 12:36 AM
What happened in 1986 like? :dunno:

It was big news at the time. Ended up in a knighthood. Sir Albert I think his name was :dunno:

Jack
07-02-2011, 07:44 AM
I see Arsene's English gets no better, then.

I can see their point, though - it's not often a team throws away a four-goal lead in a vital league match. I can't think of another game where that's happened recently ...

... can you? :devil:

That wuz murder, well I thought so!

Winston Ingram
07-02-2011, 08:05 AM
Seems to all centre around Tomas Rosicky. Gave away a penalty for the 3rd goal, the free-kick for the 4th and also played Leon Best onside for the goal that was disallowed. I'd be surprised if he was guilty though. He's not a regular so picking him to do your dirty work would be a little strange as he is rarely on the pitch

Green_one
07-02-2011, 08:08 AM
It was big news at the time. Ended up in a knighthood. Sir Albert I think his name was :dunno:

SAINT Albert please :greengrin

lapsedhibee
07-02-2011, 09:35 AM
Seems to all centre around Tomas Rosicky. Gave away a penalty for the 3rd goal, the free-kick for the 4th and also played Leon Best onside for the goal that was disallowed. I'd be surprised if he was guilty though. He's not a regular so picking him to do your dirty work would be a little strange as he is rarely on the pitch

Shirley Dowd gave away the penalty for the third goal.

H18sry
07-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Interpol deny investigation into Newcastle-Arsenal game
Interpol has this morning denied reports in the French media that it is investigating Newcastle’s 4-4 draw with Arsenal on suspicion of match-fixing.
A French television station reported at the weekend that German authorities had alerted senior Interpol officials after spotting suspicious betting patterns during Saturday’s game, which ended in a draw after Arsenal led 4-0 at half-time.
An Interpol spokeswoman told the Telegraph this morning that it does not conduct independent investigations and has not received any information or request for assistance in relation to the allegations.
“Interpol is not aware of any request for assistance and any investigation would be conducted by national authorities. Interpol’s general secretariat has not been asked to provide any assistance in relation to this matter,” said the spokeswoman.
The Premier League has not been notified of any investigation into the game at St James’s Park.
SOURCE: Telegraph
As ridiculous as the proceedings at St James’ Park appeared to be, it was about par for the course in what was an astounding weekend of Premier League action. There must been a hell of a lot of money wasted on bets on sure things both with those who backed Chelsea and Man United to win.
Someone will almost certainly have backed Arsenal to win the game when 4-0 up at half time, the odds would have of course been absurd so no doubt lots of money was placed in order to make it worthwhile. Those people will then have watched on in horror as Newcastle staged one hell of a come back.
The French national TV station who reported on the ‘match-fixing’ investigation may want to sack the researcher who dug/made up the information as to proclaim such a turn around as a deliberate act is bordering on the insane.
If you are going to fix a match there are more believable ways of doing so, if there were indeed a flurry of bets on Newcastle to come back and seal a 4-4 draw then one would imagine that a mental institution perhaps allowed their patients access to betting accounts and were told to ‘prove their craziness’ at approximately 4pm UK Time.
On the subject of the match itself. What a cracker! Those who thought that Blackpool vs Man United was the game of the season will have to re-think that assessment after the excellent match at between the Magpies and the Gunners.

CropleyWasGod
07-02-2011, 11:37 AM
Ok, as a non-better, would it not be the case that there would have been unusual betting patterns at HT anyway? ie thousands on Arsenal to win, given that they were 4 up. Crap odds, sure, but easy money....