PDA

View Full Version : Record attendance for German 2nd Division game.

Keith_M
06-02-2011, 07:18 PM
The Berlin Derby yesterday set a new record for a German 2nd Division (Bundesliga II) game.

The attendance for Hertha v Union was 72,244 (http://www.stadionwelt.de/sw_stadien/index.php?head=Saisonrekord-Hertha-gegen-Union-ausver)! (article in German).

If Hibs get relegated, do you think we could beat that? :greengrin

ScottB
06-02-2011, 07:19 PM
To be fair, weren't Hetha a top league team till very recently?

But yeah, the Germans showing that by making the tickets cheap, lots of folk will come!

Iggy Pope
06-02-2011, 07:25 PM

But yeah, the Germans showing that by making the tickets cheap, lots of folk will come!

And you can have a beer at the game

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Was at Hertha v Bayern a couple of years ago, good w-end.

Ringothedog
06-02-2011, 07:59 PM
The Berlin Derby yesterday set a new record for a German 2nd Division (Bundesliga II) game.

The attendance for Hertha v Union was 72,244 (http://www.stadionwelt.de/sw_stadien/index.php?head=Saisonrekord-Hertha-gegen-Union-ausver)! (article in German).

If Hibs get relegated, do you think we could beat that? :greengrin

My wife says it is actually the 3rd highest ever attendance for their 2nd division, but what an incredible crowd:not worth

Part/Time Supporter
06-02-2011, 08:14 PM
http://www.exberliner.com/articles/common-enemies

This blog was originally published on February 2, before 1.FC Union published an open letter to their media partner – B.Z. – calling for an apology over a B.Z. headline that describes Union's goalkeepers as Trottel ("morons"). Today the story has been changed on the B.Z. website to Patzer ("blunderers"). It's not all hugs and kisses before the derby.

B.Z. being the main Berlin tabloid newspaper. I can't see the EEN ever doing that with Hibs or Hertz players.

:greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
06-02-2011, 08:16 PM

It's a bit easier when you have lots of people. Berlin metropolitan area has as many people as the whole of Scotland. And you don't have Rantic 50 miles along the motorway.

Keith_M
06-02-2011, 09:22 PM
My wife says it is actually the 3rd highest ever attendance for their 2nd division, but what an incredible crowd:not worth

Just checked and you're right. Apologies for the misleading info.

Where's your wife from? (I take it she's german)

So I'm not the only one on here with a german missus :greengrin

IberianHibernian
06-02-2011, 09:48 PM
If we`re ever in Div 1 at same time as Hearts ( unlikely but not impossible ) we`d probably get bigger crowd than we get in SPL for Derbies . Back in 70s I remember a Hearts v Dundee ( then a big team with a big support ) in First ( maybe called second then ) getting 20,000 and we got about 12,000 against Raith a few years later . last time we were in Div 1 we had some big crowds (16,000 against Falkirk in last game for example ) and other European clubs like Tottenham or Betis have had big crowds in second division .

reservoir hibee
06-02-2011, 11:40 PM

im trying to get a german to be my missus

nickwhibs
07-02-2011, 11:19 AM

Yeah they were in the Bundesliga last season. They were also in the Uefa Cup/Europa League latter stages. Went to see them against Benfica. Was 'only' about 40,000+ at that game but unbelievable atmosphere. They are a big club though, and the fact there was a local derby for the first time in years, it doesn't surprise me them having 72,000 against Union. Still v. impressive though!

Ringothedog
07-02-2011, 11:33 AM

She is from Berlin and a Hertha supporter, as well as Hibs obviously. Her wee mini moustache is the give away :wink:

Banter
07-02-2011, 01:25 PM
:hijack: A little of topic I know, but I am organizing a stag do to Berlin in April and was hoping to attend the Hertha v Vfl Osnabruck in April.

Was really wondering how easy it is to get your hands on tickets and the best areas in the ground?

Cheers in Advance.

Keith_M
07-02-2011, 02:13 PM
She is from Berlin and a Hertha supporter, as well as Hibs obviously. Her wee mini moustache is the give away :wink:

Yours as well? I'm always trying to get Beate to shave her moustache off, but nothing doing :wink:

p.s. Don't mention the war!

Keith_M
07-02-2011, 02:14 PM
im trying to get a german to be my missus

Any particular German or are you not that fussy?

<<<<-------- Oh aye, she's no use to you then because she's Austrian :wink:

DC_Hibs
07-02-2011, 03:54 PM
:hijack: A little of topic I know, but I am organizing a stag do to Berlin in April and was hoping to attend the Hertha v Vfl Osnabruck in April.

Was really wondering how easy it is to get your hands on tickets and the best areas in the ground?

Cheers in Advance.

You will get tickets easy.

The only place for any atmosphere at Berlin (other than the away end) is the Ostkurve http://www.stadionwelt.de/sw_stadien/images/stadionguides/deutschland/hertha_bsc_berlin/stadionplan_520.jpg

Bear in mind that the game could be a Fri (1800), Sat or Sun afternoon or Mon (2015) as the dates are not finalised for April games yet and might not be for a good few weeks.

Banter
07-02-2011, 04:36 PM
You will get tickets easy.

The only place for any atmosphere at Berlin (other than the away end) is the Ostkurve http://www.stadionwelt.de/sw_stadien/images/stadionguides/deutschland/hertha_bsc_berlin/stadionplan_520.jpg

Bear in mind that the game could be a Fri (1800), Sat or Sun afternoon or Mon (2015) as the dates are not finalised for April games yet and might not be for a good few weeks.

:aok: Cheers

I thought the game could be moved looking at the previous fixtures. Is is best to book tickets or just turn up on the day?

Iggy Pope
07-02-2011, 04:40 PM
If we`re ever in Div 1 at same time as Hearts ( unlikely but not impossible ) we`d probably get bigger crowd than we get in SPL for Derbies . Back in 70s I remember a Hearts v Dundee ( then a big team with a big support ) in First ( maybe called second then ) getting 20,000 and we got about 12,000 against Raith a few years later . last time we were in Div 1 we had some big crowds (16,000 against Falkirk in last game for example ) and other European clubs like Tottenham or Betis have had big crowds in second division .

I could be very wrong but I recall them letting Social Security claimants in for hee-haw that day.
Not knocking it, but I think it swelled the gate considerably as there were more than a few on the dole at this time!

DC_Hibs
07-02-2011, 07:22 PM
:aok: Cheers

I thought the game could be moved looking at the previous fixtures. Is is best to book tickets or just turn up on the day?

I'd suggest getting them in advance to try and get tickets for the lower tier behind that goal. Hertha ticketing page says Osnabrück tickets will be available 6 weeks before the game.

Here's the link, https://www.eventimsports.de/shops/index.php3?shopid=12 you can get an idea of ordering process by having a look at games available now (ostkurve unterring are sold out for both). Section P looks best bet if not avail for your game.

Keep your eye on this page http://www.bundesliga.de/de/liga2/matches/2010/index.php?tag=30 as it will show you when dates are decided for that weekend.

hfc rd
07-02-2011, 09:27 PM
The Hertha Berlin stadium is the national stadium for the German National team.

reservoir hibee
07-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Any particular German or are you not that fussy?

<<<<-------- Oh aye, she's no use to you then because she's Austrian :wink:

a VERY particular german who i will be seeing again in 5 weeks time after a spell apart as she went back to zee fasherland for a bit

i believe she is a bremen fan which is at least the right colour combination:wink:

any insights into a german girls psyche would be greatly appreciatted as i believe them to be a little bit "different" from experience teh berlin wall is an understatment when it comes to talking about sh'##

DC_Hibs
07-02-2011, 10:51 PM
The Hertha Berlin stadium is the national stadium for the German National team.

They play their games all over the country - 2011 games are everywhere but Berlin

09.02.2011 20.45
Deutschland - Italien: Dortmund
26.03.2011 20.00
Deutschland - Kasachstan: Kaiserslautern
29.03.2011 20.45
Deutschland - Australien: Mönchengladbach
29.05.2011 20.00
Deutschland - Uruguay: Sinsheim
Deutschland - Brasilien: Stuttgart
02.09.2011 20.45
Deutschland - Österreich: Gelsenkirchen
Deutschland - Belgien: Düsseldorf

Keith_M
08-02-2011, 09:32 AM
a VERY particular german who i will be seeing again in 5 weeks time after a spell apart as she went back to zee fasherland for a bit

i believe she is a bremen fan which is at least the right colour combination:wink:

any insights into a german girls psyche would be greatly appreciatted as i believe them to be a little bit "different" from experience teh berlin wall is an understatment when it comes to talking about sh'##

Well, strangely enough, where they're from really matters. Obviously, Ossies are the best (have to say that, I'm married to one), but Wessies are OK :wink:

I just find them quite cool and without a lot of the hangups of British people.

Only drawback I've found is I've yet to meet one that's happy about dressing up like Helga from Allo Allo. Strange that.....

Hibernia Na Eir
08-02-2011, 09:35 AM
Was at Hertha v Bayern a couple of years ago, good w-end.

can testify this :agree:

Banter
08-02-2011, 04:50 PM
I'd suggest getting them in advance to try and get tickets for the lower tier behind that goal. Hertha ticketing page says Osnabrück tickets will be available 6 weeks before the game.

Here's the link, https://www.eventimsports.de/shops/index.php3?shopid=12 you can get an idea of ordering process by having a look at games available now (ostkurve unterring are sold out for both). Section P looks best bet if not avail for your game.

Keep your eye on this page http://www.bundesliga.de/de/liga2/matches/2010/index.php?tag=30 as it will show you when dates are decided for that weekend.

Solid:aok: