PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton v Hibs - why not play it on Scottish Cup 1/4 final day?

Billy Whizz
06-02-2011, 02:03 PM
This game is re-scheduled forTuesday 1st March.
Why don't they do us all a favour and move this to Saturday 12th March instead. Both teams have a free Saturday as we're now both out of the Scottish Cup.
Would that be too sensible an idea for the SPL?

Keith_M
06-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Can't the clubs request this?

:dunno:

Leithenhibby
06-02-2011, 02:14 PM
When did common sense prevail in the SPL :rolleyes:

Don't hold your breath, but it would be better all round if it was switched ..

Billy Whizz
06-02-2011, 02:17 PM
Can't the clubs request this?

:dunno:

I hope so. If they don't we won't have a game on
Saturday 12th March
Saturday 19th March - Game will be cancelled against Celtic at Parkhead. They are playing Rangers at Hampden on Sunday 20th in the CIS cup final.
Saturday 26th March - no game as it's International weekend!
So we may only have one Saturday match in the whole of March

nickwhibs
06-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Would definitely make sense to do this :agree:

Removed
06-02-2011, 04:20 PM
So we may only have one Saturday match in the whole of March

That's pish (not your post but the fact if it works out that way)

Billy Whizz
06-02-2011, 04:56 PM
That's pish (not your post but the fact if it works out that way)

Agree, and no home games either in March

Diclonius
06-02-2011, 05:03 PM
And guess who we play, after a break of ONE MONTH, leaving us unfit and totally unprepared for the game?

Hearts. :bitchy:

Lucky *******s, as per usual.

Reaper
06-02-2011, 08:12 PM
And guess who we play, after a break of ONE MONTH, leaving us unfit and totally unprepared for the game?

They'll need aw the help they can get against us now :devil:

brog
06-02-2011, 08:20 PM
The scheduling of games in SPL is always a joke, for that reason your commonsense suggestion is likely to go whooooosh past the ears of the clowns dreaming of a 10 team league. Hopefully someone from ER may read this, we need all support we can get right now for these vital games.

scoopyboy
06-02-2011, 08:33 PM
This game is re-scheduled forTuesday 1st March.
Why don't they do us all a favour and move this to Saturday 12th March instead. Both teams have a free Saturday as we're now both out of the Scottish Cup.
Would that be too sensible an idea for the SPL?

Perfect sense me old son and it could happen.

When we were at home to Rangers there were only 5 games played that midweek.

Because of the League Cup semis Hamilton and Killie didn't have a game so they switched their midweek fixture to the Saturday.

IIRC Motherwell and Hearts did it as well last season the day we played RC at ER.

.Whitey.
07-02-2011, 01:15 PM
As soon as we got put out by ayr, myself and a few pals booked up for Alton Towers since it was a free weekend. if your proposition goes ahead ill have to cancel the wee trip cos i cant miss a hibs game

ggtth

PhoenixHibee
07-02-2011, 04:17 PM
The family will be back in Scotland from the 12th to the 28th and weve not seen the new stand yet. I was hoping to take my son to his first game but unfortunately there are no home games as it currently stands.

Future17
07-02-2011, 05:29 PM

There won't be a break of one month - there will likely be midweek games.

Billy Whizz
07-02-2011, 05:32 PM

But it could be 3 weeks

LancsHibs
07-02-2011, 06:16 PM
Why don't they do me a favour and leave it as it is, i've already booked the day off work:na na:

Jamesie
07-02-2011, 06:54 PM
Booked to go away that weekend so they can leave it where it is as far as I'm concerned!

Diclonius
07-02-2011, 06:56 PM

We don't have a single game from the 5th March to the 2nd April.

Springbank
07-02-2011, 08:53 PM
All the more reason to make sure (next year) that we are not criminally slow entering the market in the windows. March wouldve and shouldve been a busy month on the field if only 1jan had been prolific off the field. Still so angry about that shambles in ayr. Rankin ffs!

.Sean.
07-02-2011, 08:57 PM
Why don't they do me a favour and leave it as it is, i've already booked the day off work:na na:
I'm fine with it currently scheduled for midweek aswell, i'm away Dan Sarf with ten pals for a boozy weekend so i'd be unable to make it.

.Sean.
07-02-2011, 08:58 PM
As soon as we got put out by ayr, myself and a few pals booked up for Alton Towers since it was a free weekend. if your proposition goes ahead ill have to cancel the wee trip cos i cant miss a hibs game

ggtth
Aye, so you would :faf:

Jamesie
07-02-2011, 11:44 PM
We don't have a single game from the 5th March to the 2nd April.

Perfect time to line up a glamour friendly against foreign opposition to officially open the new East Stand :greengrin

On the other hand could the rescheduled game against Celtic (due to the League Cup Final on 19 March) be slotted in before the beginning of April?

Cod Boy
07-02-2011, 11:44 PM
I think they are waiting on the old firm replay if celtic get knocked out i think we will play celtic away on the 12th march as the week after when we are due to play them is off cause of league cup final

Billy Whizz
08-02-2011, 06:47 PM
I think they are waiting on the old firm replay if celtic get knocked out i think we will play celtic away on the 12th march as the week after when we are due to play them is off cause of league cup final

Celtic game re-arranged for Wednesday 16th March 7.45pm
Still only one Saturday game in March (5th away to St Johnstone)

www.scotprem.com