PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brown - Legend

Pages : [1] 2

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 12:47 PM
Sticks the ball in the net beautifully with his weaker left foot to equalise for Celtc at Ibrox and then celebrates by standing arms in the air staring Diouf straight in the eyes. No fear, no limits.

Always a joy to watch. How I wish he was still ours.

blackpoolhibs
06-02-2011, 12:50 PM
Sticks the ball in the net beautifully with his weaker left foot to equalise for Celtc at Ibrox and then celebrates by standing arms in the air staring Diouf straight in the eyes. No fear, no limits.

That was the Scott Brown i loved at easter road. :thumbsup::top marks

Keith_M
06-02-2011, 12:56 PM
I'll always remember the 'Hartley is Gay' game at ER, when Broonie blew him a kiss.

That was something special. :greengrin

hibee_girl
06-02-2011, 12:57 PM
That was the Scott Brown i loved at easter road. :thumbsup::top marks

:agree:

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Kisses at Greyskull too when we won three nil.

CB_NO3
06-02-2011, 01:01 PM
I cant stand any player that plays for the Old Firm. He is a whinging wee get.

Iggy Pope
06-02-2011, 01:02 PM

Touch of class.

Why the yellow card though? Ungentlemanly conduct?

Hibercelona
06-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Still a shadow of the player he once was. :agree:

Lofarl
06-02-2011, 01:03 PM

Aye he is for me too. Unless he pulls on the green and white of the cabbage again, then he's broonaldo again.

Saorsa
06-02-2011, 01:04 PM
I'll always remember the 'Hartley is Gay' game at ER, when Broonie blew him a kiss.

That was something special. :greengrin:greengrin

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/thekiss3.jpg

Hibercelona
06-02-2011, 01:09 PM
:greengrin

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/thekiss3.jpg

:top marks

Mind he done the same to Bob Malcolm when we papped them at Ibrox. :thumbsup:

Sean1875
06-02-2011, 01:12 PM
:not worth

Wotherspiniesta
06-02-2011, 01:12 PM

Mind he done the same to Bob Malcolm when we papped them at Ibrox. :thumbsup:

Whats Bob Malcolm up to these days?

I reckon he could do a job for us :agree:

fishybeaver
06-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Class is one word I wouldnt use with any OF player, fan or club. just playing up to the moron's \ plastic paddies there.

Unlesshe's in the green & white of Hibernian or the blue of scotland then like all of vermin in the OF he can GTF!!!

Hibercelona
06-02-2011, 01:14 PM

I reckon he could do a job for us :agree:

Think he had a short spell at Dundee but hasn't been at a club since.

I personally don't rate him.

Removed
06-02-2011, 01:16 PM
Think he had a short spell at Dundee but hasn't been at a club since.

I personally don't rate him.

How tall are you wee hibee?

Whoosh :greengrin

DH1875
06-02-2011, 01:17 PM

Yip, totally wasted at celtic.

CB_NO3
06-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Class is one word I wouldnt use with any OF player, fan or club. just playing up to the moron's \ plastic paddies there.

Unlesshe's in the green & white of Hibernian or the blue of scotland then like all of vermin in the OF he can GTF!!!
Exactly, its embaressing that some people on this board are worshiping him. I hate all Old Firm players. Scott Brown is near the top of the pile aswell.

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Exactly, its embaressing that some people on this board are worshiping him. I hate all Old Firm players. Scott Brown is near the top of the pile aswell.

No, what's embarassing is your puerile view of the world.

Do you hate Pat Stanton too, because he left us to play for Celtc?

Dunbar Hibee
06-02-2011, 01:22 PM
I don't hate all old firm players, I hate most of them, but players like Whitty and Brown I respect for staying with us to lift the cup instead of doing a Kevin Thomson and ****in off. Class from Broony today btw :aok:

Sir David Gray
06-02-2011, 01:23 PM

:agree: I also don't think we would be having these kind of comments if Scott Brown was a Rangers player.

I found Brown's behaviour towards Paul Hartley funny because he was a Hibs player doing it against a Hearts player.

Now he plays for someone else, I couldn't care less about him.

Barney McGrew
06-02-2011, 01:23 PM
If a Hibs captain had done that, in a cup tie when we were already a man short, knowing fine well he's going to get a booking and there's still 20 minutes to go, I wouldn't have described it as 'class'

Totally and utterly stupid and pointless would be a better description.

cabbageandribs1875
06-02-2011, 01:24 PM

would he still be a 'whinging wee git' if he was playing in a hibs jersey ?

Removed
06-02-2011, 01:24 PM
:agree: I also don't think we would be having these kind of comments if Scott Brown was a Rangers player.

I found Brown's behaviour towards Paul Hartley funny because he was a Hibs player doing it against a Hearts player.

Surely you are not saying this thread only exists because he plays for Celtc :wink:

Matty_Jack04
06-02-2011, 01:26 PM

is it more embarressing that people still 'worship' an ex hibs player or is it more embarressing that you can say you hate someone for the very same reasons you once loved him?

Bayern Bru
06-02-2011, 01:29 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/207bbkm.jpg

For anyone who didn't see it.

Diclonius
06-02-2011, 01:30 PM
If a Hibs captain had done that, in a cup tie when we were already a man short, knowing fine well he's going to get a booking and there's still 20 minutes to go, I wouldn't have described it as 'class'

So, Murray doing it to Skacel after scoring in a derby cup tie at Tynecastle?

Well worth the booking.

Barney McGrew
06-02-2011, 01:34 PM
So, Murray doing it to Skacel after scoring in a derby cup tie at Tynecastle?

Well worth the booking.

If we were a man short and still had 20 mins to get through? Not worth it in my opinion, he'd be wary in every challenge from then on not to get a second yellow.

blackpoolhibs
06-02-2011, 01:36 PM

Probably would have been better with both feet together, head bowed shaking hands with the player who passed him the ball, straightening his cap and getting on with it. :wink:

Hibbyradge
06-02-2011, 01:38 PM
I cant stand any player that plays for the Old Firm.

Deek? Nid?

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Surely you are not saying this thread only exists because he plays for Celtc :wink:

Let me clarify since I started the thread. My views on the Ugly Sisters are well documented on other threads. I have no truck with either of them and in fact as the apologist Jack Regan could testify I probably take a harder line on their adherents since at least Rangers don't pretend to be something they are not whereas the plastic paddies most certainly do.

So I don't care whether Scott is playing for Celtc, Rangers or Easthouses. He's a joy to watch and in some respects I think we may have got the best of him. Lots of fans and players talked about Diouf coming to Scotland and the welcome he should get. It takes someone with the nuts of Scott Brown to give him the message where others are just full of talk.

Removed
06-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Let me clarify since I started the thread. My views on the Ugly Sisters are well documented on other threads. I have no truck with either of them and in fact as the apologist Jack Regan could testify I probably take a harder line on their adherents since at least Rangers don't pretend to be something they are not whereas the plastic paddies most certainly do.

So I don't care whether Scott is playing for Celtc, Rangers or Easthouses. He's a joy to watch and in some respects I think we may have got the best of him. Lots of fans and players talked about Diouf coming to Scotland and the welcome he should get. It takes someone with the nuts of Scott Brown to give him the message where others are just full of talk.

So is that a no? :greengrin

Scorrie
06-02-2011, 01:44 PM
i doubt Diouff has come against anyone as radge as Broony!

Removed
06-02-2011, 01:48 PM
i doubt Diouff has come against anyone as radge as Broony!

Now that's true :greengrin

Ritchie
06-02-2011, 01:53 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/207bbkm.jpg

For anyone who didn't see it.

Leg-end!!

CB_NO3
No, what's embarassing is your puerile view of the world.

Do you hate Pat Stanton too, because he left us to play for Celtc?

I was too young to see Stanton but from what I here he was not the type of players who would go about winding up opposite players and fans. So to answer your question, No. Can you not remember the game at ER a few years ago he was winding up Zemmama the whole game trying to get him booked and so on. Was Scott Brown a legend then?

One Day Soon
So is that a no? :greengrin

What was the question again?

I'm saying this thread exists because Scott Brown exists, regardless of who he now plays for.

CB_NO3
06-02-2011, 01:55 PM

A joy to watch. Are you mad. Most Celtic fans I know are raging that we robbed them off for 4.5 million.

Ritchie
06-02-2011, 01:57 PM
A joy to watch. Are you mad. Most Celtic fans I know are raging that we robbed them off for 4.5 million.

I'd rather have brown than any of our current midfielders.

Hibercelona
06-02-2011, 01:57 PM

Great.... init... :greengrin

CB_NO3
06-02-2011, 01:59 PM
I'd rather have brown than any of our current midfielders.

I would rather have any Old Firm midfielder over our midfielders. Whats your point?

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 02:00 PM
I was too young to see Stanton but from what I here he was not the type of players who would go about winding up opposite players and fans. So to answer your question. No.

No, that's not what you said.

You said "I cant stand any player that plays for the Old Firm. He is a whinging wee get." Pat Stanton played for Celtic and Riordan did too - so your 'logic' means that you hate them also. Your complaint was that they played for the Ugly Sisters, not how they played or what they did while playing.

You are trying to twist what you said to make it seem more reasonable.

Cal 7-0
06-02-2011, 02:03 PM
Sorry don't get the love in, great when he was here now with the filth lets move on!

CB_NO3
06-02-2011, 02:07 PM
No, that's not what you said.

You said "I cant stand any player that plays for the Old Firm. He is a whinging wee get." Pat Stanton played for Celtic and Riordan did too - so your 'logic' means that you hate them also. Your complaint was that they played for the Ugly Sisters, not how they played or what they did while playing.

You are trying to twist what you said to make it seem more reasonable.

Yes I did hate Riordan when he played for Celtic. I was not born when Stanton was about. I support Hibs, not Scott Brown or Derek Riordan or any ex player that plays for the Old Firm or any other team for that matter.

Aubenas
06-02-2011, 02:08 PM
A murder in Blantyre, high alert for post match violence in Glasgow and then that. Do we really need one overpumped nyaff doing that to another overpumped nyaff as an example to the low life that are out there?

God save football from the macho morons - it's supposed to be beautiful, and a game, not a platform for winding up idiots - on or off the pitch.

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 02:12 PM

First I would not take the judgment of fans of either of the Ugly Sisters to be worth much. These are the people who think Scottish football owes them a living, that they should be in the English Premiership and who have allowed their bigotry to suck Scottish football dry over decades.

Second, of course they don't think he was worth 4.5 million - they have been used for years to picking off the cream of our players for sweeties. (thank you Rod petrie for beginning to equalise that imbalance)

Third he is an outstanding player and his guts, movement and ability testify to that. Not only would he be the first pick on an Easter Road team sheet just now, but he would probably feature in an all time Hibs first eleven too. The fact that Celtc couldn't play him in the right position or formation for so long does not make him a lesser player.

Removed
06-02-2011, 02:16 PM
What was the question again?

I'm saying this thread exists because Scott Brown exists, regardless of who he now plays for.

And that's fair enough. I actually agree. Others might not.

lapsedhibee
06-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Blowing kisses is all very well, but for me the standout comedy moment of his Hibs time was when he motioned to the Greyskull Loyal that he had dived. The nearest dregs' eyes were bulging at that. Genuinely funny. :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
06-02-2011, 02:21 PM
And that's fair enough. I actually agree. Others might not.

I agree too, he's a tosser at times when we play them, i hate what he did with Thomshun that perhaps contributed to us not getting to the final of the Scottish Cup, but today was funny. And when he did similar things for Hibs we loved it. Anything that winds either half of that ****, is fine by me.

greenlex
06-02-2011, 02:21 PM
Message from Brown. Diouf is a pussy. :thumbsup:

CB_NO3
06-02-2011, 02:22 PM
First I would not take the judgment of fans of either of the Ugly Sisters to be worth much. These are the people who think Scottish football owes them a living, that they should be in the English Premiership and who have allowed their bigotry to suck Scottish football dry over decades.

Second, of course they don't think he was worth 4.5 million - they have been used for years to picking off the cream of our players for sweeties. (thank you Rod petrie for beginning to equalise that imbalance)

Third he is an outstanding player and his guts, movement and ability testify to that. Not only would he be the first pick on an Easter Road team sheet just now, but he would probably feature in an all time Hibs first eleven too. The fact that Celtc couldn't play him in the right position or formation for so long does not make him a lesser player.
He is an ok player in a rubbish league. His career has went back the way IMO. When he was with Hibs he would drive the team on, run at defences, put in great tackles and so on, exactly what Charlie Adam does for Blackpool.

Ill not disagree with you though that he could possibly be in our all time 11. He would certainly be in my all time 11 since I started watching Hibs in the 90s.

AgentDaleCooper
06-02-2011, 02:23 PM
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/51122000/jpg/_51122716_dioufbrown466b.jpg

:aok:

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 02:23 PM
A murder in Blantyre, high alert for post match violence in Glasgow and then that. Do we really need one overpumped nyaff doing that to another overpumped nyaff as an example to the low life that are out there?

God save football from the macho morons - it's supposed to be beautiful, and a game, not a platform for winding up idiots - on or off the pitch.

Taking your logic to its conclusion would mean not allowing these teams to play each other. There's something in that....

If you think that Scott Brown's behaviour is what drives this sectarian stuff then you are vastly underselling it. It is what idiots see the two clubs as standing for that provides the platform for their deadly behaviour. It happens week in and week out in matches all over the country but people don't generally get stabbed after those games. Why is that I wonder?

CB_NO3
06-02-2011, 02:27 PM
:agree: I also don't think we would be having these kind of comments if Scott Brown was a Rangers player.I found Brown's behaviour towards Paul Hartley funny because he was a Hibs player doing it against a Hearts player.

Your spot on. If Brown was a Rangers player, people on this board would not be creaming about him, which makes it all more cringeworthy that people think its ok to like him as he plays for Celtic.

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 02:27 PM
He is an ok player in a rubbish league. His career has went back the way IMO. When he was with Hibs he would drive the team on, run at defences, put in great tackles and so on, exactly what Charlie Adam does for Blackpool.

Ill not disagree with you though that he could possibly be in our all time 11. He would certainly be in my all time 11 since I started watching Hibs in the 90s.

The team I wanted to see him join was Liverpool. I dont particularly follow them but I just thought he would suit their style of play. Still do.

7Hero
06-02-2011, 02:29 PM
why would anybody support celtic or a celtic player...

Thought this was a hibs board for hibs fans..

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Your spot on. If Brown was a Rangers player, people on this board would not be creaming about him, which makes it all more cringeworthy that people think its ok to like him as he plays for Celtic.

That, with respect, is just complete bollocks - at least as far as my own contributions are concerned. Did you not read my earlier post on this above?

And in fact my own perception following a few years of posting on here is that Hibs Netters generally have equal contempt for the Ugly Sisters. Perhaps you have evidence to the contrary?

Removed
06-02-2011, 02:31 PM

I honestly don't think anyone is creaming themselves.

And as one day soon has posted it has nothing to do with him playing for celtc

Removed
06-02-2011, 02:32 PM

And man u lovers :wink:

blackpoolhibs
06-02-2011, 02:36 PM

Not from me you wouldn't? I actually dislike celtc more than the huns these days, and if he'd done the same thing for them i'd have laughed out loud just the same as i did when doing it for celtc.

steviecarnie
06-02-2011, 02:36 PM
Dry yer eyes FFS, some of you need to get out your wee hibs bubbles, the OP is just expressing an opinion, on what I personally found funny!! Diouf is an odious little man and quite rightly is hated by many people north and south of the border. Winding opposition players up is part and parcel of the game, and it indeers him to his home fans,

if that was deek to skacel we'd all be loving it!! and anyone who says the would quite frankly is a LIAR

jonty
06-02-2011, 02:38 PM

An attitude I wish our players would adopt :agree:

Diouf has a reputation as does Brown. Brown just has a little more class the Diouf.

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 02:39 PM

Oh sorry didn't you know? Scott used to play for Hibs. Helped us win a cup. 'Made his Bones' with us as it were and when he signed for Celtc I believe that he, like Gary O'Connor, donated his signing on fee to the Hibs youth academy. I could be wrong.

I haven't seen anyone in this thread supporting Celtc - have you?

It is a Hibs board for Hibs fans - and some of us have long and fond memories of those players who graced the green with exceptional ability.

Reaper
06-02-2011, 02:40 PM
I think the saddest thing about Broony is he is playing well below the class we all know he is or could've been and has been since he went there. If I were him I would concentrate on playing football as the truly great players don't tend to do petty wind ups like that as there class allows them to do their talking on the pitch.:blah:

steviecarnie
06-02-2011, 02:42 PM
I think the saddest thing about Broony is he is playing well below the class we all know he is or could've been and has been since he went there. If I were him I would concentrate on playing football as the truly great players don't tend to do petty wind ups like that as there class allows them to do their talking on the pitch.:blah:

Roy Keane/Patrick Viera - Exceptional Ability and also wound up players so that's not true

CB_NO3
06-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Oh sorry didn't you know? Scott used to play for Hibs. Helped us win a cup. 'Made his Bones' with us as it were and when he signed for Celtc I believe that he, like Gary O'Connor, donated his signing on fee to the Hibs youth academy. I could be wrong.

It is a Hibs board for Hibs fans - and some of us have long and fond memories of those players who graced the green with exceptional ability.
You should start a Scott Brown fan club up then if you love him so much. :wink:

woody47
06-02-2011, 02:53 PM
I personally had a good laugh at Broonie's antics today and think that people who are on their high horses on here really need to lighten up. The fact that he did it against a lower than lowlife is OK in my book. :thumbsup:

Ray_
06-02-2011, 02:54 PM

Not today he wasn't.

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 03:03 PM

No its ok. I'm content with speaking my mind and intervening when others are patently talking crap.

Iggy Pope
06-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Yes I did hate Riordan when he played for Celtic. I was not born when Stanton was about. I support Hibs, not Scott Brown or Derek Riordan or any ex player that plays for the Old Firm or any other team for that matter.

You sure?
You sound like a Hun

ginger_rice
06-02-2011, 03:10 PM

I reckon he could do a job for us :agree: :shocked::shocked:

silverhibee
06-02-2011, 03:10 PM
I agree too, he's a tosser at times when we play them, i hate what he did with Thomshun that perhaps contributed to us not getting to the final of the Scottish Cup, but today was funny. And when he did similar things for Hibs we loved it. Anything that winds either half of that ****, is fine by me.

What would have made it more funnier, would have been Diouf ramming the head on Brown.

GRJ
06-02-2011, 03:12 PM
The Scott Brown situation brings to mind the Barcelons fans saying when Figo moved to Real Madrid - we hate you so much because we loved you so much. Think something along these lines applies to many Hibbies me included.

CB_NO3
06-02-2011, 03:13 PM
You sure?
You sound like a Hun
Yeah am a Hun :faf:

patlowe
06-02-2011, 03:16 PM

Here here.

silverhibee
06-02-2011, 03:19 PM

And some Hibs fans have memories of transfer request's and bad mouthing in the papers from Brown and his buddy Katie.

Iggy Pope
06-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Yeah am a Hun :faf:

At the risk of repeating, you sound like one.

CB_NO3
06-02-2011, 03:22 PM
At the risk of repeating, you sound like one.
So I am a Hun because I dont see the Hibs.Net fascination over a Celtic player. Where is your logic in that?. Dont insult me for god sake. That must have took you ages to come with. Bright spark. :aok:

steviecarnie
06-02-2011, 03:24 PM
So I am a Hun because I dont see the Hibs.Net fascination over a Celtic player. Where is your logic in that?. Dont insult me for god sake. That must have took you ages to come with. Bright spark. :aok:

so whats ur opinions on Messi? he's never wore the green of hibs, so therefore u must hate him, going by your sad little logic!!!

Iggy Pope
06-02-2011, 03:25 PM

Pat Stanton - played for Celtic.

John Macnamee - played for Celtic.

John Collins - played for Celtic

Willie Groves - played for Celtiic

Joe McBride - played for Celtic.

All of the top of my heed, all revered in one form or another, never forgotten. Why should Scott Brown be any different?

CB_NO3
06-02-2011, 03:27 PM
so whats ur opinions on Messi? he's never wore the green of hibs, so therefore u must hate him, going by your sad little logic!!!

Did I once say I hate every player on the planet?. Mmm... No I did not. So what are you gibbering on about and what Logic is it that you are talking about?

Iggy Pope
06-02-2011, 03:27 PM

I don't see that either.
Fascination? Because he scored a great goal and made some of us laugh into the bargain?

'No-one likes us, we don't care'???????

3pm
06-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Legendary bawbag.

blackpoolhibs
06-02-2011, 03:30 PM
What would have made it more funnier, would have been Diouf ramming the head on Brown.

:agree: That would have capped off a really funny incident nicely. :greengrin

Andy74
06-02-2011, 03:32 PM
If Diouf had celebrated like that there would have been an even longer thread calling him all sorts.

Iggy Pope
06-02-2011, 03:34 PM
If Diouf had celebrated like that there would have been an even longer thread calling him all sorts.

He never played for Hibs

Walter
06-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Is it on youtube anywhere? I'd like to see Brown winding that up

CB_NO3
06-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Pat Stanton - played for Celtic.

John Macnamee - played for Celtic.

John Collins - played for Celtic

Willie Groves - played for Celtiic

Joe McBride - played for Celtic.

All of the top of my heed, all revered in one form or another, never forgotten. Why should Scott Brown be any different?

Did you support these guys when they played for Hibs or when they played for Celtic?. Do you support every ex hibs player?. I dont like Scott Brown as a player because he plays for Celtic, that is the third time I have written this. I dont like him even more because he is a whinging get who moans about everything when it doesn't go his way (typical Old Firm player). I just think its embaressing that people on here think he is a legend for scoring a goal for Celtic or winding a Rangers player up while playing for Celtic. Then I referred to the Hibs, Celtic game a few years ago when he was squaring up to Zemmama grabbing his testicles trying to get Zemmama booked. Was he still a legend then?

But am a Hun.

Iggy Pope
06-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Did you support these guys when they played for Hibs or when they played for Celtic?. Do you support every ex hibs player?. I dont like Scott Brown as a player because he plays for Celtic, that is the third time I have written this. I dont like him even more because he is a whinging get who moans about everything when it doesn't go his way (typical Old Firm player). I just think its embaressing that people on here think he is a legend for scoring a goal for Celtic or winding a Rangers player up while playing for Celtic. Then I referred to the Hibs, Celtic game a few years ago when he was squaring up to Zemmama grabbing his testicles trying to get Zemmama booked. Was he still a legend then?

Yes

CB_NO3
06-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Yes
So Scott Brown was trying to get a Hibs player booked and you still thought he was a legend. Sounds like your a Scott Brown fan and no a Hibs fan. Then you have the cheek to call me a Hun. Get a grip of yourself.

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 03:46 PM
And some Hibs fans have memories of transfer request's and bad mouthing in the papers from Brown and his buddy Katie.

Of course you are quite right. No other player at Hibs has ever placed a transfer request. Deeks never wanted away did he?

I don't recall Scott bad mouthing the club - though I do remember Katie making quite an erchie of himself in that regard.

Iggy Pope
06-02-2011, 03:47 PM
So Scott Brown was trying to get a Hibs player booked and you still thought he was a legend. Sounds like your a Scott Brown fan and no a Hibs fan. Then you have the cheek to call me a Hun. Get a grip of yourself.

I concur.

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Here here.

Did you mean hear, hear or are you being so clever that I don't get it?

Iggy Pope
06-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Of course you are quite right. No other player at Hibs has ever placed a transfer request. Deeks never wanted away did he?

I don't recall Scott bad mouthing the club - though I do remember Katie making quite an erchie of himself in that regard.

Spot on. Pat Stanton. UNQUESTIONABLY a legend. Shame he won the league and cup with someone else though.

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 03:51 PM

Probably. And he's NEVER played for us.

Iggy Pope

No its ok. I'm content with speaking my mind and intervening when others are patently talking crap.

What a great idea. Anyone else up for this?

CB_NO3
Spot on. Pat Stanton. UNQUESTIONABLY a legend. Shame he won the league and cup with someone else though.
Why does that bother you. You support Scott Brown.

blackpoolhibs
06-02-2011, 03:52 PM

He came out when we wouldn't sell him to the huns, and told the papers he was that angry and he'd see his contract out and we wouldn't see a penny. He acted like a turd.

Iggy Pope
06-02-2011, 03:52 PM

Amongst others

CB_NO3
06-02-2011, 03:53 PM
Amongst others
but not Hibs?

Beefster
06-02-2011, 03:54 PM
We must be due another Scott Brown love-in by now, right enough.

A thread on the main Hibs fans website calling a current Celtic player a legend for his actions in a Celtic shirt. Mental.

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 03:55 PM

But am a Hun.

He's a Hibs legend because of his time at Hibs. What's so hard to understand about that?

What he did today is entirely incidental to that but also hugely entertaining for anyone who saw how he played when he was with us.

And as a matter of fact I do tend to look out for former Hibs players. Always keen to see if they are doing well elsewhere. That is, for example, why I hope that it isn't Danny Lennon's St Mirren who go down this season.

CB_NO3
06-02-2011, 03:55 PM

A thread on the main Hibs fans website calling a current Celtic player a legend for his actions in a Celtic shirt. Mental.
Thank you. :top marks

Iggy Pope
06-02-2011, 03:56 PM
but not Hibs?

That's my cover blown. By a Hun too.........

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 03:57 PM

Not sure why any of it bothers you either since you seem to be more motivated by who you don't support - ie Celtc and Rangers.

Sir David Gray
06-02-2011, 03:58 PM
That, with respect, is just complete bollocks - at least as far as my own contributions are concerned. Did you not read my earlier post on this above?

And in fact my own perception following a few years of posting on here is that Hibs Netters generally have equal contempt for the Ugly Sisters. Perhaps you have evidence to the contrary?

I don't dispute what you're saying and I'll take your word for it that you dislike the two of them in equal measures.

However, I think it's fairly obvious that there's a number of people on here who, deep down, quite admire Celtic, what they stand for and their traditions and wish that we were more like them in terms of the songs that we sing and the banners that we wave etc.

I stand by what I said earlier, this thread would not exist if Scott Brown had been playing for Rangers this afternoon.

greenlex
06-02-2011, 03:58 PM

You are being a bit harsh Beefster. He also did things like this in a Hibs shirt and it was in front of arguably the most despised player in the UK. If he had done it to anyone else in a Rangers shirt I doubt the legend status would have been commented on. I may have still reached umpteen pages tho because some folk cant let comments pass without wanting the last word.

CB_NO3
06-02-2011, 04:00 PM
Not sure why any of it bothers you either since you seem to be more motivated by who you don't support - ie Celtc and Rangers.

It bothers me because he called me a Hun. Am hardly throwing out personal insults am I, especially on an internet messageboard, its not my style, but calling someone a Hun is below the belt. :devil:

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 04:01 PM

Well it would be if that was why Scott was being called a legend. But it isn't, so its not.

Next you will be saying there are threads here on Hibs.net telling us David Cameron and Nick Clegg are doing a good job. Now that would be mental.

CB_NO3
06-02-2011, 04:01 PM
I don't dispute what you're saying and I'll take your word for it that you dislike the two of them in equal measures.

However, I think it's fairly obvious that there's a number of people on here who, deep down, quite admire Celtic, what they stand for and their traditions and wish that we were more like them in terms of the songs that we sing and the banners that we wave etc.

I stand by what I said earlier, this thread would not exist if Scott Brown had been playing for Rangers this afternoon.
And I agree with you.

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 04:02 PM
He came out when we wouldn't sell him to the huns, and told the papers he was that angry and he'd see his contract out and we wouldn't see a penny. He acted like a turd.

You mean he had the gall to threaten to actually honour his contract? Shocking.

KeithTheHibby
06-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Some people on here need to lighten up a bit and remove the twist from their knickers.

It was a rather funny moment in what was a decent old firm match, nothing more.

Beefster
06-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Well it would be if that was why Scott was being called a legend. But it isn't, so its not.

You did read the OP, right?

CB_NO3
06-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Some people on here need to lighten up a bit and remove the twist from their knickers.

It was a rather funny moment in what was a decent old firm match, nothing more.
I dont wear knickers. :greengrin

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 04:07 PM

Well I certainly dispute what you are saying Falkirk Hibee. If Scott had been in a Rangers shirt and Diouf in a Celtc shirt Iwould have enthusiastically posted the same thing. Since I am the OP I think I have the right to state that and for you to either accept it or call me a liar.

Check any thread where I have tangled with Jack Regan and you will see that I do not fit into the picture you paint. If you are referring to others I would be interested to know who because if you are right in any regard at all it can only be a very small handful of people judging by what I have read on here.

Iggy Pope
06-02-2011, 04:10 PM

Don't turn it into something else. We are talking about Scott Brown, ex-Hibs player. Not centuries of mis-treatment, bigotry and opinion.

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 04:12 PM
You did read the OP, right?

Well yes, seeing as I wrote the OP I think you can fairly assume I that I read it too.
And all of the following discussion. And if you had done the same you would have read that a) I regard him as a Hibs legend and b) I thought what he did today was both typical of him and nothing to do with which other team he now plays. I also said that I wished we still had him. And I do.

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Don't turn it into something else. We are talking about Scott Brown, ex-Hibs player. Not centuries of mis-treatment, bigotry and opinion.

Are you referring here to how the SFA have acted in the interests of just two clubs to the cost of the rest throughout their entire existence?

Reaper
06-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Roy Keane/Patrick Viera - Exceptional Ability and also wound up players so that's not true

I said don't tend to there's always going to be exceptions.

Shrekko
06-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Oh aye- he was really going to do that eh?

He did plenty bad mouthing and dummy spitting- including having pops at the fans but folk have turned a blind eye to it.

The difference between Scott Brown and Kevin Thomson is that JC wouldn't let Brown go when he wanted to. If he'd been given the nod to follow his mate down the M8 he'd have been down it like a shot yet he's treated like some kind of loyal hero by Hibs fans.

jdships
06-02-2011, 04:31 PM

Thankyou :top marks
Another "yesterday's man" let's just move on - PLEASE !!!!!

blackpoolhibs
06-02-2011, 04:32 PM

No thats not what I'm saying and you know that? He spat his dummy out when he didn't get his own way, and said he'd make sure Hibs got nothing for him when he left. We all knew it was bollox, as he still had 2 and a half maybe 3 and a half years left on his contract, but he wanted away, and didnt give a toss about hibs the fans in fact anything about the club. He made as much trouble as thomshun

jdships
06-02-2011, 04:33 PM

He did plenty bad mouthing and dummy spitting- including having pops at the fans but folk have turned a blind eye to it.

The difference between Scott Brown and Kevin Thomson is that JC wouldn't let Brown go when he wanted to. If he'd been given the nod to follow his mate down the M8 he'd have been down it like a shot yet he's treated like some kind of loyal hero by Hibs fans.

:agree::top marks

KeithTheHibby
06-02-2011, 04:36 PM
I dont wear knickers. :greengrin

Well that's my theory about Hibs fans blown then.:greengrin

clerriehibs
06-02-2011, 04:38 PM

I'm one of deek's fans, but the above? Probably not ...

lapsedhibee
06-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Well that's my theory about Hibs fans blown then.:greengrin

How does the fact that a Hun doesn't wear underwear blow a theory about Hibs fans? :confused:

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 04:39 PM

Fantastic, you're psychic. Can you give us the lottery numbers for next week too?

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 04:42 PM
Thankyou :top marks
Another "yesterday's man" let's just move on - PLEASE !!!!!

Yes that's right. Let's never discuss ANY former players.

Shrekko
06-02-2011, 04:44 PM
Fantastic, you're psychic. Can you give us the lottery numbers for next week too?

Psychic? It happened 4 years ago!!

I think your hero's actions in the next transfer window would vindicate my theory!!

iwasthere1972
06-02-2011, 04:47 PM

The best outcome would have been for them to knock ten bells out of each other before being shown a red card. They both deserve each other.

clerriehibs
06-02-2011, 04:48 PM
That's my cover blown. By a Hun too.........

you should be spending more time on kerrydalestreet.co.uk, you've an embarrassing obsession with 'huns'

Toaods
06-02-2011, 04:52 PM
It was arrogant, dangerous and stupid..... however I will enjoy even more watching Palsson level him.

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 04:52 PM
No thats not what I'm saying and you know that? He spat his dummy out when he didn't get his own way, and said he'd make sure Hibs got nothing for him when he left. We all knew it was bollox, as he still had 2 and a half maybe 3 and a half years left on his contract, but he wanted away, and didnt give a toss about hibs the fans in fact anything about the club. He made as much trouble as thomshun

In the first place all that is pretty much part and parcel of what happens in the modern game. Secondly I think you will find Scott pretty much kept his head down during all of that and the main culprit was his equally legendary (not for good reasons) agent. Thirdly he absolutely DID NOT make as much trouble as Katie (don't remember Scott having a newspaper column as a platform) and if you knew much about him you would know that the intellectual planning and execution of that sort of thing would be, shall we say, a challenge. So who's rewriting history now? Fourth, he would have had two choices - stay or go. If he had stayed and played out his contract then we would have got nowt for him. Are you saying we are not a selling club?

Agents and other clubs unsettle players as part of the process of prizing them away from their current clubs. Get over it.

Jim44
06-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Brown is a snide, classless bellend, only outdone by the bigger bellend he was trying to wind up.

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Brown is a snide, classless bellend, only outdone by the bigger bellend he was trying to wind up.

Oh dear.

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Psychic? It happened 4 years ago!!

I think your hero's actions in the next transfer window would vindicate my theory!!

You are claiming that you know that he would not have played out his contract. How do you know that?

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 04:57 PM
It was arrogant, dangerous and stupid..... however I will enjoy even more watching Palsson level him.

If Palsson does that to either Brown or Diouf I will be VERY impressed. It is precisely what we have been missing in our midfield for a long, long time.

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Couldn't resist it I'm afraid.

And no he isn't.

Jim44
06-02-2011, 05:05 PM
In the first place all that is pretty much part and parcel of what happens in the modern game. Secondly I think you will find Scott pretty much kept his head down during all of that and the main culprit was his equally legendary (not for good reasons) agent. Thirdly he absolutely DID NOT make as much trouble as Katie (don't remember Scott having a newspaper column as a platform) and if you knew much about him you would know that the intellectual planning and execution of that sort of thing would be, shall we say, a challenge. So who's rewriting history now? Fourth, he would have had two choices - stay or go. If he had stayed and played out his contract then we would have got nowt for him. Are you saying we are not a selling club?

Agents and other clubs unsettle players as part of the process of prizing them away from their current clubs. Get over it.

I agree with every word ................... he's still a bellend 'tho. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
06-02-2011, 05:06 PM

Away and bile yer heid. Brown went in the huff when he couldnt get his own way. He went to the papers and used them to vent his displeasure, just like the hun. The only one rewriting history is you. And the bit i have highlighted was why he went to the papers? Of course we are a selling club, but when you have as long left as he did, we will sell when the times right, not when that little scrote wants. And as for being over it. lol

blackpoolhibs
06-02-2011, 05:09 PM

And no he isn't.

Neither is Brown, and i'm sure the original post on him was not meant that way either. Although there's a few getting their knickers in a twist over it. :greengrin

snooky
06-02-2011, 05:13 PM
Kevin Thomson - Legend

And no he isn't.

Much as I don't like what he did to us, I sincerely hope his broken leg is on the mend.

Kevin Thomson - Legmend

Shrekko
06-02-2011, 05:23 PM
You are claiming that you know that he would not have played out his contract. How do you know that?
Erm... Cos he never? Don't even TRY and say this was ever a possibility. Seriously.

blairwallace
06-02-2011, 05:29 PM
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/51122000/jpg/_51122724_dioufbrown466i.jpg
:not worth

Judas Iscariot
06-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Much as I don't like what he did to us, I sincerely hope his broken leg is on the mend.

Kevin Thomson - Legmend

Kevin Thomson -LegCANTmend

CB_NO3
06-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Helped us win the cup, was a good right back for us. He scored a great penalty today infront of the Celtic fans. He has won 7 trophies which is 4 more than Scott Brown. He has scored more goals for Rangers than Scott Brown has for Celtic. He scored a goal in a Uefa Cup Quarter Final and played in a Uefa Cup Final.

This guy has done more than Scott Brown, surely he deserves much more credit and much more posts on a Hibs forum than Scott Brown does. Mmmm he plays for Rangers though so not going to happen, you get my point.

Steven Whittaker and Scott Brown were both good Hibs players. They both play for the Old Firm now, for that reason I dont like them. Stop this embaressing love fanscination over Scott Brown, its cringeworthy that Hibs fans still think he is the man when is one of them. You see the irony in this post?

blackpoolhibs
06-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Helped us win the cup, was a good right back for us. He scored a great penalty today infront of the Celtic fans. He has won 7 trophies which is 4 more than Scott Brown. He has scored more goals for Rangers than Scott Brown has for Celtic. He scored a goal in a Uefa Cup Quarter Final and played in a Uefa Cup Final.

This guy has done more than Scott Brown, surely he deserves much more credit and much more posts on a Hibs forum than Scott Brown does. Mmmm he plays for Rangers though so not going to happen, you get my point.

Steven Whittaker and Scott Brown were both good Hibs players. They both play for the Old Firm now, for that reason I dont like them. Stop this embaressing love fanscination over Scott Brown, its cringeworthy that Hibs fans still think he is the man when is one of them. You see the irony in this post?

:agree: Well done Steven. And along with David Murphy, left without causing any trouble at all. I wish him all the success he gets in his career, and would love him back at easter road anytime. :thumbsup::thumbsup::top marks

Tricla
06-02-2011, 05:55 PM
Couldn't give a loose hoot about either of them TBH.

3pm
06-02-2011, 05:55 PM
Who's starting one about O'Connor?

Shrekko
06-02-2011, 05:56 PM

The one player whos gone to the Old Firm that I have nothing but best wishes for.

Model pro who has virtually done nothing wrong- ever.

Now that he's on the penalties for Rangers he may be the first 30 goal a season full-back as well! :greengrin

CB_NO3
06-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Couldn't give a loose hoot about either of them TBH.

Thats my point.

lapsedhibee
06-02-2011, 05:58 PM

I didn't see the match today. Did he score his penalty in a particularly funny way, to make your thread relevant to the Scott Brown one? :confused:

--------
06-02-2011, 06:14 PM

That is total rubbish.

All-time Hibs eleven?

He's better than Bobby Johnstone and Eddie Turnbull? DON'T think so.

Pat Stanton? Aye, right.

Alex Cropley. Not a chance.

Jim O'Rourke? You're having a laugh.

John Collins? Get real.

Bobby Combe? Nope.

That's SEVEN midfield players with a far greater claim to a place than Brown. I'm sure that given time for a wee bit research, I could quote you a couple more - oops, just thought of one - Jimmy Dunn, inside-right in the 1928 Wembley Wizards team. And another - Willie Hamilton... :faf:

That's two complete midfield fours before I'd even think of Scotty Bhoy....

Where you gonnae play him? Water-boy?

Since when has anything that happens in an OF hate-fest warranted any former Hibs player being labelled a 'legend'? Brown, like his buddy Katie, made life as difficult as he possibly could for John Collins and quite possibly (make that probably) was a prime mover in the trouble that scunnered Collins of working at ER. Is anyone seriously going to tell me Brown wasn't involved in that rebellion? At a time when he knew he was leaving, when it really didn't matter to him how Collins wanted the players to train?

A fitting and appropriate captain for a Neil Lennon Celtic team. Two chips of the same rotten block.

Wotherspiniesta
06-02-2011, 06:16 PM
Brown is a notorious wind-up.

And he winds up people like Bob Malcolm, Paul Hartley and Diouf which makes it OK with me :greengrin

FWIW, I thought he was brilliant today.

GraniteCityHibs
06-02-2011, 06:17 PM
This is the worst thread I've ever seen on here! 5 pages!? Really!?

CropleyWasGod
06-02-2011, 06:19 PM
That is total rubbish.

All-time Hibs eleven?

Pat Stanton? Aye, right.

John Collins? Get real.

Bobby Combe? Nope.

That's SEVEN midfield players with a far greater claim to a place than Brown. I'm sure that given time for a wee bit research, I could quote you a couple more - oops, just thought of one - Jimmy Dunn, inside-right in the 1928 Wembley Wizards team.

Since when has anything that happens in an OF hate-fest warranted any former Hibs player being labelled a 'legend'? Brown, like his buddy Katie, made life as difficult as he possibly could for John Collins and quite possibly (make that probably) was a prime mover in the trouble that scunnered him of working at ER. Since when we've hardly prospered.

I'll see all eight, and raise you Alex Edwards

Willie Hamilton

Peter Cormack

Russell Latapy

Des "European Cup winner" Bremner even

Iggy Pope
06-02-2011, 06:21 PM
you should be spending more time on kerrydalestreet.co.uk, you've an embarrassing obsession with 'huns'

It might embarrass you, not me. And I've never heard of this site. Is it any good?

greenlex
Brown is a notorious wind-up.

And he winds up people like Bob Malcolm, Paul Hartley and Diouf which makes it OK with me :greengrin

Eggsactly. If he was in a Rangers shirt and winding up lennon he would be ok with me too. Nothing to do with who he's playing for and everything to do with who hes winding up. I dont suppose some will like that but there ye go.:greengrin

--------

Willie Hamilton

Peter Cormack

Russell Latapy

As you say. :agree:

Iggy Pope
06-02-2011, 06:25 PM
That is total rubbish.

All-time Hibs eleven?

Pat Stanton? Aye, right.

John Collins? Get real.

Bobby Combe? Nope.

That's SEVEN midfield players with a far greater claim to a place than Brown. I'm sure that given time for a wee bit research, I could quote you a couple more - oops, just thought of one - Jimmy Dunn, inside-right in the 1928 Wembley Wizards team. And another - Willie Hamilton... :faf:

Since when has anything that happens in an OF hate-fest warranted any former Hibs player being labelled a 'legend'? Brown, like his buddy Katie, made life as difficult as he possibly could for John Collins and quite possibly (make that probably) was a prime mover in the trouble that scunnered Collins of working at ER. Is anyone seriously going to tell me Brown wasn't involved in that rebellion? At a time when he knew he was leaving, when it really didn't matter to him how Collins wanted the players to train?

A fitting and appropriate captain for a Neil Lennon Celtic team. Two chips of the same rotten block.

Not everyone is your vintage though. I would imagine that Scott Brown makes a lot of all-time Hibs XI's from say, the Under-30s?
And to blame Brown for the players revolt is surely only speculation.

Edit - and I would doubt that even you could have witnessed Jimmy Dunn!

--------
06-02-2011, 06:29 PM
Not everyone is your vintage though. I would imagine that Scott Brown makes a lot of all-time Hibs XI's from say, the Under-30s?
And to blame Brown for the players revolt is surely only speculation.

Edit - and I would doubt that even you could have witnessed Jimmy Dunn!

ALL-TIME.

He said it.

END OF. :rolleyes:

Iggy Pope
06-02-2011, 06:32 PM
ALL-TIME.

He said it.

END OF. :rolleyes:

End of? Hardly. Are you dictating all Hibbies, all-time favourites? Off yer horse. Jimmy Dunn and Bobby Combe certainly are not amongst mine. Scott Brown might be.

lapsedhibee
06-02-2011, 06:35 PM

Willie Hamilton

Peter Cormack

Russell Latapy

My mind is, eh, wand

But I'm not sure PC played in mittelfield for us. I remember him as right winger and striker. Thought he was brilliant in midfield for Liverpuddle and Scotland, but honestly can't recall him in there at ER. He was an occasional good goalie for us though! :agree:

--------
06-02-2011, 06:43 PM
End of? Hardly. Are you dictating all Hibbies, all-time favourites? Off yer horse. Jimmy Dunn and Bobby Combe certainly are not amongst mine. Scott Brown might be.

Not favourites. All-time Hibs team. That means best players, or players who made a significant mark in the history of the club and the sport. Dunn and Combe both achieved much more than Brown has, and anything he achieves in the future will be as a Celtic player.

7Hero
06-02-2011, 06:50 PM

why do people want to appreciate brown or indeed celtic for anything they do. I wouldn't even give the old firm derby the time of the day, far better watching phineas and ferb.

this is a shocker of a thread

CropleyWasGod
06-02-2011, 06:50 PM
My mind is, eh, wand

But I'm not sure PC played in mittelfield for us. I remember him as right winger and striker. Thought he was brilliant in midfield for Liverpuddle and Scotland, but honestly can't recall him in there at ER. He was an occasional good goalie for us though! :agree:

You're obviously SO much older than me :greengrin

I remember PC just playing. I was a primary school kid, with no perception of positions or the like. I do remember, though, my Dad and Grandad continually shouting "Cormack, get up off your backside!"

The more things change, the more they stay the same :rolleyes:

Iggy Pope
06-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Not favourites. All-time Hibs team. That means best players, or players who made a significant mark in the history of the club and the sport. Dunn and Combe both achieved much more than Brown has, and anything he achieves in the future will be as a Celtic player.

Interesting. What did Jimmy Dunn achieve for Hibs that Scott Brown has not? His claim to fame would appear to be a noted appearance at Wembly for Scotland.

I look forward to you enlightening me on that one.

I know that Scott Brown made his mark in his time with us and indelibly, March 07 at Hampden Park is a significant part of that history you refer to.

Wotherspiniesta
06-02-2011, 06:52 PM
why do people want to appreciate brown or indeed celtic for anything they do. I wouldn't even give the old firm derby the time of the day, far better watching phineas and ferb.

this is a shocker of a thread

Now we're not even allowed to say he played well?

He was brilliant IMO. I'm not saying that as a Scott Brown fan. I'm not saying that as a Celtic fan. I'm saying that as a football fan.

weecounty hibby
06-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Have to agree with Doddie and Cropleywasgod. Brown was a decent player for us but to give him "Hibs legend" status is way, way too far. In the not too distant past, Sauzee, Latapy, Collins all world class and then we can get into the older players that these guys talk about. Brown did it for a couple of seasons for us and then disappeared as soon as the OF offered big cash. He did it in a more dignified way than Katie but he still did it.

Iggy Pope
06-02-2011, 06:55 PM

Interesting. What did Jimmy Dunn achieve for Hibs that Scott Brown has not? His claim to fame would appear to be a noted appearance at Wembly for Scotland.

I know that Scott Brown made his mark in his time with us and indelibly, March 07 at Hampden Park is a significant part of that history you refer to.

According to Wiki he moved to Everton IMMEDIATELY after that Wembley apppearance.......hmmmmm.

--------
06-02-2011, 06:56 PM

Always happy to oblige.

One thing at least - he stayed 8 years and didn't leave such a nasty taste behind him when he left.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Dunn_(Scottish_footballer)

I'm still trying to work out exactly why so may Hibs supporters are going all misty-eyed at something a Celtic player did in an OF game?

(Thinks) Is there more tio this than meets the eye? :devil:

Iggy Pope
06-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Have to agree with Doddie and Cropleywasgod. Brown was a decent player for us but to give him "Hibs legend" status is way, way too far. In the not too distant past, Sauzee, Latapy, Collins all world class and then we can get into the older players that these guys talk about. Brown did it for a couple of seasons for us and then disappeared as soon as the OF offered big cash. He did it in a more dignified way than Katie but he still did it.

Discuss.

Iggy Pope
06-02-2011, 06:57 PM
According to Wiki he moved to Everton IMMEDIATELY after that Wembley apppearance.......hmmmmm.

Always happy to oblige.

One thing at least - he stayed 8 years and didn't leave such a nasty taste behind him when he left.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Dunn_(Scottish_footballer)

I'm still trying to work out exactly why so may Hibs supporters are going all misty-eyed at something a Celtic player did in an OF game?

I took a shot at Wiki for myself. Not very loyal in the end was he?

--------
06-02-2011, 06:57 PM

8 years at the club before that.

And as I say, he didn't leave the nasty taste behind him that Brown did.

SMAXXA
06-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Its funny how we all see things differently. My view was that Brown had a wee go at Diouf in the first half and Diouf went on to rip the p*ss out of Brown on 2 occasions that I can recall/ For me tho, your teams down to 10 men in an old firm scottish cup tie when youve just scored the equaliser and the first think the guy has in his head is to taunt an opposition player regardless of who he is, says more about Browns personality/attiitude than anything else.

The guys a tosser and he reeks of the same lack of class that is befitting any old firm player!.

Away and celebrate with your own and stop inciting trouble you idiot!

IMO that is!

Iggy Pope
06-02-2011, 06:59 PM

You have yet to tell me what he achieved. Benny Brazil was with us for 8 seasons and more.

weecounty hibby
06-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Discuss.
Collins stayed on for a further two years after Celtics first aproach, saying he still had much to learn. Staying with Hibs for two more years made him a better player. Brown has at best stayed as he was. When Collins went to Celtic he wasa far far better player than Brown, proved by his subsequent moves. Latapy ended his time similar to Brown by leaving a sour taste but I think his time was up anyway due to disciplinary issues.

Mon Dieu4
06-02-2011, 07:00 PM
I liked Brown when he was at Hibs and his petulant streak, he had a real chance in my opinion to be one of the best Scottish players in a generation, if he had went to the likes of Reading he would have only been there a couple of season, enhanced his game and had lots of bigger clubs looking at him.

Instead he took the easy way out and joined Celtc, he is no better a player now than he was at Hibs, he acted like a total erky towards Hibs as much as Thomson did, fair enough in the end he knuckled down and won the cup but as far as im concerned he is an erse(Yep I now cheer Deek & Murray and im a two faced bassa but I dont care, they actually play for HIBERNIAN again).

In one of the games he played back at Easter Road I booed him like I do with any Old Firm player and someone was trying to give me pelters for it, Legend FFS aye right Franck & Russell to name two would never tire of nutmegging him for 90 mins solid

greenlex
06-02-2011, 07:01 PM

As I remember it Doddie, Brown was given a standing ovation by fans in his last game at ER so hardly a nasty taste. Did I just imagine that? Are are making things up to suit your point of view?

Iggy Pope
Collins stayed on for a further two years after Celtics first aproach, saying he still had much to learn. Staying with Hibs for two more years made him a better player. Brown has at best stayed as he was. When Collins went to Celtic he wasa far far better player than Brown, proved by his subsequent moves. Latapy ended his time similar to Brown by leaving a sour taste but I think his time was up anyway due to disciplinary issues.

That make those two legends then? I've got it now.

And what do you know of the subsequent moves of Scott Brown?

--------
You have yet to tell me what he achieved. Benny Brazil was with us for 8 seasons and more.

Look at the rest of the forward line in that Scotland team.

Alex Jackson, James Dunn, Hughie Gallacher, Alex James, Alan Morton - genuine legends of the game.

Iggy Pope
06-02-2011, 07:03 PM
As I remember it Doddie, Brown was given a standing ovation by fans in his last game at ER so hardly a nasty taste. Did I just imagine that? Are are making things up to suit your point of view?

Don't think you and I have agreed on much previously but I'm with you on this one.

Iggy Pope
06-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Look at the rest of the forward line in that Scotland team.

Alex Jackson, James Dunn, Hughie Gallacher, Alex James, Alan Morton - genuine legends of the game.

What did he acheive for Hibs though? You said he has and I'd like to know.

weecounty hibby
06-02-2011, 07:07 PM
That make those two legends then? I've got it now.

And what do you know of the subsequent moves of Scott Brown?
No, IMO it makes them better players than Brown. People on here who think Brown is some sort of legend are seriously ****ed up. Decent player won a cup with us but does that make McNeil who played in goals that day a Hibs legend, I would say not. Des Bremner won nothing with Hibs but won the league and European cup with AV, more of a legend than Brown, and also a better player. I expect Brown to sit tight at Celtic for most of his career as it is easy for him, he had the option to go to EPL when he left us but took the easy option just as I think he will continue to do, all IMO of course.

johnrebus
06-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Thought that Brown's attempt to wind up El Hadj Duoif after his goal this afternoon was really sad.

Brown and Celtic are the perfect match.

Hibs Legend my arse.

:bitchy:

--------
06-02-2011, 07:25 PM

True. Maybe I'm being too subjective here, but I cannot imagine that Brown wasn't involved in the dressing-room trouble just before he left. He had had a major falling-out with Collins just a few months before, he had got what he wanted (a medal), and he had a chance to get back at Collins big-time, with no danger of anything coming back on himself.

He's never come over to ME as the forgiving sort. :rolleyes:

Nor can I quite understand why so many Hibs supporters forgot so easily the way he behaved for week after week in the first part of the season - until he got his way. Or that he was part of the team that failed so miserably in the Scottish Cup. Or the way his transfer and so many others are flung at us time after time by the Celtic support.

Maybe I just don't think Celtic players should be touted as HIBS legends - because make no mistake, when his career comes to be assessed after his retirement, he won't be thought of as a Hibs player. He'll be Celtic green all the way.

Iggy Pope
06-02-2011, 07:30 PM
True. Maybe I'm being too subjective here, but I cannot imagine that Brown wasn't involved in the dressing-room trouble just before he left. He had had a major falling-out with Collins just a few months before, he had got what he wanted (a medal), and he had a chance to get back at Collins big-time, with no danger of anything coming back on himself.

He's never come over to ME as the forgiving sort. :rolleyes:

Nor can I quite understand why so many Hibs supporters forgot so easily the way he behaved for week after week in the first part of the season - until he got his way. Or that he was part of the team that failed so miserably in the Scottish Cup. Or the way his transfer and so many others are flung at us time after time by the Celtic support.

Maybe I just don't think Celtic players should be touted as HIBS legends - because make no mistake, when his career comes to be assessed after his retirement, he won't be thought of as a Hibs player. He'll be Celtic green all the way.

Not alone there though. All those other legends you spoke of failed in the Scottish at some time or another. Including Jimmy Dunn in a couple of finals if I've got it right.

And you continue to speculate about his role in the Dressing Room. Lacks substance I'm afraid.

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 07:35 PM
That is total rubbish.

All-time Hibs eleven?

Pat Stanton? Aye, right.

John Collins? Get real.

Bobby Combe? Nope.

Did you read all of this debate or just the bits that you fancied? Scott is a Hibs legend for his time at Hibs - not for his time at Celtc. Today's incident merely served to remind me of what we are missing and then to post on it.

When it comes to an all time Hibs eleven it depends for starters on what formation you are going to play. I cannot comment on, for example, the worth of Jimmy Dunn from 1928 as - not surprisingly - I never saw him play. In my view Scott, at his best at Hibs, was one of the best players of his type I have seen at ER.

You seem to have a wee bit of an issue with Celtc.

Iggy Pope
06-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Did you read all of this debate or just the bits that you fancied? Scott is a Hibs legend for his time at Hibs - not for his time at Celtc. Today's incident merely served to remind me of what we are missing and then to post on it.

When it comes to an all time Hibs eleven it depends for starters on what formation you are going to play. I cannot comment on, for example, the worth of Jimmy Dunn from 1928 as - not surprisingly - I never saw him play. In my view Scott, at his best at Hibs, was one of the best players of his type I have seen at ER.

Go easy - that sort of talk gets you all Kerrydale St, whatever that is.
:blah:

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Always happy to oblige.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Dunn_(Scottish_footballer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Dunn_%28Scottish_footballer))

There is for you I think.

jdships
06-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Thought that Brown's attempt to wind up El Hadj Duoif after his goal this afternoon was really sad.

Hibs Legend my arse.

Absolutely !
So flaming obvious - " act your age not your shoe size " comes to mind :rolleyes:

H18sry
06-02-2011, 07:49 PM
7183 :wink:

HNA6
06-02-2011, 07:50 PM
7183 :wink::faf:

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 07:57 PM
7183 :wink:

Astonishing. I caught the whole second half of that game and didn't notice at the time that he was playing in a mankini. No wonder Diouf didn't want to look at him.

Brizo
06-02-2011, 07:58 PM

Hibs Legend my arse.

The term legend is used far too readily nowadays , not just in football but in all areas. Its all part of the sensationalising of language where people find the need to use over the top language to describe something quite ordinary ie someones had a busy day at work so they are "stressed". I blame the soaps and reality TV.

I wonder how folk would have viewed Browns antics if he hadnt played for Hibs ?
" Legend" or petulant weasel faced nyaff:devil:

sambajustice
06-02-2011, 08:00 PM
Scott Brown is a winner.

Unlike most at Easter Road!

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 08:00 PM
So anyway, all I said was "That piece of Halibut was good enough for Jehovah" and look what happened.

marinello59
06-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Scott Brown is a winner.

Why didn't he head South then and prove it in a decent league rather than choose to be a big fish in a small pond?

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 08:02 PM

The term legend is used far too readily nowadays , not just in football but in all areas. Its all part of the sensationalising of language where people find the need to use over the top language to describe something quite ordinary ie someones had a busy day at work so they are "stressed". I blame the soaps and reality TV.

I wonder how folk would have viewed Browns antics if he hadnt played for Hibs ?
" Legend" or petulant weasel faced nyaff:devil:

Um, completely differently because that's the whole point?

Your argument falls squarely into the "if ma auntie had baws she would be ma uncle" camp.

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Why didn't he head South then and prove it in a decent league rather than choose to be a big fish in a small pond?

That's the pity of it. Of course he may yet do that. Good to see the likes of Fletcher managing it and cutting the mustard. Always a shame when someone sparkling with promise like Kevin Harper heads south and doesn't quite make it to the level you would have hoped.

But hush my mouth, he left us and therefore we must no longer speak of him.

greenlex
06-02-2011, 08:28 PM
I imagine its because he could earn the same money and set himself up for life without leaving the area.
There is time with his next move to experiment on the bigger stage. All IMO of course. I reckon for a player like Brown the Premiership will afford hm far more space and is a lot slower than the SPL. If he could stay injury free he could be a big player there. Should he choose it of course.

tanfield
06-02-2011, 08:29 PM
As someone said, people use the word "legend" too much these days, it's like the evening news using the word "star" to make a story more appealing.

Is scott brown a genuine hibs legend? I personally don't think so and I find it hard to consider anyone who is still playing to be a legend!

Yes, he was a good player and was instrumental in a side that won a major domestic honour. The kind of player who got you out of your seat.

I'm getting more amusement with people squabbling over their all time hibs midfield and and even HH's efforts of saying that 8 years at the club was not loyal for jimmy dunn, than with whatever a celtic player got up to today.

hibee_nation
06-02-2011, 08:31 PM
This thread has taken so many directions i don't know where to start.
My take on it is Diouf came with the bad boy reputation from the biggest and best league in the world, he tried to play it up at the free kick showing i'm the man moving the ball back etc. When the time was right the wee Scotsman fae Fife got it right up him and looked him right in the eye basically sayin I'm the daddy. :aok:
Regardless who he plays for well done that man for showing that piece of **** he ain't gonna intimidate anyone up here. After today his gas is at a peep. :greengrin
As was mentioned earlier Scotties fake dive to the huns at Ipox earned him legend status in my eyes. He had them spewin, nuff said. :greengrin

Cod Boy
06-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Had diouf scored and done what brown did he would be getting slated by folk

Shrekko
06-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Scott Brown is a winner.

You mean he runs about like a headless chicken when his teams losing? He's still not exactly disciplined is he?

If he's such a winner how come he's still playing SPL when some folk on here rate him as close to world class? How come until recently he wasn't even well liked by Celtic fans?

Although he's a good player I wouldn't really class him as a 'winner'. Big-head yes.

Cannae believe the man love the guy gets on here.

Wotherspiniesta
06-02-2011, 08:40 PM

That's because Diouf is a disgusting human being

....And he never played for Hibs :greengrin

New Corrie
06-02-2011, 08:40 PM
David Cameron is right.....multi culturism doesn't work.

El Haj Diouf wants to spit on people and laugh at people with broken legs.

British people want to get drunk.stab people, call their kids stupid names and take loads of drugs and benefits.

Bleak picture.

Ed De Gramo
06-02-2011, 08:46 PM

Allegedly....

As much as I despise that worm Thomson....I think there was a lot of commetns being taken out of context

essexhibee
06-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Well played scotty!
Diouf is a sewer rate....utterly despiciple creature. Loved the fact he was winding up that ****bag.

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 08:56 PM

British people want to get drunk.stab people, call their kids stupid names and take loads of drugs and benefits.

Bleak picture.

Did you accidentally post in the wrong thread/forum/messageboard?

No he's not. He's just grubbing for Tory votes.

That's because of the person he is, it isn't because of where he comes from or because of his 'culture'.

I'm British. I don't want to get drunk, stab people, call my kids stupid names and take loads of drugs and benefits. And neither do the vast majority of people living in this country.

Bleak picture.[/
It would be if it was true. But its not.

--------
06-02-2011, 09:18 PM

Yup. I do.

Most posts on this thread would be more at home on Kerrydale Street. :bitchy:

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Yup. I do.

Most posts on this thread would be more at home on Kerrydale Street. :bitchy:

I don't know whether posts on this thread would be at home on Kerrydale Street - I've never been there or indeed any other Celtc website. Frankly though I haven't seen anything on here that looks particularly pro-Celtc.

But anyway what, precisely, is your issue with Celtc?

silverhibee
06-02-2011, 09:27 PM

Its not really about Deek, and he never stooped so low as to hand in a transfer request to leave Hibs, he seen his 5 year contract out that he signed at the time, and that was his right to do that.

I remember SB bad mouthing fans, saying him and katie got a hard time from Hibs fans in a restraunt and said they felt threatened by the situation and had to leave, and dont forget his agent how he made out that SB was a victim in all the carry on that went on with his agent and the idiot from the daily ****** who printed there stories.

greenlex
06-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Its not really about Deek, and he never stooped so low as to hand in a transfer request to leave Hibs, he seen his 5 year contract out that he signed at the time, and that was his right to do that.

I have no beef with Derek but was he happy enough to sit on the bench at Celtic till Hibs got nothing for him until he was of age where no payment needed to be made

I remember SB bad mouthing fans, saying him and katie got a hard time from Hibs fans in a restraunt and said they felt threatened by the situation and had to leave, and dont forget his agent how he made out that SB was a victim in all the carry on that went on with his agent and the idiot from the daily ****** who printed there stories.
If the players felt threatened by fans at a restraunt and had to leave how is that bad mouthing them?I have seen some of the idiots who follow Hibs first hand as I am sure you have.
Whats your beef with Brown Silver?

marinello59
06-02-2011, 09:34 PM

Brown's transfer request was handed in straight after a defeat IIRC. Hardly the actions of a legend.
I don't really blame either player for wanting to chase the money. It's their careers. But I really don't understand why KT's behaviour has been considered worse than Broon's. It looked like they were working in tandem to me.

silverhibee
06-02-2011, 09:35 PM

:tee hee:

FranckSuzy
06-02-2011, 10:20 PM
I'm one of deek's fans, but the above? Probably not ...

Are they not talking about Broony? :confused:

sesoim
06-02-2011, 10:31 PM

:agree: Brown was a great player (at times) for us, but he has always came across as a dislikeable moron. There's no way normal fans would celebrate folk acting like antoganistic ****. But then again, looking around the East Stand:offski:.

--------
06-02-2011, 10:33 PM
I don't know whether posts on this thread would be at home on Kerrydale Street - I've never been there or indeed any other Celtc website. Frankly though I haven't seen anything on here that looks particularly pro-Celtc.

But anyway what, precisely, is your issue with Celtc?

First, they're one of two clubs that have made serious (and almost successful) efforts to put Hibs completely out of business. For this reason they're hardly top of my 'most popular competitors' list.

Second, it wasn't so long ago that the South Stand was full of banners celebrating the fact that we had been thier 'feeder club' since 1888 - you must remember this - it was the banner where they mis-spelled 'Celtc'?

Third, the assumption by many of their supporters that somehow or other Hibs are Celtic's 'wee brothers' and that when we play them we have some sort of obligation to lie down to them - we're supposed to prefer THEM to win the League rather than Rangers. Personally, I couldn't care less which of the gruesome twosome win anything - they're joined at the hip, two sides of one totally unacceptable elemant of Scottish society.

Third, I never have, do not, and never will go all goo-goo and sentimental over any player who, like Brown, uses Hibs as a nothing more than a stepping-stone to a big contract with either of the OF. And who cares so little for the club that he's prepared to do damage to it, to hold it to ransom?

A player who behaves in the way Brown and Thomson did in engineering their move - Collins, also a fine midfielder with Hibs and new in the job, surely deserved a little better from players of the 'stature' and importance to the club of these two? Has everyone forgotten that the two of them were working together, with the same agent? I'm supposed to be grateful that Brown stayed six months longer than Katie - and was well-paid for doing so?

A player who caused months of strife and disruption at the club - disruption we could well have done without; and a player who I say again I am quite convinced was implicated in the dressing-room rebellion that spelled out the beginning of the end for JC?

We were told that 19 players arrived on RP's doorstep that night - no names have been mentioned, but do you seriously expect me to believe that Brown wasn't among them? Scotty stayed at home watching 'Desperate Housewives' while the others went off on the demo? I must be much, much more cynical than you, or perhaps you're much more naive than I am, but Brown doesn't come over to me as one who forgives easily or forgets, and Brown was the guy Collins showed up in the gym when he came in as manager.

If Whittaker had scored this afternoon, and got in Brown's face the way Brown got in Diouf's, would we have had this thread? I really don't think we would, and that bothers me, because it suggests that some of us are still hankering after hanging on Celtic's coat-tails. Bad enough that they despise us, but I don't have to like it.

Like I said - some of the posts on here would fit in on Kerrydale Street without breaking the pattern in the least. Actually, Kerrydale Street's a good site to go to to find out what the Celtic supporters really think of Hibs.

One Day Soon
06-02-2011, 10:59 PM
First, they're one of two clubs that have made serious (and almost successful) efforts to put Hibs completely out of business. For this reason they're hardly top of my 'most popular competitors' list.

Second, it wasn't so long ago that the South Stand was full of banners celebrating the fact that we had been thier 'feeder club' since 1888 - you must remember this - it was the banner where they mis-spelled 'Celtc'?

Third, the assumption by many of their supporters that somehow or other Hibs are Celtic's 'wee brothers' and that when we play them we have some sort of obligation to lie down to them - we're supposed to prefer THEM to win the League rather than Rangers. Personally, I couldn't care less which of the gruesome twosome win anything - they're joined at the hip, two sides of one totally unacceptable elemant of Scottish society.

In total agreement up to this point and relieved to see there's no distinction being made between the Ugly Sisters. Actually I think those at Greyskull have the honesty to be and say what they are, whereas the plastics are worse because they are in denial and - like those of them who visit here - tend to be both evasive and dishonest about their own sectarian problem.

Third, I never have, do not, and never will go all goo-goo and sentimental over any player who, like Brown, uses Hibs as a nothing more than a stepping-stone to a big contract with either of the OF. And who cares so little for the club that he's prepared to do damage to it, to hold it to ransom?

All good players at hibs are using the club as a stepping stone to somewhere so I see this position as being a bit nonsensical.

A player who behaves in the way Brown and Thomson did in engineering their move - Collins, also a fine midfielder with Hibs and new in the job, surely deserved a little better from players of the 'stature' and importance to the club of these two? Has everyone forgotten that the two of them were working together, with the same agent? I'm supposed to be grateful that Brown stayed six months longer than Katie - and was well-paid for doing so?

Well there is at the very least a difference of aproach between the two. One stayed longer and the other didn't. But the truth is that both were being run by their agent were they not and that is where the majority of criticism ought to be directed.

A player who caused months of strife and disruption at the club - disruption we could well have done without; and a player who I say again I am quite convinced was implicated in the dressing-room rebellion that spelled out the beginning of the end for JC?

We were told that 19 players arrived on RP's doorstep that night - no names have been mentioned, but do you seriously expect me to believe that Brown wasn't among them? Scotty stayed at home watching 'Desperate Housewives' while the others went off on the demo? I must be much, much more cynical than you, or perhaps you're much more naive than I am, but Brown doesn't come over to me as one who forgives easily or forgets, and Brown was the guy Collins showed up in the gym when he came in as manager.

But when all is said and done this is just assertion. You have no idea who did and did not join this delegation.

If Whittaker had scored this afternoon, and got in Brown's face the way Brown got in Diouf's, would we have had this thread? I really don't think we would, and that bothers me, because it suggests that some of us are still hankering after hanging on Celtic's coat-tails. Bad enough that they despise us, but I don't have to like it.

No we wouldn't be having this discussion because a key part of it is the person in whose face he was getting. No Diouf, no story. Had Scott been a Rangers player and Diouf playing for Celtc then I would have posted exactly the same thing.

Like I said - some of the posts on here would fit in on Kerrydale Street without breaking the pattern in the least. Actually, Kerrydale Street's a good site to go to to find out what the Celtic supporters really think of Hibs.

Because of you I have now had a look at Kerrydale Street. My considered opinion is that you should not be wasting your time reading drivel like that.

--------
06-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Because of you I have now had a look at Kerrydale Street. My considered opinion is that you should not be wasting your time reading drivel like that.

It only takes a few keystrokes once in a long while. Don't think I'm a regular - my immune system isn't of the best and prolonged exposure to to KS or any other Celtic-dominated environment would certainly lead to severe health issues.

We used to have a missionary come over here from KS to convert us to right-thinking Plastic Oirish Paddies, but Jack hasn't been around for a while. Maybe they've killed and eaten him.

Truth is, while I've never doubted Brown's ability, he was never a player I liked. (I don't like Diouf either, tbh.)

I know good players at ER are looking for the big move, but not every player who leaves ER engineers that move in as nasty and cynical a manner as did KT and SB. And in my experience the player instructs the agent, not the other way round. They didn't have to treat the club or the manager as badly as they did. Lots of fine players have left ER in the years I've followed Hibs, but the Brown/Thomson saga was the worst I can remember for disruption, nastiness and venom.

I do not like either Celtic or Rangers, but I'm old enough to remember when a certain section of the Hibs support automatically supported Celtic in OF games on the basis that Hibs were an Irish club like Celtic. And we sang the songs they sang, too. I don't want to see it back. We aren't Celtic clones.

PS: You DID have all your inoculations before you went on K'dale St? I wouldn't like you to come down with anything nasty....

steakbake
07-02-2011, 12:09 AM
:agree: Brown was a great player (at times) for us, but he has always came across as a dislikeable moron. There's no way normal fans would celebrate folk acting like antoganistic ****. But then again, looking around the East Stand:offski:.

This is the winning post. The diamond amid the horse sh*te.

Its the kind of ******** hard-man/halfwit behavior being 'celebrated' here that really sticks in my craw.

Brown gave the stand out performance as the ******** in chief which is some achievement when he's surrounded by 50,000 others to choose from.

NAE NOOKIE
07-02-2011, 02:25 AM
Canny be bothered to read all of this thread.

My opinion of Scott Brown at Hibs ...... Bloody excellent :not worth

My opinion of Scott Brown at Celtic ......

Captain Trips
07-02-2011, 06:29 AM
Brown and Diouf are a pair knobs, 8 pages on this clownshoe duo, dissapointed I felt I had to add my opinion but I have.

Green_one
07-02-2011, 07:30 AM
I have no gripe against Brown and was pleased to see both him and Whittaker get goals.

I thought they were bright points in a poor game technically, full of 'fight ball' and lacking any flowing play.

How saying something like this should somehow be an Irish issue I have no idea. These guys played for Hibs for a number of years, are our product and won the cup with us. Sadly they moved on but that is part of our position as a club. We got very good money for these guys, without which Hibs would be in a much poorer state. Neither ever said they were Hibs supporters or would stay for life. No-one would have believed them had they said so.

Scotty and Whittaker have always been pretty strainght with us in games against Hibs. Brown was obviously going to be an irritating player for the opposition. He stood up to Diouf, who is a complete ******. Maybe he was a little OTT but so what. We were all saying how great is was to see Hibs midfield get physical, then how can we point at Brown? I think some people have too many issues with celtic to think objectively.

Phil MaGlass
07-02-2011, 07:44 AM
This thread is already 8 pages long, so I reckon he actually adds to the Scottish game, Scottish fitba needs characters like Broonie and dare I say it lennon(:asshole:), we would be poorer without them. I wouldnt really say Broonie has gotten worse after leaving us, he was better than average with us and plays well at Celtic. Mibbe not class in some eyes but yi cannae please everyone.

Steve20
07-02-2011, 07:52 AM
Handing in a transfer request right after a game. Legend? Not a chance.

If it had been the other way about yesterday, I am sure the same people praising Brown would have been calling Diouf a disgrace.

Septimus
07-02-2011, 08:13 AM
I was too young to see Stanton but from what I here he was not the type of players who would go about winding up opposite players and fans. So to answer your question, No. Can you not remember the game at ER a few years ago he was winding up Zemmama the whole game trying to get him booked and so on. Was Scott Brown a legend then?

Stanton left Hibs under very different circumstances from Brown and was a classic style player whoes message was contained in the manner in which he played.

Watching yesterday I got the impression that the message was that we Scots are just as hard men as you will ever be. A sort of "These Colours Don't Run" in a gesture.

Childish in the extreme IMHO

blackpoolhibs
07-02-2011, 08:17 AM
Allegedly....

As much as I despise that worm Thomson....I think there was a lot of commetns being taken out of context

Go on then, expand on that. What comments were taken out of context?

Golden Bear
07-02-2011, 08:22 AM

Absolutely excellent.

jakedance
07-02-2011, 09:32 AM
I don't really care what a Celtic player does to a Rangers player but I can understand why Brown did this.

Diouf spat on the Celtic support and, as club captain, Brown probably felt he needed to even up the score a bit. It may not have been very classy but, well, this is the old firm we're talking about here. Fitba is always better when you've got these wee personal battles going on. I might even watch the replay now.

J-C
07-02-2011, 09:47 AM
I don't really care what a Celtic player does to a Rangers player but I can understand why Brown did this.

Diouf spat on the Celtic support and, as club captain, Brown probably felt he needed to even up the score a bit. It may not have been very classy but, well, this is the old firm we're talking about here. Fitba is always better when you've got these wee personal battles going on. I might even watch the replay now.

Was Brown even at Celtic at that time, although their captain, I'm sure his allegiance lies elsewhere does it not. :wink:

hibiedude
07-02-2011, 09:56 AM
Scot Brown went OTT yesterday

He was a great player for us but watching him against Rangers he clearly trying to get El hadji Diouf sent off.

And before the critics start....... I have no time for Diouf for his spitting and telling a player to stop faking injury only to find out the guy had broken his leg.

What was the phrase used at the time....A Sewer Rat :agree:

JimBHibees
07-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Scott Brown is certainly not a legend however he was an excellent player for Hibs and enjoyed watching him play. You always knew you were going to get 100% from him and no shortage of ability.

The way he and KT went about engineering their move out of the club was appalling of that there is no doubt. In saying that personally thought his celebration after the goal was very funny and would have said the same if it was the other way about.

Jim44
07-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Scot Brown went OTT yesterday

He was a great player for us but watching him against Rangers he clearly trying to get El hadji Diouf sent off.

And before the critics start....... I have no time for Diouf for his spitting and telling a player to stop faking injury only to find out the guy had broken his leg.

What was the phrase used at the time....A Sewer Rat :agree:

Neil Warnock used that description then qualified it saying it was an insult to sewer rats. :greengrin

Tricla
07-02-2011, 10:20 AM
Just had a scan through this thread because I'm not going to waste a longer part of my life reading it in detail.

Some of us seem to have a real affinity for Scott Brown/Celtc. :confused:

What I have deduced though is that anyone who thinks that Scott Brown or indeed Steven Whittaker were/are Hibs legends is having a laugh.

How anyone can hold these ambition-less twerps in the same regard as Pat Stanton, Derek Riordan, The Famous 5, Franck Sauzee etc is completely beyond me.

In regards to the players themselves, as I said earlier in the thread, I couldn't give a hoot about them as they no longer have anything to do with my club.

If everyone else felt th same this thread would have been less of a waste of server space!

The Voice Of Reason
07-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Brown and Diouf are a pair of knobs, 8 pages on this clownshoe duo, dissapointed I felt I had to add my opinion but I have.

My thoughts exactly sir :agree: :top marks

7Hero
07-02-2011, 10:38 AM

Could not agree more..

can't believe sections of our support are sympathising with celtic and rangers players, comments on this board suggesting well done to brown and whittaker for scoring goals. i mean really why give a toss...:bitchy:

blackpoolhibs
07-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Just had a scan through this thread because I'm not going to waste a longer part of my life reading it in detail.

Some of us seem to have a real affinity for Scott Brown/Celtc. :confused:

What I have deduced though is that anyone who thinks that Scott Brown or indeed Steven Whittaker were/are Hibs legends is having a laugh.

How anyone can hold these ambition-less twerps in the same regard as Pat Stanton, Derek Riordan, The Famous 5, Franck Sauzee etc is completely beyond me.

In regards to the players themselves, as I said earlier in the thread, I couldn't give a hoot about them as they no longer have anything to do with my club.

If everyone else felt th same this thread would have been less of a waste of server space!

:faf: And how were these two more ambitious?

Tricla
07-02-2011, 10:42 AM
:faf: And how were these two more ambitious?

I never said they were.

What I meant was that they are Hibs legends and Brown and Whittaker are not.

J-C
07-02-2011, 10:46 AM
Just on SSN, Diouf said Brown was saying things about him and his family, then said, " who exactly is Scott brown, he's a nobody, I am bigger and stronger than he is. "

StevieC
07-02-2011, 10:46 AM

Based on his history, that would hardly be surprising.

blackpoolhibs
07-02-2011, 10:49 AM
I never said they were.

What I meant was that they are Hibs legends and Brown and Whittaker are not.

I don't disagree, but both have won more and one in particular has done a lot more than Stanton and Riordan will ever do or have done in their careers.

One has had more ambition so far than both Stanton and Riordan, and the other could play in the EPL if he wants IN THE FUTURE.

I dislike Brown and Thomson with a passion, and neither are or even in the future will come anywhere near being a Hibs legend, but this whole thread has gone a long way away from what the original poster was meaning.

No way was it meant as Brown being a Hibs legend, just pointing out what he did was funny, and we loved him when he did it in our jersey.

J-C
07-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Based on his history, that would hardly be surprising.

Apart from spitting, Brown has in his time been a dirty little ****** on the pitch just like Diouf, he's renowned for winding up opponents and putting in a few juicy challenges.

StevieC
07-02-2011, 10:54 AM
Apart from spitting, Brown has in his time been a dirty little ****** on the pitch just like Diouf, he's renowned for winding up opponents and putting in a few juicy challenges.

And therein lies the difference.
There are lots of players you love to hate, but it's a bit of a step to the level of Diouf who just seems to be an all round nasty piece of work.

blackpoolhibs
07-02-2011, 10:57 AM
And therein lies the difference.
There are lots of players you love to hate, but it's a bit of a step to the level of Diouf who just seems to be an all round nasty piece of work.

:agree: You don't become the most hated man in british football, without good good reason. He's a despicable individual, one who deserves that tag 100%.

J-C
07-02-2011, 11:00 AM
:agree: You don't become the most hated man in british football, without good good reason. He's a despicable individual, one who deserves that tag 100%.

Yup, good footballer but a piece of low life.

CRAZYHIBBY
07-02-2011, 11:11 AM
having actually met el hadji i have to say to hes a very nice guy. Absolutely bird daft and a genuinely good fun guy. Hes had his problems and done stupid things on the pitch but he does have a good side and is very generous off the field as well. He actually gives a lot to various different charities but you never seem to hear about that kid of stuff.

lapsedhibee
07-02-2011, 11:14 AM
having actually met el hadji i have to say to hes a very nice guy. Absolutely bird daft and a genuinely good fun guy. Hes had his problems and done stupid things on the pitch but he does have a good side and is very generous off the field as well. He actually gives a lot to various different charities but you never seem to hear about that kid of stuff.

... and Hitler was a teetotal non-smoking vegetarian, which Churchill never mentioned at all!

Jim44
07-02-2011, 11:15 AM
A smile and a wink in Diouf's direction when he scored would have been miles more effective than the ridiculous posture he adopted.