PDA

View Full Version : Sportscene instead of MOTD

Gus Fring
05-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Sportscene is on in scotland instead of Match of the Day. I'd personally rather watch MOTD so heres how to watch it if you do to (most people probably know already)

iPlayer - Watch Live
BBC One HD
Sky - 974
Virgin - 858 (i think)

stevensons-fan
05-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Sportscene is on in scotland instead of Match of the Day. I'd personally rather watch MOTD so heres how to watch it if you do to (most people probably know already)

iPlayer - Watch Live
BBC One HD
Sky - 974
Virgin - 858 (i think)

851 for Virgin mate

Gus Fring
05-02-2011, 09:30 PM
851 for Virgin mate

Cheers for that, wasnt sure.

Liam89
05-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Ridiculous, Sportscene over MOTD is a joke imo. Have it at a different time or different channel, I don't care - Nurse jackie is on BBC Two, play it ahead of that. :wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Truly hopeless defending and absolutely dreadful pitches. I am watching MOTD, btw.

Broken Gnome
05-02-2011, 10:22 PM
I do love it when people think it's a disgrace that decent Scottish highlights are shown ahead of Premiership highlights... despite complaining quite the opposite every other non-Scottish Cup weekend of the year :greengrin

greenlex
05-02-2011, 10:27 PM
The Plooky Lesbian is havin a mare:hilarious:hilarious

Twiglet
05-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Just watched the Brechin highlights, both there goals were so good.

Removed
05-02-2011, 10:32 PM
I'm watching it delayed. How the hell did Higdon not get a straight red :confused:

Shrekko
05-02-2011, 10:33 PM
The Plooky Lesbian is havin a mare:hilarious:hilarious

Most over-rated Scottish player in history and I don't care if I get pelters for posting that.

To get 9 million for him was genius and Hearts can thank the Scottish media for hyping him up beyond recognition.

He still doesn't command his area and going by that game it looks like he never will as he's not got the bravery.

Yes he's played well for Scotland and yes he made a few great saves v Hibs but that doesnt make him great.

Broken Gnome
05-02-2011, 10:59 PM
Gordon's easily proven himself as top ten Premiership, daft to suggest otherwise.

DH1875
06-02-2011, 12:37 PM
I do love it when people think it's a disgrace that decent Scottish highlights are shown ahead of Premiership highlights... despite complaining quite the opposite every other non-Scottish Cup weekend of the year :greengrin

:faf::faf::faf:...To true mate, to true.

hibee4life1983
06-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Seen as how we live in scotland, sportscene should always be on over motd, bring bk scotsport on a sunday too whilst we are at it, and people wonder why scottish fitba has no coverage. Get a grip.

tanfield
06-02-2011, 08:56 PM
I remember these days well when only 2 scottish games were covered at the weekend. Ooh the excitement when you realised the camera's were at the game and looking forward to watching it if hibs got a result!

Of course you didn't know at that time whether it was sportscene or scotsport!

Removed
06-02-2011, 09:00 PM
I remember these days well when only 2 scottish games were covered at the weekend. Ooh the excitement when you realised the camera's were at the game and looking forward to watching it if hibs got a result!

:agree: that brings back memories

greenlad
06-02-2011, 09:18 PM

But a quick look at which TV company's vans were in the "car park" behind the East let you know as did which commentator was in the booth.

My preference was always the excellent commentary of the ever knowledgable and unbiased Jock Brown (should have stuck to commentary) as well as the fact that a BBC commentary meant that you would see it that night on Sportscene. (which was ALWAYS on at 10.35pm. NOT 10.30pm or 10.45pm but 10.35 - on the dot.) Brown's commentary allied to the generally affable Dougie Donnelly and a good array guests providing thoughtful analysis of the two featured matches made Sportscene a programme worth watching.

On the other hand if it was Gerry "and there goes... the half time whistle" McNee it meant a 24-hour delay as Scotsport was on at 5pm the next day. McNees inane bias towards all things Glasgow married to Jim White's downight smarminess made Scotsport much the less enjoyable of the two programmes although it was the only programme to have FULL highlights of the SPD weekend card as well as most of the First Division and quite bizarrely IIRC they also regularly showed the goals from the top games in France, Belgium and Portugal as well, usually on the pretext that one of the OF had an upcoming European game against one of the teams.