PDA

View Full Version : Kurtis Byrne

silverback89
05-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Having seen Kurtis scoring to win the league and cup double for the under 19s last season i was watching with excitment for this young player breaking through into the first team.Then havng seen him score goals whilst out on loan at East Fife earlier in the season surely to god we have got to give te boy a chance.

We were sticking wish nish upfront for the target man bt now we have sodje i would like to see us going back to 442 wish sodje an byrne upfront with riordan cutting inside from the right.

:cgwa

greenlex
05-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Having seen Kurtis scoring to win the league and cup double for the under 19s last season i was watching with excitment for this young player breaking through into the first team.Then havng seen him score goals whilst out on loan at East Fife earlier in the season surely to god we have got to give te boy a chance.

We were sticking wish nish upfront for the target man bt now we have sodje i would like to see us going back to 442 wish sodje an byrne upfront with riordan cutting inside from the right.

So................. are you Kurtis or his old man?:greengrin

silverback89
05-02-2011, 07:14 PM
So................. are you Kurtis or his old man?:greengrin

Neither just a hibs fan who would prefer to see the youth getting a chance instead of the same crap we have been playin all season and not doing the buisness.but your obv a colin nish fan eh.

greenlex
05-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Neither just a hibs fan who would prefer to see the youth getting a chance instead of the same crap we have been playin all season and not doing the buisness.but your obv a colin nish fan eh.
You are good. I'm a Nish fan from what I posted.:confused: I will support whoever wears the green Mr Byrne. :wink::greengrin

sleeping giant

You tell him mate :tee hee:

Liam89
The manager sees Kurtis in training all week, I'm sure he has a better idea of how he'd fair in the SPL than we do. (IMO of course)

Kato
05-02-2011, 07:19 PM
i think he'll get chance at some point.

CropleyWasGod
05-02-2011, 07:20 PM

Wasn't it two seasons ago?

down-the-slope
05-02-2011, 07:26 PM
hes decent - but scored so many in the U19's because of the great service he got...not yet (and maybe nerver) good enough to make the step up

silverback89
05-02-2011, 07:29 PM
The manager sees Kurtis in training all week, I'm sure he has a better idea of how he'd fair in the SPL than we do. (IMO of course)

Well he must to Coin Nish in training everyday hence the reason he was gonna let him leave for china.

scoopyboy
05-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Wasn't it two seasons ago?

It was, furthermore since when has Deek cut in from the right.

silverback89
05-02-2011, 07:31 PM
You are good. I'm a Nish fan from what I posted.:confused: I will support whoever wears the green Mr Byrne. :wink::greengrin

Some players are not fit to waer the green n white if u ask me.

greenlex
05-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Some players are not fit to waer the green n white if u ask me.
You are correct but I am not asking.
Whoever CC puts out will get my support though unconditional.:flag:

sam armstrong
05-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Well he must to Coin Nish in training everyday hence the reason he was gonna let him leave for china.

strange post mate, for one nish was dropped as soon as the manager got a new striker. nish is also a proven goalscorer at this level although admittedly well off form just now. lastly,byrne was out on loan to east fife and latterly was not getting a starting place ther:dunno:. not sure where you are comong from here.

silverback89
05-02-2011, 07:38 PM
You are correct but I am not asking.
Whoever CC puts out will get my support though unconditional.:flag:

I just feel he has to give more youth the chance if they keep producing players like hanlon,booth,wotherspoon why not and they must have all played alongside each other in the 19s.

CropleyWasGod
05-02-2011, 07:38 PM

You misread. Rod was going to let him leave in return for a china tea set.

Keith_M
05-02-2011, 07:40 PM
strange post mate, for one nish was dropped as soon as the manager got a new striker. nish is also a proven goalscorer at this level although admittedly well off form just now. lastly,byrne was out on loan to east fife and latterly was not getting a starting place ther:dunno:. not sure where you are comong from here.

But you've got to remember, Kurtis is actually good enough to play for Celtc and Hibs are just holding him back.

...or whatever it was his Dad actually said :wink:

Sloppy
05-02-2011, 07:41 PM
i agree with the OP, i highly rate kurtis and wish he gets his chance sooner rather than later

CropleyWasGod
05-02-2011, 07:42 PM
i agree with the OP, i highly rate kurtis and wish he gets his chance sooner rather than later

I didn't realise Kurtis had a brother...:greengrin

scoopyboy
05-02-2011, 07:43 PM

I'm not sure about him to be honest.

Out of curiosity what makes you highly rate him?

silverback89
05-02-2011, 07:59 PM

Mate he was starting basicly every week at east fife he score 8 goals in 15 games

Andy74
05-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Never been convinced. Don't think he'll make it.

Wotherspiniesta
05-02-2011, 08:00 PM
His chance will come.

Having said that he (finally) got a chance to make an impact when he got the last 30 minutes at tannadice and I cant remember him kicking the ball.

Its hard to judge a player on rare appearances from the bench though, so we'll just have to trust CC on this one.

greenlex
05-02-2011, 08:00 PM
I just feel he has to give more youth the chance if they keep producing players like hanlon,booth,wotherspoon why not and they must have all played alongside each other in the 19s.
Byrne will get his chance. When is you...........errr..........his contract up?

Stantons Angel
05-02-2011, 08:01 PM
I agree that Kurtis should get a chance, even though he is young he will give everything to get known in a Hibs jerssey.

To compare him to Nish just aint fair, they are two different kinds of player.
Calderwood will be well versed in what Kurtis can or cant do and he will see this for himself in the bounce games or at the training.

Im sure us Hibs supporters would give more patience and support to the youngsters than they gave to a few of our senior players. He WILL get his chance and he WILL take it and when he does I hope the Hibs supporters get right behind him and give him the support and confirdence he will need against the big bullies that will surely try and clatter him as he goes past them....

Good Luck Kurtis your day will come!

silverback89
05-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Byrne will get his chance. When is you...........errr..........his contract up?

My contract sorry his contract haha is up in the summer.

Reaper
05-02-2011, 08:07 PM
I think he'll get his chance but he's obviously not ready. Surely two managers can't be wrong??? Or one manager and yogi

greenlex
05-02-2011, 08:29 PM
My contract sorry his contract haha is up in the summer.
He will get a chance once we are safe. We wont make top six so when the threat of going down has been lifted we might see a bit more of him. I think it might be fair to say that if he was showing it in training he would be in the squad on a match day.
I watched him in the u19 winning sides/ reserves fairly regularly and I thought he was ready to feature in the first team squad then. He has either not progressed or gone backwards. Pity about not getting reserve team football regularly but he will probably not be the only one suffering from that.
Its a wait and see from me but if he was going to do it he would have done it by now and I would suggest he would have had a decent long term contract slapped in front of him by now.

Good luck either way.:greengrin

PeterboroHibee
05-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Hes totally unproven at this level, so on the bench is probably about right at the moment. Keep bringing him on in games, get him used to the SPL and hopefully he will be another good player brought through from the youth system.

Ideally Id like to see him go out on loan again at some point where he will be playing week in week out, but a sub is good enough for an unproven youngster

WindyMiller
05-02-2011, 09:03 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hibernian/5252038/Scottish-Youth-Cup-hero-Kurtis-Byrne-may-quit-Hibs-warns-father.html
:greengrin

km2007
08-02-2011, 06:21 PM
I think Kurtis should be getting a chance!

He went out on loan, scored goals and now isnt really getting a chance... wouldn't do any harm putting him out there? If he bags a couple of goals even better.

We've got some talented youths that should be getting a shot!:thumbsup:

CropleyWasGod
08-02-2011, 06:22 PM
I think Kurtis should be getting a chance!

He went out on loan, scored goals and now isnt really getting a chance... wouldn't do any harm putting him out there? If he bags a couple of goals even better.

We've got some talented youths that should be getting a shot!:thumbsup:

Oh, he has a sister, too.....:greengrin

bingo70
08-02-2011, 06:29 PM
The way that young strikers get there chance is by coming on for the last 10-15 minutes or so, during that time when defences are getting tired he's got to make an impression and in the games i've seen him get these chances i don't think i remember him touching the ball let alone come close to scoring.

Hopefully i'm wrong but i can't see the guy making it at hibs.

Andy74
08-02-2011, 07:02 PM
The way that young strikers get there chance is by coming on for the last 10-15 minutes or so, during that time when defences are getting tired he's got to make an impression and in the games i've seen him get these chances i don't think i remember him touching the ball let alone come close to scoring.

Hopefully i'm wrong but i can't see the guy making it at hibs.

Bingo Bingo.

Hibeescott
08-02-2011, 07:35 PM
My first point is that I find it funny that many Hibs fans are calling for Kurtis to play when they have more than likely never seen him play a full match. Apologies for those who have seen him play for the 19s, but I would think we are in the minority.

Having seen Kurtis play often in the 19s double winning team, he is a good player yes. However, he wasnt the best player in the team. IMO, wotherspoon stood out more, as did booth, as did sean welsh and Ewan Moyes. Kurtis grabbed all the headlines though because he scored the goals that won us both the league and cup final. He actually didn't score a huge amount of goals in that season.

So while I feel that he should be given a chance in time, I think many people are basing their thoughts on the headlines rather than having seen him play.

hfc rd
08-02-2011, 10:14 PM
I think Kurtis Byrne will get more of a chance next season. So far he has been getting the odd appearance for the last 5 mins but I am sure he has potential and will be given a few more games next season.

WindyMiller
08-02-2011, 10:37 PM
My first point is that I find it funny that many Hibs fans are calling for Kurtis to play when they have more than likely never seen him play a full match. Apologies for those who have seen him play for the 19s, but I would think we are in the minority.

Having seen Kurtis play often in the 19s double winning team, he is a good player yes. However, he wasnt the best player in the team. IMO, wotherspoon stood out more, as did booth, as did sean welsh and Ewan Moyes. Kurtis grabbed all the headlines though because he scored the goals that won us both the league and cup final. He actually didn't score a huge amount of goals in that season.

So while I feel that he should be given a chance in time, I think many people are basing their thoughts on the headlines rather than having seen him play.

:top marks
I haven't seen Moyes since he went out on loan, but I had high hopes for him. I suppose we'll find out this Summer if he's staying or not.

smurf
09-02-2011, 04:45 AM
Not seen enough to comment really but of what I have I'm not greatly encouraged...

ancienthibby
09-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Is KB the new Damon Gray??

Latter was primed for great things, went on loan to Partick Thistle, on to Sweden and disappeared off the radar. (Think he's now been brought back by Berwick maybe??)

Seems like KB's career slid a bit after wee Robbo joined East Fife and he became more of a sub than a starter.

Hibeescott
09-02-2011, 06:31 PM
:top marks
I haven't seen Moyes since he went out on loan, but I had high hopes for him. I suppose we'll find out this Summer if he's staying or not.

Neither have I. I thought he was excellent in the double winning 19s season but not heard anything about his progress since coming back from his loan spell.