PDA

View Full Version : For all those who thought Hughes should have been sacked after the 6-6 game ...

lapsedhibee
05-02-2011, 06:39 PM
... should Wenger do the decent thing and just walk now? :dunno:

greenlex
05-02-2011, 06:40 PM
:agree: It wasnt the players fault it was his. :greengrin

Reaper
05-02-2011, 06:43 PM
No danger he'll walk or get sacked but a disastrous result. Diaby should get the boot for sheer stupidity. Points to the reasons why they'll not win the league mind. Too soft. Reminds of I team I know :greengrin

hibsbollah
05-02-2011, 06:44 PM
I think comparing John Hughes and Arsene Wenger is....

nope sorry, I can't even think of a parallel:lips seal

Hibernia Na Eir
05-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Quite happy with this result to be honest :-) arsenal, always the bridesmaid

Pedantic_Hibee
05-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Fitba' folk ken what's gone oan.

Hamish
05-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Wenger won't have seen it, so it doesn't really count.

IWasThere2016
05-02-2011, 07:01 PM

The boys gave it a right good go!

down-the-slope
05-02-2011, 07:12 PM
wonder how many Geordies had left before HT :tee hee:

hibbill2002
05-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Why? they're now a point closer to Man Utd

Keith_M
05-02-2011, 07:35 PM

:rotflmao:

Aye, that's right, because it's just the same. Arsenal now look EXACTLY like that bunch of losers last season. A single game totally confirms it, he should walk now!

Kaiser1962
05-02-2011, 07:39 PM

If Yogi had had umpteen years of success and a reputation for building fast, flowing football teams, as well as shrewdly finding, identifying and developing players bettered only by Ferguson himself, before the 6-6 I am pretty sure no-one would have wanted him to go either.

lapsedhibee
05-02-2011, 07:45 PM
I think comparing John Hughes and Arsene Wenger is....

nope sorry, I can't even think of a parallel:lips seal

Are you saying they're like two completely dissimilar things in a pod?

johnrebus

Just back from St James Park and the answer is about two or three hundred I reckon........,

One of the best games I have ever seen. More entertainment in ninety minutes than a whole season in the SPL.

Arsenal - albeit at a lesser level obviously - remind me of another team a bit closer to home......,

Sublime one moment, bottle merchants and kids stuff the next.

:not worth

500miles
Further proof Arsenal are just the Hibernian of the South. :greengrin

lapsedhibee
05-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Why? they're now a point closer to Man Utd

Weren't we a point closer to whoever was above us when we drew 6-6 then? :dunno:

Beefster
05-02-2011, 07:49 PM

Hughes lost the six games before the 6-6 game and had only won twice in the previous 16 games.

Wenger has won the last six games before the 4-4 draw and only lost twice in the previous 17 games.

It's like comparing fillet steak with bull testicles.

hibbill2002
05-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Weren't we a point closer to whoever was above us when we drew 6-6 then? :dunno:
only if that team got beat.:na na:

crewetollhibee
05-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Are you saying they're like two completely dissimilar things in a pod?
:top marks You can always rely on suitable a quote from Edmund !!!

lapsedhibee
05-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Hughes lost the six games before the 6-6 game and had only won twice in the previous 16 games.

Wenger has won the last six games before the 4-4 draw and only lost twice in the previous 17 games.

Calls for his head at that time all the more surprising, then, when he managed to halt such a poor run of results by sending out a team that scored 6 away from home!

johnrebus
05-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Calls for his head at that time all the more surprising, then, when he managed to halt such a poor run of results by sending out a team that scored 6 away from home!

Alright Yogi?

Hope you get job soon.

:greengrin

Beefster
05-02-2011, 08:09 PM

True. Snatching an soul-destroying draw from the jaws of an exhilarating win is always a good way to halt a bad run. Even if they hadn't missed that penalty, we got to cheer six goals so who'd have cared!

Phil D. Rolls
06-02-2011, 07:29 AM
Hibs.net in irony bypass sensation - we need tae soart this owt.

moggie
06-02-2011, 07:35 AM
Im sure wenger will manage to pull a rabbit oot the hat.

coco22
06-02-2011, 08:04 AM

i know its not completely related to OP but did anybody hear yogi call himself a 'genius' on the radio last sunday when hibs points tally this season was compared with this his good run in charge? the guy must have forgotten his massive contribution to our current situation. nob

Bostonhibby
06-02-2011, 08:25 AM

Problem is you have mentioned the "decent" thing, the man doesn't have it in him, the lack of character and ill discipline that costs them so often with daft sending off's and unexpected beatings against harder sides, flows from the top.

Just listened to him saying Diaby's reaction was because he was "nervous" .Still at least that means whinger must have seen it. In one respect at least he is the Yogi of the South and maybe wants to think about how daft what he is planning to say might sound before he says it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-02-2011, 09:22 AM

Wasnae just one match folk wanted Hughes emptied for. Time to let it go methinks!

Ritchie
06-02-2011, 09:45 AM
Just back from St James Park and the answer is about two or three hundred I reckon........,

One of the best games I have ever seen. More entertainment in ninety minutes than a whole season in the SPL.

Arsenal - albeit at a lesser level obviously - remind me of another team a bit closer to home......,

Sublime one moment, bottle merchants and kids stuff the next.

:not worth

Do you go to st James park regularly?

Me n my mate were discussing the possibility of getting season tickets at st James park next season.

We are both fed up of the SPL and would like to take a year out

magpie1892
06-02-2011, 10:19 AM

I only got back to the UK on Thursday night so a mate still had my ST but apparently about 250 left before half-time.

magpie1892
06-02-2011, 10:20 AM

Me n my mate were discussing the possibility of getting season tickets at st James park next season.

I've had a season ticket at SJP for 20 years. PM me if there's something you need to know.

Woody1985
06-02-2011, 12:46 PM
StevieC on here has/had one and drives down I think. Might be a good contact for travel arrangements, parking etc.

Hibercelona
06-02-2011, 01:35 PM
What a fantastic game of football that was! :agree:

That final goal on its own deserves to win any football match, never mind a draw. :agree:

johnrebus
06-02-2011, 02:38 PM

Never been to St James Park before, but will definately be back.

Ninety minutes in the train from Waverley - tickets are pretty reasonable if you buy in advance - and then a ten minute walk to a stadium that knocks everything in Scotland into a cocked hat.

You did'nt really get the atmosphere on TV last night, when the second penalty went in for 3-4 and the roof was practically coming off for the equaliser.

If you don't want a season ticket, watch the website for ticket sales. Online sales start about three weeks before any particular match.

Phil D. Rolls
06-02-2011, 03:10 PM
I wonder, with our game in decline, how many more people will start making regular trips south to see the Premiership. I have no interest in supporting another team, but - taking the likes of Blackpool, or Wigan as examples - we are a short drive away from seeing some of the best footballers in the world.

Iggy Pope
06-02-2011, 03:10 PM

Sounds great.
There must be lots of Newcastle United forums about to discuss why you'd rather be watching them than the Hibs though

johnrebus
06-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Sounds great.
There must be lots of Newcastle United forums about to discuss why you'd rather be watching them than the Hibs though

I've watched Hibs for over forty years and will be a Hibs fan till the day I die.

Wanting to occassionally watch a game of a higher quality to that of the turgid SPL, is not - IMHO - a crime.

PS

It was Arsenal I went to see, not Newcastle United.

Iggy Pope
06-02-2011, 03:22 PM
I've watched Hibs for over forty years and will be a Hibs fan till the day I die.

Wanting to occassionally watch a game of a higher quality to that of the turgid SPL, is not - IMHO - a crime.

PS

It was Arsenal I went to see, not Newcastle United.

Amen to all that. Buying a season ticket at Newcastle (which is what the quoted post from another poster related to) would certainly rule out being a Hibs fan 'until the day you die' though?

Removed
06-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Amen to all that. Buying a season ticket at Newcastle (which is what the quoted post from another poster related to) would certainly rule out being a Hibs fan 'until the day you die' though?

I know folk who have STs at both ER and a premiership team who would disagree with that. They just have to make more (hard) choices.

Iggy Pope
06-02-2011, 03:35 PM
I know folk who have STs at both ER and a premiership team who would disagree with that. They just have to make more (hard) choices.

Don't think their argument would hold much water then.

number 27
07-02-2011, 08:44 AM
I was at the game and it was a great day out. I must say I still dont buy into all The Premiership hype though.
It was entertaining but are all EPL games that good?-no
Was it more entertaining for a neutral than 6-6 at 'well?-dont think so.
Was the quality so much better?-Arsenal's attacking in first 45 was fantastic but the defending by both teams would be considered poor in SPL.
Atmosphere?-Arsenal fans sang non stop for 60 mins, finally heard Newcastlle fans after 75 mins, I think most supporters could make a bit of noise under the circumstances of the game.
So,yes it was good but was it more enjoyable than hibs last wednesday?-not for me.
Would I abandon my team to go down there regularly?-no chance.

P.S it was 35 quid for a ticket but you can get a beer at the game.

number 27
07-02-2011, 08:49 AM
I forgot to mention the ref :rolleyes: We all complain in Scotland but that guy was awful.

easty
07-02-2011, 08:51 AM
I forgot to mention the ref :rolleyes: We all complain in Scotland but that guy was awful.

For me, the only thing he got wrong was not sending off Fabregas just for being a complete "peach"/"car"...(for Albanian translation see last nights Top Gear) :greengrin

number 27
07-02-2011, 09:04 AM
For me, the only thing he got wrong was not sending off Fabregas just for being a complete "peach"/"car"...(for Albanian translation see last nights Top Gear) :greengrin

Imo he lost the plot and started to let the players ref the game. At one point he let Wilshere bully him into booking a Newcastle player and yet Nolan, Barton and Fabregas seemed to be immune to any kind of punishments.

J-C
07-02-2011, 09:24 AM

My lad's got season tickets at ER and Old Trafford( only £650 ), he gets the Man U, Edin supporters bus down to the games, gets picked up near by pass, £15 return.

hibsbollah
08-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Never been to St James Park before, but will definately be back.

Ninety minutes in the train from Waverley - tickets are pretty reasonable if you buy in advance - and then a ten minute walk to a stadium that knocks everything in Scotland into a cocked hat.

You did'nt really get the atmosphere on TV last night, when the second penalty went in for 3-4 and the roof was practically coming off for the equaliser.

If you don't want a season ticket, watch the website for ticket sales. Online sales start about three weeks before any particular match.

I lived in Newcastle for 15 years until very recentlyand I went to SJP with friends on and off throughout that time. These days, in comparison with the early/mid 90s, unless theyre playing against Man U, Sunderland, or unless theyres plenty of goals flying in, the atmosphere is pretty poor. Its got a lot better since the singing section started up in the gods season before last, but if youre not up there, the 'mental Geordies' myth is just that, a myth. It can be like a massive, quiet, concrete tomb at times.

I think Scottish football fans suffer from a 'grass is greener' mentality when it comes to English football sometimes. Hardly surprising given the hype generated by Sky and their media partners.

Removed
09-02-2011, 06:33 AM
My lad's got season tickets at ER and Old Trafford( only £650 ), he gets the Man U, Edin supporters bus down to the games, gets picked up near by pass, £15 return.

And will he consider himself a Hibs fan till the day he dies?

J-C
09-02-2011, 08:33 AM
And will he consider himself a Hibs fan till the day he dies?

Always a Hibby..............had the chance of the Man U season ticket, looked at his finances and decided to go for it, he's always been a Mun U fan also so getting the best of both worlds.