PDA

View Full Version : Hogg scores for caley

HFC07
05-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Unbelievable the man has hardly scored a goal for Hibs, he plays one game for caley and gets on the score sheet. Even bamba is playing well now he is away.

Saorsa
05-02-2011, 03:32 PM
It's his defending that worried me. He may have scored one, how many will he sell though?

Jim44
05-02-2011, 03:44 PM
To be fair to Hogg, his his poor run had a lot to do with the general malaise of the team and he was far from the only one who was going through a hard time. The guy is now out of the Easter Road nightmare and will probablydo a job for ICT in a more relaxed environment.

ScottB
05-02-2011, 03:50 PM
To be fair to Hogg, his his poor run had a lot to do with the general malaise of the team and he was far from the only one who was going through a hard time. The guy is now out of the Easter Road nightmare and will probablydo a job for ICT in a more relaxed environment.

Yup, he was good for us far more often than he wasn't, not having a consistent partner like he had with Jones, a loss form, being handed the captaincy at the wrong time and having fans on his back at every opportunity was the end for him with us, but he will be a solid player for Caley make no mistake.

SRHibs
05-02-2011, 03:52 PM
Let's not forget that this is the guy that won POTY for us not so long ago. There's a half-decent player there, but his confidence was shot with us, so I think him leaving was probably the best for both parties.

Matty_Jack04
05-02-2011, 03:53 PM
Good on him, hope he does well just not against us

Reaper
05-02-2011, 03:58 PM

here here

hibee
05-02-2011, 04:10 PM

Me too, he had a bad run at the end along with everyone else but he deserves to do well

Billy Whizz
05-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Me too, he had a bad run at the end along with everyone else but he deserves to do well

But not next Saturday

Removed
05-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Have we not had an "all the best Hogg" thread already?

CallumLaidlaw
05-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Unbelievable the man has hardly scored a goal for Hibs, he plays one game for caley and gets on the score sheet. Even bamba is playing well now he is away.

:faf: Bamba is playing just the same as he did for Hibs

RickyS
05-02-2011, 04:16 PM

he will have the last laugh in the games up there, thats for sure. what is it, 2 goals and 1 point in 5 years?

NaeTechnoHibby
05-02-2011, 04:19 PM

Never hid or shirked and actually showed his passion when we were bad, okay some fans didnae like it, but at least he had the bools to stand up to the boo-boys... its called passion and the lad had it and I wish him well :agree:

I think I read he actually started his career as a striker :dunno:

After the Well game when he scored two headed goals I wished we had tried to use him further upfield ... but ho hum...our loss is Caley's gain :violin:

Jim44
05-02-2011, 05:17 PM
I wonder if Hogg will have a quiet word in Rooney's ear at some point and dissuade him from heading ER way. :greengrin.

Edinburgh Green
05-02-2011, 05:39 PM
he will have the last laugh in the games up there, thats for sure. what is it, 2 goals and 1 point in 5 years?
Pretty sure he was in most of hibs line ups that lost up there so frequently.

hibeeleicester
05-02-2011, 05:42 PM
Always thought this guy would get a testimonial at Hibs. He was a good player, with the right attitude and not a bad word to say about the club. Shame the team let him down.

500miles
05-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Always thought this guy would get a testimonial at Hibs. He was a good player, with the right attitude and not a bad word to say about the club. Shame the team let him down.

Shame the fans had such short memories with him.

scoopyboy
05-02-2011, 06:18 PM
But not next Saturday

Why?

We play Killie, Don't know who ICT play.

greenlex
05-02-2011, 06:20 PM
Its amazing what a couple of fish suppers at Auchterarder can do. Mon the Fish :flag:

tamig
05-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Yup, he was good for us far more often than he wasn't, not having a consistent partner like he had with Jones, a loss form, being handed the captaincy at the wrong time and having fans on his back at every opportunity was the end for him with us, but he will be a solid player for Caley make no mistake.

Agree totally. And good luck to the boy. A top professional who I'm sure will do well there.

erskine-hibby
05-02-2011, 08:17 PM
:agree::agree:

Wish him well.

down-the-slope
05-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Always liked hoggy for his attitude and a good level of performance in the early years...crap keepers and revolving partners / no defensive midfielder latterly made him look poorer than he is...

He will do well up there...would be ironic if he added SC medal to his CIS one (which no amount of historical revision can take away from him)

The Harp
05-02-2011, 11:19 PM
Good to see Hoggy settle in well, score a debut goal, get awarded Man of the Match ... and then promptly let the Morton guy in to grab a consolation. :rolleyes: Looks like he'll carry on doing what he did wi' us.
Hope the move does him good.

davym7062
06-02-2011, 01:21 AM
lets hope he plays as well for ICT as he did for hibs. MURDER

Craig_HFC
06-02-2011, 01:26 AM
Shame the fans had such short memories with him.

Precisely.

YetholmHibee
06-02-2011, 01:28 AM
Hogg maybe scored a goal but from the highlights of the game, his defending was poor.

Just backs up the reason why Hibs released him . . . . same for Bamba too!

:agree:

Pete
06-02-2011, 01:46 AM
Hogg maybe scored a goal but from the highlights of the game, his defending was poor.

Just backs up the reason why Hibs released him . . . . same for Bamba too!

It was his Caley debut so I reckon he can't be judged wether he scores or defends poorly.

It's a nonsense to say this boy can't defend. This is the guy who held his own against the giant target men of the scottish game when he first came here. He seemed to outjump them regularly and win balls that he had no right to. He also used to be calm, collected and knew what to do with the ball when it was at his feet.

He's went downhill rapidly and there's two explainations. He's either peaked too early and somehow "grown out" of being the player he was or he's a confidence player who doesn't do well whenever certain situations are negative.

I know which one I think applies.

Toaods
06-02-2011, 07:53 AM
He was freed....says it all.

moggie
06-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Is this the same Hogg who used to have to let the ball bounce before heading it?:rolleyes:

TrinityHibs
06-02-2011, 08:24 AM

Still third top scorer for Hibs this year. Goals per game maybe even top. Statistics huh!!

Judas Iscariot
06-02-2011, 08:53 AM
He's pish

blackpoolhibs
06-02-2011, 08:55 AM
He's a free agent in the summer, lets get him on a pre contract. We didn't get Webster, surely he's the next best thing?:whistle:

Toaods
06-02-2011, 09:22 AM
He's a free agent in the summer, lets get him on a pre contract. We didn't get Webster, surely he's the next best thing?:whistle:

Webster's fresher...:greengrin

hibee_always
06-02-2011, 01:19 PM
He was freed....says it all.

Word has it he was offered a new contract but wouldnt sign it..

Removed
06-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Word has it he was offered a new contract but wouldnt sign it..

Not what I heard and we both can't be right.

Dunbar Hibee
06-02-2011, 01:29 PM
Some nasty comments on this thread, Hogg may not have always been fantastic with us but he was a real professional and tried his heart out every game. I personally wish him all the best and hope he does well at ICT.

head the ball
06-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Hogg man of the match http://www.caleyjags.com/pa/g/g.htm

Ed De Gramo
06-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Never hid or shirked and actually showed his passion when we were bad, okay some fans didnae like it, but at least he had the bools to stand up to the boo-boys... its called passion and the lad had it and I wish him well :agree:

I think I read he actually started his career as a striker :dunno:

After the Well game when he scored two headed goals I wished we had tried to use him further upfield ... but ho hum...our loss is Caley's gain :violin:

Killie game :wink::greengrin

Judas Iscariot
06-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Some nasty comments on this thread, Hogg may not have always been fantastic with us but he was a real professional and tried his heart out every game. I personally wish him all the best and hope he does well at ICT.

Sometimes the truth can hurt/be nasty..

Removed
06-02-2011, 03:26 PM

It's in the way it's said though

Iggy Pope
06-02-2011, 03:38 PM
To be fair to Hoggy, he must still bear someting of a grudge against Morton though..........................

Dunbar Hibee
06-02-2011, 03:40 PM

Whats the point in slagging him off when he's moved to a new club? He has made a good start at ICT and hope he continues.

Iggy Pope
06-02-2011, 03:42 PM
Whats the point in slagging him off when he's moved to a new club? He has made a good start at ICT and hope he continues.

Seen the Scott Brown thread?

hibee_girl
06-02-2011, 03:42 PM

:top marks

Ed De Gramo
06-02-2011, 04:15 PM

:top marks:top marks

Well said!

Pretty Boy
06-02-2011, 07:50 PM

Spot on.

People can say what they like about Hogg but he was a Hibs POTY, he has a cup winners medal in his pocket from his time at the club (not too many of our ex players can say that) and he always gave 100% and was a true professional.

He had a fantastic attitude and i'm sure that was a big part in him being made captain (although it was the wrong decision). People forget there was a spell when he was playing very, very well for us. His form dipped big time around about the time he tried to play through a concussion after a pretty serious head knock (who's going to be first to accuse him of a lack of commitment?). His confidence never really recovered after the poor spell but he still cared, still gave 100% and i wish him all the best.

If people don't rate him then fine -your opinion- but to brand him 'pish' or talk the guy down isn't really necessary and a bit out of order IMO.

Billy Whizz
06-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Why?

We play Killie, Don't know who ICT play.

Sorry, got my fixtures mixed up!!

Toaods
06-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Dave Beaumont has a medal too.

500miles
06-02-2011, 09:44 PM
In his time at Hibs, he has a CIS cup winners medal, played in Europe for us on 2 seperate occassions, captaining us to Europe on the second, and a POTY award. Furthermore he and Jones formed the most miserly defensive partnership in the SPL (outside the OF) under Mixu, and he and Bamba were central to our best defensive run in decades.

Before when he left, he was low on confidence after a prolonged period of niggling injury and poor form, and the boo boys couldn't wait to destroy him. I hope he does very well at Caley, and if he scored against us, he would have every right to gloat.

OtterHibee
06-02-2011, 10:56 PM

Spot on.

People can say what they like about Hogg but he was a Hibs POTY, he has a cup winners medal in his pocket from his time at the club (not too many of our ex players can say that) and he always gave 100% and was a true professional.

He had a fantastic attitude and i'm sure that was a big part in him being made captain (although it was the wrong decision). People forget there was a spell when he was playing very, very well for us. His form dipped big time around about the time he tried to play through a concussion after a pretty serious head knock (who's going to be first to accuse him of a lack of commitment?). His confidence never really recovered after the poor spell but he still cared, still gave 100% and i wish him all the best.

If people don't rate him then fine -your opinion- but to brand him 'pish' or talk the guy down isn't really necessary and a bit out of order IMO.

In his time at Hibs, he has a CIS cup winners medal, played in Europe for us on 2 seperate occassions, captaining us to Europe on the second, and a POTY award. Furthermore he and Jones formed the most miserly defensive partnership in the SPL (outside the OF) under Mixu, and he and Bamba were central to our best defensive run in decades.

Before when he left, he was low on confidence after a prolonged period of niggling injury and poor form, and the boo boys couldn't wait to destroy him. I hope he does very well at Caley, and if he scored against us, he would have every right to gloat.

:top marks :top marks :top marks

Really chuffed for Chris. I wish him all the luck in the world and will continue to follow his career closely. I'm convinced that in Terry Butcher, he has a manager he will thrive under. A gentleman, a fantastic professional, and a far better player than many are willing to give him credit for. He'll do absolutely fine for Inverness.

RIP
07-02-2011, 10:43 AM
Chris Hogg

Part of a great defensive partnership with Rob Jones who were the best defensive paring outwith the SPL in their day. Put up with some very shakey goalies and no midfield until recently

Still a young bloke - wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in Glasgow or the Championship one day

Best of luck Chris

MacBean
07-02-2011, 03:52 PM

Shrekko
07-02-2011, 05:11 PM
He's pish

Sums up the pathetic world we live in these days. Cheap, no clever and nae need.

Whatever anyone thinks of his later form or him as a player in general,he deserves a wee bit more respect than he's getting from some on here. The reasons have already been stated.

Holmesdale Hibs
07-02-2011, 09:09 PM
Great professional and by most accounts a really decent guy. He'll make the perfect captain for a lower division team where he's good enough to start every week. I wish him all the best.

.Sean.
07-02-2011, 09:33 PM
Excellent post B :agree: