PDA

View Full Version : NHC Glenn Hoddles academy

steviecarnie
05-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Just been on Football Focus, saying he'd love to link up with a club in England, but what about a tie in with us, send our youngsters away for coaching with a bonified legend, and also get first pick on some of the talent that will unearthed.

GreenCastle
05-02-2011, 12:02 PM
Is the former Hibs player Fergus Bell still there ?

http://www.glennhoddleacademy.com/fergus_bell_signs_up_with_gha.html

ScottB
05-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Just been on Football Focus, saying he'd love to link up with a club in England, but what about a tie in with us, send our youngsters away for coaching with a bonified legend, and also get first pick on some of the talent that will unearthed.

He's doing some good work but let's not get carried away, the guy has some more than questionable beliefs.

I'd rather our best youngsters remained with us rather than playing in the Spanish Fourth Division, but it's a great idea for guys who fall out the game.

GreenCastle
05-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Don't forger Rix is out there coaching :jamboak:

E.T. is a Hibee
05-02-2011, 12:09 PM

Did anyone spot Graham Rix sittin on a Subs bench?

:faf::faf:

steviecarnie
05-02-2011, 12:21 PM
He's doing some good work but let's not get carried away, the guy has some more than questionable beliefs.

I'd rather our best youngsters remained with us rather than playing in the Spanish Fourth Division, but it's a great idea for guys who fall out the game.

sorry, i didn't mean go out and play, just a few weeks out there maybe in the summer to go out and learn from him and his coaches, and as said u never know there might be a gem.

didnt know rix was there eeek

E.T. is a Hibee
05-02-2011, 12:27 PM
sorry, i didn't mean go out and play, just a few weeks out there maybe in the summer to go out and learn from him and his coaches, and as said u never know there might be a gem.

didnt know rix was there eeek

When the camara panned on him, he got a fright!

hibsbollah
05-02-2011, 12:29 PM
I trust it does some good work for disabled sport as well. :rolleyes:

Reaper
05-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Whatever happened to ur link with Chavski? When collins was there did he not set up some sort of link with them to get the best from youngsters for the benefit of both parties?

ScottB
05-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Whatever happened to ur link with Chavski? When collins was there did he not set up some sort of link with them to get the best from youngsters for the benefit of both parties?

Never happened. I believe it offered us little and them the chance to knick our players on the cheap.

Sir David Gray
05-02-2011, 01:11 PM
I'd hope Hibs have absolutely nothing to do with that man.

Toaods
05-02-2011, 01:13 PM
Rix is just there to put an ARM around the young lads who've lost their way.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-02-2011, 02:24 PM
That was a decent story about the young lad who had been attached to Liverpool for 10 years or so before being told he was not good enough. They released him but stumped up the dosh to send him t this academy thing.

frazeHFC
05-02-2011, 04:28 PM
Never saw Rix there, i have totally lost my admiration GHA now. :faf: In all honesty though, Hoddle is doing a great job there.

oconnors_strip
07-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Is the former Hibs player Fergus Bell still there ?

http://www.glennhoddleacademy.com/fergus_bell_signs_up_with_gha.html

fergie is hoping to sign for barnsley this week

truehibernian
07-02-2011, 09:25 PM
fergie is hoping to sign for barnsley this week

That's good news Nikki.

Any word on how Paddy Deane is getting on ? Last I heard he was on trial with Cork City but don't know how that went ??

Pretty Boy
07-02-2011, 09:37 PM
I'd hope Hibs have absolutely nothing to do with that man.

:agree:

As someone who has 2 family members with what would be described as severe disabilities i won't forgive or forget his comments in a hurry.

I'm sure his work with his academy is very well intentioned but i'd rather Hibs had nothing to do with him.

Ed De Gramo
07-02-2011, 09:43 PM
That's good news Nikki.

Any word on how Paddy Deane is getting on ? Last I heard he was on trial with Cork City but don't know how that went ??

I heard Deane was with Arbroath

Pretty Boy
07-02-2011, 09:45 PM

:agree: He is, as is Ross Chisholm.

Was speaking to them at World of Football along with Andy McNeill (whos now part time with Raith Rovers) a few weeks back.

truehibernian
07-02-2011, 09:47 PM

Good stuff gramo......I thought he was on trial over in Ireland. I will need to watch for the red lichties results then....cheers mate