PDA

View Full Version : Fertz "friends" on Facebook? Is it acceptable?

E.T. is a Hibee
05-02-2011, 09:55 AM
I have recently accepted a good friend who is a dillousional Fertz fan on Facebook however I have just woke up to see all his smelly Fertz pals and him spraffing their pash. Now I like to think that I am a tolerant person and that I should just calm down and let it be however I hate them all so much that I want to delete him from my list.

My question is how many of us have a similar problem or is it just me and I should take him off?

joe breezy
05-02-2011, 10:07 AM
I have a few herts facebook friends bit it's just 3 or 4 v about 80 hibbies. 3 of the herts are quite vocal when they win etc but it's just banter and I've been the same about them when they have their problems.
I did delete one jambo recently cos I hardly knew the guy, went to the same school apparently. He commented on nearly every one of my updates, I found it weird. Then when one of his updates was 'oh the hibees are gay' with a *****y White stripes video it gave me a good excuse to delete him.

Albanian Hibs
05-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Just the other week, I went through my facebook friends lists and decided to delete all the jambos from it :greengrin Couldn't be arsed with some of their recent comments, especially ones that didn't even go to matches.

Sylar
05-02-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm good friends with a guy who PLAYS for them - how unacceptable is this deemed to be? :greengrin

iwasthere1972
05-02-2011, 11:38 AM
Just the other week, I went through my facebook friends lists and decided to delete all the jambos from it :greengrin Couldn't be arsed with some of their recent comments, especially ones that didn't even go to matches.

:greengrin :aok:

Jambos should have their own site. Twofacebook.

Simples.

7Hero
05-02-2011, 11:52 AM
i used to delete now i just block them, thus they still think i l see there drivel

Randerson_4
05-02-2011, 11:53 AM
I'm sorry but this is a pathetic thread. I tend to judge my Facebook friends by what they are like, not the team they support. A bit immature to delete them for that tbh

My brother & at least 40 ffriends are jambos

CropleyWasGod
05-02-2011, 11:54 AM
I'm sorry but this is a pathetic thread. I tend to judge my Facebook friends by what they are like, not the team they support. A bit immature to delete them for that tbh

:rolleyes:

E.T. is a Hibee
05-02-2011, 12:02 PM

Listen Ploppy Pants I aint imature, just vote will ya!:greengrin

E.T. is a Hibee
05-02-2011, 12:04 PM
I'm good friends with a guy who PLAYS for them - how unacceptable is this deemed to be? :greengrin

You deserve an OBE!

Removed
05-02-2011, 12:10 PM

Your brother :confused: and FORTY friends. :wtf:

Bayern Bru
05-02-2011, 12:45 PM
I have, I think, four. Three of them are lovely ladies I was at school with. The fourth is a dribbling idiot who still laps up anything Romanov tells the Hearts fans. I keep him around to educate on a bi-monthly basis about why Hibs are superb and Hearts are not. :greengrin

bingo70
05-02-2011, 12:54 PM
I've got good mates who are jambos but they are a complete pain in the arse on facebook, they get beat and they go into hiding, they win a game and there the greatest team in the world again, at least all my hibby mates on it will genereally take the piss out of ourselves when we're *****, they don't seem to have the same ability to do that.

The other day i put some pish up about how we were gonnae win the league cos we beat st mirren and a couple of jambos thought i was being serious, calling me deluded and how it was only st mirren, they just dinnae seem to get it.

E.T. is a Hibee
05-02-2011, 12:58 PM
I've got good mates who are jambos but they are a complete pain in the arse on facebook, they get beat and they go into hiding, they win a game and there the greatest team in the world again, at least all my hibby mates on it will genereally take the piss out of ourselves when we're *****, they don't seem to have the same ability to do that.

The other day i put some pish up about how we were gonnae win the league cos we beat st mirren and a couple of jambos thought i was being serious, calling me deluded and how it was only st mirren, they just dinnae seem to get it.

Aye that the pain I'm feelin!

See the photo you have of the poor Gers fans and the Dug plus Lidl shopping bag, can you PM it to me? Cheers, no probs if not poss.

Bayern Bru
05-02-2011, 01:10 PM

I get exactly the same from this clown on my Facebook. I honestly would have deleted him if it weren't for the comedy value.

bingo70
05-02-2011, 01:20 PM
I get exactly the same from this clown on my Facebook. I honestly would have deleted him if it weren't for the comedy value.

I wouldnae gee them the satisfaction of deleting them as they'll think they've got to me, in reality i just think there a bunch of fannies when it comes to football, plus i like it when they tell me hibs are ***** and i tell them "i know i've got a season ticket to watch that *****", they don't know how to react as they can't seem to get there head round admitting that maybe there team isn't one of the biggest and best in the world and there just another club like hibs, dundee utd or aberdeen.

tanfield
05-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Did that with one of my "friends". Young guy from my bowling club but his patter was totally gash. Totally obsessed with all things Hibs. He got launched a few weeks ago! :)

iwasthere1972
05-02-2011, 01:43 PM
I had a request from a Hibby to be a friend on facebook. Took one look at his profile and thought **** that. He looked like a proper junkie. Anyone on here? :greengrin

Iggy Pope
05-02-2011, 02:38 PM
I'm sorry but my pathetic brother & at least 40 ffriends are jambos

Fixed that for you.

Nakedmanoncrack
05-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Hide them, you won't have to read their posts, and put them on a restricted list, they won't see anything, or be able to comment on anything of yours. Works fine with all pests including Jambos.:agree:

Supraninja
05-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Do people really make, or rather refuse to make friends (facebook or real life) based on football allegiances? Or has this just gone over my head... One of my best friends is a Hearts fan, as were my last two girlfriends and a lot of other friends. I would probably say I know more Jambos than Hibees...

E.T. is a Hibee
05-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Do people really make, or rather refuse to make friends (facebook or real life) based on football allegiances? Or has this just gone over my head... One of my best friends is a Hearts fan, as were my last two girlfriends and a lot of other friends. I would probably say I know more Jambos than Hibees...

:faf::faf::faf:Gee Whizz, stop it man that is just too much! You want to keep all that info to yourself!

Albanian Hibs
05-02-2011, 04:20 PM
Fixed that for you.

:hilarious

Removed
05-02-2011, 05:19 PM
:faf::faf::faf:Gee Whizz, stop it man that is just too much! You want to keep all that info to yourself!

Aye, 1 yam bird is careless, 2 is just downright silly :agree: and knowing more yams than hibees is surely impossible :dunno:

Supraninja
05-02-2011, 06:16 PM
Aye, 1 yam bird is careless, 2 is just downright silly :agree: and knowing more yams than hibees is surely impossible :dunno:

But there are 400,000 of them. I still don't see how people can judge another person based solely on which football team they support.

I admit that I'm new to Hibs, I started going at the beginning of last season, got a half season for the second half, and I have my full season ticket this season. I never saw Steven Fletcher kick a ball and didn't know we won a cup in 06(?). So I don't have any hatred for Hearts, their fans or their players... Maybe I'll develop it one day.

the slope
05-02-2011, 07:33 PM

You know Dave is a jambo don't you :wink:

Dashing Bob S
05-02-2011, 11:54 PM
Having grown up in a yamily, it seems churlish to delete them from a facebook list of 'friends' but that's exactly what I do.

I find them to be a needy, pathetic and exceptionally thick bunch of individuals, if generally harmless. They're not the worst section of society (sex offenders just edge that one, though there's obviously a big crossover between both groups) but they aren't that far off the pace.

**** them.

greenlad
06-02-2011, 08:06 AM
They're not the worst section of society (sex offenders and Huns just edge that one, though there's obviously a big crossover between all three groups) but they aren't that far off the pace.

**** them.

Fixed it for you:wink:

Phil D. Rolls
06-02-2011, 08:18 AM
I have recently accepted a good friend who is a dillousional Fertz fan on Facebook however I have just woke up to see all his smelly Fertz pals and him spraffing their pash. Now I like to think that I am a tolerant person and that I should just calm down and let it be however I hate them all so much that I want to delete him from my list.

My question is how many of us have a similar problem or is it just me and I should take him off?

Beer goggles again ET? :greengrin

StevieC
06-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Friends are friends .. it should take a lot more than a football team or a bit of banter to change that.

As an aside, do they get notification if you delete them? If not, how do you know if you have been deleted?

E.T. is a Hibee
08-02-2011, 07:27 PM
The masses have answered, I'll keep the tool on!