PDA

View Full Version : Sauzee, Sunshine on Hampden, 6-2 and Flair Football

One Day Soon
05-02-2011, 09:29 AM
Just spent a wee while on You Tube watching this stuff and more. Sitting here with a grin like a Cheshire cat and tears in my eyes too. If we don't already we should have a sticky of the best stuff for when times are tough.

Almost anything Le God did on the pitch, Latapy's sixth in that game and of course the spine chilling Sunshine on Leith sung by the 35,000 strong Hibernian choir at Hampden are just best in class.

When you read the comments from fans of other clubs about the Hibernian Family's rendition of Sunshine on Leith you see what a special club this is. As has been said elsewhere - not bigger, just better.

There's only one way to top all that - the Scottish Cup. Until then its a great journey - rain, hail or shine.

Judas Iscariot
05-02-2011, 09:50 AM
:top marks

Great post and great times mate..

Hopefully more of the same at just around the corner :flag:

Badge
05-02-2011, 10:47 AM
Just spent a wee while on You Tube watching this stuff and more. Sitting here with a grin like a Cheshire cat and tears in my eyes too. If we don't already we should have a sticky of the best stuff for when times are tough.

Almost anything Le God did on the pitch, Latapy's sixth in that game and of course the spine chilling Sunshine on Leith sung by the 35,000 strong Hibernian choir at Hampden are just best in class.

When you read the comments from fans of other clubs about the Hibernian Family's rendition of Sunshine on Leith you see what a special club this is. As has been said elsewhere - not bigger, just better.

There's only one way to top all that - the Scottish Cup. Until then its a great journey - rain, hail or shine.

:top marks

Reaper
05-02-2011, 10:56 AM

:thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
05-02-2011, 11:10 AM
I like to relive that great afternoon at Hampden and frequently watch the video. :not worth

Nice to see the great comments from genuine football fans worldwide who can recognise a great club and a truly brilliant anthem. Only spoiled by those jealous ugly barstewards from the other side of the city. Wee cup, wee team. So predictable but what would you expect from morons.

GGTTH.

Calderwood's Green and White Army.

:flag: :flag: :flag:

matty_f
05-02-2011, 11:17 AM
I like to relive that great afternoon at Hampden and frequently watch the video. :not worth

Nice to see the great comments from genuine football fans worldwide who can recognise a great club and a truly brilliant anthem. Only spoiled by those jealous ugly barstewards from the other side of the city. Wee cup, wee team. So predictable but what would you expect from morons.

GGTTH.

Calderwood's Green and White Army.

:flag: :flag: :flag:

:confused: There's absolutely nothing that shower could say or do to take the shine of that day.

iwasthere1972
05-02-2011, 11:20 AM
:confused: There's absolutely nothing that shower could say or do to take the shine of that day.

I agree. Couldn't spoil the day for me either.

MSK
05-02-2011, 11:54 AM
Fantastic & emotional day for me..the conditions were surreal, sun, rain, sleet & snow ..superb goals & a brilliant atmosphere..I still well up when I watch footage of that day..not so much because of the win but more so because of the tears running down the cheeks of my proud Father-in-law when thousands of scarves were raised for a rendition of Sunshine on Leith...

Sadly that was my Father-in-law's lasting memory of a cup win but he chapped on those pearly gates wi Sunshine on Leith playing at his funeral & is probably still giving it laldy now .. :thumbsup:

More of the same please hibs ..:flag: