PDA

View Full Version : Huns in the west stand last season

hibee-shtuggie
05-02-2011, 01:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFZ1Zn5IMUE
I am supposed to be writing an essay right now so I am trawling through youtube videos regarding all things Hibernian. I came across this video from last season's match at ER where rangers won the league. The absolute morons who filmed it are in the west stand celebrating Rangers goal. I heard there were a few of them in there on that occasion but after watching people openly celebrating the goal why were they not ejected. The stewards do nothing, was anyone around this incident?

The Harp Awakes
05-02-2011, 01:33 AM
Shocked that they managed to stay where the were for so long. We had a few in the West Lower that day but they scarpered after celebrating the goal - totally shat themselves when folk rounded on them.

Black Kyle
05-02-2011, 08:59 AM
They were in the black 'corporate' seats in the West Upper and Hibs knowingly sold these tickets to Huns. A few ex-Rangers players were also seated there. My old ST was on the end of the row right next to these seats. The stewards managed it by telling irate Hibbies to sit down. It could have got ugly but didn't.

One guy in a white tracksuit was ejected for a while then allowed back in. I recall a thread on this at the time. Bottom line is that Hibs wanted the seats sold regardless of the possible consequences.

This only served to further educate my kids on the reasons for our dislike of the Bigot Brothers.

Billy Whizz
05-02-2011, 09:04 AM
There were also loads in the Hibs section of the South lower. Remember they kept quiet for the full game and as soon as the Hibs fans left at the end of the game they started to celebrate winning the league.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-02-2011, 09:17 AM
Shame there is no footage of when the won the league at ER the year that we finished 3rd under Mowbray. When they scored, it was obvious that the FF corporate was full of huns. Then loads of boys stood on the window sills to block their view. Priceless

Gala Foxes
05-02-2011, 10:31 AM
I took my mate & his son, who are both Rangers supporters to the lower West, no problems, they sat quietly & watched the game, as they have done all the other times I have take them to Easter Road, and as they did 2 weeks ago.

I have also taken Motherwell & Aberdeen supporters to the lower West

Its not an issue if you are taking sensible people who just want to enjoy the game - how it should be

Toaods
05-02-2011, 10:48 AM
HOME SUPPORT ONLY....says it on the ticket.

steviecarnie
05-02-2011, 10:51 AM

money's money tho, and every little helps! whats the difference from him taking his friends, and someone having a mate up from say england who has no interest in hibs going?

Reaper
05-02-2011, 10:54 AM
Shame there is no footage of when the won the league at ER the year that we finished 3rd under Mowbray. When they scored, it was obvious that the FF corporate was full of huns. Then loads of boys stood on the window sills to block their view. Priceless

I remember it. Class.

TrinityHibs
05-02-2011, 10:55 AM

I remember that I was in the north end of the east stand when aload of Hibbies lined up against the windows. I actually have a ropey video of His celebrating that day but got no idea how you get it on line

Jamesie
05-02-2011, 11:12 AM

I think only a major police presence that day prevented a riot. Don't think I'll ever forget a Union Jack being laid out in the centre circle and Huns kneeling to kiss it while the East Stand went beserk.

Gala Foxes
05-02-2011, 04:04 PM

fair enough if you have friends/mates that can't behave, never had a problem taking decent people that are football supporters and will continue to do so

Carheenlea
05-02-2011, 05:18 PM
I took my mate & his son, who are both Rangers supporters to the lower West, no problems, they sat quietly & watched the game, as they have done all the other times I have take them to Easter Road, and as they did 2 weeks ago.

I have also taken Motherwell & Aberdeen supporters to the lower West

Its not an issue if you are taking sensible people who just want to enjoy the game - how it should be

When you purchase a ST or match ticket at Easter Road, it is not unreasonable to expect to be sitting amongst like-minded people with the common cause of supporting Hibs. As sensible as your mates may be, it only takes one incident in a game and a reaction to turn into an inflammatory situation, and once the cat`s out the bag then there is an edgy atmosphere for you, your mates and everyone in close proximity who purchased tickets to watch Hibs, with fellow Hibs supporters.

frazeHFC
05-02-2011, 05:26 PM

I think of this all the time when at home against the Huns, it was really, really funny and the guys who paid all that money to go in the box were chucked out. :thumbsup:

Woody1985
05-02-2011, 07:23 PM
I took a jambo to the unbeatable game and everyone was going crazy at the second goal and he said **** off and started getting hit with coins and had to run on the pitch and into the away end.:faf:

What was funnier was two jambo fans were giving us the finger and your getting it shouts. When he ended up in their end they **** themselves from him. Haha