PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre or the Norm???????

Reaper
04-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Just reading a few threads on here the last few weeks and wondering how most felt, Personally I find it bizarre myself that alot of people write off supposed trialists or people that we may be looking at, that are either out of contract having left their clubs or been without a club for a while............The usual comments are 'If he can't get a club we don't want him', 'if he was any good he'd have loads of clubs chasing him' and such like. Folk are entitled to think/say what they want but did Hibs not benefit before from the likes of Sauzee, Latapy, Liam Miller (split opinion I know), Zitelli, Mixu?????????? etc etc

Surely just because a player who's been about clubs, out of contract or struggling to find a new club shouldn't be written off as no good for Hibs just because of this??? Maybe there's reasons other than them being ***** / bad attitude etc for this?

It's the alliadiere rumour that's kind of sparked this off. :confused:

leither17
04-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Think he is going to newcastle I reckom he would do well for us

Pretty Boy
04-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Just reading a few threads on here the last few weeks and wondering how most felt, Personally I find it bizarre myself that alot of people write off supposed trialists or people that we may be looking at, that are either out of contract having left their clubs or been without a club for a while............The usual comments are 'If he can't get a club we don't want him', 'if he was any good he'd have loads of clubs chasing him' and such like. Folk are entitled to think/say what they want but did Hibs not benefit before from the likes of Sauzee, Latapy, Liam Miller (split opinion I know), Zitelli, Mixu?????????? etc etc

Surely just because a player who's been about clubs, out of contract or struggling to find a new club shouldn't be written off as no good for Hibs just because of this??? Maybe there's reasons other than them being ***** / bad attitude etc for this?

It's the alliadiere rumour that's kind of sparked this off. :confused:

Agree with a lot of what you say.

The number of people who haad written off the new signings as 'nobodies' or '5th choice options' was ridiculous. At the end of the day the average football fan knows a very small percentage of the players that are plying their trade in leagues around the world. Just because we haven't heard of a few players doesn't mean they are no good. There can be many reasons why players are without clubs, sometimes even through choice.

If the new guys continue to show the same positives they have shown so far hopefully people will e a bit more patient and open minded when the window re-opens in the summer (i wouldn't bet on it though).

Beefster
05-02-2011, 08:06 AM
There may be some merit in the OP about writing players off but Sauzee, Latapy, Zitelli, Miller, Mixu etc aren't great examples. Most played for big European clubs, had played for their country a lot of times and were relatively successful at some point before coming to Hibs. You can't compare them with Trakys, Zarabi or even Aliadiere for that matter.

greenlex
05-02-2011, 09:45 AM
Aliadiere is a strange one. I find it strange he finds himself without a contract somewhere. We haven't actually signed someone who was without contract have we?
If there wasn't something fundamentally wrong with him ineither his game or attitude. you would think he would have had a range of options in front of him and taken at least one of them instead of finding himself without a club.
I am not saying good players cannot find themselves in that position but I find it strange that someone with his pedigree does.

Reaper
05-02-2011, 12:42 PM
There may be some merit in the OP about writing players off but Sauzee, Latapy, Zitelli, Miller, Mixu etc aren't great examples. Most played for big European clubs, had played for their country a lot of times and were relatively successful at some point before coming to Hibs. You can't compare them with Trakys, Zarabi or even Aliadiere for that matter.

Zarabi played loads for Algeria and Aliadiere played for Arsenal BUT I see what you are saying, However the point I'm making as their history surely doesn't measure how successful they would be surely??? If that argument was correct ray Wilkins would have been a revelation (apologies I'm laughing as I write that). I don't disagree that the examples I used were of quality players the point I was however trying to make was that Sauzee couldn't get a club in France before he came to Scotland and was pretty unsuccessful at Atalanta before coming to Hibs. Latapy couldn't get a game at Porto and Zitelli was out of contract too??? At these clubs their history counted for nothing(I don't want to get into a debate about league standards etc) so all I'm saying is that sometimes a club fits with a player and can make them and the club successful. Therefore surely we shouldn't dismiss players before they have been tried???

Look at Charlie Adam???