PDA

View Full Version : How many Hibs fans are there?

Billy Whizz
04-02-2011, 06:47 PM
I was thinking the other day about how many Hibs fans are our there?
Say we have around 10,000 season ticket holders. How many apart from this are on our database. I'm sure Fyfe Hyland and his team know this info!
Do you think that another 10,000, apart from season ticket holders, fans attend at least one game per season! The club must have looked at all this when planning to build the new East!
I know we are in recessionary times, but with a winning team on the park do you think we could get 14,000 Hibees along to Easter Rd for all our home games!!

Keith_M
04-02-2011, 06:55 PM
I suppose it depends on your definition of a 'fan', or even the difference between that and a supporter.

There's a sliding scale between those who go to every game, home and away, to those who check out the results on TV on a Saturday.

If we were doing really well, I could see us getting 12,000 Hibs fans for home games, obviously increasing for the bigger matches. I think it'd have to be quite a special game for Hibs to sell out the home end, though.

Vini1875
04-02-2011, 06:56 PM
It's a funny question, but the numbers would vary hugely depending on what you mean by Hibs fan.

How many fans could we get attending ER regularly? I would think 14-15,000 no problem.
How many for a cup final? 35,000
How many would consider themselves Hibs fans, whether they had been to ER in years if ever? 50,000+

Billy Whizz
04-02-2011, 06:59 PM
A Hibs fan for the purpose of estimating our potential gate, is someone I believe who goes to a game at least once per season( apologies to overseas fans)

Badge
04-02-2011, 07:00 PM

E.T. is a Hibee
04-02-2011, 07:07 PM
I was thinking the other day about how many Hibs fans are our there?
Say we have around 10,000 season ticket holders. How many apart from this are on our database. I'm sure Fyfe Hyland and his team know this info!
Do you think that another 10,000, apart from season ticket holders, fans attend at least one game per season! The club must have looked at all this when planning to build the new East!
I know we are in recessionary times, but with a winning team on the park do you think we could get 14,000 Hibees along to Easter Rd for all our home games!!

14k easy, but in total around the world thousands n thousands.

We might not be the most supported team in the world but in my opinion it's qulity not quantity of the support and in that respect we are why out in front!

Bash On!

:flag::flag::flag::flag:

jacomo
04-02-2011, 07:11 PM

That's a FACT.

Wembley67
04-02-2011, 07:12 PM
14k easy, but in total around the world thousands n thousands.

We might not be the most supported team in the world but in my opinion it's qulity not quantity of the support and in that respect we are why out in front!

Bash On!

:flag::flag::flag::flag:

Quality? Really?

E.T. is a Hibee
04-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Quality? Really?

Ma speelin not to gid!

Wembley67
04-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Ma speelin not to gid!

Ha, wasn't meaning your spelling :-)

Bostonhibby
04-02-2011, 07:18 PM
I am pretty confident that it is 399,999 because the big club are adamant that at any given time there is 400,000 of them. To be fair though I don't know if, when they do their official census, they actually count all the ones who are in the pictures that fill the gaps at the side of the stands or not, if they do then we need to get Rolf Harris to knock up a few pictures for us too.

down the slope
04-02-2011, 07:21 PM
As i have said many times on here i know more fans who don't go than attend nowadays, with a decent run of results we could have the majority back again no problem.

E.T. is a Hibee
04-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Ha, wasn't meaning your spelling :-)

Och, thought you were goin on about my spellin.

I'm deadly serious, were qulaity fans too right we are. We all now our football and the character required to support Hibs means only a certain type of person can do it! A quality person! P

Plus were a good lookin bunch too!

sambajustice
04-02-2011, 07:24 PM

Nah, we're the wee team mind so i'll go for about 399,999...

Removed
04-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Plus were a good lookin bunch too!

Take it you haven't met Sleeping Giant or L of 73 :panic:

:greengrin

clerriehibs
04-02-2011, 08:19 PM
As i have said many times on here i know more fans who don't go than attend nowadays, with a decent run of results we could have the majority back again no problem.

There's always been more that don't go than go. Probably the same for any team (maybe not Ross County)

Pretty Boy
04-02-2011, 08:48 PM
You only have to look at the crowd we took to the CIS final v Livingstone (38 000 i think?) to see there is potential for a cracking fan base at Hibs.

I understand that a final always brings the real gloryhunters out the woodwork, overseas fans will come over, folk will take family members who normally wouldn't go etc etc. Even taking this into account when we were playing some great stuff under Mowbray we were pulling in decent crowds week in week out, if the team are winning and playing well crowds will rise, it really is that simple.

If CC can really rebuild the squad in the summer and we get back up pushing for Europe then there is no reason we shouldn't be looking for 13-14K on a weekly basis pushing up to 18-19K when Hearts and the OF come to ER. I firmly believe it's up to the club to come up with a clever marketting strategy to encourage fans back, whether thats cheap season tickets for kids, more Hibs kids days, adding cup games to season tickets or whatever.

heretoday
04-02-2011, 08:55 PM
I was always brought up to believe that Hearts had slightly more fans in Edinburgh alone but that Hibs had more fans worldwide due to the celebrity of the Famous Five and our general all round swashbuckling reputation.

gorgie_harp
04-02-2011, 08:57 PM

:greengrin:greengrin

lapsedhibee
04-02-2011, 08:57 PM

I am pretty confident that it is 399,999 because the big club are adamant that at any given time there is 400,000 of them. To be fair though I don't know if, when they do their official census, they actually count all the ones who are in the pictures that fill the gaps at the side of the stands or not, if they do then we need to get Rolf Harris to knock up a few pictures for us too.

Nah, we're the wee team mind so i'll go for about 399,999...

399,999 is the correct answer. It can't be 400,001 because if it were 400,001 then the big team's support would be 400,002. We know from them already that they're 400,000 so we must be lower than that at 399,999. :agree:

Not sure if they count two-dimensional images, but strongly suspect that in families of yams where a female fan is both sister and mother to a male, that is counted as three altogether.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-02-2011, 09:08 PM
IIRC we had a midweek game against Gretna when we went two down with the wee fat curly headed boy pulling the strings, then we went on to win 4-2. The classic two nil, then you f****d it up game. Sure that there was near 16,000 for that game and there was more for that for our New Year game against Ayr Utd in the First Div. The support is there when the product is good.

HibbyAndy
04-02-2011, 09:53 PM
IIRC we had a midweek game against Gretna when we went two down with the wee fat curly headed boy pulling the strings, then we went on to win 4-2. The classic two nil, then you f****d it up game. Sure that there was near 16,000 for that game and there was more for that for our New Year game against Ayr Utd in the First Div. The support is there when the product is good.

That game was the 1st home game of the season after we beat Hearts at Tiny ( Kerr 1st minute) Saturday 3pm KO.

Tho we did stuff them 6-0 in a midweek cup game.

7Hero
04-02-2011, 09:59 PM
we have less fans than hearts FACT !

apologies for the depressing post but we do, hence why we are the wee team..

alfieboi75
04-02-2011, 10:09 PM
do wonder how many fans from hibs.net attend games regardless if they attend every week or occasional.....

but what I'm encouraging is how many fans from hibs.net will attend the next Hibs home game.....if we can get a high volume of fans to attend, then it will show how committed we are as fans of Hibernian FC. :aok:

if there was just one week, where every member of Hibs.net attended the same match then it would show the strength HFC would have as their 12th man....

Fan Power!!!!:thumbsup:

DC_Hibs
04-02-2011, 10:13 PM

ihibs.co.uk will give you all the info.

Attendances were good in the first division season but are exaggerated by many.

14100 for Ayr on Boxing day and the end of the season game v Falkirk was around 14800.

frazeHFC
04-02-2011, 11:00 PM
My dad was telling me of a New Year match i was at when in the first divison against Ayr/Raith about 10 years ago where there was over 14000 there. Now we will see the 8000 'hardcore' fans who attened every home match, plus obviously ones who can only make, or only want to make certain matches.

EDIT: Just seen that DC_Hibs posted about the Ayr match. :na na:

oldbutdim
04-02-2011, 11:08 PM

Ah.The clasic use of FACT when it's not.
Probably correct. But I don't think it's either defineable or measureable.

apologies for the depressing post but we do,

It doesn't depress me at all.

hence why we are the wee team..

Baffling logic.

Wee team because you are depressed?

OK then.
:rolleyes:

seanraff07
04-02-2011, 11:10 PM
Take it you haven't met Sleeping Giant or L of 73 :panic:

:top marks

iwasthere1972
04-02-2011, 11:39 PM

13,795 on a Saturday in August.

We played Gretna at ER twice in season 2007/08 and beat them 4-2 on both occasions. The other match was Wed 13/2/08. :nerd:

sesoim
05-02-2011, 01:28 AM
I'd guess we have wll over 100,00 people who would say they support/like/whatever you want to call it Hibs. I'm including people who would never go to a game, but still like them, like my mum for example!

In terms of how many attending fans we have (whether 1 game a season or 19), I would guess we have about 20 to 25k. I know loads of folk who just go to the odd game each season, if that.

I reckon there are loads of people like me who simply can't afford to go to every game. If I'm being honest I wouldn't want to - every time I've bought a season ticket I've regretted it. If the club could do incentive deals where you could buy a ticket for, say, five games of your choice, I think we could get more non-regular fans to come along.

.Sean.
05-02-2011, 08:38 AM
I'd say we have 15000 real fans. Ones who regularly attend. The other 20000 or so 'supporters' are gloryhunters who crawl back in to the woodwork when the going gets tough.

cheltenhamhibee
05-02-2011, 09:32 AM
I'd say we have 15000 real fans. Ones who regularly attend. The other 20000 or so 'supporters' are gloryhunters who crawl back in to the woodwork when the going gets tough.

oh what it must be like to be the voice of reason !!!! :greengrin:greengrin

sahib
05-02-2011, 09:47 AM
oh what it must be like to be the voice of reason !!!! :greengrin:greengrin

I would say the St Mirren attendance - the away support = our baseline support.
That was a game after a poor, poor run, but with enough interest to get reasonably committed supporters to go. The rest of our support are fairly fickle.
I remember years ago, Hibs letting people in for nothing to watch the reply of an abandoned Dundee game. The crowd was only about 20,000, not much more you can do, I remember thinking.

Keith_M
05-02-2011, 09:53 AM
i would say the st mirren attendance - the away support = our baseline support.
That was a game after a poor, poor run, but with enough interest to get reasonably committed supporters to go. The rest of our support are fairly fickle.
I remember years ago, hibs letting people in for nothing to watch the reply of an abandoned dundee game. the crowd was only about 20,000, not much more you can do, i remember thinking.

only?!?!

Ringothedog
05-02-2011, 10:00 AM
I think the crowd was nearer 10k than 20k at the free Dundee game.

In answer to the original question, I would guess that there about 15-20k who go on a fairly regular basis. That would be about 10% of our potential support which I would guess is between 150k and 200k

hibeeleicester
05-02-2011, 12:55 PM
I have the answer to this question, kind of.

About 2 years ago, for a school project i asked the question of how many people are there on the database.

The response was 60,000.

This means we probably have a support of around 100,000.

My logic is, I am on the database. My mum and dad are not, if they go to hibs games its with me and therefore it's under my name. I guess im not the only in this situation.

Also we have alot of the older generation who were luck enough to see those great european nights etc..

Even under Mowbary my Grandad refused to go to watch "that *****". I guess alot are like this as the quality is just nowhere the same. (These people will turn out for cup finals though)

E.T. is a Hibee
05-02-2011, 12:58 PM
I have the answer to this question, kind of.

About 2 years ago, for a school project i asked the question of how many people are there on the database.

The response was 60,000.

This means we probably have a support of around 100,000.

My logic is, I am on the database. My mum and dad are not, if they go to hibs games its with me and therefore it's under my name. I guess im not the only in this situation.

Also we have alot of the older generation who were luck enough to see those great european nights etc..

Even under Mowbary my Grandad refused to go to watch "that *****". I guess alot are like this as the quality is just nowhere the same. (These people will turn out for cup finals though)

Good wee post mate.:agree::flag:

Dunbar Hibee
05-02-2011, 01:19 PM

Don't sit on the fence now Sean :greengrin

iwasthere1972
05-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Don't sit on the fence now Sean :greengrin

Please do Sean and make sure it's a high one. Watch you dinnae fall.

Matty_Jack04
05-02-2011, 01:55 PM
were'nt we regularly hitting 14000 in the mowbray days???

sure at one point we had a little above 11000 season tickets holders

the fact is and rodders knows it that if the product isnt worth paying for then they dont, i doesnt matter how 'diehard' or how supporters and fans are defined if the team is gantin then there no getting £24 at the gate, its too be expected.

you'l also see how much rodders knows this early into the summer break when he breaks the seal on the biscuit tin too entice people to take up the season ticket.

.Sean.
05-02-2011, 02:47 PM
Please do Sean and make sure it's a high one. Watch you dinnae fall.
:rolleyes:

Frogga
05-02-2011, 03:00 PM
I think if we were in the Premiership Hibs and Hearts could get 25-30k on a weekly basis.

Nakedmanoncrack
05-02-2011, 09:30 PM
I think the crowd was nearer 10k than 20k at the free Dundee game.

In answer to the original question, I would guess that there about 15-20k who go on a fairly regular basis. That would be about 10% of our potential support which I would guess is between 150k and 200k

Think it was 9,000 for the free Dundee game, remember it well for 2 reasons; small pocket of Jambos in the away end, and having to leave at half-time for a gig at the Playhouse.

Pete
06-02-2011, 02:03 AM

You're sounding like a ****bo.

Give yourself a shake!

sahib
06-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Think it was 9,000 for the free Dundee game, remember it well for 2 reasons; small pocket of Jambos in the away end, and having to leave at half-time for a gig at the Playhouse.

Yet again my memory lets me down. The point still stands, though, if we could only get 9000 for free. How many actual supporters do we have? The answer, I suppose, depends on how good the product on the park is.

essexhibee
06-02-2011, 09:06 PM

Have a word!

The most yammish post I've seen in a long time. We are the team with class.
As to the OP count two fans from essex. Go to games as and when we can and regularly buying stuff from the clubshop? Count as a fan?

Franck Stanton
06-02-2011, 10:28 PM
Good wee post mate.:agree::flag:
Nail - Hit _ Head, End of story. Question answered.

[Oops - this relates to the post Et was refering to - if that makes sence] Silly me.

Bostonhibby
07-02-2011, 02:39 PM

You have to factor life and longevity into it Sean, when I was 20 - 25 I was definitely a real fan by that benchmark then , rarely missed a game home and away,supporters bus every other saturday or so, most pre seasons as well was at nearly every european jaunt we have had in my lifetime, even when I moved out of Edinburgh I could say between the age of 25 and 35 I attended hundreds of games and funded a season ticket for family regardless. Even now I do as many games as I can and bring quite a few with me, all in support of my club............

As times gone by I might only attend a fifth of what you appear to attend and definitely cup games not just finals, but trust me mate, there's more to being a supporter than going to a game, even if you want to be there and cannae. Is the guy who lives in Lochend but cannae afford the prices so picks his games and brings up his 3 kids as Hibby's any less a supporter?

jdships
07-02-2011, 03:10 PM
You have to factor life and longevity into it Sean, when I was 20 - 25 I was definitely a real fan by that benchmark then , rarely missed a game home and away,supporters bus every other saturday or so, most pre seasons as well was at nearly every european jaunt we have had in my lifetime, even when I moved out of Edinburgh I could say between the age of 25 and 35 I attended hundreds of games and funded a season ticket for family regardless. Even now I do as many games as I can and bring quite a few with me, all in support of my club............

As times gone by I might only attend a fifth of what you appear to attend and definitely cup games not just finals, but trust me mate, there's more to being a supporter than going to a game, even if you want to be there and cannae. Is the guy who lives in Lochend but cannae afford the prices so picks his games and brings up his 3 kids as Hibby's any less a supporter?

Well put
Thanks for bringing a bit of sense into this !!

This posted by Sean
"I'd say we have 15000 real fans. Ones who regularly attend. The other 20000 or so 'supporters' are gloryhunters who crawl back in to the woodwork when the going gets tough.

Really get's up my nose ! :brickwall

How do you define a "real fan" - please gives us your definition , if you can
I have a friend in NZ who hasn't set foot in ER for ten years but spends in exceaa of £250/ year through the Hibs shop .
Does that disqualify him from being a "real fan" purely because he doesn't turn up at ER ?
Does the fact that at 78 I can't manage to as many games as I would like disqualify me from being a real fan ?

Suggest , Sean, you should think about how you may , like "Boston
Hibby " , move away from Edinburgh or with any luck live into your late 70's and see how you feel about being called a "glory hunter" :dummytit:

iwasthere1972
07-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Well put
Thanks for bringing a bit of sense into this !!

This posted by Sean
"I'd say we have 15000 real fans. Ones who regularly attend. The other 20000 or so 'supporters' are gloryhunters who crawl back in to the woodwork when the going gets tough.

Really get's up my nose ! :brickwall

How do you define a "real fan" - please gives us your definition , if you can
I have a friend in NZ who hasn't set foot in ER for ten years but spends in exceaa of £250/ year through the Hibs shop .
Does that disqualify him from being a "real fan" purely because he doesn't turn up at ER ?
Does the fact that at 78 I can't manage to as many games as I would like disqualify me from being a real fan ?

Suggest , Sean, you should think about how you may , like "Boston
Hibby " , move away from Edinburgh or with any luck live into your late 70's and see how you feel about being called a "glory hunter" :dummytit:

:aok: Uber fan tosh from one so young. :agree:

superfurryhibby
07-02-2011, 04:29 PM

Fact: Heart's record attendance at Tynecastle is 53,000. Hibs have had 65,000 at Easter Road. Big team-wee team?

I suppose a factor in the historical levels of support is that fact that Hearts were seen as the main senior team in Edinburgh for the first fifty years or so of their existence. Hibs, although always playing in Edinburgh (just), were inextricably linked to both the Irish immigrant population and the Port of Leith and were less acceptable to the Edinburgh mainstream as a result.

My feeling is that the massive media love in with the Old Firm has led to unprecedented support for the unwashed in the capital over the last two decades. When I was a boy, (in the late sixties, early seventies) nearly everyone supported Hibs or Hearts. By the early nineties rangers were much more popular.
I remember a photo of the football training at my laddies school. Nearly all of them had Rangers tops on. I knew most of the dads and they were Jambos!

.Sean.
07-02-2011, 06:29 PM
:aok: Uber fan tosh from one so young. :agree:
No, not 'uber fan tosh' at all.

Okay, maybe I over-estimated we have 20,000 'gloryhunters', but try and deny that there aren't thousands upon thousands of folk who follow Hibs, show face when all is well (cup semis, cup finals etc) yet mysteriously disappear when the going gets tough?

Away and ram yer 'uber fan' accusations.

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2011, 10:31 AM

Okay, maybe I over-estimated we have 20,000 'gloryhunters', but try and deny that there aren't thousands upon thousands of folk who follow Hibs, show face when all is well (cup semis, cup finals etc) yet mysteriously disappear when the going gets tough?

Would you rather we only had 10-12k at any final we may get to?

joe breezy
08-02-2011, 10:45 AM

It may come as a shock Sean but there are Hibs fans all over the world. I live in Essex, one season I bought a half season ticket but could only afford to come to a few games.

Anyone who supports Hibs can never be called a glory hunter, we rarely win anything.

At cup finals I think the support is boosted by ex pats and also there are people who like Hibs but don't go to every game, sisters, wives, girlfriends and friends of the more hardcore.

As people get older their priorities and circumstances can change. Who are you to call someone a glory hunter just because they may choose to watch his son play football on a Saturday or work to look after his family.

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2011, 10:51 AM
It may come as a shock Sean but there are Hibs fans all over the world. I live in Essex, one season I bought a half season ticket but could only afford to come to a few games.

Anyone who supports Hibs can never be called a glory hunter, we rarely win anything.

At cup finals I think the support is boosted by ex pats and also there are people who like Hibs but don't go to every game, sisters, wives, girlfriends and friends of the more hardcore.

As people get older their priorities and circumstances can change. Who are you to call someone a glory hunter just because they may choose to watch his son play football on a Saturday or work to look after his family.

:agree:
My son lives in St Albans, he goes to any cup final we get to. Maybe i should tell him he's not welcome anymore?

CropleyWasGod
08-02-2011, 11:09 AM

Can we have this discussion again when you have a family, a mortgage and changed priorities?

I always find these glory-hunter accusations insulting.

Wembley67
08-02-2011, 11:13 AM
You're sounding like a ****bo.

Give yourself a shake!

True though.

Wilson
08-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Wee debt. Wee team. Fact. End of.

True though.

hibs0666
08-02-2011, 11:23 AM
The UK TV audience for the new years day game was 99,000. Add in the 16,000 or so at the game then it looks like us and the yams share about 115,000 fans/supporters.

Based on average gates this year we get about 46% of the crowd so I estimate that we have about 50,000 fans/supporters.

Removed
08-02-2011, 11:36 AM
The UK TV audience for the new years day game was 99,000. Add in the 16,000 or so at the game then it looks like us and the yams share about 115,000 fans/supporters.

Based on average gates this year we get about 46% of the crowd so I estimate that we have about 50,000 fans/supporters.

Not everyone who is a fan has access to satellite tv though. I was at the PBS but my two ST holding boys weren't and we don't have satellite football at home.

hibs0666
08-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Not everyone who is a fan has access to satellite tv though. I was at the PBS but my two ST holding boys weren't and we don't have satellite football at home.

Fair do's - I'm not saying my numbers are perfect but the real number is going to be in the general vicinity. For example, the 7 November hibs-them game was shown on Sky Sports 4 and had an audience of 104,000 i.e. the number of viewers this season has been pretty consistent.

I guess it is perfectly reasonable for this number to change from season to season as people change get more or less interested in the fortunes of a club.

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2011, 11:46 AM
Fair do's - I'm not saying my numbers are perfect but the real number is going to be in the general vicinity. For example, the 7 November hibs-them game was shown on Sky Sports 4 and had an audience of 104,000 i.e. the number of viewers this season has been pretty consistent.

I guess it is perfectly reasonable for this number to change from season to season as people change get more or less interested in the fortunes of a club.

Where do you find these figures from?

Killiehibbie
08-02-2011, 11:46 AM

Based on average gates this year we get about 46% of the crowd so I estimate that we have about 50,000 fans/supporters.Does that 99,000 include everybody in the pub watching it and all those viewing by other means?

GreenCastle
08-02-2011, 11:53 AM
It's hard to do with Hibs as we don't have an official facebook page but in the USA they say that roughly the number of likes on each teams facebook page shows an estimate of their fan base.

So Seattle Sounders is the most / best supported MLS team with 115,000. WIth Red Bull New York and LA Galaxy 2nd and 3rd.

Compare this to some american football teams such as the Green Bay Packers with over a million likes.

Before anyone says - I know many aren't on facebook though :wink:

hibs0666
08-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Where do you find these figures from?

t'Internet. :wink:

hibs0666
08-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Does that 99,000 include everybody in the pub watching it and all those viewing by other means?

The figures include the pub watchers and people that watch the game delayed. It does not include people viewing a stream on the PC.

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2011, 12:10 PM
t'Internet. :wink:

hibs0666
08-02-2011, 12:36 PM

BARB is the source of all things TV viewing.

Speedway
08-02-2011, 12:44 PM
How many Hibs Supporters are there?

jdships
08-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Can we have this discussion again when you have a family, a mortgage and changed priorities?

I always find these glory-hunter accusations insulting.

:top marks

jdships
08-02-2011, 03:21 PM

Think about it - you brought that on yourself with your "glory hunter" nonsense.

Famous Fiver
08-02-2011, 03:43 PM
What is an uber fan?

I was at a midweek Hibs match back in the 60's at ER against Airdrie, I think, when Walter Galbraith was manager and the crowd was around 1,500.

Does that count?

lapsedhibee
08-02-2011, 03:51 PM
What is an uber fan?

I was at a midweek Hibs match back in the 60's at ER against Airdrie, I think, when Walter Galbraith was manager and the crowd was around 1,500.

Does that count?

Did you stay till the end? :dunno:

Famous Fiver
08-02-2011, 04:01 PM
Great point!!

I can't remember the score and I am not certain it was Airdrie (Old timer's disease!) I'll have to look up the history books to refresh my memory. Wish i had kept the programme!

I do remember Walter Galbraith getting it in the neck from the disgruntled fans and it couldn't have been all bad because that ushered in the Jock Stein era.

I stay to the bitter end more often than not.

Pity those poor Newcastle fans who left at 4 Nil on Saturday!!

lapsedhibee
08-02-2011, 04:20 PM
I do remember Walter Galbraith getting it in the neck from the disgruntled fans and it couldn't have been all bad because that ushered in the Jock Stein era.

No subs allowed in them days, to boo players on and off, so more concentration on criticising moustachioed non-playing staff then.