PDA

View Full Version : Help with Finding Hibernian Player

THFC6061
04-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Hi guys!

I've received a request from America to try to get some details of one of your former players.

Any help you can provide will be passed-on and greatly appreciated.

Here's the email...

My wife and I are researching her Father (who sadly passed away 5 years ago).

His name is Fergus Davidson and we know that he played Football in Scotland, although only as an amateur and also Tennis.

Through our research so far and contacting other clubs, we have discovered that he made 19 appearances for Dundee United in 1936.

We also know he signed for Hibernian in 1935 and may have also played for Queens Park, later that same decade.

Is there anyway you could aid us in our research and find any information you may possibly have on his playing days?

We don't know if he ever played for the 1st team, or if it was only a reserve. But any information you could find out, would be so greatly appreciated.

Jonnyboy
04-02-2011, 06:28 PM
I reckon hibbybrian may be able to help out here. You could PM him or just wait until he reads this thread :thumbsup:

DaveF
04-02-2011, 06:32 PM
I did a quick search on http://ihibs.co.uk/index.php but no joy however you might want to contact the guys who run excellent site to see if they can provide any leads for you?

Phil D. Rolls
04-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Just a thought, but what year did Dundee Hibernian change their name to Dundee United?

DaveF
04-02-2011, 06:34 PM
Just a thought, but what year did Dundee Hibernian change their name to Dundee United?

Pretty sure it was in the 1920s?

Jonnyboy
04-02-2011, 06:35 PM

Season 1923/24 FR

son of haggart
04-02-2011, 06:37 PM
London Hearts website has not only statistics of the period but newspaper articles

I would recommend e mailing the webmaster (who posts on here as LHWM) at webmaster@londonhearts.com

I am sure he would be able to help, especially of the dates of first team appearances for Dundee United and Queens Park were available

THFC6061
04-02-2011, 06:45 PM
London Hearts website has not only statistics of the period but newspaper articles

I would recommend e mailing the webmaster (who posts on here as LHWM) at webmaster@londonhearts.com

I am sure he would be able to help, especially of the dates of first team appearances for Dundee United and Queens Park were available

Thanks - I'll do just that.

And thanks to everyone else who replied.