PDA

View Full Version : A Song For Sodje!

7 Hills
03-02-2011, 09:44 PM
I enjoyed the rendition of "There's Only One Sodje" at the St. Mirren game, but to make Akpo feel right at home, I've come up with the following - I'm happy with the lyrics, but I need some help with the tune! ;o)

Idoro Akpoeyere Ujoma Sodje - oh he hates the Jambo ****!

He's Number 18! He wears White and Green! Oh, Idoro Akpoeyere Ujoma Sodje - he HATES the Jambo ****!

Mon Dieu4
03-02-2011, 09:48 PM
I enjoyed the rendition of "There's Only One Sodje" at the St. Mirren game, but to make Akpo feel right at home, I've come up with the following - I'm happy with the lyrics, but I need some help with the tune! ;o)

He's Number 18! He wears White and Green! Oh, Idoro Akpoeyere Ujoma Sodje - he HATES the Jambo ****!

Not being a kiljoy and he should have his own song, but I cringed at that and found it blasphemous, no one else should ever have that song sung about them, it should be retired out of respect for the great man

Dunbar Hibee
03-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Not being a kiljoy and he should have his own song, but I cringed at that and found it blasphemous, no one else should ever have that song sung about them, it should be retired out of respect for the great man

Tend to agree.

frazeHFC
03-02-2011, 09:56 PM
Well i for one can't say his name so i'll no be joining in! :greengrin

7 Hills
03-02-2011, 10:22 PM

Indeed - which is why I tried to find an original song for Sodje! But there are those of us of a certain vintage who can testify to the fact, that there's only One Chico! Loved Sauzee, but that tune belonged to Chic Charnley first! ;o)

Mon Dieu4
03-02-2011, 10:24 PM

Indeed - which is why I tried to find an original song for Sodje! But there are those of us of a certain vintage who can testify to the fact, that there's only One Chico! Loved Sauzee, but that tune belonged to Chic Charnley first! ;o)

I was talking about Chico, I loved the mad bassa :wink::faf:

lapsedhibee
03-02-2011, 10:28 PM
Perhaps there's a case for making something of the auld Andy Stewart tune There was a Sodje, a Hibee Sodje, who etc

CRAZYHIBBY
03-02-2011, 10:43 PM
being honest i find it pish almost as bad as the other one that was on here a few weeks ago....just my thoughts though......surely a wee rendition of "Theres only one sodje" would do the trick

7 Hills
03-02-2011, 10:58 PM
Perhaps there's a case for making something of the auld Andy Stewart tune There was a Sodje, a Hibee Sodje, who etc

I thought of that too, lapsed yin! I got as far as - There was a Sodje! A Hibee Sodje! Who wandered far from Home - to Easter Road he roamed! He's built like Rambo! He hates the Jambos! Na na na na na! Help! :confused:

Shrekko
03-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Any song except the one being sung on Wednesday :agree:

I'm sure the new singing section can do better than rehashing songs for other players. They've been belting out quite a few new ones recently.

Kato
03-02-2011, 11:01 PM
The answer is simple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm_bhJ7-ddA

CRAZYHIBBY
03-02-2011, 11:06 PM
The answer is simple.

Simple and usable:greengrin

snooky
04-02-2011, 12:06 AM
Simple and usable:greengrin

Naw, she's infected with Chicdungitis. Nae place for that at ER.

mickki40
04-02-2011, 09:50 AM
Nicked from Hibs 12th Man fb site

Have you heard all the rumors
Sodje plays like zoomer
with passion and flair
but without the hair
walking in a Sodje wonderland.

Disc O'Dave
04-02-2011, 10:12 AM
Or...from the Killers' "All these things that I've done"...

"We've sold Sol, but now we've got Sodje..."

Someone else will need to put meat onto those bones :o)

Dave
(Apologies if it's been done already....)

mickki40
04-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Or...from the Killers' "All these things that I've done"...

"We've sold Sol, but now we've got Sodje..."

Someone else will need to put meat onto those bones :o)

Dave
(Apologies if it's been done already....)

That's great we need to develop that one. will bring up songs etc at 12th man meeting on Saturday

Phil D. Rolls
04-02-2011, 01:35 PM
These must take hours to make up.

Hibiza
04-02-2011, 01:49 PM
scottish sodje sounds good, only one sodjur thou, Alex cropley. :not worth

sunshine1875
04-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Hearing the "Sauzee" song being belted out for Sodje made me think about the fans favourite Mickey Weir / Ivan Sproule song - adapted for Nish.

:whistle:

He's here,
He's here,
He's standing very still,
Colin Nish, Colin Nish

:offski:

Okay, timing not quite right as he did move better against the Saints

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-02-2011, 07:12 PM
A Sodjers song?

:taxi

Dunbar Hibee
04-02-2011, 07:15 PM
A Sodjers song?

:taxi
:greengrin
:devil:

Viva_Palmeiras
04-02-2011, 07:20 PM

Blasphemous now that's not a word you hear many times on the Hibs.net! I getche tho!:sauzee:

ancient hibee
04-02-2011, 08:29 PM
I'll take you home with me Sodje

But first you have to score a goal

And when you do that very soon

My sister etc. etc.for those with more fertile imagination than me.

To the tune of I'll take you home Kathleen.

SmithyHibee
04-02-2011, 10:26 PM
http://gobarbra.com/hit/new-def0c3c01bac0c8ec6672d9344f33d54

There's a song for him :cool2:

Dunbar Hibee
05-02-2011, 02:29 AM
http://gobarbra.com/hit/new-def0c3c01bac0c8ec6672d9344f33d54

There's a song for him :cool2:

I think this song should come on when Deek scores and everyone sing 'Derek Riordan' instead of 'Barbra Streisand' definitely gonna get shot down for this but iv said it a few times and would like to see it happen.:greengrin

Removed
05-02-2011, 06:37 AM
I think this song should come on when Deek scores and everyone sing 'Derek Riordan' instead of 'Barbra Streisand' definitely gonna get shot down for this but iv said it a few times and would like to see it happen.:greengrin

No songs at goals...for anyone. Please Hibs don't. Classless imo.

marinello59
05-02-2011, 07:52 AM
:agree:

The only time I have enjoyed a ''goal'' song being played over the PA was at Pittodrie two or three seasons back when a near miss by the sheep had somebody getting over excited and pushing the play button. Most amusing. (Although you probably had to be there. :greengrin)

jonny
05-02-2011, 09:10 AM
The answer is simple.

:top marks

Perfect.

Ohhhhhhh Sodje Sodje....

Dunbar Hibee
05-02-2011, 03:39 PM

Fair enough.

http://gobarbra.com/hit/new-1b4334459acb9622e77b9538d6cb4086

This version better? :greengrin

iwasthere1972
05-02-2011, 03:48 PM
The answer is simple.

:top marks

We have a winner by a country mile.

I would have no problem singing it. :aok:

nonshinyfinish
05-02-2011, 03:54 PM
:agree:

The only time I have enjoyed a ''goal'' song being played over the PA was at Pittodrie two or three seasons back when a near miss by the sheep had somebody getting over excited and pushing the play button. Most amusing. (Although you probably had to be there. :greengrin)

I'm sure that happened at Easter Road when we missed a penalty. Could have been the Clayton Donaldson hat trick game against Killie?