PDA

View Full Version : NHC Diouf and the Media

Sylar
03-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, but I've just come across this a few minutes ago:

Anyone hear Craig Burley and Neil Warnock's comments on TalkSport the other night on El Hadji Diouf moving to Rangers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wr0uubtq-w

Now, I cannot stand Burley and his self-infatuation, but I can't see what he's being lambasted for here - he's voicing a widely held opinion on a football phone in programme, which is all about generating debate. Diouf's character is indeed odious at best, and I fully agree with Burley for once - the sooner this mutant leaves British Football, the better (either that or a horrific career ending injury with 11 opposition players laughing over him and screaming abuse at him).

ScottB
03-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Will be hilarious to watch the Scottish tabloids quickly change from tearing into that ****bag over the Mackie incident to him being a good honest Rangers player...

Bostonhibby
03-02-2011, 08:12 PM
Will be hilarious to watch the Scottish tabloids quickly change from tearing into that ****bag over the Mackie incident to him being a good honest Rangers player...

:greengrin And Levein trying to find out if he has any Scottish grandparents as he will have to attempt to fit him in now that he has the Blue jersey.

Jim44
03-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, but I've just come across this a few minutes ago:

Anyone hear Craig Burley and Neil Warnock's comments on TalkSport the other night on El Hadji Diouf moving to Rangers?

Now, I cannot stand Burley and his self-infatuation, but I can't see what he's being lambasted for here - he's voicing a widely held opinion on a football phone in programme, which is all about generating debate. Diouf's character is indeed odious at best, and I fully agree with Burley for once - the sooner this mutant leaves British Football, the better (either that or a horrific career ending injury with 11 opposition players laughing over him and screaming abuse at him).

Warnock at the weekend said that he thought Doiuf was a sewer rat except that this was a bit unfair on sewer rats.:greengrin

frazeHFC
03-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Shame they never had him when we played them, would of given us another ****bag to scream abuse at aswell as McGreggor, Lafferty, Jelavic.....

TheMentalHibees
03-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Loathsome human being, he'll fit in well at Der Hun.

killie-hibby
03-02-2011, 08:34 PM

Replace the word hilarious with PATHETIC. The process you forecast is already in motion. Listened to the first 45 minutes of Sportsound or is it Ranticsound on Radio Scotland tonight and I can confirm that Chick Dung's head is well and truly embedded up Diouf's a--e.

Onceinawhile
03-02-2011, 08:39 PM
The first time in history a rat has ever joined a sinking ship:agree::agree:

Walter
03-02-2011, 08:44 PM
I don't care what the do-gooders say, I can't wait until someone ends him.

ScottB
03-02-2011, 08:49 PM
I can only think they signed him as he was about the only player they could find that Celtic wouldn't gazump them for, after Deeks told them to bolt of course :wink:

To be fair, I have a couple of Rangers supporting mates, and they are furious at his arrival, one in particular who is also a big Blackburn fan was apoplectic!

iwasthere1972
03-02-2011, 08:50 PM

Sunday could be very interesting if he features in the huns Scottish Cup tie against Celtic. :aok:

heretoday
03-02-2011, 09:03 PM
I think Rangers only acquired him to noise up Celtic and try to distract them from the main business.

Walter "Butter wouldn't melt" Smith's defence of the player is hardly convincing, nor is McQuoist's.

To their credit, Celtic don't seem bothered.

Jim44
03-02-2011, 09:15 PM
I think Rangers only acquired him to noise up Celtic and try to distract them from the main business.

Walter "Butter wouldn't melt" Smith's defence of the player is hardly convincing, nor is McQuoist's.

To their credit, Celtic don't seem bothered.

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't feature against Celtic.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
03-02-2011, 09:15 PM
The first time in history a rat has ever joined a sinking ship:agree::agree:

:greengrin :top marks

delbert
03-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Whats all the fuss about here, it's surely the perfect fit, the most despised team in Britain sign the most despised player in Britain, lets just wait for it all to end in tears !!

Reaper
03-02-2011, 09:24 PM

Dunno what the fuss is about, it's a great move for him and for Rangers cos it's a player that they don't have to spend 3 weeks teaching the Rangers mentality cos he already has it in abundance. He is now one of them and **** the lot of them I say.

GreenCastle
03-02-2011, 09:28 PM
I actually think Burley does a pretty good job on ESPN - pretty honest compared to other commentators who sit on the fence.

Pete
03-02-2011, 09:32 PM
I'm still waiting on charges to be pressed against him because he FALSELY accused Everton F.C. of racist behaviour. The whole incident has been swept under the carpet for some reason.

Nobody else saw these "bananas".

Spineless English FA and a spineless, nasty, liar of an individual who insults every player who has ever taken racist, homophobic or any other sort of unjustified abuse at a football match.

Mikeystewart
03-02-2011, 09:49 PM
i think this sums up Diouf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFI05V6u6YE WARNING BAD LANGUAGE!!

Speedy
03-02-2011, 09:55 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFI05V6u6YE

I don't know who's worse on that, Diouf or the guy that made the call.

New Corrie
03-02-2011, 10:39 PM
I actually think Burley does a pretty good job on ESPN - pretty honest compared to other commentators who sit on the fence.

I agree, I like Burley think he's pretty fair.

As for Diouf, well he is the lowest, and you just know he'll be the type to play the "race card" to excuse his deplorable antics.

Always had a lot of respect for Walter Smith until now.

Woody1985
03-02-2011, 10:49 PM

I agree. Plus the boy acting the big shot talking about the players address to scare him **** himself when asked to meet.:LOL:

Pete
03-02-2011, 10:55 PM

I can excuse Diouf on this one.

If people phone you, abuse you and say they know where you live then who knows how you'll react.

The people who done that were idiots and Diouf treated them as such.

iwasthere1972
03-02-2011, 11:02 PM

I'd be pretty scared if I was the callers dad. That would be worse than finding a horse's heid on your pillow.

Just confirms what most folk think of Diouf but the lad making the call is no better.

Sylar
03-02-2011, 11:15 PM
I can excuse Diouf on this one.

If people phone you, abuse you and say they know where you live then who knows how you'll react.

The people who done that were idiots and Diouf treated them as such.

So he's justified in threatening to rape a 1 year old girl (hypothetical, yes, but he still said it!) :confused:

The guys calling him up come across as erselike as Diouf himself, but his comments were far from "excusable".

Pete
03-02-2011, 11:31 PM
So he's justified in threatening to rape a 1 year old girl (hypothetical, yes, but he still said it!) :confused:

The guys calling him up come across as erselike as Diouf himself, but his comments were far from "excusable".

It is hypothetical and there is no specific 1 year old girl that he threatened.

He was simply disrespecting people that had disrespected him by invading his privacy and insulting him. I'm sure if the caller was known to him and he knew he had a one year old kid then he would never have said that.

Have you ever snapped before?

iwasthere1972
03-02-2011, 11:42 PM

He was simply disrespecting people that had disrespected him by invading his privacy and insulting him. I'm sure if the caller was known to him and he knew he had a one year old kid then he would never have said that.

Most folk have snapped at some point in their life but to actually say what he did makes you wonder what goes on in the guys mind. Regardless of whether or not there was a one year old girl in the family it's a terrible thing to say. There's no excuse for it and the best thing he could've done was hang up and report the call to the police.

Pete
03-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Most folk have snapped at some point in their life but to actually say what he did makes you wonder what goes on in the guys mind. Regardless of whether or not there was a one year old girl in the family it's a terrible thing to say. There's no excuse for it and the best thing he could've done was hang up and report the call to the police.

It wasn't the nicest thing to say but this might have been the ninety-ninth time he had had such a phone call...and was more than a little pissed off. He is easily the most hated man in British football so it might well have been.

We're all human can be tipped over the edge. All we were given is what the poster wanted us to hear in the call. Who knows what was said before.

He's put himself in this position but I couldn't imagine being the hate figure that he is and what defensive stace I would take.

superbam
04-02-2011, 12:40 AM
I dont mind Diouf in Scotland here he is good entertainment. I dont think he belongs "in another continent" as they put it. I think he belongs at Ibrox.

superbam
04-02-2011, 12:46 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFI05V6u6YE WARNING BAD LANGUAGE!!

"El Hadji, why were you so rude?"

:hilarious

1875godsgift
04-02-2011, 12:55 AM
It wasn't the nicest thing to say but this might have been the ninety-ninth time he had had such a phone call...and was more than a little pissed off. He is easily the most hated man in British football so it might well have been.

We're all human can be tipped over the edge. All we were given is what the poster wanted us to hear in the call. Who knows what was said before.

He's put himself in this position but I couldn't imagine being the hate figure that he is and what defensive stace I would take.
Fair point but I think after I'd had maybe 3-4 abusive calls i'd have changed my number, it's easy these days:greengrin

Dunbar Hibee
04-02-2011, 02:31 AM

Who cares if its hypothetical or not, he is talking about rapeing a 1 year old girl...

Sylar
04-02-2011, 09:28 AM

Of course I have - who hasn't gone a little Cnl. Nathan Jessop at something :greengrin

However, even once someone loses the plot, the content of their rant surely gives you an insight into their character with the diatribe which is produced?

Threatening to rape people isn't something a normal, well balanced individual is likely to do, hypothetical or otherwise.

I wouldn't be surprised if that WAS the first such call he has ever received, but surely you would either change your number or stop answering the phone - he almost sounded like he gets off on those type of calls (objection your honour, speculation!)