PDA

View Full Version : When the Fertz hit the Skidz!

E.T. is a Hibee
03-02-2011, 08:02 PM
I believe that it is coming and when it does watch how quickly things turn ugly!

With Webster and "the Refugee" re-signing speaks volumes for the clubs integrity!

They are way way over rated and the bubble is close to bursting!

C'mom the Hibees!

Captain Trips
03-02-2011, 08:09 PM
I believe that it is coming and when it does watch how quickly things turn ugly!

With Webster and "the Refugee" re-signing speaks volumes for the clubs integrity!

C'mom the Hibees!

I think we really need to look at our own club and make sure its doing ok, I have been reading on here for years that Hearts are about to burst, facts are they havent and our football team has, for me I will wait until Hibs are on a far far better footing before having a good laugh at Hearts. As of now its not very funny.

Jim44
03-02-2011, 08:09 PM

C'mom the Hibees!

Here we go. Don't hold your breath, I'm afraid they're in it for the long haul. They've won 3rd place already, their 'prodigals' are back and Romanov is not in the picture. Seek pleasure and satisfaction in the new fortunes of HFC. :wink:

Houchy
03-02-2011, 08:20 PM

C'mom the Hibees!

LTYF:agree:

Reaper
03-02-2011, 08:22 PM
I'd rather Hibs progressed than that lot hit the skids cos then we can beat them whilst they're still allegedly the big team. **** the Hearts, support the Hibs.

Sammy7nil
03-02-2011, 08:26 PM

C'mom the Hibees!

Based on what exactly ?
We would haveboth those players in our team

I'm_cabbaged
03-02-2011, 08:28 PM

Defo.

:troll:

E.T. is a Hibee
03-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Based on what exactly ?
We would haveboth those players in our team

One left cause his manager got the sack for being pashed all the time, the other one tried to engineer a move while still under contract and had to be settled in one of the highest courts in the land.

Both if these trumpets know what Vlad is all about yet still re-signed! But it's O.K. Fat Jim's back and they've won a few!!!

Personally I'm pissed the CC showed an interest!

E.T. is a Hibee
03-02-2011, 08:34 PM

LTYF right back at ya!

lyonhibs
03-02-2011, 08:53 PM

C'mom the Hibees!

When??

For some folk, it's been "just around the corner" for 3 years. That's quite a straight road they're on!!!!

sleeping giant
03-02-2011, 09:32 PM

Defo.

I'm sure an admin has vouched for the accused poster in the past :na na:

Wakeyhibee
03-02-2011, 09:33 PM

C'mom the Hibees!

You must have a lot of time on yer hands, i'd be more intested in the events at ER tbh..

sleeping giant
03-02-2011, 09:33 PM
When??

For some folk, it's been "just around the corner" for 3 years. That's quite a straight road they're on!!!!

:agree:

You won't find many Hearts fans complaining about their position.

The_Todd
03-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Aye, signing two players who would waltz into our first eleven is a sure sign their bubbles bursting alright.

Cropley10
03-02-2011, 09:51 PM
I'd rather Hibs progressed than that lot hit the skids cos then we can beat them whilst they're still allegedly the big team. **** the Hearts, support the Hibs.

This /\

greenlex
03-02-2011, 09:58 PM
It won't burst but it will deflate slowly as they die a slow death.

Jonnyboy
03-02-2011, 10:01 PM

He ain't no Jambo

Defo.

He ain't no Jambo

I'm sure an admin has vouched for the accused poster in the past :na na:

Don't think Admin have SG but I have because I know ET personally

As I said the last time I confirmed his Hibbyness I accept absolutely no responsibility for his haverings :greengrin

Perspective
03-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Hearts enjoy bigger crowds, so their turnover should be greater than ours.

They have more sellable assets than us and get good money for those they move on.

So - irrespective of the debt, it makes sense that they can pay more for players.

Doesn't mean we can't compete. We just have to be more imaginative with our scouting and continue to bring through kids like Callum Booth and Paul Hanlon.

Jonnyboy
03-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Haha... He's about to become my son's brother in law.And ive driven him through to Hampden with the kids on a few occasions..:wink:

Then you'll understand my disclaimer :greengrin

Jonnyboy
03-02-2011, 10:21 PM
:greengrin... He's actually hilarious without realising it .. But stomped off after about 20 mins of the Maribor game cos he just couldn't take it.. :greengrin

Indeed :greengrin

BEEJ
03-02-2011, 10:27 PM
Strange how you can one can get things so wrong sometimes. I've done it myself on the odd occasion :wink:
Never!! :no way:

:cool2:

Basildon Hibs
03-02-2011, 11:12 PM
:agree:

You won't find many Hearts fans complaining about their position.

You will when UEFA's new finance rules come into play and, if the Yams do finish in a Euro qualifying position, they won't be allowed to play in it because their outgoings are greater than their income. :thumbsup::na na:

CropleyWasGod
03-02-2011, 11:22 PM
You will when UEFA's new finance rules come into play and, if the Yams do finish in a Euro qualifying position, they won't be allowed to play in it because their outgoings are greater than their income. :thumbsup::na na:

So were ours last season, and probably this season too.

Pete
03-02-2011, 11:39 PM

Long time no see:thumbsup:

I think this rule is going to hit a lot of teams, especially down south who seem to be gambling by spending big and hoping that their elevated status will see them safe.
Up here I think hearts will suffer more than us and we will find ourselves on a more level playing field.
Sure, we might be spending more than we get from football related sources but I think Hearts' ratio of football related income to spending is far greater than ours. They simply can't go on paying players wages that they do if if these rules are enforced.
The real winners would be the Old Firm who would lord-it due to their gate money but artificially propped-up teams like Hearts would be taken down a peg or two.

Every cloud!

hibsforeurope
04-02-2011, 08:14 AM

I might be wrong but i'm sure FIFA/UEFA still allow clubs to rack up/carry a debt of around £39M. If this is the case surely this would not effect Hertz that much. It seems to be aimed at the big spending English and Spanish clubs.

Viva_Palmeiras
04-02-2011, 08:18 AM
Thought this was gonna be another song thread

When the hearts hit the skidz
All the hibbees'll be delghted

Apologies to adamson rip Jonson et al

RIP
04-02-2011, 08:25 AM
Good to see I'm not the only one who doesn't give a stuff about the Yams

I can honestly say that if I didn't see threads on Hibs.Net I wouldnae even know they existed - other than a couple of SPL games a year

They are owned by a multi-millionaire - cannae see him bothering his backside about £30m debt

Jones28
04-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Concentrate on the fortunes of Hibs, who cares when the ***** hits the fan in Gorgie? We've got a new stand to shield us from it :agree::greengrin:flag:

Phil D. Rolls
04-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Sooty and Sweep and the Case of PC Gonmad

by FLD Rolls (12 and 3/4)

http://i2.cdnds.net/10/47/550w_showbiz_ds_icons_matthew_corbett_4.jpg

Matthew: What's that Sooty? Hearts are still in business despite their massive debts? You thought they wouldn't exist any more? Neither did I, it's a mystery.

Sue: Matthew, I think that it's all the fault of Mr Petrie, he knows nothing about sums and he blames his mistakes on other people.

Sweep: Squeak squeak squeak.

Matthew: Now now sweep, no one ever said they had 400,000 fans that would bankroll them to the Champions League final and it's not racist to call players refugees there's a simple explanation just like the fact you are darker than the other puppets and are also stupider, not racist don't ever say that....Sooty, what are you doing with that water pistol....sweep put down that can of mace....

Sue: Ha, ha Matthew, the little squirts got you there!!

truehibernian
04-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Come 2012/13 season, Romanov is either going to have to take a big hit financially and cover the losses, or Hearts will have to cut their cloth accordingly and start selling those on high salaries or long contracts. The fair play regulations kick in, assuming of course that Hearts get into Europe thereafter.......be very interesting to see his commitment to the club from that season onwards. As will it be interesting for all SPL clubs.

Hibee87
04-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Come 2012/13 season, Romanov is either going to have to take a big hit financially and cover the losses, or Hearts will have to cut their cloth accordingly and start selling those on high salaries or long contracts. The fair play regulations kick in, assuming of course that Hearts get into Europe thereafter.......be very interesting to see his commitment to the club from that season onwards. As will it be interesting for all SPL clubs.

TH, Do yo uhave any links to the mentioned fair play regualtions? I have read bits and bobs abotu it but I dont know the exact details? just wondering if this is goign to affected anyone or as usuall some loophole will be there to cover the big teams

E.T. is a Hibee
04-02-2011, 01:03 PM
:greengrin... He's actually hilarious without realising it .. But stomped off after about 20 mins of the Maribor game cos he just couldn't take it.. :greengrin

I had to head off cause some blind chap was in my seat so I sat in a diff one, I then got asked to move so I sat in another one and got asked to move agian! Then I looked up seen Yogi spraffing his pash and then seen Hart fartin about with the ball and I thought I would rather go to the chippy!

One my way out I got called an arse though!

truehibernian
04-02-2011, 01:05 PM
TH, Do yo uhave any links to the mentioned fair play regualtions? I have read bits and bobs abotu it but I dont know the exact details? just wondering if this is goign to affected anyone or as usuall some loophole will be there to cover the big teams

The basics are really that from that season onwards, anyone involved in any Euro competition must , I think over a three or four season period, break even or make a rigorous attempt at breaking even at the end of each season. It means that clubs will have to perhaps renegotiate contracts down the way, maybe by taking away things like win bonus' and playing certain number of games bonus.

Hibs are in the perfect position to comply, should we reach the dizzy heights of Europe of course. That said, we do rely on player sales to break even or make profit. This will either continue, or we take a hit ourselves. A reduced playing staff, which CC has hinted at purely for footballing purposes, will also be good economically obviously.

Keith_M
04-02-2011, 01:06 PM
What's that expression again?

"More in hope than expectation".

Yep, that about sums it up.

truehibernian
04-02-2011, 01:07 PM
In fact, there you go....as recently as this week

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/9384289.stm

CropleyWasGod
04-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Slight ambiguity in there, I think....

teams in European competitions must break even over a rolling three-year period

Those clubs will only be allowed to incur losses of around £39m over any three-season period.

The two don't go. However, if one inserts the words "in any one season" after £39m, it makes more sense.

Keith_M
04-02-2011, 01:12 PM
In fact, there you go....as recently as this week

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/9384289.stm

What a Cop Out! How exactly is it a "break even" regulation if clubs are allowed to lose 13 million every season?

Oh and bang goes the theory that this affects Hearts in any way.

CropleyWasGod
04-02-2011, 01:13 PM
What a Cop Out! How exactly is it a "break even" regulation if clubs are allowed to lose 13 million every season?

See my interpretation above.

truehibernian
04-02-2011, 01:18 PM

I think the Beeb article is very ambiguously written mate and doesn't quite grasp the concept that Platini and UEFA want/are putting in place.

It's a complicated document, but basically each club will be risk assessed, and their own debt to salary levels looked at and a judgement will be made. The figures quoted in that article are the starting point, but UEFA want clubs to prove break even in a five to six year timescale. I suppose the saying is you have to start somewhere, and by allowing the rolling period, you are giving clubs like Man City and Chelsea some time to get their house in order.

The actual plans are quite tough, but will take a little time to filter in.

Keith_M
04-02-2011, 01:20 PM
I think the Beeb article is very ambiguously written mate and doesn't quite grasp the concept that Platini and UEFA want/are putting in place.

It's a complicated document, but basically each club will be risk assessed, and their own debt to salary levels looked at and a judgement will be made. The figures quoted in that article are the starting point, but UEFA want clubs to prove break even in a five to six year timescale. I suppose the saying is you have to start somewhere, and by allowing the rolling period, you are giving clubs like Man City and Chelsea some time to get their house in order.

The actual plans are quite tough, but will take a little time to filter in.

Fair enough, thanks.

I hope, then, that IS what they do.

truehibernian
04-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Oh, and I think figures wise, the leeway amounts are going to be reduced in £10 million pound bundles......i.e 3 year allowance of £38 million, then a 3 year period of £28.....etc etc......but as I said, each and every club are going to be individually assessed on their current debt to salary levels. Hearts are not really in a terrific position to comply.

Diclonius
04-02-2011, 02:11 PM
It's infuriating that they spend all this money they don't have, and the bank are doing absolutely nothing about it.

CropleyWasGod
04-02-2011, 02:22 PM
It's infuriating that they spend all this money they don't have, and the bank are doing absolutely nothing about it.

The bank being UKIO Bankas.

Why would they?

jacomo
04-02-2011, 04:43 PM
I'm not sure the UEFA fair play regulations will make much difference here - there are ways to cook the books to show that you are breaking even.

But Hearts do still have too intractable problems - a mountain of debt, and a stadium that is barely fit for purpose. They don't look like being able to address either of them and some day - no, probably not soon, but some day - one or both of these issues will bite them on the *rse.

Not much point predicting when that will be, but it seems inevitable at some point.

Phil D. Rolls
04-02-2011, 05:59 PM

Bankers, grrrrr!!!!! First they screw the economy, then they let Hearts away with murder. Where's it going to end, banks owning football clubs and picking the team?????? Grrrr, why I oughta!!!!! Petrie!!!!! :grr::grr:

:greengrin