PDA

View Full Version : New signings

BigBamba
03-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Due to other commitments I haven't been able to make the games recently but I was wondering what everyone's opinions of the new signings are?

Sorry if there is another similar thread.

GGTTH! :thumbsup:

Reaper
03-02-2011, 08:10 PM
1. Towell - Looks a good prospect, seems quite steady and level headed for a young boy, gets forward, seems to defend well and uses the ball well. Quite impressed with him so far but as he's young I'd expect the odd mistake, hopefully not the scale of his backpass against Rangers but he's still better than what we had.

2. Victor Palsson - Very Impressed on Sunday when I saw him, seems to get about the park well, tough tackling, uses the ball well and seems to be a winner. Wasn't at the game last night as I was ill but heard he was immense. I know a few folk from Liverpool and also saw comments from LFC tv last night and it seems they rated him down there. Great prospect, worried about the fatc hhe's only on an 18 month deal.

3. Divis - Never seen him but heard he's quite good.

4. Sodje - Jury's out I'm afraid, positive comments last night and his link up/hold up play is good, however his goalscoring prowess may prove his undoing. But if he keeps making goals for others he'll be a welcome addition.

5. Thornhill - Impressed with what I've seen so far and bearing in mind he's been injured for a while so the best is yet to come. Forest fans rated him and I remember they're promotion season and for a young lad he was awesome. Hopefully he'll progress in a Hibs shirt.

6. Martin Scott - Not sure to be honest, great energy and will to win but how skilled he is I'm unsure. Looked a bit hot headed last Sunday and the first Derby he plays I'll have a fiver on him to see Red but he's came with a decent reputation and hopefully he'll progress and fill Ian Murray's shoes, who I think sadly, is nearing the end with Hibs.

Purehibee_MYB
03-02-2011, 08:12 PM
Palsson's a real player great in the tackle and gets his head up and looks to distribute...very promising indeed

Thornhill has some great aspects to his game, was impressive when he got stuck into 3 tackles in a row and set up a hibs chance, but is still looking like he needs match practice

Towell looks great, willing to get forward, got a great throw and haven't seen much wrong with his defensive abilities

Sodje looks good at holding up the ball, but his shots need a lot of improvement...but like Thornhill he could do with some match practice

Only saw Scott on TV but looked really up for it and also looks like he could bring a bit of fire to the midfield...hopefully won't be ill for the next game...

Haven't seen Divis yet so we'll have to see

The Hurricane
03-02-2011, 08:20 PM
based on last nights game. Towell 7 Thornhill 7 Sodge 6 PALSSON 9 ON Sunday tv
Scott 8 so all in all very good

sahib
03-02-2011, 08:49 PM
1. Towell - Looks a good prospect, seems quite steady and level headed for a young boy, gets forward, seems to defend well and uses the ball well. Quite impressed with him so far but as he's young I'd expect the odd mistake, hopefully not the scale of his backpass against Rangers but he's still better than what we had.

2. Victor Palsson - Very Impressed on Sunday when I saw him, seems to get about the park well, tough tackling, uses the ball well and seems to be a winner. Wasn't at the game last night as I was ill but heard he was immense. I know a few folk from Liverpool and also saw comments from LFC tv last night and it seems they rated him down there. Great prospect, worried about the fatc hhe's only on an 18 month deal.

3. Divis - Never seen him but heard he's quite good.

4. Sodje - Jury's out I'm afraid, positive comments last night and his link up/hold up play is good, however his goalscoring prowess may prove his undoing. But if he keeps making goals for others he'll be a welcome addition.

5. Thornhill - Impressed with what I've seen so far and bearing in mind he's been injured for a while so the best is yet to come. Forest fans rated him and I remember they're promotion season and for a young lad he was awesome. Hopefully he'll progress in a Hibs shirt.

6. Martin Scott - Not sure to be honest, great energy and will to win but how skilled he is I'm unsure. Looked a bit hot headed last Sunday and the first Derby he plays I'll have a fiver on him to see Red but he's came with a decent reputation and hopefully he'll progress and fill Ian Murray's shoes, who I think sadly, is nearing the end with Hibs.

Sodje was the signing that made the most difference last night.

frazeHFC
03-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Towell - Looks comfortable, he and Booth give us the first sense of attack from the full backs since the Murphy/Whittaker era.

Scott - Not really seen him but looks pretty decent from the Arabs game.

Thornhill - Apart from a few overhit passes he was great last night. Looks a real box-to-box player unlike De Graaf. :na na:

Palsson - Fantastic, great tackling when in ours and their half. Will be hard to hold on to but a real great player, tall and fast.

Sodje - Needs shooting practice to be quite honest. :cool2: But his strength, control and power was fantastic to see.

hiberactive
03-02-2011, 09:28 PM
I think Petrie should get Palsson on a longer,more lucrative deal if the first two games are anything to go by as i would imagine the old firm and other teams will start sniffing if he keeps up that level of performance.The guy was man of the match last night by a country mile,long may it continue.

sleeping giant
03-02-2011, 09:40 PM
I've not seen Divis or Scott in the flesh !

Towell is looking very very good. Twice i've seen him and he is our best full back since Murphy and he's not even ours :greengrin

I was very impressed with Palsson. Hard to believe he is only 19:top marks

Sodje looked decent. Don't know how good a finisher he is but he puts himself about.

Thornhill didnt look out of place but i think we will see much more from him.

All in all , they look magic :greengrin

sleeping giant
03-02-2011, 09:41 PM
I've not seen Divis or Scott in the flesh !

Towell is looking very very good. Twice i've seen him and he is our best full back since Murphy and he's not even ours :greengrin

I was very impressed with Palsson. Hard to believe he is only 19:top marks

Sodje looked decent. Don't know how good a finisher he is but he puts himself about.

Thornhill didnt look out of place but i think we will see much more from him.

All in all , they look magic :greengrin

Towell - Looks comfortable, he and Booth give us the first sense of attack from the full backs since the Murphy/Whittaker era.

Scott - Not really seen him but looks pretty decent from the Arabs game.

Thornhill - Apart from a few overhit passes he was great last night. Looks a real box-to-box player unlike De Graaf. :na na:

Palsson - Fantastic, great tackling when in ours and their half. Will be hard to hold on to but a real great player, tall and fast.

Sodje - Needs shooting practice to be quite honest. :cool2: But his strength, control and power was fantastic to see.

:greengrin
Great minds an that .

Hibee Daz
03-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Does anybody know how bad Martin Scotts injury is?
He got clattered against Utd right on the knee, it looked a right dull one and I'm surmising he didn't play last night as a precaution.(Hopefully)

The Hurricane
03-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Does anybody know how bad Martin Scotts injury is?
He got clattered against Utd right on the knee, it looked a right dull one and I'm surmising he didn't play last night as a precaution.(Hopefully)
Only a sickness bug

Reaper
03-02-2011, 10:28 PM

Good stuff.

frazeHFC
03-02-2011, 10:36 PM
:greengrin
Great minds an that .

Yeah, i agree, although my superior intelligence is shown by the more in depth analysis. ;)

Sir David Gray
03-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Divis-Don't know.

Towell-Impressive, very good going forward and apart from his slack backpass that gifted Rangers a goal last week, has looked good in defence as well.

Scott-Looked decent against Dundee Utd, didn't play last night.

Thornhill-Looked ok last night but is just returning from injury so needs time.

Palsson-Potentially a great signing for Hibs and could be a huge player for us next season.

Sodje-Think he will be a good team player, linking the play well and creating chances for other players. Don't see him scoring many goals, based on last night.

steakbake
04-02-2011, 12:30 AM
Haven't seen Divis, but i think those i have seen look like they will do a good job for us. Sodje is physical, set up the 1st with a clever header on which showed great awareness. Pallson looks solid, quick and a real find. Towell has done well. Havent seen enough of thornhill or scott but its too early to tell anyway for them all.

sesoim
04-02-2011, 01:31 AM

Yip, the three players we needed most were a target man, a workhorse in midfield and a reliable organizer in defence. We got two, I'm still concerned we haven't signed a CB though.

A target man like Sodje, even if he isn't the best, will make a big difference to Riordan - as some of us have been saying for at least a couple of years.:wink:

The Falcon
04-02-2011, 07:47 AM
I think Petrie should get Palsson on a longer,more lucrative deal if the first two games are anything to go by as i would imagine the old firm and other teams will start sniffing if he keeps up that level of performance.The guy was man of the match last night by a country mile,long may it continue.

I am told we offered him a longer deal initially but it was he (his agent) who wanted it to be 18 months. This would suggest that he (his agent) knows that he is good and wants him to be free to move at that time. On the showings already he will be out of even the old firms league by the time his contracts up.

Lets get the best out of him while he's here.

hibsforeurope
04-02-2011, 08:50 AM
Good stuff.

You should really get to games before making comment on players :greengrin

Hibee Daz
04-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Only a sickness bug

Phew, cheers for the response buddy.:aok:

Reaper
04-02-2011, 08:34 PM
You should really get to games before making comment on players :greengrin

No ma fault a wis ill. No me that gave up ma ST to go chasing an egg around a field on a Saturday. PC. :devil:

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-02-2011, 09:15 PM
Don't want to put a downer on things but I have seen enough so far in both Thornhill and Palsson to convince me that once they get fitter and into their stride, they won't be with us long term. A bit like when I first saw Murphs and just knew he was a wee bit too good for us. But if the aforementioned two pan out anything like DM I will be double chuffed.

hibsbollah
04-02-2011, 09:26 PM
From the TV...

Sodje looks better than Nish
Thornhill looks better than De Graff
Palson looks better than Rankin
Booth is miles better than Hart
Towell is better than Grounds

5/5 so far.

The Hurricane
04-02-2011, 10:55 PM
Don't want to put a downer on things but I have seen enough so far in both Thornhill and Palsson to convince me that once they get fitter and into their stride, they won't be with us long term. A bit like when I first saw Murphs and just knew he was a wee bit too good for us. But if the aforementioned two pan out anything like DM I will be double chuffed.
Lets just see what happens first and make sure these players dig us out of the mess we are in now but you are probably right

Hiber-nation
04-02-2011, 11:33 PM
Palsson could be our best signing since Murphy. Or even better.

RIP
27-01-2012, 05:06 PM
Wonder what happened? :confused:

R'Albin
27-01-2012, 05:11 PM
my superior intelligence is shown :rotflmao:

frazeHFC
27-01-2012, 05:38 PM
:rotflmao:

Oi! :cb

Hiber-nation
28-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Palsson could be our best signing since Murphy. Or even better.

I meant John Murphy the reserve player from the early 70s :wink: