PDA

View Full Version : weekend break!!...

Leithenhibby
03-02-2011, 07:49 PM
I'm trying to get my head round the fact that we don't have a game this weekend and wondering if it's a good thing or not :confused:

Having enjoyed the game last night so much I champing at the bit to see my beloved team in action..

I know that one swallow doesn't make a summer and all that jazz but, I'm thinking whether it's a good thing that we have the break, or a bad thing.. (a) it will give the players longer to try things in training and become boos-om buddies or, (b) that it's too long a break that they forget what to do :greengrin

As I say I just want some more of last night please :thumbsup:

Reaper
03-02-2011, 07:59 PM
I'm trying to get my head round the fact that we don't have a game this weekend and wondering if it's a good thing or not :confused:

Having enjoyed the game last night so much I champing at the bit to see my beloved team in action..

I know that one swallow doesn't make a summer and all that jazz but, I'm thinking whether it's a good thing that we have the break, or a bad thing.. (a) it will give the players longer to try things in training and become boos-om buddies or, (b) that it's too long a break that they forget what to do :greengrin

As I say I just want some more of last night please :thumbsup:

It's a bit of a *****r to be honest as we might have got some momentum especially had it been another home game. However, it's maybe not a bad thing to give CC a week to work with the players and allow the new players to settle as after the weekend break it's a big few weeks with Killie & ICT at home, both I'd say winnable games and St Mirren away, another 6 pointer, but winnable game and I think the re-arranged game with Hamilton might be sandwiched in there somewhere.

Sammy7nil
03-02-2011, 08:12 PM
I was surprised to hear CC say the players were getting 3 days off Fri - Sunday back in on Monday.

I would have thought it was great oppotunity to get together team bonding etc maybe 2 days off.

Suppose it will give the new players time to move in and settle to the new City.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Going down to York on Sat to take part in drunken activities, quite looking forward to it! :-)

Hibs90
03-02-2011, 11:01 PM
Will miss the Killie game aswell due to a stag do :boo hoo: Wish we had a game this weekend.

bob12345
04-02-2011, 10:09 AM
Well if anyone's at a loose end and fancies going and reporting on a youth game give me a PM!

greenlex
05-02-2011, 12:04 AM
I was surprised to hear CC say the players were getting 3 days off Fri - Sunday back in on Monday.

I would have thought it was great oppotunity to get together team bonding etc maybe 2 days off.

Suppose it will give the new players time to move in and settle to the new City.

I have heard he is really hammering them at training. A few days off will do them the world of good. Back on Monday fresh for the weeks preperation. :agree:

greenlex
05-02-2011, 12:06 AM
Well if anyone's at a loose end and fancies going and reporting on a youth game give me a PM!
I was gonna take in Forth V Aberdeen 1999's tommorow at Blantyre but its off. :rolleyes:

bob12345
05-02-2011, 01:14 AM
I was gonna take in Forth V Aberdeen 1999's tommorow at Blantyre but its off. :rolleyes:

Pretty much only 3Gs will be going ahead this weekend!