PDA

View Full Version : Will CC keep tinkering?

Bob Box Fish
03-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Given the great result last night do we expect CC to stick with the same team for the weekend or keep tinkering? I hope he does, only change would maybe to bring Scott back in?

Thoughts?

SRHibs
03-02-2011, 06:40 PM
Not much point messing with a winning team. Maybe bring Scott into CM and push Murray back into the centre of defence?

Zazu62
03-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Yeh Scott for me also, as long as Hart,Smith,Mcbride,Rankin stay away from his thought process ill be a happy Hibee

:agree::thumbsup:

Andy74
03-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Murray out and Scott in. Murray misses two games after next anyway.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Unlless ir is not possible, we have to pick the same bodies. Where suspensions kick in, we should at least try to keep the same shape.

archiebald
03-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Colin Calderwood is manager let him get on with it ! Its his neck :flag:

sahib
03-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Colin Calderwood is manager let him get on with it ! Its his neck :flag:

This is a novel attitude for a supporter. Did you post this for Yogi, Mixu etc?

Sammy7nil
03-02-2011, 07:07 PM
If he does it will prove he has lost it :greengrin

archiebald
03-02-2011, 07:07 PM
This is a novel attitude for a supporter. Did you post this for Yogi, Mixu etc?
Novel - Its his job-if he tinkers so what He never had anything to lose till last-night

sahib
03-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Novel - Its his job-if he tinkers so what He never had anything to lose till last-night

I have not seen this attitude on here before. Well maybe when Mcleish was manager

BEEJ
03-02-2011, 07:20 PM
Given the great result last night do we expect CC to stick with the same team for the weekend or keep tinkering? I hope he does, only change would maybe to bring Scott back in?

Thoughts?
Now that he's brought in half a dozen of his own players they are likely to feature regularly.

That alone ought to bring some relative stability to team selection.

davehiby
03-02-2011, 07:29 PM
i never had a problem with his 'tinkering' with half a season to go the man is fully justified to see who is up to the task...you may say why can't he see this in training,but to my mind you will only gauge someones abilities (physical and mental) in real game time.if a new manager came into your or my work i certainly would like a decent crack of the whip to show what i am made of..he's found out who's wanting and shown them the door ,i can see it as only fair.also a lot has been said on here about player attitude the only way a manager would find out who the bad guys are is to have a bit of patience and find that out themselves, which means an all round view of each indiviual .we see who has gone and do we think he has punted the right players?to me last night game was night and day compared with a long time of inept lethargic displays....now only time will tell
ggthh :flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Carheenlea
03-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Calderwood will surely now have a firm opinion of what his preferred starting 11 is now. He has chopped and changed the squad and team so he must by now have thoroughly assessed the squad, and by bringing in certain types of players he has identified the weaknesses he, and all of us have painfully seen this season.

Time to play a settled team, with maybe the odd tactical change, but with a crucial month and beyond looming, the tinkering has to finally stop.

Reaper
03-02-2011, 07:53 PM
I'm not fussed if he does tinker, I'd expect a manager to tinker where and when tactics and opposition dictate, a strategy that any good manager would/should employ.

For the next game, however I'd expect it to be the same team, maybe other than Murray for Scott.

Hibs07p
03-02-2011, 08:10 PM
I don't think CC was too concerned about results in January, he knew the games we had to win were in February and March. Our season started against Dundee United, with some of his own players in the team. OK we got beat 3-0, but the difference was evident with a midfield that were hungry, tracked back to help the defence, swept forward to help the forwards. We done what had to be done last night, his signings will play or on the bench, the imposters will be out the door, the current players that want to be here will survive, through their attitude in training, and performances on the park. I don't see too much tinkering in the future.

Keith_M
03-02-2011, 08:38 PM

Thoughts?

What difference does it make? There's NO game this weekend :wink:

StevieC
03-02-2011, 08:40 PM
Thoughts?

I hope so, that's his job.

:agree:

ancient hibee
03-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Think there is a huge difference between training and playing.It seems to be the main reason Rangers didn't keep Webster despite being short of cover in central defence.Webster could not cope with strain of playing in a team where every match has to be won.

Keith_M
03-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Think there is a huge difference between training and playing.It seems to be the main reason Rangers didn't keep Webster despite being short of cover in central defence.Webster could not cope with strain of playing in a team where every match has to be won.

Wrong thread, perhaps?

billbee
03-02-2011, 08:48 PM
Think CC will soon find a balanced and settled team that will grow in confidence together and learn each others strengths and weaknesses. He has had to chop and change due to the contract situation with the existing players, however I cant wait to see the new keeper, heard he is good!

GreenCastle
03-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Think next game it will be the same team except Murray out due to suspension and Scott in :agree:

Unless there were any injuries picked up or someone is ill.

Possibly the 1st time this season we play the same team twice in a row :confused:

ScottB
03-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Those who were on the pitch last night should be rewarded with a run in the team were possible, players should know that if they do well, they will play and vice versa. Randomly dropping guys who did well could damage our presumably still fragile confidence.

I would expect Booth, Towell, Hanlon, Pallson, Sodje and Riordan to play every week if available and presumably Thornhill and Scott as well.

snooky
04-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Given the great result last night do we expect CC to stick with the same team for the weekend or keep tinker-ing? I hope he does, only change would maybe to bring Scott back in?

Thoughts?

Do you no' mean Neil Lennon?