PDA

View Full Version : Throw in's

Billychaotic182
03-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Dont want to put a damper on what was a great night last night but was anyone else wondering why we still cant seem to take a good throw in? I mean there were a good few times were Booth stood there for ages looking for someone and 9/10 times we lost the ball. Its so basic yet is seems like we have not been good at them for a number of years now. Just a thought as it was doing my nut in last night watching Booth looking lost when he had one.

truehibernian
03-02-2011, 02:51 PM
It's been a huge bug bear of mine for a number of seasons, but to be honest, since the signings have come in they have improved markedly, especially with Towell having a potent throw.

100% agree with you though. The movement is poor and we are generally too slow to take a quick throw or keep the oppostion full back on the back foot. Last night there was one in particular that should have been taken quick but Murray left it for Towell and Wotherspoon, when the ball that was on was Murray to quickly get it to Sodje who was shouting for it to be played quick.

Last night they won more knock on's and possession though which was encouraging. The wee annoying thing for me last night re set pieces was the failed short corners......never ever see the need for them to be honest, especially after defences are set up i.e if they are on before everyone is set up fair enough. Better though to get quick, zipped in deliveries.

IanM
03-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Noticed Towell can throw it some length but we're not a team to be scoring from corners so pushing the bost out if you think we're scoring from a throw in..:wink:

point taken tho - we really need to improv on the movement

IanM
03-02-2011, 03:49 PM
pushing the boat out even!!

down the slope
03-02-2011, 03:50 PM
I noticed the throw ins were terrible last night-it's been happening as long as i can remember bur surely the coaching staff could work on things like this, every team that comes to ER has movement and the ball thrown to feet but not us, we throw it at a players throat and hope for the best.

cad
03-02-2011, 05:37 PM
One of the things that infuriates me with Hibs and has done for many many years .:grr:

Kaiser1962
03-02-2011, 05:45 PM
One of the things that infuriates me with Hibs and has done for many many years .:grr:

many, many years.

coco22
03-02-2011, 05:56 PM
i remember one of the first rants i heard in the east as a lad was 'yooz need tae ******* move aboot' every time we had a throw in - that was 20+ years ago and we've still not mastered them! not worry though, who cares...everything is green in the garden again after last night

cad
03-02-2011, 06:24 PM
many, many years.

More than that in fact :wink:

Wing Half
03-02-2011, 06:26 PM
George McLuskey was the king at the throw in. He'd go towards the thrower taking the marker with him. Thrower would lob it over both whilst George did a 180 and moved toward the goals with the ball under control. Simple and very effective.

Jim44
03-02-2011, 07:31 PM
This genetic weakness has never been addressed by our coaches. It's quite baffling and stands out like sore thumb.

Peevemor
03-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Steve Archibald always made late runs to 'show' himself for throw-ins. :agree:

LaMotta
03-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Steve Archibald always made late runs to 'show' himself for throw-ins. :agree:

Boozy was one player who could retain possession from a throw in 95 percent of the time.