PDA

View Full Version : Bounce Game

archiebald
03-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Is this game still on ? Any rumours who is on trial :confused:

Franck is God
03-02-2011, 12:50 PM
According to CC's interview after the match last night there would be a game for those not involved and I suppose to run the rule over any trialists at the club too.

Not heard any names yet although another thread suggests that Jeremy Alliadierre may be one of them.

Cocaine&Caviar
03-02-2011, 01:05 PM
Any idea if McCann will be fit for this?

Brooster
03-02-2011, 01:32 PM
According to CC's interview after the match last night there would be a game for those not involved and I suppose to run the rule over any trialists at the club too.

Not heard any names yet although another thread suggests that Jeremy Alliadierre may be one of them.

He is defo playing.

Monktonhall 7
03-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Are we able to go along and watch or is it behind closed doors?

Mikey
03-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Are we able to go along and watch or is it behind closed doors?

As far as I'm aware they're so keen to keep prying eyes away that they switched the kick off time today.

You would not be welcome :greengrin

GloryGlory
03-02-2011, 01:53 PM
As far as I'm aware they're so keen to keep prying eyes away that they switched the kick off time today.

You would not be welcome :greengrin

Is this game solely for the benefit of Hibs to look at out-of-contract players or is it a game to showcast the players to a few other clubs as well?

greenlex
03-02-2011, 01:53 PM
I am pretty sure when Calderwood was asked about closed doors games and if folk could go to them his replay was, would folk expect him to hang around your desk at your work, or something along those lines. :greengrin

MacBean
03-02-2011, 02:32 PM
He is defo playing.

Not to sound condescending, however, how do you know?

CRAZYHIBBY
03-02-2011, 02:34 PM

wiki has him down as having signed a 6 month contract with us in order to secure our top flight status??

MacBean
03-02-2011, 02:37 PM
wiki has him down as having signed a 6 month contract with us in order to secure our top flight status??

bit in bold is why I don't believe it :cool2:

YehButNoBut
03-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Somebody on Scotsman saying the Danny Invincible (great name) & Velicka (thought he went to Switzerland) are playing but Webster is not.

The Velicka bit probably means its pi sh. :greengrin

frazeHFC
03-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Would certainly take Aliadiere!

Franck Stanton
03-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Would certainly take Aliadiere!

Why ? He appears to me to be a bit of a waster who is still living of the fact he had a few games for Arsenal way back when. If he was any good dont you think an English team [ lowef half Premiership/Championship side] would have him ?

Jim44
03-02-2011, 03:54 PM

No it doesn't. Somebody who has a bit of sense has removed it.

greenlex
03-02-2011, 04:56 PM
I heard Falkirk had an interesting trialist playing. :greengrin

GreenCastle
03-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Good luck playing today in the gale force winds and rain :greengrin

Petrie's Tache
03-02-2011, 05:01 PM

Who?

greenlex
03-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Who?
They had two ex Hibees in their ranks.

RickyS
03-02-2011, 05:04 PM

do tell !

500miles
03-02-2011, 05:11 PM
Brian Kerr and Ross Chisholm (just a guess like....)

BSEJVT
03-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Brian Kerr and Ross Chisholm (just a guess like....)

Benji?

Sylar
03-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Much less favourable than Benji :greengrin

truehibernian
03-02-2011, 06:11 PM
I see the bounce match was a 2-0 loss....anyone with any news ? Ex Hibernian striker scoring too :agree:

Dirkster23
03-02-2011, 06:11 PM
He is defo playing.

You sure Brooster? Reports have him going to Blackpool for the rest of the season.

Dirkster23
03-02-2011, 06:13 PM
do tell !

Mikey Stewart and Tam McManus.

SRHibs
03-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Why ? He appears to me to be a bit of a waster who is still living of the fact he had a few games for Arsenal way back when. If he was any good dont you think an English team [ lowef half Premiership/Championship side] would have him ?

Just because he isn't good enough for a lower half Prem club/Championship club, doesn't mean he's not good enough for Hibs. Akpo Sodje is a League One reserve and he managed fine yesterday, so I think Aliadière would cope just fine in the SPL.:wink:

2010–11 pre-season found Aliadière training with West Ham with a view to a permanent move to the London club. The deal fell through when he damaged his knee ligaments playing in a reserve game against Crystal Palace.

Quote from the Wiki suggests that it was just an unfortunate injury that stopped him from getting a better move.

Purehibee_MYB
03-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Good luck playing today in the gale force winds and rain :greengrin

They have a big indoor pitch I think at East Mains...so it might have been on there

GreenCastle
03-02-2011, 08:56 PM
They have a big indoor pitch I think at East Mains...so it might have been on there

:confused:

It's a 6v6 or 7v7 shed :greengrin

Unless you mean elsewhere ?

.Sean.
03-02-2011, 09:14 PM
The 'indoor pitch' at EM is smaller than a 5's pitch, so I doubt that very much.

frazeHFC
03-02-2011, 09:19 PM

A lot of pace, exactly what we need, and he can score goals.

sleeping giant
03-02-2011, 09:28 PM
The 'indoor pitch' at EM is smaller than a 5's pitch, so I doubt that very much.

You sure :confused:
Ive been in it and it seemed a lot bigger than a 5's pitch.

Pedantic_Hibee
03-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Any in the know posters know what trialists played?

Here's looking at you, Scoopyboy, Speedway, truehibernian and jdships :cool2:

1two
03-02-2011, 11:08 PM

Na it's bigger than that. Might even be full size. It's the height though, at th edges you can jump and touch the steel from the roof beams

GreenCastle
03-02-2011, 11:30 PM
Na it's bigger than that. Might even be full size. It's the height though, at th edges you can jump and touch the steel from the roof beams

Never full size! :confused:

Removed
03-02-2011, 11:34 PM
Never full size! :confused:

:agree: it's about the same size as a fives pitch at WoF

bob12345
03-02-2011, 11:51 PM
Closer to the 7s pitch at wof/pl

Craigyno1
04-02-2011, 12:01 AM
:agree: it's about the same size as a fives pitch at WoF

Yeah was there with my son's football team not so long ago and a lot of comments from the parents about how small it is. Definately about the size of 5s pitches at WoS, if that!

GreenCastle
04-02-2011, 12:08 AM
Once Hibs sort the team out - a few years down the line the aim has to be a full size indoor pitch at East Mains.

They have plenty of space for it and would help with training during the winter :agree:

Dunbar Hibee
04-02-2011, 12:43 AM
So any idea who the trialists were?

Alex Trager
04-02-2011, 03:04 AM

Most importantly.....

Speedy
04-02-2011, 03:10 AM

Nope but I hear the indoor pitch at EM is somewhere between the size of 'smaller than a 5s pitch' and full size :greengrin

greenlex
04-02-2011, 03:14 AM
There were no trialists in the hibs line up. It may have been down to the weather. There wasn't much point in trying to asses a player in that nonsense.

Davy Mac
04-02-2011, 07:10 AM
Nope but I hear the indoor pitch at EM is somewhere between the size of 'smaller than a 5s pitch' and full size :greengrin

Does it have undersoil heating? :greengrin

MontrealHibs
04-02-2011, 07:30 AM
Jérémie Aliadière is currently in the frame to replace Andy Carroll at Newcastle so I doubt he played or will be signing for us!

poolman
04-02-2011, 07:51 AM
That's about 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back after reading this thread :greengrin

MB62
04-02-2011, 08:33 AM
Once Hibs sort the team out - a few years down the line the aim has to be a full size indoor pitch at East Mains.

They have plenty of space for it and would help with training during the winter :agree:

This is obviously a good idea for frosty conditions but it wouldn't have helped us recently in the heavy snow. The main problem there was players not being able to get out to East Mains.
Maybe Hibs should be looking at building an indoor facility somewhere in the city?

scoopyboy
04-02-2011, 08:35 AM
Any in the know posters know what trialists played?

Here's looking at you, Scoopyboy, Speedway, truehibernian and jdships :cool2:

No trialists played for Hibs, Michael Stewart however played for Falkirk.

Don't know why none for Hibs.

I can't believe it was to do with conditions cos by that time I would have expected the trialists to have arrived.

Mikey
04-02-2011, 08:35 AM
This is obviously a good idea for frosty conditions but it wouldn't have helped us recently in the heavy snow. The main problem there was players not being able to get out to East Mains.
Maybe Hibs should be looking at building an indoor facility somewhere in the city?

What, instead of offering Riordan an extension?

You would be first in the queue for the pitchforks :greengrin

scoopyboy
04-02-2011, 08:36 AM
That's about 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back after reading this thread :greengrin

I suppose you could argue that reading any thread constitutes time of your life that will never be reimbursed.

scoopyboy
04-02-2011, 08:39 AM

Don't disagree with your logic however land prices I would imagine would put paid to that.

If land prices don't come into it then they should have built the whole centre in the city.

Just guessing Mike.

scoopyboy
04-02-2011, 08:41 AM
Jérémie Aliadière is currently in the frame to replace Andy Carroll at Newcastle so I doubt he played or will be signing for us!

Good idea, £35 million banked.

Only flaw is he is nowhere near good enough for that to succeed, Geordies won't accept him as replacement for deposed local hero.

MB62
04-02-2011, 09:37 AM
Don't disagree with your logic however land prices I would imagine would put paid to that.

If land prices don't come into it then they should have built the whole centre in the city.

Just guessing Mike.

What, instead of offering Riordan an extension?

You would be first in the queue for the pitchforks :greengrin

Aye, there was an obvious flaw in that suggestion and the better idea would be to increase the size of the existing one, then we could offer Deeks £10,000 a week and win the S.C. on the money we have saved on not buying hew land :greengrin

keep the faith
04-02-2011, 09:43 AM
No trialists played for Hibs, Michael Stewart however played for Falkirk.

Don't know why none for Hibs.

I can't believe it was to do with conditions cos by that time I would have expected the trialists to have arrived.

Reckon Hibs were looking at Stewart or was he just keeping fit?

Ritchie
04-02-2011, 09:56 AM

:faf::faf:

Thats an even better story than Mikey Stewart being signed by Blackpool to replace Charlie Adam!! :greengrin

easty
04-02-2011, 09:58 AM

I propose Rod sells all the players and builds a 30 flat development for the players and coaches in Edinburgh (on the Meadows), then tunnells go from each house, one to East Mains and one to Easter Road.

No more worries about not being able to train.

Phil D. Rolls
04-02-2011, 11:31 AM

I can't decide if it's smaller than 5 minutes, or about the length of 7 minutes at WoF. :confused:

hibee_nation
04-02-2011, 12:00 PM
After reading this thread i'm still none the wiser. Come on guys some of us have never been to WOF, how big is the bloody pitch. :dizzy:

Jim44
04-02-2011, 12:09 PM
Reckon Hibs were looking at Stewart or was he just keeping fit?

I don't think CC will be interested in Stewart now but I wouldn't be surprised if Vlad, while in forgiving mood, goes after him. The Jambo hatred for him is fresher than it was for Webster but, as we've seen, they are ready to kiss and make up with no pangs of conscience or guilt these days. :greengrin

easty
04-02-2011, 12:19 PM
After reading this thread i'm still none the wiser. Come on guys some of us have never been to WOF, how big is the bloody pitch. :dizzy:

It's about the size of a pitch and putt but smaller than a par 3.

Purehibee_MYB
04-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Really kicked up a fuss about the size of this pitch didn't I? Only speculated from pictures I've seen... I'm no Pitch dimension expert

easty
04-02-2011, 12:25 PM
Really kicked up a fuss about the size of this pitch didn't I? Only speculated from pictures I've seen... I'm no Pitch dimension expert

Now you tell us...:rolleyes:

GreenCastle
04-02-2011, 12:37 PM
Now you tell us...:rolleyes:

:faf:

So no news about the Hibs team playing in the game?

New players didn't fancy the windy weather :wink: So obviously not up for a relegation battle.

truehibernian
04-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Tam McManus scored..............bet wee Tam had a line on too :greengrin

Gatecrasher
04-02-2011, 12:44 PM
I don't think CC will be interested in Stewart now but I wouldn't be surprised if Vlad, while in forgiving mood, goes after him. The Jambo hatred for him is fresher than it was for Webster but, as we've seen, they are ready to kiss and make up with no pangs of conscience or guilt these days. :greengrin

or we pretend to be interested in him, that means Hearts offer him a contract for silly wages, like Barr for example :greengrin

Ernie Cobra
04-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Tam McManus scored..............bet wee Tam had a line or two :greengrin

fixed that ( i must say for legal reasons i dont know if Mr Mcmanus partakes in the consumption of illegal substances, however it may take this thread on a more interesting route):cool2:

truehibernian
04-02-2011, 08:13 PM
fixed that ( i must say for legal reasons i dont know if Mr Mcmanus partakes in the consumption of illegal substances, however it may take this thread on a more interesting route):cool2:

:greengrin perhaps bad use of the word "line".....i was refering to him hopefully having a wee wager on himself to score.

aberhibsfc
07-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Anyone in the know if there has been any progress of any free agents joining us following this bounce game?

MacBean
07-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Anyone in the know if there has been any progress of any free agents joining us following this bounce game?

No Free Agents played in this game. :agree: