PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Aliadiere

SouthMoroccoStu
03-02-2011, 09:32 AM
On another thread says that we've signed him on a 6 month deal?

Any confirmation or news on this?

--------
03-02-2011, 09:46 AM

The Webster thread says WIKIPEDIA says we've signed him on a 6-month deal to help us fight relegation.

WIKI isn't a dependable source and 6 months would take us to the beginning of August.

This suggests the story may well be horse-feathers. :rolleyes:

lapsedhibee
03-02-2011, 09:48 AM
:jamboclow:******:

Cocaine&Caviar
03-02-2011, 09:50 AM
Wikipish

Amit
03-02-2011, 09:53 AM
No way is this going to happen.... I would be amazed if it did...

Plus it looks as though Blackpool are looking to sign him..

CabbageFan
03-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Is this not the guy that only lasted a couple of weeks on loan at celtic a few years back and then got sent back to Arsenal because they didnt want him anymore? :confused:

SouthMoroccoStu
03-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Is this not the guy that only lasted a couple of weeks on loan at celtic a few years back and then got sent back to Arsenal because they didnt want him anymore? :confused:

Sounds ideal for us!:cool2:

jacomo
03-02-2011, 10:20 AM

The fact he came through at Arsenal has given this guy a high profile and lots of chances, but he's really not done it. Seems to lack a striker's instinct or conviction.

cam75
03-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Not for me says on bbc that Motherwell are after him

aberhibsfc
03-02-2011, 11:42 AM
The fact he came through at Arsenal has given this guy a high profile and lots of chances, but he's really not done it. Seems to lack a striker's instinct or conviction.

Yep, tricky one, he hasn't set the heather on fire. DIdn't play at Celtic really so don't know what he'd be like in SPL.

Hardly played for Arsenal, played a bit for Middlesbrough who are probably tested more than us given their time in EPL and now Championship. They didn't have their problems to seek either.

Maybe he'd do well with a fresh start in the SPL, that said though, there's been a few of our players going down to champ and EPL and doing alright, so perhaps his level is below what we would expect.

When I have seen him though he does seem to have pace to burn and his movement tends to be good, just doesn't score many goals. Given that i'd like to see him get a short deal with a club option to extend should he impress. He could maybe provide the legs and movement to allow Derek space.

Can't see him going to Motherwell unless we didn't want him. Despite league placement this season we should always be the more attractive proposition. Better crowds and facilities. I'm not going to get into squads here because it is a work in progress.

Jim44
03-02-2011, 11:50 AM

The Wikipedia entry is clearly a bored Jambo who's probably sitting with his mates laughing at the attention it's getting on this board. By the way is it true they've removed the word 'gullible' from the Oxford dictionary?

aberhibsfc
03-02-2011, 11:56 AM
The Wikipedia entry is clearly a bored Jambo who's probably sitting with his mates laughing at the attention it's getting on this board. By the way is it true they've removed the word 'gullible' from the Oxford dictionary?

Replaced it with J@mbo I believe.

CRAZYHIBBY
04-02-2011, 11:16 PM
Does anyone know if this guy is actually on trial with us?

7Hero
04-02-2011, 11:19 PM
he would require decent wages so no no he is not at hibs

007 Mickey Weir
04-02-2011, 11:43 PM
Do we really need this type of player? Average small striker? We need a decent centre half that's all. Then in summer a good clear out and some quality players like Rooney. I actually don't see us signing anyone until the summer now. It is all about survival.

hibees707070
05-02-2011, 12:29 AM
just heard on sky sports news newcastle linked with him so dont think he will come 2 us! Pish anyway!

marleyhib
05-02-2011, 12:33 AM
just heard on sky sports news newcastle linked with him so dont think he will come 2 us! Pish anyway!

eh?

NOLA
05-02-2011, 01:17 AM
Wages.

hibees707070
05-02-2011, 01:25 AM
eh?

what is so hard to understand about what I said? Seems pretty clear 2 me? :confused::confused:

Franck Stanton
05-02-2011, 01:26 AM
Do we really need this type of player? Average small striker? We need a decent centre half that's all. Then in summer a good clear out and some quality players like Rooney. I actually don't see us signing anyone until the summer now. It is all about survival.

Careful Mickey, I posted more or less the same a few days age and was slaughtered for it.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-02-2011, 08:28 AM
just heard on sky sports news newcastle linked with him so dont think he will come 2 us! Pish anyway!<br />
<br />
The Toon maybe short of options now that the window is shut but if I was a Newcastle fan I would be furious if it looked like they were trying to replace Carroll with this sort. I know that they talk in silly money down south but if NUFC fall out of that league due to lack of goals then even 35 million is chicken feed.

TRC
06-02-2011, 01:44 AM
Don't think lack of goals will be a problem if todays events are anything to go by:greengrin

PeterboroHibee
06-02-2011, 10:36 AM
Really couldnt see him being more than a squad player at Newcastle. They have goals in that team (made clear yesterday), even with Carrolls departure. If Ameobi can stay fit, hes the type of forward that can hold the ball up and create chances for the likes of Nolan (10 goals already), Barton etc. They also have decent back up in Ranger, Lovenkrands and Best.