PDA

View Full Version : Hibs 12th Man: How do you like your Hibees?

Hibs12thMan
03-02-2011, 09:41 AM
On the way to the stadium last night I was talking to a medium. “Rare night its going to be.” she said. How wrong she was, it was well done all round!

Well done the Singing Section, well done the East Stand, well done the Famous Five, well done the West, well done the players.

A lot of folk have wondered what our support, the Hibs 12th Man, would be like when we actually win a game, and more recently even when we score a goal.

Well now we know.

A sub 10,000 crowd had the place rocking on a blustery winters Wednesday night. The whole crowd, the Hibs 12th Man, got behind the whole team and the response from every player in the team made the whole support even more animated in an enthusiastic spiral of excitement.

It was Carlsberg crowd, probably the best crowd at Easter Road for a long time.

To the 2, 3, 4 or five thousand that couldn’t make it. Haste ye back.

When the Hibs are at home being part of the Hibs 12th Man at Easter Road is what you really want to be doing – definitely!

hibbymac
03-02-2011, 09:44 AM
On the way to the stadium last night I was talking to a medium. “Rare night its going to be.” she said. How wrong she was, it was well done all round!

Well done the Singing Section, well done the East Stand, well done the Famous Five, well done the West, well done the players.

A lot of folk have wondered what our support, the Hibs 12th Man, would be like when we actually win a game, and more recently even when we score a goal.

Well now we know.

A sub 10,000 crowd had the place rocking on a blustery winters Wednesday night. The whole crowd, the Hibs 12th Man, got behind the whole team and the response from every player in the team made the whole support even more animated in an enthusiastic spiral of excitement.

When the Hibs are at home being part of the Hibs 12th Man at Easter Road is what you really want to be doing – definitely!

:flag::not worth :not worth :flag:

Future17
03-02-2011, 10:01 AM
I was sitting in the main stand last night and it was the loudest I think I've heard the support since the new stand was built. :thumbsup:

The Gorf
03-02-2011, 10:11 AM
My son and I were there as usual in the East stand as usual in AA at the back come rain hail sleet snow whatever.
The atmosphere around us when Deeks buried the ball in the net was fantastic. You'd have thought we had won a cup!!
Nice to hear the announcer at half time giving credit to the fans. Even though he didn't know the names of who was being subbed!!!!
Great night. Great result. Great to be there. GREAT TO HEAR THE SUPPORT.

:flag:

xyz23jc
03-02-2011, 10:41 AM
:thumbsup: The support defo sounded fantastic last night! Only listened on the radio, and it seemed electric, even when we seemed to be toiling. So much positivity towards the team I thought (even accounting for the crap commentary team of Paterson, not so bad, and Spence!). Great to hear the Hibees hibees chant at the end, hairs on the back of the neck standing up...Well it's been a wee while, eh?

:flag:

heretoday
03-02-2011, 10:58 AM
It's not rocket science. If the fans get behind the players it gives them a lift.

Sometimes I think people are just too lazy to cheer on their team. They just expect them to deliver without encouragement.

If you've shelled out all that money at the turnstile you may as well try and maximise your return!

CB_NO3
03-02-2011, 01:29 PM
The atmosphere was good last night. I think we need some new songs going though. The boy at the back does well to bang the back of the stand to get the fans chanting "Calderwoods, Green and White Army" but his drumming is out of tune sometimes and it annoys me.

As I said we need some new tunes so what about getting this going :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXi-YX_xPxw&feature=related

seanraff07
03-02-2011, 01:51 PM
The atmosphere was good last night. I think we need some new songs going though. The boy at the back does well to bang the back of the stand to get the fans chanting "Calderwoods, Green and White Army" but his drumming is out of tune sometimes and it annoys me.

Yep i think we should give that a try :wink:

billbee
03-02-2011, 02:13 PM
Make it infectous lets hear all the stands! Lower West take note! :wink:

Hibees07
03-02-2011, 02:49 PM
The 12th Man / Singing section were fantastico last night, really proud of you guy's. :flag:

Sang almost non stop for 93 minutes and deservedly got a mention from CC in his interview.

Unfortunately I am in the West Lower however I am more than happy to join in the singing, if only others would follow. Maybe we need a section in the West to compliment the East?. :aok:

Jack
03-02-2011, 03:07 PM
The 12th Man / Singing section were fantastico last night, really proud of you guy's. :flag:

Sang almost non stop for 93 minutes and deservedly got a mention from CC in his interview.

Unfortunately I am in the West Lower however I am more than happy to join in the singing, if only others would follow. Maybe we need a section in the West to compliment the East?. :aok:

What a good idea :agree:

Maybe a delegation or perhaps the whole Singing Section should have a wee day trip to one of the other stands, maybe even the West, for a match now and again, just to get you in the swing of things. They could go behind the dug outs :devil:

aberhibsfc
03-02-2011, 03:07 PM
How do you like your Hibees?

Bouncing! Booless!

Friendly jovial banter and imperviousness to the cauld and the crappy oppositions 3rd visit.

Only thing I don't enjoy at the footie is the punters with Bovril induced farts that raise the immediate temperature by 20 degrees. It's not cold, but you know it'd bad for you.

PS, I don't like people leaving before the 90th minute irrespective of the score or where your parked. I've witnessed a gie few fightbacks that these punters deny themselves.

bighairyfaeleith
03-02-2011, 03:08 PM

yes you could all sit there and say things like

"well done chaps"

"spiffingly good singing"

in between your prawn sannnies ofcourse

:greengrin

RIP
03-02-2011, 03:16 PM
http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/matchday/1503-hibernian-preview?

See the post by Fife Bud!!

erin go bragh
03-02-2011, 03:19 PM
me and the laddie spent the 1st half in the singing section[voice had gave in]
2nd half moved across to the 18 yard line [famous five side] singing was non stop[singing section] well done all and next game ill try and last the whole game in the ss
ggtth

frazeHFC
03-02-2011, 03:43 PM
It was great last night. The Buddies fans must have been quite impressed, i certainly was again! Fantastic lads :)

When we got the second and every Hibee in the ground was roaring Hibees it was great.

Best atmosphere in a very, very long time.

GGTTH

Jack
03-02-2011, 03:46 PM
http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/matchday/1503-hibernian-preview?

See the post by Fife Bud!!

Just copy and paste man!

But they weren't the no-hopers we had been led to believe and it looked a younger team than we had faced last season. They actually had a midfield - normally you can run through Hibs.

Still think we are better than that though. We managed a few songs but what a noise they made. I've been at Old Firm Games, Hearts, Dons but never heard any support sing like that for 90 minutes like they did.

It was like having an extra player. We should try harder to get that thing going st SMP

BSEJVT
03-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Just copy and paste man!

Strange

Usually quite impressed with the noise you boys make.

A few of us in the lower west stand last night thought you went very quiet after Riordan scored until full time.

We thought nerves had got the better of you.:greengrin

.Whitey.
03-02-2011, 06:44 PM
Strange

Usually quite impressed with the noise you boys make.

A few of us in the lower west stand last night thought you went very quiet after Riordan scored until full time.

We thought nerves had got the better of you.:greengrin

We only sing when we are loosing :greengrin

It did get a wee bit quite after the first goal - a few of us from the east noticed this - must have been such a shock to see hibs playing so well.

Let's hope this form continues and the support to get louder:flag:

EasterRoad4Ever
03-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Ok, us old yins have seen it all and - as you'd expect - always seem to think things were better in the past than present. However, got to say the singing section has brought something really new to Easter Road. Its great to hear real football fans support their team throughout the 90 - whether things are going well or not. It IS infectious. It LIFTs the players and IMHO it encourages other Hibs fans to do their bit - by encouraging the team, berating the ref, giving it tight to the opposition - instead of getting on at our own players.

The singing section IS the 12th man, and act as a great reminder during the 90 mins that we should ALL be supporting the team. Well done the singing section :greengrin

Carheenlea
03-02-2011, 08:12 PM
I thought the numbers in the singing section were noticeably higher looking across from the West. Obviously a lot of like-minded people are moving along there, and there is no doubt the atmosphere has improved dramatically. It is infectious as well, was even some minor chanting in the West at the end!

Long may it continue.

NAE NOOKIE
03-02-2011, 10:01 PM
As has now become the norm the singing section were great. Funnily enough as someone else said they did go a bit quiet after the first goal, probably shock :greengrin

Nice to see one of the St Mirren fans with good things to say too. Shows its working when the opposition are impressed.

It would be great if we could get the home support up to 13'000 or so with 2'500 in the singing section.

Jonnyboy
03-02-2011, 10:13 PM
The Derek Riordan he's one of our own song is excellent so how about this idea for another song re Deek?

You know how Der Hun sing "Glasgow Rangers Champions wo o wo o o wo"

We could sing ..........

"Derek Riordan goal machine wo o wo o o wo"

Sounds great in my heid :greengrin

mickki40
04-02-2011, 10:01 AM

Thanks firstly on behalf of Hibs 12th Man for your positive comments. There will be a meeting at the Hibs Club this Saturday, 5th February 2011at 1230 to discuss the whole finances etc of 12th Man. I shall put a new songs minute into the meeting, to actively encourage people to write new songs and not just post them on here but to have them put on A4 Paper and handed out at games. To ensure we can do this means we need people to attend meetings and be an integral part of fundraising, by either actively fundraising or contributing to funds so Hibs 12th Man can take the Singing Section to the next level, providing flags etc for matchdays etc. All can attend the meeting. So feel free to attend

Gatecrasher
04-02-2011, 10:23 AM
I enjoy the 12th man, I'm not in the section but near it and it creates a good atmosphere

Joe Baker II
04-02-2011, 12:20 PM
Atmosphere has improved considerably at last few games at home (even the Ayr game was quite good), club finally seem to have seen some sense in not rigorously enforcing its no-standing policy albeit there are still problems with the stewarding of away fans at ER. And those involved in 12th man etc deserve full congratulations for this.

But if it continues might just get season ticket again next year-will see.

dp00
04-02-2011, 11:10 PM
the ff even joined in at one point...

anyone know if you can swap seats mid way through the season ?

Lofarl
04-02-2011, 11:19 PM
the ff even joined in at one point...

anyone know if you can swap seats mid way through the season ?

Yes you can if you go down to the Ticket office. Welcome to the 12th man :thumbsup::thumbsup:

marinello59
04-02-2011, 11:25 PM
Yes you can if you go down to the Ticket office. Welcome to the 12th man :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Although I suppose you are part of the 12th man no matter where you sit. :cool2:

Dashing Bob S
05-02-2011, 12:10 AM
They've transformed the drab atmosphere at ER and brought back a singing culture to the stadium. While the football has been poor, the atmosphere has been fantastic this season.

The Harp
05-02-2011, 12:31 AM

Well now we know.

Great post! :thumbsup:
Well done to all concerned. Great to hear the non-stop encouragement for the team even when things aren't going well. Makes a visit to ER (almost :wink:) a pleasurable experience again.