PDA

View Full Version : What a difference a day makes!

Famous Fiver
03-02-2011, 08:56 AM
Funny reading the boards this morning compared to yesterday!!!

Yesterday everybody was taking a kicking and today, well, it's a great day to be a Hibby!!!

Just like to say well done last night and I guess the doom and gloomers will either have to put up or shut up!!!

Definite happy clapper here!!!

Monktonhall 7
03-02-2011, 09:06 AM
I think everyone was a wee bit nervous before last night, but new signings made a big difference throughout the team, even Nish looked up for it. Well done to the fans for turning up in reasable numbers on a windy cold Wednesday night. Its a great feeling to score and win again.

GGTTH:thumbsup:

Jim44
03-02-2011, 09:17 AM
I'm really happy (genuinely) for all you happy clappers :greengrin and I'm delighted with the result. Here's hoping things will begin to look permanently upwards. I can't help commenting however that it just shows how deflated we've become when we are ecstatic about a home win against mighty St Mirren.

billbee
03-02-2011, 09:22 AM
Just great to look back on last nights performance and feel the feel good factor, so much positives from the game last night, team, fans and gereral atmosphere, even the subs at half time seems they were getting put through their paces, instead o just kicking a ball arround.
Well done Hibs again youve given me and many more a wee bit glimmer of hope!

ArmadaleHibs
03-02-2011, 09:26 AM
I'm really happy (genuinely) for all you happy clappers :greengrin and I'm delighted with the result. Here's hoping things will begin to look permanently upwards. I can't help commenting however that it just shows how deflated we've become when we are ecstatic about a home win against mighty St Mirren.

we could have played stranrar last night and if wed beat them the happiness would still be eminating. i honestly dont think it matters who we beat last night as we just couldnt see a victory after all these defeats.

with all the new players in and one of the better ones (scott) missing last night was just what the doctor ordered in the way of confidence for the team and fans. I am mostly pleased for Colin Calderwood as not once has he panicked and always believed that things will change. Lets hope hes right and i have every confidence that this guy WILL be successful at hibs.

well done all concerned last night:top marks

coco22
03-02-2011, 09:28 AM

a goal/win against ANYONE was always going to spark this kind of justified happiness. onwards and upwards, always better for everyone involved with the club when there is a wave of positivity washing over!:greengrin

PeeJay
03-02-2011, 09:46 AM

As a club we really needed a victory last night: psychologically it was important - who we beat was irrelevant, after our recent run. We need to keep our feet on the ground though, players (old & new) who performed well last night will have to do so on a consistent basis, we still have a lot of work to do. Kilmarnock will be a different proposition, but enough things on view last night mean that we have more than a decent chance of taking 3 points from them too.

Could be the start of a good run - wait and see. The feel good factor however will surely boost the manager (his interview on Hibs TV was really good I thought!) the team and the fans - who came over really well last night, seemed to be a great atmosphere from the word go!

:flag:

greenlex
03-02-2011, 11:07 AM
It wasn't just the victory it was the manner of the victory. I have watched Hibs being bullied for years. We were not bullied by a team that is used to scrapping it out. Can't wait to watch the team again.:greengrin

--------
03-02-2011, 11:11 AM

Jim, that was a genuine relegation 6-pointer last night. :tsk tsk:

You've been there before, and you're old enough to know what it means.

:cool2:

Now come on - gie's a wee smile! :scarf:

The Harp
03-02-2011, 11:40 AM
That's more like it ...
Hibs winning and the Yams getting beat (even tho it was against the Huns)
Great to be able to pick up a paper again without avoiding the back pages
Actually looking forward to the next game against Killie ... bring it on! :wink: