PDA

View Full Version : Hibs net server.

Jim44
02-02-2011, 10:34 PM
I've found the messageboard painfully slow for a few nights whereas every other website I visit is perfectly normal. Is there a server problem?

1two
02-02-2011, 10:37 PM
I've found the messageboard painfully slow for a few nights whereas every other website I visit is perfectly normal. Is there a server problem?

Do you use internet explorer?

HNA9
02-02-2011, 10:38 PM

You using IE8?

Its not the server.

We've noticed that IE8 is not great with the vbulletin software - even Firefox isn't that great either.

I use Google Chrome now and thats much better. Opera is meant to be excellent as well.

Hibby D
02-02-2011, 10:39 PM

Same here - so annoying :agree:

Jonnyboy
02-02-2011, 10:44 PM
You using IE8?

Its not the server.

We've noticed that IE8 is not great with the vbulletin software - even Firefox isn't that great either.

I use Google Chrome now and thats much better. Opera is meant to be excellent as well.

Works fine for me on Firefox

Jim44
02-02-2011, 10:46 PM
You using IE8?

Its not the server.

I'm using IE and have been for some time now. It's only in the last few days that I've noticed a marked deterioration. I've got Opera but someone told me it had very serious security problems and I'm loathe to use it.

Removed
02-02-2011, 10:46 PM
You using IE8?

Its not the server.

I use chrome as well and it's been great, no problems at all. Tried Opera but found chrome better.

Hank Schrader
02-02-2011, 10:47 PM
I was suffering the same issues whilst using IE8. Have downloaded Firefox tonight and its running like a dream.

Think I will be sticking with it.

steviecarnie
02-02-2011, 10:49 PM
my nets been horrible all night, i use chrome, and couldnt get on firstrow tonight and now downloads are slow, strange to say but seems to be the weather (im on virgin btw)

RIP
02-02-2011, 10:57 PM
It's been hinging and stalling for over a week now

Westie1875
02-02-2011, 11:00 PM
I downloaded Opera tonight to use only for Hibs.net and it has made a massive difference, would recommend doing the same if you're having issues with the site being slow.

Jim44
02-02-2011, 11:00 PM
I'm using IE and have been for some time now. It's only in the last few days that I've noticed a marked deterioration. I've got Opera but someone told me it had very serious security problems and I'm loathe to use it.

Out of curiosity I've tried Opera and it's working really fast. Does anyone know if this security thing is an issue?

plhibs
02-02-2011, 11:08 PM
my nets been horrible all night, i use chrome, and couldnt get on firstrow tonight and now downloads are slow, strange to say but seems to be the weather (im on virgin btw)

Same here with my first row seat:wink:Seems like all these sites have been done, big security warning on line over here. see article www.cypresstimes.com cant post actual link but you wll find info in this site.

sleeping giant
02-02-2011, 11:13 PM
I downloaded Opera tonight to use only for Hibs.net and it has made a massive difference, would recommend doing the same if you're having issues with the site being slow.

Ive been using Opera for years. Its the mutts nutts imo.

Only problem is it seems to have an issue with video content on the bbc sport website.

iwasthere1972
02-02-2011, 11:14 PM

Found it very slow for ages. Now using Google Chrome (instead of IE) and it's a big improvement. :aok:

Bayern Bru
02-02-2011, 11:18 PM
Petrie's siphoning some of the bandwidth and selling it to pay for Palsson's wages.
:agree:

Joking aside, I'm running Chrome via VirginMedia and have encountered no problems (touch wood).

fatbloke
02-02-2011, 11:30 PM
I have noticed things like b.scorecardresearch.com loading when signing on. Others as well Who and what are they?

Steve-O
03-02-2011, 08:27 AM
I find the site to be the worst to connect to of any site I use on ANY browser - IE, Firefox, Opera and Chrome.

Opera works best, but I often have to reload the page.