PDA

View Full Version : The ref tonight.

Kevvy1875
02-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Deserve's its own thread IMO. He was shocking tonight. Although no major decisions had to be made which is just as well.

con·sis·ten·cy (kən-sĭsˈtən-sē)
noun pl. consistencies con·sis·ten·cies
a. Agreement or logical coherence among things or parts: a rambling argument that lacked any consistency.
b. Correspondence among related aspects; compatibility: questioned the consistency of the administration's actions with its stated policy.
Reliability or uniformity of successive results or events: pitched with remarkable consistency throughout the season.
Degree of density, firmness, or viscosity: beat the mixture to the consistency of soft butter.

He needs to look this word up in the dictionary find out what it means and apply to his chosen profession.

Tumilty...you were rotten!

Bring back the Maltese officials...anybody but these clowns!

Jonnyboy
02-02-2011, 10:21 PM
Deserve's its own thread IMO. He was shocking tonight. Although no major decisions had to be made which is just as well.

con·sis·ten·cy (kən-sĭsˈtən-sē)
noun pl. consistencies con·sis·ten·cies
a. Agreement or logical coherence among things or parts: a rambling argument that lacked any consistency.
b. Correspondence among related aspects; compatibility: questioned the consistency of the administration's actions with its stated policy.
Reliability or uniformity of successive results or events: pitched with remarkable consistency throughout the season.
Degree of density, firmness, or viscosity: beat the mixture to the consistency of soft butter.

He needs to look this word up in the dictionary find out what it means and apply to his chosen profession.

Tumilty...you were rotten!

Bring back the Maltese officials...anybody but these clowns!

He was very poor and highlighted it superbly when he booked Spoony for pulling a guy back and then failed to do the same when a St Midden guy pulled Spoony back - all in the space of a couple of minutes

Bring back the foreigners

Kevvy1875
02-02-2011, 10:25 PM
He was very poor and highlighted it superbly when he booked Spoony for pulling a guy back and then failed to do the same when a St Midden guy pulled Spoony back - all in the space of a couple of minutes

Exactly the incident I was thinking of when I typed the OP!:agree:

There were many others....Hibs Mids booked for tough challenges. Fair enough...but why not book St Mirren players for similar 2 mins later?

Jonnyboy
02-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Exactly the incident I was thinking of when I typed the OP!:agree:

There were many others....Hibs Mids booked for tough challenges. Fair enough...but why not book St Mirren players for similar 2 mins later?

The challenge on Murray was high with studs showing and we never even got a free kick!!!

vla_di_vla
02-02-2011, 10:27 PM

Considering he played advantage with them because spoony's challenge was so half hearted and yet spoony get's halved and no booking :confused:

Hibercelona
02-02-2011, 10:27 PM
The linesmen where equally as gash. :bitchy:

Bring back the foreigners indeed. :agree:

machibby
02-02-2011, 10:29 PM
The linesmen where equally as gash. :bitchy:

Bring back the foreigners indeed. :agree:
:agree: Especially the east side one.

Hibercelona
02-02-2011, 10:42 PM

:agree:

Was going ballistic at that mug! :grr:

monktonharp
02-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Iwas raging at some of his descisions tonight.1st class clown

givescotlandfreedom
02-02-2011, 10:44 PM
That McAusland (number 17) was a disgrace and should never have stayed on. Tummalty was awful.

Hibby D
02-02-2011, 10:45 PM

He was clueless (as was the ref) Looked like a munchkin and ran like a two legged equestrian donkey!!

erin go bragh
02-02-2011, 10:49 PM
the ref was brutal as was the east stand side[dwarf]i mean linesman[sorry if your a little guy] how fat was that ref , he almost took out deeks at the start of the game when he stood on him . credit to the players as the fight they all showed is whats been missing all season . [how good did it feel when deeks and then spoony hit the back of the net] :thumbsup:
ggtth

Baldy Foghorn
02-02-2011, 10:51 PM

:agree::agree::agree:

The referee was abysmal tonight......Guys who have probably never played the game, making decisions and getting most of them wrong.

Pretty Boy
02-02-2011, 10:53 PM
What i hate about Scottish refs is the way they talk to the players like a headmaster talking to a pupil. The refs say they want respect but they show the players none.

Oneof the big difference i noticed when we had the Maltese officials was the ref spoke to the players like adults and got far more respect and understanding from the players as a result.

Bayern Bru
02-02-2011, 11:16 PM
Does anyone know if Tumilty is a common Paisley/Hamilton name?
:cool2:

Inconsistent beyond the point of belief, but not even the fat man's ineptitude detracted from my enjoyment of tonight.
:flag:

I Love Lamp
02-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Truly shocking decisions. Started pretty well too but gave some baffling calls in the second half.

PC Stamp
02-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Mike Tumilty is actually English but based in Edinburgh. As a grade 2 ref he reffed a number of games I played in and I always found him to be excellent. He would talk to players even as the game was going on and if he thought you were gonna half someone he'd tell you "not to dive in," or "stay on your feet" etc to try to save you from a booking.

I was sadly shocked at how very poor he was tonight.

The Harp
02-02-2011, 11:41 PM
Diabolical refereeing! He started badly by impeding Deek and got worse as the game went on. This game was in real danger of getting totally out of control. The foul on Ian Murray was brutal and no punishment for the offender, and not even a free kick awarded. Inconsistency from the officials all night, but the decisions definitely favoured St M.

The Harp Awakes
02-02-2011, 11:43 PM
Truly shocking decisions. Started pretty well too but gave some baffling calls in the second half.

I agree. After the 1st 15 minutes I thought great, the ref is going to be invisible tonight for a change, then he just lost the plot. That's 2 shocking refereeing performances the last 2 Wednesday's. Have to say that both linesmen were useless tonight though and didn't get involved at all, making the refs job harder.

Murray and Palsson both got taken out by bad challenges in the 2nd half and no foul for either:confused: How many handballs did he miss as well:cool2:

hibee_nation
02-02-2011, 11:57 PM
Listening to the radio on HI they were quite worried that Palsson was going to be red carded for a bad tackle and the buddies were going spare it was only yellow. So it seems he was not biased just useless. :greengrin

matty_f
03-02-2011, 12:41 AM
Ref had an absolute shocker tonight. Absolutely woeful.:agree:

Bayern Bru
03-02-2011, 12:54 AM
Mike Tumilty is actually English but based in Edinburgh. As a grade 2 ref he reffed a number of games I played in and I always found him to be excellent. He would talk to players even as the game was going on and if he thought you were gonna half someone he'd tell you "not to dive in," or "stay on your feet" etc to try to save you from a booking.

I was sadly shocked at how very poor he was tonight.

That's a real pity, as refs in that vein must be few and far between in the Scottish game, and there's a fair few players who could benefit from that sort of treatment.

On a slight change of subject - the auld fella tonight was suggesting that match adjudicators i.e. those who judge the ref's performance release their notes to the public domain - if it's all above board they've got nothing to worry about and it might give some insight into why refs make certain decisions.

Saorsa
03-02-2011, 01:38 AM
Poor performance from SFA officials, how unusual :rolleyes:

bring back the foreigners :agree:

PeeJay
03-02-2011, 06:30 AM
Agree the referee was bad, but wouldn't say he was all for St. Mirren and against us: Murray could easily have had a red for his reckless challenge and Palssen was very lucky to see only yellow for his late one. Just watched the highlights again this morning: both bad tackles.

TornadoHibby
03-02-2011, 06:37 AM
The challenge on Murray was high with studs showing and we never even got a free kick!!!

The St Midden no 17 got Murray with a horrible "studs up" assault which a lesser person than Murray would have made much more of to try and persuade the ref to take action! He had also hit Palsson a couple of times, the worst one off the ball in front of the Hibs dug out, after Palsson was booked for a very firm but (I thought) fair challenge. Palsson thankfully didn't react to the "off the ball" thuggery and, although Murray did a decent bit of "threatening" when he got up after beig assaulted, thankfully he too calmed down quickly too! :cool2:

The no 17 could easily have had 6 yellow cards IMO but in the end finished up on the park with oinly one yellow! :confused:

The ref was a classic example of why Scottish officials are constantly in the news for being "incompetent"! :agree:

sahib
03-02-2011, 07:13 AM
I thought all the bookings we got were bookings.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Murray and Palsson lucky not to have early baths imo but that goes with the rub of the green which we have not been getting recently.

FromTheCapital
03-02-2011, 09:53 AM
The number 17. should have been off....

But still 3 points, 2 goals and a clean sheet, Superb ! :partyhibb

blackpoolhibs
03-02-2011, 11:12 AM
He was clueless (as was the ref) Looked like a munchkin and ran like a two legged equestrian donkey!!

:agree:
Snow white must have given him a knock back? :wink:

The Gorf
03-02-2011, 11:58 AM
I thought all the bookings we got were bookings.

Correct, however so were the St Mirren ones but they weren't yellowed. As others have said:
"totally inconsistent":confused:

Ritchie
03-02-2011, 12:01 PM
To be fair i'm glad he had a howler.... any consistant decent referee would have probably sent Polson off for his off the ground lunge!

that could have changed the game for the worse for us!!

--------
03-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Does anyone know if Tumilty is a common Paisley/Hamilton name?
:cool2:

Inconsistent beyond the point of belief, but not even the fat man's ineptitude detracted from my enjoyment of tonight.
:flag:

He IS foreign - He was born in Hartlepool.

He's averaging 4 yellows a game this season.

In the old days the program would tell you where the ref came from - A.J. Crawley (Glasgow), for example, never once failed to screw us - cynically and comprehensively...

HE was a wee fat expletive as well.

[The auld yins'll remember him.]