You're a joy to watch.

:agree:

Superb

Hibby D
02-02-2011, 11:13 PM
Superb performance - :top marks

sleeping giant
02-02-2011, 11:13 PM
Great game. looks so assured and comfortable on the ball.

gramskiwood
02-02-2011, 11:15 PM
I think him and Hanlon look like very good prospects.:thumbsup:

.Sean.
02-02-2011, 11:16 PM
Cracking game. I said months and months ago on here that when he got his chance he'd grasp it, and he certainly has. I'm absolutely delighted for him.

greenlex
02-02-2011, 11:16 PM
:agree: Looks like he has been there for years.:top marks

Shrekko
02-02-2011, 11:18 PM
Looks an outstanding footballer.

Really enjoyed watching him and Towell on either side. Breath of fresh air compared to the full backs we've had in recent times.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
02-02-2011, 11:19 PM
Quality. :agree:

Kevvy1875
02-02-2011, 11:20 PM
Outstanding tonight young man.

You're a joy to watch.

What every man and his dug expected of this lad. If Yogi had the balls to play him and others then he may have saved his job.

Well done Boothy...keep it up son!

patlowe
02-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Once again we are beginning to see the huge benefits of having full backs comfortable going forward, so important. Much like Wotherspoon when he first came into the side it is blatantly obvious that Booth is a quality player, no fears for him whatsoever.

GreenCastle
02-02-2011, 11:25 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?203687-Hanlon-and-Booth-improving-every-game

Can admins merge these ? :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
02-02-2011, 11:27 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?203687-Hanlon-and-Booth-improving-every-game

Can admins merge these ? :greengrin

Think he deserved a thread of his own tonight.

My MotM by a mile.

Baldy Foghorn
03-02-2011, 12:09 AM

You're a joy to watch.

So composed for one so young........

MagicSwirlingShip
03-02-2011, 12:13 AM
The introduction of Booth and Towell has been a breath of fresh air. Impressed with both of them :thumbsup:

Bookkeeper
03-02-2011, 12:17 AM
Had a great game tonight and looks very good going forward. Left back is his now.

AllyF
03-02-2011, 12:39 AM
Booth's performance alone was worth making the trip through from Glasgow tonight.

Perspective
03-02-2011, 12:46 AM
Hanlon and Booth must be first-picks for next season's rebuilding job.

Sign a physical centre-back to complement Hanlon and a right-sided version of Booth and we are laughing.

Dunbar Hibee
03-02-2011, 12:47 AM
Knew he would do well once given the chance. Also so pleased for him:thumbsup:

The Harp
03-02-2011, 01:07 AM
Great to watch Booth in action, he just oozes class. This is one position in the team that doesn't need tinkering with. A star in the making. Hope he stays with us for a long time. :thumbsup:

matty_f
03-02-2011, 01:11 AM
Great to watch Booth in action, he just oozes class. This is one position in the team that doesn't need tinkering with. A star in the making. Hope he stays with us for a long time. :thumbsup:

He was outstanding again tonight. I thought he was a stand-out in the 19s the year we won the double, and tonight's performance was a more mature version of the performances he put in that season.

Different class, and I hope he stays at Hibs for a long, long time.:top marks

Toaods
03-02-2011, 01:53 AM
Played well, needs to drive in at defenders on their inside and also learn to cross with his right foot. Was too easy for St Mirren defenders to show him the outside as he always took it. Many might disagree but Calllum will know himself.

Sprouleflyer
03-02-2011, 06:10 AM
Played well, needs to drive in at defenders on their inside and also learn to cross with his right foot. Was too easy for St Mirren defenders to show him the outside as he always took it. Many might disagree but Calllum will know himself.

:agree: Needs to learn how to cut inside, just to make the defenders job a bit more difficult.

Great game tonight, you can see straight away this boy has something!!!

IWasThere2016
03-02-2011, 06:52 AM
He was outstanding again tonight. I thought he was a stand-out in the 19s the year we won the double, and tonight's performance was a more mature version of the performances he put in that season.

Different class, and I hope he stays at Hibs for a long, long time.:top marks

Wow! Not a word of p#sh :greengrin

Well done Matty :wink: and Boothy :thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
03-02-2011, 07:04 AM

I agree.

He had a good game, but won't be much of a threat in the last third unless he develops some dexterity.

His inexperience also showed when he allowed a St Mirren player to run in front of him when he was waiting for a ball to land when facing his own goal.

He's young, so he can learn, but I do hope he's rested as often as he needs unlike Wotherspoon who was nearly burnt out by Yogi.

TornadoHibby
03-02-2011, 07:45 AM
Once again we are beginning to see the huge benefits of having full backs comfortable going forward, so important. Much like Wotherspoon when he first came into the side it is blatantly obvious that Booth is a quality player, no fears for him whatsoever.

:top marks

essexhibee
03-02-2011, 07:53 AM
Whenever ive seen Callum hes looked class. Attacks well and looks oh so comfortable on the ball!

It was even evident from 10mins against you know who (S.C.) that he was class. :thumbsup:

erin go bragh
03-02-2011, 08:03 AM
looks a player and a half / and he is one of us :agree:
ggtth:flag:

TornadoHibby
03-02-2011, 08:21 AM
Hanlon and Booth must be first-picks for next season's rebuilding job.

Sign a physical centre-back to complement Hanlon and a right-sided version of Booth and we are laughing.

Towell anyone? :cool2:

Ritchie
03-02-2011, 08:46 AM
First time i've seen young booth in the flesh!

was really impressed. :thumbsup:

if i had any criticism it would be that as the game went on he became a bit predictable, but that will improve as has gametime increased.

Frogga
03-02-2011, 09:41 AM
Reminds me of a young David Murphy when he first joined us.

Really impressed!

Makaveli
03-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Booth really is like a new signing, great prospect!

whiskyhibby
03-02-2011, 09:53 AM
:agree: Needs to learn how to cut inside, just to make the defenders job a bit more difficult.

I agree he seemed to go outside too often when it looked better to cut inside, he can obviously dribble the ball well , but he will learn..........:flag:

Great game tonight, you can see straight away this boy has something!!!

Absolutely, he looks the future in this position

whiskyhibby
03-02-2011, 09:55 AM

To me Towell is a fantastic full back, he seems to have it all, heading, tackling, bombing forward, the only shame is that he is only here until the end of the season, we should be sounding out smeltic to get a deal :aok:

Eaststand
03-02-2011, 10:03 AM

You're a joy to watch.

Booth was excellent, and showed the skills, passion and determination that was a breath of fresh air.
He looks like a quality player already and the more game time Hanlon, Booth and Towell (plus whoever else plays in the centre of the back four) get together, the better they'll all get too

GGTTH

Scooter
03-02-2011, 10:13 AM
To me Towell is a fantastic full back, he seems to have it all, heading, tackling, bombing forward, the only shame is that he is only here until the end of the season, we should be sounding out smeltic to get a deal :aok:

if you listen to towell he isnt even a right back. he considers himself as a CM or RM

Golden Bear
03-02-2011, 10:35 AM
We've struggled all season to find a competent left back and hey presto we find we already had one. Trouble is he'd been fielded out on loan to Arbroath & Brechin.

A mystifying decision by Yogi to leave us so short when we already had a star in the making. Callum's spell in the lower leagues can't have made that much difference to his play - or did it I wonder?

blackpoolhibs
03-02-2011, 10:38 AM
What a real star for the future, :top marks:top marks:thumbsup::thumbsup: i wonder how much we will get for him next year? :wink:

Expecting Rain
03-02-2011, 10:46 AM
Booth and Hanlon are both excellent prospects and set a higher standard than most, they`re still young guys and i hope the supporters show a bit more patience with them when things are not going to plan.
The defence in general is very young and at times collectively will be patchy, i`ll settle for that and a consistency in their selection.

FromTheCapital
03-02-2011, 10:47 AM
Good youngster too

JIm
03-02-2011, 11:05 AM
We've struggled all season to find a competent left back and hey presto we find we already had one. Trouble is he'd been fielded out on loan to Arbroath & Brechin.

A mystifying decision by Yogi to leave us so short when we already had a star in the making. Callum's spell in the lower leagues can't have made that much difference to his play - or did it I wonder?

To be honest mate i think it has made a huge difference. No one has ever doubted Booth's potential but to go from 19s straight in to first team can be a massive jump for many players (often too big).

I think the time at Brechin and Arbroath has allowed him to find his feet and helped with the transition of moving to SPL.

All in all i think we should be looking to do this with all our bright young players to give them exposure as early as possible.

Great to see boothy, wotherspoon, hanlon, towell, pallson etc all getting a chance! a young team with potentially a bright future if we can continue to add the right kind of players in the the mix!

What a difference one result can make aye :thumbsup::flag:

FromTheCapital
03-02-2011, 11:13 AM
Booth did well last night...

The Hurricane
03-02-2011, 08:05 PM
Looks like the most stylish left-back weve had since Joe Davis back in the 60s. The boys a natural.

NAE NOOKIE
03-02-2011, 10:08 PM
He beat a St Mirren player for pace to the bye line and put in a super cross. Just that bit was worth him playing. How often do you see a Hibs player do that ?

Well done son :thumbsup: