PDA

View Full Version : There's only one Derek Riordan (merged)

Booked4Being-Ugly
02-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Thank god for derek Riordan.

To all the posters that constantly knock Deeks at every oppertunity (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE), please be man enough and agree that without Deeks this season we would have been ****ed!

Yes, Derek has been off the boil recently but today proves that you just can't leave him out of the team!

Well done Deeks and well done Hibs.

:flag:

--------
02-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Thank God for derek Riordan.

Amen, brother, and Hallelujah! :not worth

Twiglet
02-02-2011, 09:01 PM
He was a different man 2nite. Obviously has gotten over whatever was wrong. Glad to see him back to some sort of normality.

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Spot on well done deek,

IWasThere2016
02-02-2011, 09:03 PM
1 Derek Riordan! :thumbsup:

Hibee-Bongo
02-02-2011, 09:06 PM
A copy of Samir Nasri's song using the tune of Give It Up by KC and the Sunshine Band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YKSkvGM61Y

--------
02-02-2011, 09:06 PM
He was a different man 2nite. Obviously has gotten over whatever was wrong. Glad to see him back to some sort of normality.

Bit of service from midfield and the big guy staying on his feet and laying the ball off to him once in a while?

Greenblood70
02-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Not only scores the first goal and secures the points but makes me a few bob on first goal scorer! :not worth:not worth

I really hope having a battering ram in Sodje gives Deek the opportunity to show how good he is in the remaining games this season. :flag::flag:

--------
02-02-2011, 09:15 PM
Not only scores the first goal and secures the points but makes me a few bob on first goal scorer! :not worth:not worth

I really hope having a battering ram in Sodje gives Deek the opportunity to show how good he is in the remaining games this season. :flag::flag:

My feeling is that Sodje's a bit more than just a battering ram - he holds the ball up well and he's capable of some nice lay-offs. But he IS a big strong guy who seems to have mastered the art of standing up for more than 2-3 minutes at a time.

Of course, now that Deek's scored a goal and hasn't signed for Der Hun, that'll be the end of his Scotland chances again for a while.

Kevvy1875
02-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Deek was Deek tonite....

Scored a goal... all you can ask of a striker. Thank god he is still here:agree:

Thought he should have slid in Miller near the end when it was still 1-0 but he obviously backs himself to finish the move...can't really knock him for that.

Greenblood70
02-02-2011, 09:21 PM
My feeling is that Sodje's a bit more than just a battering ram - he holds the ball up well and he's capable of some nice lay-offs. But he IS a big strong guy who seems to have mastered the art of standing up for more than 2-3 minutes at a time.

Of course, now that Deek's scored a goal and hasn't signed for Der Hun, that'll be the end of his Scotland chances again for a while.

I think you could be right Doddie...I didn't mean it in derogatory sense..I think we've lacked a physical presence since the Mixu/Garry O days up front. TBH I doubt he'll be prolific in front of goal but if he can chip in and contribute assists I'll be delighted.

Riordans Boots
02-02-2011, 09:23 PM
:singing: "One Derek Riordan :not worth there's only ONE Derek Riordan :not worth One Derek Riordan :not worth there's only ONE Derek Riordan :not worth :singing:

Walkerbaws
02-02-2011, 09:38 PM
I would still let him go at the end of the season though. Didn't do much apart from score tonight. I know that's what he's on the park to do before you all shoot me down but his goal tally is dropping every season and that's okay if you have someone on the team that's going to score you 20 goals plus to help the team out ie stokes last season. Think we need to see alot more from deeks before he gets offered a new deal IMO, I'm dreading the day that he does sign an extension coz it will come.

Andy74
02-02-2011, 09:40 PM
Great finish. Nice to have him back!

Craig_in_Prague
02-02-2011, 09:40 PM
I would still let him go at the end of the season though. Didn't do much apart from score tonight. I know that's what he's on the park to do before you all shoot me down but his goal tally is dropping every season and that's okay if you have someone on the team that's going to score you 20 goals plus to help the team out ie stokes last season. Think we need to see alot more from deeks before he gets offered a new deal IMO, I'm dreading the day that he does sign an extension coz it will come.

Admin, ban me if you want, but this guy can **** OFF

stevensons-fan
02-02-2011, 09:41 PM

:na na:

Greenblood70
02-02-2011, 09:43 PM

LTFYF:rolleyes:

Judas Iscariot
02-02-2011, 09:43 PM

:agree:

Bad Martini
02-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Up the haters of our top scorer.

And all the geniuses who "knew" he'd soon be at ibrox!

There's only 1 Derek Riordan.

ENDOF

Riordans Boots
02-02-2011, 09:46 PM

hibees707070
02-02-2011, 09:47 PM

Spot on mate, but still we won our first game this year lets not worry about that just now!

sunshine1875
02-02-2011, 09:48 PM

:rolleyes: You must have been watching a different game from me. I think we saw tonight what a half fit Deeks can do with better players behind him. I was happy with his movement, his commitment and his goal.

He is the best striker that Hibs will be able to afford in the current market. Stokes was a one-off and only came because of Hughes and he couldn't wait to leave us. Deeks is a Hibernian legend of the modern era (93 SPL goals FFS).

Winston Ingram
02-02-2011, 09:51 PM
What a player he was. Don't remember seeing him before. Loads of energy, alert great passing and took his goal brilliantly:greengrin

GreenCastle
02-02-2011, 09:52 PM
Loved the Riordan song being chanted - he's one of our own :thumbsup:

Deek did what a striker should of done for the goal.

1st half was a little slow on the ball but 2nd half improved.

102 goals and counting I think...:not worth

Walkerbaws
02-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Get the riordan tinted specs off guys. Had he not scored tnite he would have had a shocker, but because he's scored the threads of 1 derek riordan come to light. He has no pace, can't beat a player, the only way for deeks to score is if it set on a plate for him. When was the last time he actually beat a player, I haven't seen it since he came back from Celtic.

ronaldo7
02-02-2011, 09:53 PM

Aye yer baws:na na:

Craig_in_Prague
02-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Get the riordan tinted specs off guys. Had he not scored tnite he would have had a shocker, but because he's scored the threads of 1 derek riordan come to light. He has no pace, can't beat a player, the only way for deeks to score is if it set on a plate for him. When was the last time he actually beat a player, I haven't seen it since he came back from Celtic.

:faf:

:bye:

Sammy7nil
02-02-2011, 09:55 PM
He is a waste of space and we should have punted him.

He wont be missed at E.R.

:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

hibee_nation
02-02-2011, 09:55 PM

Yams hated Walker, yams loved tae rip the pash oot of Dean Shiels, Yams hate Deeks. The yanks have a saying if it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck then it's probably a yam fud on the wind up. GTF. :kbacker:

ancient hibee
02-02-2011, 09:56 PM

I didn't think that anyone who knows nothing about football was allowed to support Hibs.

Sammy7nil
02-02-2011, 09:57 PM

Nice fishing I will bite.

We only every looked like scoring when Deek was on the ball END Of

Jonnyboy
02-02-2011, 09:59 PM

Have a word wi' yersel

Walkerbaws
02-02-2011, 10:00 PM
Yams hated Walker, yams loved tae rip the pash oot of Dean Shiels, Yams hate Deeks. The yanks have a saying if it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck then it's probably a yam fud on the wind up. GTF. :kbacker:

Aye right pal, had a season ticket for 20 years and because I think the "messiah" should be punted unless he shows more effort and desire to play for a club that I plough my money into every season I get shot down in flames. Twat!

Greenblood70
02-02-2011, 10:00 PM

Away an throw ****** at yersel ya hertz ********!!

:flag::flag:

ancient hibee
02-02-2011, 10:04 PM
Aye right pal, had a season ticket for 20 years and because I think the "messiah" should be punted unless he shows more effort and desire to play for a club that I plough my money into every season I get shot down in flames. Twat!

A likely tale.

hibee_nation
02-02-2011, 10:08 PM

He is not the messiah he's just a naughty boy.. :na na:

hibbysam
02-02-2011, 10:08 PM
is this boy for real? ha!

he cant beat a man? well im sure i seen riordan absolutely skin the boy down the left hand side before cutting back and nish just failing to get on the end of it:wink:

hope you had fun tonight at ipox watching yer team's bubble burst again you yam fud walkerbaws!

Winston Ingram
02-02-2011, 10:09 PM

I have to say I've been up there as one of his biggest critics and without doubt he's deserved his spell on the bench. His general level of effort and attitude has been symptomatic of all that has been wrong with us this season.

I know he is the hardest worker and never will be but the level of effort he's put in in his previous 10 or so games has been shocking. He's barely broke sweat and just walked around blaming others.

Tonight he seemed bang up for it, anticipating balls, couple of tricks but overall he was very good:agree:

Walkerbaws
02-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Nice fishing I will bite.

We only every looked like scoring when Deek was on the ball END Of

Hardly spoony had a few chances as did thornhill and even nish. Did wotherspoon not score tonight no? Suppose riordan played sum part in that superb solo goal aswell then aye?

sunshine1875
02-02-2011, 10:10 PM

What seat number and in which stand? Pink Bus Shelter L07

Craig_in_Prague
02-02-2011, 10:12 PM
Hardly spoony had a few chances as did thornhill and even nish. Did wotherspoon not score tonight no? Suppose riordan played sum part in that superb solo goal aswell then aye?

77 posts, and all to slag Hibs best and most prolific striker of the last decade or two :confused:

Why :confused:

You've wrote he can't score unless it's put on a plate, so that comment itself proves you're a Yam, or your eyes are painted on, or he's bummed your bird, or you. Or done something such as.

I dropped him from my avator, I knew he'd pop one in due to that :wink:

Theres only one Derek Riordan :flag:

ps. I hope CC gets him to sign a new 5 year deal.
Get it up ye :flag:

Franck is God
02-02-2011, 10:12 PM
I've been a big critic of Riordan but happy to admit that he had a good game tonight, his best for a very long time.

He needs to do this every week though not just when he feels like it, hoping that now the squad seems to have a bit of strength to it his place is no longer guaranteed, maybe that had an positive effect on his performance?

vahibbie
02-02-2011, 10:14 PM

If he had not scored tonight would we have gone onto win? I'm guessing that goal set us up for the 3 points.

I for one am firmly in the "Deek's a star" camp.

Walkerbaws
02-02-2011, 10:14 PM
is this boy for real? ha!

he cant beat a man? well im sure i seen riordan absolutely skin the boy down the left hand side before cutting back and nish just failing to get on the end of it:wink:

hope you had fun tonight at ipox watching yer team's bubble burst again you yam fud walkerbaws!

How come when someone has their own say that doesn't tie in with everyone else opinion then they suddenly become a yam fud? Spend money on a season ticket and go to most away games, yet I can't have my say on hibs.net without being abused by sum dummie!

hibbysam
02-02-2011, 10:17 PM
How come when someone has their own say that doesn't tie in with everyone else opinion then they suddenly become a yam fud? Spend money on a season ticket and go to most away games, yet I can't have my say on hibs.net without being abused by sum dummie!

So explain how you missed riordan beating a man tonight with a bit of pace then?:greengrin

ForeverHibs93
02-02-2011, 10:18 PM
:rolleyes: His chip against Celtic with a 6 ft 7 keeper? Certainly wasn't on a plate I wouldn't expect Drogba to score from there:agree:

FranckSuzy
02-02-2011, 10:18 PM

OK, but why come on tonight with these opinions? We've just scored for the first time this year and more importantly, WON a game. That's why folk are having a go I would say :confused:

The Harp Awakes
02-02-2011, 10:21 PM

Now joint 3rd top goalscorer in SPL history behind Boyd and Larsson. His record speaks for itself. If you think we can punt him and get the same quality for the wages Deek is on yer having a laugh:cool2:

1 Kris Boyd Kilmarnock (2001–2006)
Rangers (2006–2010) 164
2 Henrik Larsson Celtic (1998–2004) 158
3 #Scott McDonald Motherwell (2004–2007)
Celtic (2007–2010) 93
3 #Derek Riordan Hibernian (2001–2006)
Celtic (2006–2008)
Hibernian (2008–present) 93

Walkerbaws
02-02-2011, 10:22 PM
77 posts, and all to slag Hibs best and most prolific striker of the last decade or two :confused:

Why :confused:

You've wrote he can't score unless it's put on a plate, so that comment itself proves you're a Yam, or your eyes are painted on, or he's bummed your bird, or you. Or done something such as.

I dropped him from my avator, I knew he'd pop one in due to that :wink:

Theres only one Derek Riordan :flag:

ps. I hope CC gets him to sign a new 5 year deal.
Get it up ye :flag:

Obviously you don't go to many of the games then mate as this season he has been murder as have alot of hibs players. He is a great player there is no doubt about it, but he has to do alot better for me as I get the feeling he cannot be arsed when he's on the park!

Jonnyboy
02-02-2011, 10:23 PM
OK, but why come on tonight with these opinions? We've just scored for the first time this year and more importantly, WON a game. That's why folk are having a go I would say :confused:

Exactly. Derek scores the first Hibs goal since 1947 and yet he's dissed

You couldnae make it up

Craig_in_Prague
02-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Obviously you don't go to many of the games then mate as this season he has been murder as have alot of hibs players. He is a great player there is no doubt about it, but he has to do alot better for me as I get the feeling he cannot be arsed when he's on the park!

It's hard to make games whilst living in the Czech Republic, but thanks to HI TV, Sky, ESPN, BBC and so, I don't miss very much.

Sure, he's not been at it this season - however he's not a striker that will get a game by the scruff of the neck, and Miller is a midfielder that won't either. But with a better team around them, they're quality.

We've missed Stokes goals, and folks wanting shot of deeks would be very sorry, he's got goals in him and CC knows this too.

And to say he can only score when it's put on a plate, really mate, go to specsavers the morrow :agree:

benrocky
02-02-2011, 10:27 PM

:top markstotally agree

Walkerbaws
02-02-2011, 10:27 PM
Now joint 3rd top goalscorer in SPL history behind Boyd and Larsson. His record speaks for itself. If you think we can punt him and get the same quality for the wages Deek is on yer having a laugh:cool2:

1 Kris Boyd Kilmarnock (2001–2006)
Rangers (2006–2010) 164
2 Henrik Larsson Celtic (1998–2004) 158
3 #Scott McDonald Motherwell (2004–2007)
Celtic (2007–2010) 93
3 #Derek Riordan Hibernian (2001–2006)
Celtic (2006–2008)
Hibernian (2008–present) 93

Most of his goals came in his first spell here though, when he was a class act coming down the left and cutting inside with a bit of pace. He ain't got that now and moans at every ball that ain't played to his feet.

FranckSuzy
02-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Aww FFS, I give up. The first positive result this year in terms of both goals and a win and STILL some people aren't happy :bitchy:

Jonnyboy
02-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Aww FFS, I give up. The first positive result this year in terms of both goals and a win and STILL some people aren't happy :bitchy:

I guess it's all about opinions Suzy and clearly the odd one or two are happy to criticise Deeks. That's their right but they shouldn't really be all that surprised to find they are very much in the minority tonight

Walkerbaws
02-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Exactly. Derek scores the first Hibs goal since 1947 and yet he's dissed

You couldnae make it up

When it's going bad we totally slate the players yet we beat a pish poor st mirren team and all of a sudden deeks is a worldbeater coz he scored against them. Keep the feet on the ground boys, where was deeks when we needed a goal to keep us in the Scottish cup? Where is he when we need a goal against the yams? What makes tonight so special?

Jonnyboy
02-02-2011, 10:37 PM
When it's going bad we totally slate the players yet we beat a pish poor st mirren team and all of a sudden deeks is a worldbeater coz he scored against them. Keep the feet on the ground boys, where was deeks when we needed a goal to keep us in the Scottish cup? Where is he when we need a goal against the yams? What makes tonight so special?

You've made your point so why labour it?

Removed
02-02-2011, 10:39 PM

Benrocky and Walkerbaws - guys/girls :dunno: there is a time and a place and tonight is neither. You may be yam fuds, you may be real hibbys, I don't know but you are just asking for abuse with your posts. Think about it :crazy:

FranckSuzy
02-02-2011, 10:39 PM

No-one is saying that he's suddenly morphed into Messi but, come on, at least he scored tonight which is more than any other Hibs player has done THIS YEAR. Where were the rest in the SC or any other game for that matter? Why is it only Derek who's getting this grief? Gee it a rest, eh? The game only finished at 9.30 and already there's doom and gloom. I was enjoying the positive vibes, for a change :rolleyes:

Walkerbaws
02-02-2011, 10:40 PM

I am happy mate, I'm over the moon that we have dragged ourselves hopefully out the poo but I just think we go a bit over the score with praising deeks, just because he has scored loads of goals when we were doing well. Seems like he can have a bad game and not get slated because he's scored a few goals for us before.

Removed
02-02-2011, 10:41 PM
I am happy mate, I'm over the moon that we have dragged ourselves hopefully out the poo but I just think we go a bit over the score with praising deeks, just because he has scored loads of goals when we were doing well. Seems like he can have a bad game and not get slated because he's scored a few goals for us before.

We've been patient so far but give it a rest ffs

Jonnyboy
02-02-2011, 10:42 PM

Can you explain something to me? After the worst run in living memory we actually got three points tonight, scored our first goals in 2011, had a great atmosphere at the stadium and a fair few superb individual performances and yet you've sat on this one thread for ages and all you've got to offer is criticism of Derek Riordan. Why is that?

FranckSuzy
02-02-2011, 10:43 PM

Last post for me. WE ARE HAPPY BECAUSE WE HADN'T SCORED THIS YEAR. NO-ONE ELSE LOOKED LIKE DOING SO EITHER. DEEK DID. END OF. Spoony is also getting the plaudits. Can we please just change the record now?

Alex Trager
02-02-2011, 10:46 PM
A copy of Samir Nasri's song using the tune of Give It Up by KC and the Sunshine Band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YKSkvGM61Y

Sing this with Derek riordan riordan Derek riordan, all the time, all the time, that and of course the Samir nasri one

Baldy Foghorn
02-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Thank god for derek Riordan.

To all the posters that constantly knock Deeks at every oppertunity (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE), please be man enough and agree that without Deeks this season we would have been ****ed!

Yes, Derek has been off the boil recently but today proves that you just can't leave him out of the team!

Well done Deeks and well done Hibs.

DR took his goal well, but Sodje played a huge part in it..... You posted above that DR has been off the boil recently, which is why he has taken stick on here.....

He scored and each member of the team tonight played their collective part, why is such a thing being made about DR when every single one of them worked their socks off.....

There is really no need for this sort of gloryfying told you so type guff. It is a team game and they were all fabulous.....

Walkerbaws
02-02-2011, 10:49 PM
Can you explain something to me? After the worst run in living memory we actually got three points tonight, scored our first goals in 2011, had a great atmosphere at the stadium and a fair few superb individual performances and yet you've sat on this one thread for ages and all you've got to offer is criticism of Derek Riordan. Why is that?

I just hate the fact that as you say we get the three points, a great team performance yet well done deeks for scoring the first in a 2-0 win! All hail Derek riordan because without him we would not have scored. *** on guys, we were all over them throughout the whole game and I can remember 1 saved shot from deeks and his goal. Dnt think he contributed much more than that.

Jonnyboy
02-02-2011, 10:51 PM
I just hate the fact that as you say we get the three points, a great team performance yet well done deeks for scoring the first in a 2-0 win! All hail Derek riordan because without him we would not have scored. *** on guys, we were all over them throughout the whole game and I can remember 1 saved shot from deeks and his goal. Dnt think he contributed much more than that.

Yeah you've made your views on Riordan clear but why focus only on that when there were a number of good things to focus on?

Walkerbaws
02-02-2011, 10:52 PM
DR took his goal well, but Sodje played a huge part in it..... You posted above that DR has been off the boil recently, which is why he has taken stick on here.....

He scored and each member of the team tonight played their collective part, why is such a thing being made about DR when every single one of them worked their socks off.....

There is really no need for this sort of gloryfying told you so type guff. It is a team game and they were all fabulous.....

Spot on mate, trying to get that through for sum time now, guess were just yam fuds!

benrocky
02-02-2011, 10:53 PM

Benrocky and Walkerbaws - guys/girls :dunno: there is a time and a place and tonight is neither. You may be yam fuds, you may be real hibbys, I don't know but you are just asking for abuse with your posts. Think about it :crazy:

It's only my opinion am I not allowed that :aok:

Removed
02-02-2011, 10:55 PM

Of course you can have an opinion but if you post pish don't be surprised if people post telling you that. That's their opinion.

Walkerbaws
02-02-2011, 10:55 PM
Yeah you've made your views on Riordan clear but why focus only on that when there were a number of good things to focus on?

I'm trying to focus on the good things yet some people are focusing on my posts and shooting me down calling me a yam! I'm only responding to their responses if that makes sense!

Jonnyboy
02-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Spot on mate, trying to get that through for sum time now, guess were just yam fuds!

Think you missed the point of that post "They were all fabulous" includes the man you love to hate :wink:

Walkerbaws
02-02-2011, 10:58 PM

You're allowed your opinion benrocky just don't slag deeks because you will become a yam fud frm the dark side of the town.

jabis
02-02-2011, 11:01 PM

were not hearts fans(or players,come to think about it ! )

hibee_nation
02-02-2011, 11:03 PM
Walkerbaws and benrocky go back tae keechback and wait for us to screw up again before coming back with yer keech. Christ i'd rather read a 10 pager from smurf knocking the board again :wink: than listen to you numpties. The Hibees are back live with it :flag:

Shrekko
02-02-2011, 11:05 PM
I'm a Riordan fan- always have been.

In saying that I don't get why the OP needed to start the thread, which was GIRUY in it's nature. Deeks like all the players this season had not been at his best and we all know that when Deeks not doing what he does best people will question his contribution. What's the problem?

There seems to be another Hibs.net myth developing that there's a hate campaign against Riordan- it's nonsense.

Who is by far Hibs most popular player? Riordan. END OFF myth I hope.

benrocky
02-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Of course you can have an opinion but if you post pish don't be surprised if people post telling you that. That's their opinion.

I can accept that as you point out that is their opinion, do you see me slagging any of fellow supporters for their opinion ????????

NGH
02-02-2011, 11:07 PM

This is just so wrong. Lord knows Riordan is not the perfect foootballer but he gives Hibs something that other SPL sides can't match and what he can do can't be done by anyone else in this squad.

Walkerbaws
02-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Walkerbaws and benrocky go back tae keechback and wait for us to screw up again before coming back with yer keech. Christ i'd rather read a 10 pager from smurf knocking the board again :wink: than listen to you numpties. The Hibees are back live with it :flag:

Go do one mate, you have obviously jst bashed a few times on your keyboard and come up with this drivel. How old r u mate? Thought a 49 year old man would have something better to say than your a couple of yam fuds. I'm entitled to my opinion so deal with it.

jabis
02-02-2011, 11:10 PM
I'm trying to focus on the good things yet some people are focusing on my posts and shooting me down calling me a yam! I'm only responding to their responses if that makes sense!

:boo hoo:

we share your pain

Removed
02-02-2011, 11:12 PM
I can accept that as you point out that is their opinion, do you see me slagging any of fellow supporters for their opinion ????????

I haven't studied your posts. Hadn't actually noticed you till tonight. Do you want me to look at them all?

hibee_nation
02-02-2011, 11:26 PM
Go do one mate, you have obviously jst bashed a few times on your keyboard and come up with this drivel. How old r u mate? Thought a 49 year old man would have something better to say than your a couple of yam fuds. I'm entitled to my opinion so deal with it.

:na na: We won and Deeks the hammer of the yams scored our first goal of the year. :scarf: It is true i am getting on in years 49 alas but the good news is the 0-7 game still feels like yesterday ya yam trumpet GIRFUY. :notworthy:

Wakeyhibee
02-02-2011, 11:29 PM

Now that's just poor form, it is a forum and people are entitled to their opinions, yourself included, in 3 pages i've only counted one other Yam fud who agrees with you :greengrin

hibee_nation
02-02-2011, 11:34 PM
Now that's just poor form, it is a forum and people are entitled to their opinions, yourself included, in 3 pages i've only counted one other Yam fud who agrees with you :greengrin

Fair play to the yam i am a Prick. :greengrin

silverhibee
02-02-2011, 11:53 PM

That would have been tonight yeah, second half down in the left hand corner he went past, wait for it, two saints players nut meging one of them and hitting the bye-line to put a cross in, so does that answer your question.
And if he didn't score tonight he hardly would have had a shocker, he was involved in everything that Hibs done well in tonight, apart from Spoonys goal, but he was off with an injury by that time.

silverhibee
02-02-2011, 11:55 PM
He is not the messiah he's just a naughty boy.. :na na:

:tee hee::tee hee:

silverhibee
02-02-2011, 11:58 PM
I have to say I've been up there as one of his biggest critics and without doubt he's deserved his spell on the bench. His general level of effort and attitude has been symptomatic of all that has been wrong with us this season.

I know he is the hardest worker and never will be but the level of effort he's put in in his previous 10 or so games has been shocking. He's barely broke sweat and just walked around blaming others.

Tonight he seemed bang up for it, anticipating balls, couple of tricks but overall he was very good:agree:

Now dont get carried away with the praise for Deek. :greengrin

Franck Stanton
03-02-2011, 12:11 AM
Correct, however..........that has been the point of MOST of the critisism he has had on these posts, he hasn't tried a leg for weeks, and tonight he puts in a decent shift, scores and generally worked his socks off. Now, if he did likewise EVERY game no-one would have had any cause to come on here and moan about him now would they ? :aok:

Franck Stanton
03-02-2011, 12:14 AM

Have a word ya eejit.

Kevvy1875
03-02-2011, 12:20 AM
I had to have a gander at Walkerbaws previous posts rather than simply labelling him a Yam.

My considered opinion is that he is either on mogadons or is on the wind up.

Dunbar Hibee
03-02-2011, 12:22 AM
Obviously just wanting a bite. Don't give him the satisfaction.

djs69
03-02-2011, 01:20 AM
Heard on the radio he only couple of goals behind Scott McDonald to take Deeks to3rd or 4th in Premier League top scorers......to all those still critical of Deeks, get a grip.Get him signed up to stay at Hibs for the rest of his career!!

Saorsa
03-02-2011, 01:46 AM
Gaun yersel Deek :flag:

Lucius Apuleius
03-02-2011, 04:55 AM
Fair play to the yam i am a Prick. :greengrin

:greengrin When did you get an Admin's job then? :wink:

As to those slagging Deeks, FFS get a grip. A player a couple of goals off third highest Scottish scorer in the SPL. maybe not the most industrious and I don't care, he puts the baw in the net. End of.

down the slope
03-02-2011, 06:36 AM
Anyone notice last night that Calderwood shook the hand of every Hibs player but ignored Riorden completely ? , don't know if this was because he had been hooked earlier and they had a cuddle in the dugout but it looked a bit odd.

erin go bragh
03-02-2011, 07:15 AM
aye he only managed 17 last season ,playing left mid,and has only scored 100 plus goals for us!:confused: and your dreading the day he signs an extension :confused: ggtth

khib70
03-02-2011, 08:21 AM

:agree::top marks

Best post on the thread.

Fantastic team performance. But according to some the other ten needn't have bothered showing up.

What actually introduces an element of unpleasantness to a really good day, is smug gits showing up and going "see I was right all along".

Hibs are not Derek Riordan's backing group.

lyonhibs
03-02-2011, 08:31 AM

Please count the number of points by which we would be worse off without his goals - just so far - this season, (I count 5 at LEAST) and think about that statement again.

Walkerbaws
03-02-2011, 08:46 AM
Please count the number of points by which we would be worse off without his goals - just so far - this season, (I count 5 at LEAST) and think about that statement again.

Sorry mate, I forgot riordan played all the games on his own.

J-C
03-02-2011, 08:50 AM
I come in late last night and too tired to read all the posts, then this morning after a good result and a good TEAM performance we have certain individuals having a go at Derek Riordan. I think everyone on this forum knows Deek is nnever going to be workhorse type of forward but christ lads give it a rest, or has been said, sod off back to Keekback and do one, it's all so bloody boring.:bye:

blackpoolhibs
03-02-2011, 09:26 AM
Last night was typical Deek, although he's played better he still scored. Now with us starting to get what resembles a midfield together, he's starting to score again.

He's also staying in the right positions rather than covering at left back. In fact last night Poulson played a ball inside the right back and Deek won a race with the full back from a yard or so behind him, probably because he'd not been running all over the pitch covering for the full back?

I have always said,he's a quality player, and will play better with better players around him. His finish was quality, he showed glimpses of what he's good at again. I certainly hope he stays, and we add others to compliment what he gives us?

Hibee87
03-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Anyone notice last night that Calderwood shook the hand of every Hibs player but ignored Riorden completely ? , don't know if this was because he had been hooked earlier and they had a cuddle in the dugout but it looked a bit odd.

Deek was taken off on his own accord, when he took a short corner and got it back he tried to swing it into the box and looked liek he stretched somthign he signalled to the bench straight away and about 5 min later danny came off after a warm up :wink: never seen the hand shake thing thoguh :confused:

khib70
03-02-2011, 10:43 AM
I come in late last night and too tired to read all the posts, then this morning after a good result and a good TEAM performance we have certain individuals having a go at Derek Riordan. I think everyone on this forum knows Deek is nnever going to be workhorse type of forward but christ lads give it a rest, or has been said, sod off back to Keekback and do one, it's all so bloody boring.:bye:
No, what's really boring is people like you saying things like that. Because people don't agree with you ,they're yams. Grow up. Who the hell died and made you the judge of who's a proper Hibee?

:bye:yersel

lyonhibs
03-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Sorry mate, I forgot riordan played all the games on his own.

No he doesn't play the games on his own, but when it comes to putting that round thing between those sticks that the opposition defend, he's been doing that - predominantely - single handed for months. Not as often as we'd like, and he can be frustrating, but still our best finisher and attacking option by a distance.

It's not like we've been keeping clean sheets - Riordan has scored in (all??) the vast majority of the precious few games from which we have taken points this season.

khib70
03-02-2011, 12:13 PM
No he doesn't play the games on his own, but when it comes to putting that round thing between those sticks that the opposition defend, he's been doing that - predominantely - single handed for months. Not as often as we'd like, and he can be frustrating, but still our best finisher and attacking option by a distance.

It's not like we've been keeping clean sheets - Riordan has scored in (all??) the vast majority of the precious few games from which we have taken points this season.
No one is denying that, LH. but you must admit the "where would we be without him?" argument is a bit weak. It only has any application if Hibs were to get rid of Deek and not replace him at all. This is about as hypothetical a situation as you can get. I don't think you seriously believe that he's the only person in Scotland who can score goals.

He's a very good player indeed, albeit one with serious flaws on and off the pitch. What I object to is the notion that he is above criticism, and solely responsible for anything good that has happened at Hibs in the last few years.

Sometimes this board resembles a Facebook fan page, when any discussion of Deek takes place.

lyonhibs
03-02-2011, 12:24 PM
No one is denying that, LH. but you must admit the "where would we be without him?" argument is a bit weak. It only has any application if Hibs were to get rid of Deek and not replace him at all. This is about as hypothetical a situation as you can get. I don't think you seriously believe that he's the only person in Scotland who can score goals.

He's a very good player indeed, albeit one with serious flaws on and off the pitch. What I object to is the notion that he is above criticism, and solely responsible for anything good that has happened at Hibs in the last few years.

Sometimes this board resembles a Facebook fan page, when any discussion of Deek takes place.

Some of the goals he's smacked in - like the howitzer against Kilmarnock - I do think there are few - if any - strikers in our price range that could have done that.

I take the point though - but (entering the realm of the purely hypothetical here) if we got rid of Riordan and "replaced" him with A.N. Other Striker, in these parsimonious times, I would say that the odds of signing someone who would score as many goals as Riordan would be heavily stacked against us.

Your last point is very valid - I remember the seeming desperation of grown men to re-sign Deeks as if doing so was tied to their future happiness and future existence of Hibs - a tad unsightly, and he is far from beyond criticism.

HibbyAndy
03-02-2011, 12:25 PM
Gaun yersel Deek :flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

--------
03-02-2011, 02:28 PM

One that badly needs a bit of house-training, IMO.

I would be interested to know whether Walkerbaws (shouldn't that be Talkinbaws, surely?) has ever in his time on this forum posted anything positive biut Hibs, or genuinely rejoiced in anything good for Hibs - like DR's propensity to score goals even when he's not playing well.

I don't like doing the LTYF business, but I think they're Gorgie urine-extractors - and not very entertaining ones at that.

LYTFs. :devil:

Criswell
03-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Deeks last night was just Deeks. He didn't contribute a lot but when his only real chance came along he converted it suberbly......that's why I love him!

sunshine1875
03-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Ok Walkerbaws, so given our budget who do you think we should get in to replace Riordan. Someone, who will get us the 20 goals a season.

Note Riordan has scored nine goals this season from 21 games played and there are 14 games remaining - league games only. Only seven players have scored more in the league this season. All playing for top six clubs. Apart from Miller and Sammon, who are both away, the player with the most goals is Stokes playing in a much better team with 13 goals.

Bishop Hibee
03-02-2011, 04:26 PM
:singing:Petrie, Petrie, sign him up. Petrie, sign him up:singing:

As I've posted previously, we need to build the team around Riordan, not get rid of him. If he goes elsewhere at the end of the season for more money then so be it but we'll struggle to find a replacement who scores so many goals.

delbert
03-02-2011, 04:34 PM
Yeh thats right CC shook hands with everybody last night except Riordan, and the photo on the front page of tonights Evening News is obviously a photo-shopped fake. For Christs sake get a ****in grip, we win our first game, score our first goal, and play well for the first time in 2011, and some liar decides to start a CC hates Deek rumour. Have'nt you got better things to do with your time, or perhaps you should just yourself away down to Specsavers. I realsise this is a forum for all Hibs supporters and for all views, but total nonsense like this should be trashed immediately, at least try to be constructive or truthful, what the hell was the point in posting this total pish in the first place?

TowerHibs
03-02-2011, 04:56 PM
This board is depressing at times....and when i say at times i mean 90% of the time.

How anyone can have a go at Derek for what he has achieved at Hibs is unreal. We have never been world beaters, never been the best team in the league and never been challenging on all fronts. Yet Riordan will (very shortly) become the third SPL goalscorer of all time...yet gets nothing but abuse. Yes we'd all love players who have every attribute ticked but we are Hibs for christ sake....playing in a shambolic league paying shambolic wages (in the football world)

Yet we have a striker who has notched up 90 odd SPL goals (btw he missed 2 years at Celtic) and we're having a go because he doesn't play like Tevez/Rooney. Who do people think we are????? I personally think it's a myth that he doesn't work hard, he does. He's clever about it, plays on the shoulder, anticipates back passes and at the end of the day puts the ball in the back of the net!!!!!

Every player at Hibs will have a major flaw, everyone. Its why they are at Hibs. Get behind the guys, get behind the manager. Every interview and commentary from last nights game said that the crowd gave the team the lift that it needed. This board and our support need to realise what a massive impact we can have on the team and on opposition when the crowd get it right.

As someone said above, the team should be built round Derek and he should be left to do what he does best!!!! Exactly what the Huns done when Kris Boyd was he was there. Think with a much improved midfield and much improved full backs going forward, space is created, passes are found and chances are created. If you can honestly say that when these chances are created, you wouldn't want Derek on the end of them.....then i personally believe you won't know a football if it hit you in the face!!!!

billbee
03-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Just been announced on STV News at 6 - Deeks wants to stay at ER for the rest of his career? Any thoughts?

CropleyWasGod
03-02-2011, 05:44 PM
Just been announced on STV News at 6 - Deeks wants to stay at ER for the rest of his career? Any thoughts?

Classless, money grabbing welt....

Oh wait, wrong thread. :rolleyes:

lyonhibs
03-02-2011, 05:45 PM

Yes - I hope he stays for the rest of his career, absolutely no doubt about it.

Sammy7nil
03-02-2011, 05:48 PM

I noticed that but they had already shook hands when he was subbed

Sammy7nil
03-02-2011, 06:03 PM

Saw that hope it happens can't see it. Deek will say he wants to stay but Hibs are offering sweeties so he has to go.

--------
03-02-2011, 06:31 PM

Don't wonder. Who's Riorden? The fourth official?

I know he shook hands with Riordan at the end of the match.

HOW long has Deek been around ER and people STILL don't spell his name correctly? It's on the back of his shirt, you know.... :rolleyes:

frazeHFC
03-02-2011, 08:05 PM

No pace? Can't beat a player? What about when Palsson played the through ball and Deek sprinted to it before the defender. Or when he megged their right back, ran onto it and played a good ball into the box that almost led to the second.

Pace, skill and he beat the player so your point is totally invalid. You can have opinions, but know the facts first!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9386770.stm - 3 minutes 30

That Nasri song posted, but with Riordan, would be class.

:notworthy: Riordan, Derek Riordan, na na na na :flag:

Dunbar Hibee
03-02-2011, 08:57 PM
No pace? Can't beat a player? What about when Palsson played the through ball and Deek sprinted to it before the defender. Or when he megged their right back, ran onto it and played a good ball into the box that almost led to the second.

Pace, skill and he beat the player so your point is totally invalid. You can have opinions, but know the facts first!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9386770.stm - 3 minutes 30

That Nasri song posted, but with Riordan, would be class.

:notworthy: Riordan, Derek Riordan, na na na na :flag:

Wotherspoon would work better instead of Riordan imo.

silverhibee
03-02-2011, 09:00 PM

I take it you seen the front page of the EEN tonight. :wink: :greengrin

Removed
03-02-2011, 09:03 PM
I take it you seen the front page of the EEN tonight. :wink: :greengrin

It's amazing what you can do with photoshop though :wink:

silverhibee
03-02-2011, 09:05 PM
It's amazing what you can do with photoshop though :wink:

:greengrin

One Day Soon
03-02-2011, 09:16 PM
It is true that there is only one Derek Riordan. Actually probably not, there must be quite a few of them dotted around.

TPAKA
03-02-2011, 09:28 PM
It is true that there is only one Derek Riordan. Actually probably not, there must be quite a few of them dotted around.

In Scotland there's 2. His Dad & him.

Kinda like Andy Goram but actually having another person there. :agree:

Ed De Gramo
03-02-2011, 09:39 PM
wow....we win, deek scores and he gets abuse :rolleyes:

There's a lot of ungrateful barstewards on here (or is that just 2?)

Jonnyboy
03-02-2011, 09:40 PM
In Scotland there's 2. His Dad & him.

Kinda like Andy Goram but actually having another person there. :agree:

:greengrin

Hibs90
03-02-2011, 09:45 PM
:top markstotally agree

Spot on guys, totally agree.

Now where about at tynie is you're ST? :greengrin

matty_f
03-02-2011, 09:56 PM
wow....we win, deek scores and he gets abuse :rolleyes:

There's a lot of ungrateful barstewards on here (or is that just 2?)

Don't confuse criticism with abuse, Gramo. Certainly when the first point was made it was someone voicing an (unpopular) opinion. It's allowed.

Even if it is a pish one.:agree:

'Mon the Deek!:greengrin

Shrekko
03-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Don't confuse criticism with abuse, Gramo. Certainly when the first point was made it was someone voicing an (unpopular) opinion. It's allowed.

Even if it is a pish one.:agree:

'Mon the Deek!:greengrin

I think folk should be able to voice unpopular opinions without getting this level of stick :agree:

I disagree with the opinions but folk being classed as Jambos cos they don't go with the popular flow will put people off. As long as folk are being objective I don't see the problem.

I've said it already but people are going way OTT with their claims about Deeks being hated. I can't think of a current player even half as popular as him.

matty_f
03-02-2011, 10:07 PM
I think folk should be able to voice unpopular opinions without getting this level of stick :agree:

I disagree with the opinions but folk being classed as Jambos cos don't go with the popular flow will put people off. As long as folk are being objective I don't see the problem.

I've said it already but people are going way OTT with their claims about Deeks being hated. I can't think of a current player even half as popular as him.

Gatecrasher
04-02-2011, 08:17 AM
There's voicing a valid opinion and just talking Barry White, valid opinions create discussion, talking Barry White creates a reaction

Deek was immense the other night, keep it up deeko

FromTheCapital
04-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Would have the Nasri song except but Derek Riordan in then we have one for Tynie

blackpoolhibs
04-02-2011, 10:00 AM
There's voicing a valid opinion and just talking Barry White, valid opinions create discussion, talking Barry White creates a reaction

Deek was immense the other night, keep it up deeko

Now i'm one of Dereks biggest fans, but even i did not think he was immense? He contributed little in the first half, although did more in the 2nd, finishing off with his goal.

I thought we got a typical Riordan performance, one i'd take every week though. :thumbsup:

Baker9
04-02-2011, 10:06 AM

I saw as Riordan ignoring him - much more likely.

matty_f
04-02-2011, 01:04 PM
I saw as Riordan ignoring him - much more likely.

Not likely at all, as has been mentioned before there is actual photographic evidence of them shaking hands as Riordan came off.

HibbyAndy
04-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Would have the Nasri song except but Derek Riordan in then we have one for Tynie

:singing: NANANANANANANANANAANANAANNAA SAMIR NASRIIII NASRIIIII SAMIR NASRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII NANANANANANANANNAN SAMIR NASRI NASRIII SAMIR NASRIIIIII NANANANANANANANANANAN :singing:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

djs69
04-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Watch and learn.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spQ3ihnxWNU

Kiss the badge !!:thumbsup:

Sumner
04-02-2011, 09:49 PM
Sign him up now Petrie !! :agree:

hibsbollah
04-02-2011, 09:50 PM
But he doesnt 'track back':violin:

7Hero
04-02-2011, 10:04 PM
yup he was a great player...

frazeHFC
04-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Derek Riordan, always a Hibs hero in my eyes. :thumbsup:

It's nice seeing the Famous Five full etc, hopefully we see those times again. :notworthy:

iwasthere1972
04-02-2011, 11:08 PM
Watch and learn.....

A coaching role at ER should be offered to him when he hangs up his boots. How many of our players are capable of scoring from 30-35 yards even when there's no defence or goalkeeper?

A legend. :aok:

oldbutdim
04-02-2011, 11:12 PM
What a fantastic video.

I'm so glad to have witnessed this talent at ER.
:not worth

yekimevol
04-02-2011, 11:27 PM
if he goes back to his attitued at the start of the season were his work rate was the best i have seen it. then he is the best striker in the spl and needs to be give a long term contract.

KiddA
05-02-2011, 04:25 AM
Watch and learn.....

I liked this one too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUP-_61GP1g&feature=related :thumbsup:

EasterRoad4Ever
05-02-2011, 05:28 AM
A coaching role at ER should be offered to him when he hangs up his boots. How many of our players are capable of scoring from 30-35 yards even when there's no defence or goalkeeper?

Sadly, you can't teach natural talent.

Years from now, long after DR's career is over, Hibs fans will be talking about this player and his goals - in the same way a lot of us older fans harp on about Stanton, O'Rourke et al. DR has done his bit for HFC over the years. Petrie and rubbish managers have systematically stripped the club of talent over these years, leaving DR to shore the side up as a one man scoring machine. Totally unfair, and sad that some Hibs fans don't see that.

I really hope CC can bring back decent players, and has the sense to re-sign DR.

Winston Ingram
05-02-2011, 07:27 AM
he used to be really good didn't he:agree:

So was this guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT6g4K7whK8&feature=fvsr)

AndersonGGTTH
05-02-2011, 07:55 AM
i would still let him go at the end of the season though. Didn't do much apart from score tonight. I know that's what he's on the park to do before you all shoot me down but his goal tally is dropping every season and that's okay if you have someone on the team that's going to score you 20 goals plus to help the team out ie stokes last season. Think we need to see alot more from deeks before he gets offered a new deal imo, i'm dreading the day that he does sign an extension coz it will come.

o
m
g!

The Modfather
05-02-2011, 11:09 PM

Probably not as a fitness coach though :greengrin

Sumner
06-02-2011, 05:44 PM
There's only 1 Derek Riordan :agree: