PDA

View Full Version : Palsson

Liam89
02-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Absolutely brilliant, played for the team and showed passion can pick a pass an aw!

Kevvy1875
02-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Absolutely brilliant, played for the team and showed passion can pick a pass an aw!

Think we have found a player here. His tackling was awesome....been looking for his type for 2-3 seasons. I think we found him...early days but he looks the part.

Craig_in_Prague
02-02-2011, 08:57 PM
I thought we shopped at Lidl and board don't back the manager, and we sign players who are option 7, 8th etc..... So we cannae have a good player at hibs surely :confused:

Hank Schrader
02-02-2011, 08:59 PM
You could tell on Sunday that he looked like a footballer. I think we are starting to find out why the Liverpool fans were so disappointed to see him leave.

Hibby Kay-Yay
02-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Finally, someone that can fill the Matty jack role :wink:

stoneyburn hibs
02-02-2011, 09:01 PM
is he permanent , or on loan ?

Liam89
02-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Permanent 18 months I believe

Dalianwanda
is he permanent , or on loan ?
Permanent :thumbsup:

Pedantic_Hibee

:agree:

stoneyburn hibs
02-02-2011, 09:05 PM

:aok:

IWasThere2016
02-02-2011, 09:05 PM
He is class :agree: Instantly obvious at Tannadice.

billbee
02-02-2011, 09:07 PM
We got a player here! and at the end o the game went round clapping the stands, well done son good game!

Lofarl
02-02-2011, 09:07 PM
I think we have got a real talent in this lad. Looks a step above already.

Supraninja
02-02-2011, 09:12 PM
Some/most of his tackles were class :greengrin

Ireallywasthere
02-02-2011, 09:14 PM
MOM for me, never stopped, can tackle and great in the air - looks real class. Was well impressed by all the signings

hibee
02-02-2011, 09:17 PM
He should have got a 5 year deal if he always plays like he did tonight.

MagicSwirlingShip
02-02-2011, 09:18 PM
MOM for me tonight :agree:

100% in every tackle, controlled in the challenge, looks like he has a good turn of pace and a good engine, and played some lovely passes. He bossed the midfield all night. Keep it up lad!

Andy74
02-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Top class. Sauzee like at times. Enjoy the 18 months we have him!

Westie1875
02-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Excellent home debut, very excited about seeing a Hibs team with him anchoring the midfield for a long period hopefully :thumbsup:

Craig_in_Prague
02-02-2011, 09:23 PM

Totally agree.

I said after Sunday, this guy is class. And he probably only wanted 18 month deal, coz he'll no doubt move on within 1 year, as he's really that good.

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-02-2011, 09:23 PM
:not worth Different gravy from the big man! Was a bit worried for a ten min spell after his booking when they were trying to get at him. Actually thought CC was gonna change him for Miller, glad he didnt. Brilliant stuff.

essexhibee
02-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Sounds like brilliant news to have a decent midfielder.

Anyone else got a smile on their face atm similar to this > :greengrin ?

col02
Their number 11 is going to get halved next time we play them from either Murray or Palsson!:greengrin

tamig

Exactly. I heard some boys moaning coming out the game that we should have signed him on a longer deal. Think the boy is clearly using us as a stepping stone and there will be no shortage of admirers in the near future. A great prospect and I'm just happy we'll get a chance to see him grow with us for a bit at least.

Cocaine&Caviar
02-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Listed as 5'11? Look and played about 6'3 tonight.

EasterRoad4Ever
We got a player here! and at the end o the game went round clapping the stands, well done son good game!

Yip, noticed that as well. Future captain material me thinks :thumbsup:

All round game was first class, and boy can he tackle :greengrin

down-the-slope
10 minutes in and he had already picked 3 difficult long passes to perfection...knew then the manager / board had bagged a gem...

Then he made 3 tackles the like of which we have not seen at ER for a long long time..they lifted the whole stadium and created a momentum for the team...

No idea what his mother fed him but for 19 he is a Monster, and athletic with it.:cool2:

hibee
02-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Their number 11 is going to get halved next time we play them from either Murray or Palsson!:greengrin

What about number 17, he's due a heavy tackle or two after tonight

Hank Schrader
02-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Listed as 5'11? Look and played about 6'3 tonight.

I am sure I read he was over six foot.

Hank Schrader
02-02-2011, 09:32 PM
If he continues in this vein till the end of the season I would be surprised if we don't offer him improved terms and an extention of a couple of years.

If he turns out to be as good as most of us suspect we need to protect our investment and try and get a good fee for him when he does move on.

Kudos to Calderwood for getting this guy to Easter Road.

Iggy Pope
02-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Listen, the Mrs and me were having a pint in the Kings Manor on Saturday night and he was in having his tea. (And with what I took to be his mammy at that! Good laddie.) He must be staying there (as a lot of our newbies do).
I fell in to the trap of thinking 'he's not big though is he?'.....what an error I made there and I'm ashamed :slipper:. He obviously strips big and he was excellent tonight. Wholehearted, strong and comfortable on the ball. Everything we've beeen missing for a long time.
No pressure on him, but he shaped up a bit like Peter Cormack for me. Any older Hibbies think this?

nonshinyfinish
02-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Cheap option, f****** disgrace, CC clueless, Petrie GTF, etc.

Wait...

TornadoHibby
02-02-2011, 09:43 PM

Think we have found a player here. His tackling was awesome....been looking for his type for 2-3 seasons. I think we found him...early days but he looks the part.

:top marks

This guy gave us back something to look forward to again! :cool2:

Tackles like a terrier but usually wins the ball and comes away with it, is commanding in the air and passes well whether 5 yards or 50 yards! MOTM for me tonight but tbh, there was "fight, grit and determination" from everyone, even Nishy, tonight which made the whole experience much more enjoyable for the fans AND for the players! :agree:

Callum Booth and Towell were superb as was Hanlon IMO with Dickoh providing a commanding presence in the air (against Higden) and on the deck too! The four in midfield gave everything - Ian Murray even looked like he had energy left at the final whistle despite battling for the entire match and Sodje looks as though he might just give us a battling target man up front for Riordan to benefit from!

I'm happier tonight with the prospect of avoiding relegation but there are 16 games still to go and many points yet to be won before we are safe! However, it is looking better tonight than it was a couple of weeks ago IMO! :wink:

ronaldo7
02-02-2011, 09:45 PM
Listen, the Mrs and me were having a pint in the Kings Manor on Saturday night and he was in having his tea. (And with what I took to be his mammy at that! Good laddie.) He must be staying there (as a lot of our newbies do).
I fell in to the trap of thinking 'he's not big though is he?'.....what an error I made there and I'm ashamed :slipper:. He obviously strips big and he was excellent tonight. Wholehearted, strong and comfortable on the ball. Everything we've beeen missing for a long time.
No pressure on him, but he shaped up a bit like Peter Cormack for me. Any older Hibbies think this?

More like a Paddy Stanton for me. Give him the No 4 shirt now.:aok:

givescotlandfreedom
02-02-2011, 09:46 PM
He was an absolute class act! I'm absolutely delighted for him. Two of the old guard scored but every one of the new guys was brilliant today. Was great to finally see the team I love back :flag:

RoYO!
02-02-2011, 09:47 PM
He was the last man off the park- he was absolutley loving it at the end :D

vla_di_vla
02-02-2011, 09:48 PM

Wait...

Looks a class act alright. Anyone know who got him here? Was it CC or our scouts?

I would enjoy him while he's here folks he's potentially that good. Not convinced about about Thornhill though he's coming back from injury so I won't write him off until a few more games!

givescotlandfreedom
He was the last man off the park- he was absolutley loving it at the end :D

He was also celbrating with the West Standers when we scored the first. I think he's loving it :thumbsup:

Iggy Pope
More like a Paddy Stanton for me. Give him the No 4 shirt now.:aok:

:greengrin
I'd need to give that one time R!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
02-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Very impressed :agree:
Exactly what we needed.

Sammy7nil
02-02-2011, 10:00 PM
If he continues in this vein till the end of the season I would be surprised if we don't offer him improved terms and an extention of a couple of years.

If he turns out to be as good as most of us suspect we need to protect our investment and try and get a good fee for him when he does move on.

Looks like a longer deal should be a priority

Hibby Bairn
02-02-2011, 10:01 PM
He ran the game and coached our players on the park. Real presence. Class act.

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Looks a class act alright. Anyone know who got him here? Was it CC or our scouts?

I would enjoy him while he's here folks he's potentially that good. Not convinced about about Thornhill though he's coming back from injury so I won't write him off until a few more games!

He put in some cracking tackles as well. Three in a row at one point in the second half :agree: Think he was struggling a bit with match fitness. There's a good player there as well imo.

Sammy7nil
02-02-2011, 10:03 PM

Wait...

To be fair I dont think many if any said Palsson was a cheap option.
If Pool paid £300,000 for him I would think he got a reasonable signing fee and wont be far away from top earners at E.R.

steakbake
02-02-2011, 10:05 PM

In all honesty, the 18 month contract was more likely at his insistence, not at ours. He won't want to get tied down too long term at Hibs and will be off at a decent offer. As Andy says, we should enjoy him while he's here.

Iceman
02-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Good to hear this about Palsson. Maybe if he does well in the U-21 European Championships this summer his value will rise. I think he wil sign an extension this summer with Hibs though. What a great club for a young player.

steakbake
02-02-2011, 10:10 PM
Good to hear this about Palsson. Maybe if he does well in the U-21 European Championships this summer his value will rise. I think he wil sign an extension this summer with Hibs though. What a great club for a young player.

Yep, he did well tonight. Showed commitment, went in for tackles. He's exactly what we've been missing. He keeps that up, the fans will be singing his name for some time to come.

AFKA5814_Hibs
02-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Looks a class player. Someone who'll go far in the game. :agree:

Thecat23
02-02-2011, 10:12 PM
I can honestly say i've not seen a player like him at ER for a very long time. Even at the Utd game he looked the part. This lad could go far in the game. The tackles he put in were nothing short of superb. He has a leadership about him and not affraid to take on a player. He can pass a ball 40 yards with ease. He won't be around to long thats for sure but seeing him in the middle of the park fighting, winning and showing passion is something we haven't seen from our midfield in god knows how long. Well done CC for getting him here, this boy can play. :not worth

Hank Schrader
02-02-2011, 10:13 PM
In all honesty, the 18 month contract was more likely at his insistence, not at ours. He won't want to get tied down too long term at Hibs and will be off at a decent offer. As Andy says, we should enjoy him while he's here.

I agree but surely the club could ask him to sign an extension but with the promise he can still leave at the same time he initially planned.

The last thing I want to do go on about him leaving when he has barely played a game! :greengrin However, say he wanted to go in the next January window, having two and a half years left on his deal rather than six months could boost the fee we receive for him.

I am sure Rodders will know this already. :wink:

greenlex
02-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Absolute quality. Reminds me of myself back in the day. :greengrin

sleeping giant
02-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Won me over with his first crunching tackle on the west stand touchline.

Ave it !!!

greenlex
02-02-2011, 10:15 PM
I would be sitting him down tomorrow never mind the summer. He will go on to much bigger and better things than Hibs. :agree:

steakbake
02-02-2011, 10:16 PM
I agree but surely the club could ask him to sign an extension but with the promise he can still leave at the same time he initially planned.

The last thing I want to do go on about him leaving when he has barely played a game! :greengrin However, say he wanted to go in the next January window, having two and a half years left on his deal rather than six months could boost the fee we receive for him.

I am sure Rodders will know this already. :wink:

There will no doubt be a fag packet somewhere in EH7 with those very calculations on them.

Hank Schrader
02-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Absolute quality. Reminds me of myself back in the day. :greengrin

I shall be seeking a reference on that particular statement Alex! I know a man who will be able to provide me with that. :wink: :greengrin

Franck is God
02-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Absolutely superb début for the kid, hard to believe he is so young.

Pretty Boy
02-02-2011, 10:18 PM
The guy is pure class.

Solid and not afraid to get stuck in, very intelligent with and without the ball, can pass a ball 50 yards to feet but also able to keep it simple when needed.

This boy will go far in the game, absolutely no doubt about it. Glad to have him here while it lasts.

GreenCastle
02-02-2011, 10:19 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Covered loads of ground and read the game well.

Very strong player and good to see that he's not scared to make a tackle.

He was picked up by Liverpool for a reason.

He has also signed an 18 month deal but lets enjoy him while he is here :agree:

greenlex
02-02-2011, 10:31 PM
I shall be seeking a reference on that particular statement Alex! I know a man who will be able to provide me with that. :wink: :greengrin
The same man could have been a comparison too. Honest. :greengrin

Hank Schrader
02-02-2011, 10:37 PM
The same man could have been a comparison too. Honest. :greengrin

Not so sure likesay, the stories I have heard of him through the years leave me with an impression of a hachetman at left back!

He keeps telling me how great a left foot he had! That'll be the same left foot he used to slide tackle me with as a 12 year old down the local park! :greengrin

Back on topic, this Palsson lad sounds like a star in the making. Very pleased to hear how good he played tonight!

Baldy Foghorn
02-02-2011, 10:56 PM

Going to be a fans favorite if he continues to tackle like he did.... Not many will get past him thats for sure......

Bookkeeper
02-02-2011, 10:59 PM
Top quality signing and credit to Calderwod for getting him in. Showed a cool head too when St.Mirren players were in his face after the booking.

monktonharp
02-02-2011, 11:01 PM

I am sure Rodders will know this already. :wink:are you RP'S accountant?:wink:

Sir David Gray
02-02-2011, 11:08 PM
This guy looks extremely impressive and as others have already said, we just have to enjoy him whilst he's here because he will be moving to a far higher level than the SPL in the near future.

For a 19 year old, he put in a very solid and commanding performance.

What a difference it was having him in the middle of the park, compared with some of our midfielders in recent months.

Hank Schrader
02-02-2011, 11:18 PM
are you RP'S accountant?:wink:

No but I am an accountant to trade.:wink:

GraniteCityHibs
02-02-2011, 11:29 PM
I'm glad you folks can let us know how our players actually played. Spence and Paterson barely mentioned Palsson all night. Too busy slavering p!sh, barely knew what was going on most of the time! the way Paterson speaks really does my head in too, always rounding off his sentences in that annoying way he does! Glad CC has bagged a good one! Let's hope the others turn out the same! Can't stop smiling tonight!

Hibercelona
02-02-2011, 11:33 PM
He'll have one bad game and he'll be branded as just another passenger. :devil:

Perspective
02-02-2011, 11:43 PM
Lot of man-love in our house for Palsson.

Don't want to go overboard, but give him a six-year deal now, make him captain and begin work on the statue.

For years to come we'll be debating who should fill 'The Palsson role'.

bingo70
02-02-2011, 11:44 PM
Not sure if anyones mentioned it yet but for me one of the big turning points tonight was when he fouled someone, they went nuts, starting pushing him, he walked away got booked but never moaned at all, next chance he got he absolutely clattered the boy that'd just pushed him then stood up straight away and went right into his face...obviously couldnt hear him but it was one of those ones where he appeared to tell the **** not to push him around.

Exactly what we've been missing.

Reminds me of a young matty jack...but better :wink:

The Harp
02-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Tremendous performance from Palsson tonight. :aok: He's destined for the top this guy so I suppose 18 months is the most we're likely to have him for. Looked to me as though he's modelled his game on Steven Gerrard.

matty_f
03-02-2011, 12:08 AM
I was really impressed with Palsson on Sunday against Utd, where along with Scott I thought we won the midfield battle.

Tonight, though, Palsson was immense. Reads the game very well, positionaly excellent, tough in the tackle and used the ball terrificly well.

A couple of the tackles that he put in were just outstanding. :top marks

I liked the bit of aggression that he's got in him, and between him, Thornhill and Murray they showed that they wanted it more than St Mirren. First to so many balls, and actually took the game by the scruff of the neck.

It's been a long, long time since we've had a midfielder do that.

sadtom
03-02-2011, 12:18 AM
Several impressive performances tonight including - The team as a whole.
The support, well done to the singers who kept it ticking along, but most imortantly everyone as a whole stayed pretty positive, even though the breakthrough took a bit of time coming.
Also from Jason during the half time 10 sec challenge. Just got 'commited' (signed) to Hibs at the begining of the season from my lads team. Terrific wee player.
Most i've enjoyed a game for donkeys.
What about Palsson. Man of the match by a country mile.
Bit like the love child of Boozy and Broony at times. Available, good feet, excellent range (and execution) of passing, energetic, some sensational tackling, aggresive at times and confident.
The boy looks a player. Hope we can try and tie him down for longer.

Dashing Bob S
03-02-2011, 01:37 AM

I'm disappointed. Not George Street class. Somebody seriously has to take him under his wing if he's to make it at ER.

KiddA
03-02-2011, 02:08 AM

Yeah I thought that too before Stephen Glass said I believe he is on loan from Liverpool on Hibs tv the other guy did not correct him so it got me thinking :confused: I hope is is Permanent as he was a class act tonight :agree:

DAVE1875
03-02-2011, 02:41 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3384935/My-Kop-Palss-can-help-me-be-a-Hibs-hit.html

Think we may be needing to thank Eggert Jonsson who is helping Palsson settle in.

Not meaning to sound negative but I'm hoping this isn't another Liam Miller: Plays immense for the first few months at the club then goes into a "can't be bothered" attitude

bighairyfaeleith
03-02-2011, 05:59 AM
are you RP'S accountant?:wink:

Jesus how hard would that job be, trying to advise the tache on money:greengrin

Hibbyradge
03-02-2011, 06:05 AM
Sat hello to a future captain. :agree:

TornadoHibby
03-02-2011, 06:32 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3384935/My-Kop-Palss-can-help-me-be-a-Hibs-hit.html

Think we may be needing to thank Eggert Jonsson who is helping Palsson settle in.

Not meaning to sound negative but I'm hoping this isn't another Liam Miller: Plays immense for the first few months at the club then goes into a "can't be bothered" attitude

You failed then! :confused: :rolleyes:

Liam89
03-02-2011, 07:27 AM

Miller never shouted in other players faces and or put in crunching challenges like Palsson!

The Falcon
03-02-2011, 07:28 AM

My thoughts exactly. Lad is obviously talented and fearless to boot. I would like to think he would be here for longer than 18 months but as we have seen he is talented then so will others so lets fully support the guy while we have him.

Iceman
03-02-2011, 07:41 AM
Last summer Palsson was invited to play two friendlies with the Portugal U-19 side as he qualifies with his father being from Portugal. However he declined the offer. I think he could be a hit at Hibs but its still very early doors and anything can happen. However, Rafa once pinpointed him to be a player who could make an impact at Liverpool and Gerrard once said he saw a little bit of himself in Palsson.

For the last statement I cant vouch for as it was Palsson himself who said that to Icelandic media.

Ritchie
03-02-2011, 07:44 AM
Fantastic Player! think we have finally started to move in the right direction. :thumbsup:

lucky not to have been sent off though!!

down-the-slope
03-02-2011, 08:33 AM
'if you good enough your old enough'....can't get this out my head thinking about last night...

He loved being on a bigger stage...the way he stayed on the pitch last and applauded all the stands will only add the him quickly becoming a hero. We sometimes put too much expectation on young players...in his case its justified.

I remember the last time i saw a young player ar ER who looked so young / good / out of place that you knew they would be at the top of the game sometime soon...when young striker came on as sub for Everton in pre-season friendly...Wayne Rooney

The other great thing is that the Tache will now have greater confidence in supporting the Manager in aquiring the players he identifies..if we can pick up more players like this window..not only will we progress on the pitch and get a wining team...but we will remain financially stable as we are aquiring assets not liabilities

khib70
03-02-2011, 08:41 AM
The lad is a real find. He's living proof that there are footballers out there who can tackle uncompromisingly and also display pace and passing ability right out of the top drawer.

He gives the lie to the black and white view often expressed in the media and on here that you're either a "flair player" or a "hard man". This guy is clearly both, and has leadership qualities way in advance of his years. He totally bossed the midfield throughout the game.

Not only that, his presence allowed more freedom to other players like the fullbacks, Wotherspoon and Miller when he came on to express themselves.

Well done CC - got any more like that in the old Filofax?:drool:

whiskyhibby
03-02-2011, 08:50 AM
MOM for me tonight :agree:

100% in every tackle, controlled in the challenge, looks like he has a good turn of pace and a good engine, and played some lovely passes. He bossed the midfield all night. Keep it up lad!

Have to agree he was awesome, need to get that 18month deal extended, I suspect it was at his request due to our perilous position :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kerrplunk
03-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Absolutely brilliant player.......you can just see he will go to the top.

Like others have already said,enjoy him while he is here!!

Thecat23
03-02-2011, 09:07 AM
'if you good enough your old enough'....can't get this out my head thinking about last night...

He loved being on a bigger stage...the way he stayed on the pitch last and applauded all the stands will only add the him quickly becoming a hero. We sometimes put too much expectation on young players...in his case its justified.

I remember the last time i saw a young player ar ER who looked so young / good / out of place that you knew they would be at the top of the game sometime soon...when young striker came on as sub for Everton in pre-season friendly...Wayne Rooney

The other great thing is that the Tache will now have greater confidence in supporting the Manager in aquiring the players he identifies..if we can pick up more players like this window..not only will we progress on the pitch and get a wining team...but we will remain financially stable as we are aquiring assets not liabilities

Good post mate, i agree 100% i was raving about him to my mate after the game that you can tell he's going to do very well in the game. It's refressing to have a player like him and if he isn't here as long as we may want him to be, at least we can enjoy him while he is.

Arch Stanton
03-02-2011, 09:09 AM
Last summer Palsson was invited to play two friendlies with the Portugal U-19 side as he qualifies with his father being from Portugal. However he declined the offer. I think he could be a hit at Hibs but its still very early doors and anything can happen. However, Rafa once pinpointed him to be a player who could make an impact at Liverpool and Gerrard once said he saw a little bit of himself in Palsson.

For the last statement I cant vouch for as it was Palsson himself who said that to Icelandic media.

We might not like your banks and we might not like your volcanoes but now that Palssons in the team it looks like everybody now loves Iceland. Quite rightly too might I add.

pogo
03-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Good post mate, i agree 100% i was raving about him to my mate after the game that you can tell he's going to do very well in the game. It's refressing to have a player like him and if he isn't here as long as we may want him to be, at least we can enjoy him while he is.

Does this mean, to use an American phrase, he would be our M VP?

I'll get my coat.........

Stevie Reid
03-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Reminded me of Paul Lambert in his heyday, pure class last night. The aggression in his game will no doubt lead to a few red cards in his career, but he would seem to be exactly what we are looking for. If he finishes the season in the same form we should really be looking to renegotiate his contract at the end of the season, but if he ends up not being here that long it'll be because he has been an outstnading signing.

Last night's midfield with Scott in for Murray, and Sodje upfront gives us a very solid and aggressive spine to the team.

CmoantheHibs
03-02-2011, 10:02 AM
The guy is going to be a star and ,as mentioned previously, the 18 month deal was probably at his request.He will know how good he is and Hibs will be a stepping stone to a successful career.Lets hope he falls in love with Hibs, like we all have, and signs an extension with a release clause(20million sounds a fair level to me:greengrin).
Also, though it is early doors, it looks like our management team have a great eye for a player.This bodes very well for our club in so many different ways.Most of our recent problems can be traced back to poor dealings in the transfer market.

blackpoolhibs
03-02-2011, 10:34 AM
19 years old. :notworthy: